Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
It would gain a full 1-1.5mph from mustang wheel and tires? Come on man. Lol
Id expect nothing less than that with a drag pack. 285 35 20 on 20x11 rims and 10" front? That would be a big upgrade.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Do you think I am a successful street racer because I know my stuff or perhaps because I pull stuff out of my ***? Come on man...

Its physics man.

Here is an article that better ilustrates my point.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/on-ch...-make-the-car/

Spot on. E85/drag pack is definitely a 2-3mph difference over a regular fuel tune only car.
And I'm an avid track rat/bracket racer and I spend a lot of my time figuring out what does what.. PP wheel/tire front are 60lbs and backs 64lbs. What are 1le wheels/tires?

Edit: I hope your not saying the performance pack mustang has p-zero trofeo's like the z28?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Teching In

And I'm an avid track rat/bracket racer and I spend a lot of my time figuring out what does what.. PP wheel/tire front are 60lbs and backs 64lbs. What are 1le wheels/tires?

Edit: I hope your not saying the performance pack mustang has p-zero trofeo's like the z28?

At this point, i see that the discussion is pointless... When talking straight line performance. It is all about height of tire, rolling resistance/comtact patch and weight.

Ironically, im not the one claiming "unfair advantage" based on oem tires.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point, i see that the discussion is pointless... When talking straight line performance. It is all about height of tire, rolling resistance/comtact patch and weight.

U rite, you claim unfair advantage when you have more power mods.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:36 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
...500 says Poppa can't outrun Phil on pump and stock wheels. I'll fly up and meet Poppa on 95. Phill would outrun every bro on this thread
Nice stips!

Maybe one day Phill will race it...He has nothing for Poppa so far.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ok clown....he hasn't ran it yet. So that = no slip.

I thought you didn't like fast lists.....so don't worry about it clown....
No **** he hasn't raced it, I already knew that. Hiocrew don't race.

Show me quote where I've said that about fast lists....

Originally Posted by *Tips Fedora*
Why would a H/C/I/stalled LS1 need to prove that it's faster than a lousy 12 second br0? Just admit that you know you'll get drug down the street. This is after all the STREET racing section. So man up and come dig me, *****. We both know youre scared.
You can't beat a 12.5s 2v man. Your car is the big suck.

...The 1LEs trap would go up 1-1.5 mph with the stang's wheel / tire combo.

Hence, why I get suck a big chuckle when the 5.bros down play a drag pack like is nothing...
Get a drag pak and show us slips, before and after.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
If you're that into road course, take your *** to the road course section and see how many dumbass posts you can make over there.
gas anyone ever seen this dumbas post anything of worth?

If so please link it up
Not when you are talking about 1/4 mile times. It actually hurts. They are heavier, stiffer and have more rolling resistance. Not to mention taller which also hurts acceleration.

The 1LEs trap would go up 1-1.5 mph with the stang's wheel / tire combo.

Hence, why I get suck a big chuckle when the 5.bros down play a drag pack like is nothing...
They pkay errything down
Do you think I am a successful street racer because I know my stuff or perhaps because I pull stuff out of my ***? Come on man...

Its physics man.

Spot on. E85/drag pack is definitely a 2-3mph difference over a regular fuel tune only car.
That was a good article......5br0s won't be interested in actual good information.

SS wheel/tire combo is 70+ lb each. A 1le is slightly lighter. The clutch in all v8 5gens is 20lb heavier than your stangness.......not to mention the severe difference in gearing favoring the Mustang.

Kinda makes it suprising they run as close as they do stock to stock.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
Phill has never run his 1LE at the track, but you think it'll beat the fastest 1LE cars on the C5 fastlist?

That's what needs to happen to kill poppa. lol

Hio = Ricer be ricing and retard be retarding
Right here fool
Old 06-14-2016, 04:43 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Right here fool
Yes you are a fool. You and Jake make a great duo. LOL
Old 06-14-2016, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Ok clown
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033

Get a drag pak and show us slips, before and after.
Have been thinking long and hard on that one. I have always been a big fan of running on street wheels but have really been thinking of doing a drag pack.

Next item on the list will be a flex fuel kit.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shut up clown

I'm sure it runs good but like i said you will easily drop 3~mph in that form. If yall were to run don't show in that form unless you really like lookin at the *** of a 5gen.

Lol....

We're not "them people".....i have mods all over this site on my own car and look how many tears get shed on it. Just not sayin. Not my car to say and you guys are "them" cryin type people

Lol if you think one of those intakes will get you 120.

Nothin shady....just not sayin. Basic stuff really.

Funny the intake you tried before slowed you.

Yea i understand that info. I also understand that you can not use a 1600cfm intake.
One of those intakes has already gotten more than 1 S550 120mph traps with the same mods as me. We shall see huh?

And I didnt go slower with the Steeda intake.. I just didnt gain anything with the NO TUNE setup with the restrictor. Going to try it without restrictor... tuner is sending me a revised tune as we speak..

Your little Lol. Said it all on our mods list. That right there proves to me that Phils car will not keep up with me mod for mod. Let me get a stall, lightweight driveshaft, long tube headers and no cats on my car, as I am sure yall are doing or have done. It wouldnt stand a chance in hell. Oh, and if we meet up to run... we WILL run across a truck scale beforehand, or no deal.

This is just to prove whether holesaw it or not and claim not to
Old 06-14-2016, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
y2

500 says Poppa can't outrun Phil on pump and stock wheels. I'll fly up and meet Poppa on 95. Phill would outrun every bro on this thread
So is this 500 based on Phil coming to the table with same mods? Or with his car full sausaged out? Driveshaft? Long tubes? Cats? 3lb clutch? You know my mods. I can surely wait to race until I have equal mods tho. Like longtubes, driveshaft, lightweight brakes, stall etc etc etc...

Tell you what. I have 1000 saying with exact verifiable mods on our cars without weight reduction (other than what the catback, drag pack gives) his car wint touch mine mod for mod. We would roll across a scale before said races too.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I like both cars but the camaro is vastly superior
Old 06-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Launching!

I might of misunderstood what you meant. Do you mean a big and little setup or the performance pack wheel and tire setup?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Hio claims his car is built for road racing but doesn't post in the road racing section at all?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Its physics man.

Really? 2-3mph? Hmm... my car on stock tune catback only on street tires went 89.6mph in the 1/8th. With flex tune, e85, and drag pack it has trapped 93.5. So you are telling me 90% of my trap speed increase came from the e85 and drag pack? Wow... that would mean my 93 side of the flex tune should only give me 1mph huh? Lol... them bench racers...
Old 06-14-2016, 05:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Ok then,

The tires both hurt and help at the road course. They hamper straight line acceleration while promoting handling/turning acceleration. They have a synergistic relationship with the rest of the car.

Ultimately, they offer more benefits, hence why GM used them as part of the oem package. Its not like Ford didnt have the same opportunity to pick tires as well.
I've always wondered why Ford under-tired all of their Mustangs for the past ~25 years. *Had they equipped the Mustangs with similiar tires to the 1LE* I bet the track performance would be a lot closer. But, such is life.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I've always wondered why Ford under-tired all of their Mustangs for the past ~25 years. *Had they equipped the Mustangs with similiar tires to the 1LE* I bet the track performance would be a lot closer. But, such is life.
^^What he said
Old 06-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Launching!

gas anyone ever seen this dumbas post anything of worth?

If so please link it up

They pkay errything down

That was a good article......5br0s won't be interested in actual good information.

SS wheel/tire combo is 70+ lb each. A 1le is slightly lighter. The clutch in all v8 5gens is 20lb heavier than your stangness.......not to mention the severe difference in gearing favoring the Mustang.

Kinda makes it suprising they run as close as they do stock to stock.
No they're not. Lol a quick look from Google shows many people who weighed them and they're strikingly similar to the mustang.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Whats to wonder about the stock equipment on a base GT? ITs a base car made to be cheap.

Whats so special about the run flats on a new base SS car that still outperforms a PP mustang with better tires on a track?

The mustang is the cheapest car in the segment for a reason.

Better stock tires and or equipment aren't free.

Some of you must have missed the 1le and z28 comparison where they switched the tires between them. They put the trofeos on the 1le and it gained very little. Suspension tuning is required to get the most out of a new tire.

Quick Reply: Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS