Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So...does everyone with bolt-ons have to say "weight reduction" is one of their mods if the aftermarket parts are lighter than the stock parts?

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ask the cobros. They seem ti always cry about weight unless it's in their favor then it's run what brung.
We have zero issues with wheels/tires, catback etc cutting weight off the cars
It seems the Hio crew tends to want to yank other things off their cars, including 5th gens just to be able to compete.

I GUARANTEE their cars at full factory weight like mine with only wheels, or catback reducing that weight, would get gapped. That's the big secret with the Hio crew.... they need very lightweight cars to prevent the gap train from running on them...
Old 06-17-2016, 01:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask the cobros. They seem ti always cry about weight unless it's in their favor then it's run what brung.
That's not at all what goes on, and people have been saying it for literally years on here. For example; the stock H-pipe on my '98 GT had SIX catalytic converters (2 pre-cats, 4 regular). Replacing that with a catless H-pipe probably dropped at least 25-30lbs, but it is simply an aside. Insisting that people list "weight reduction" as a mod when they replace their exhaust is silly. NOW, people who do things like deliberately drill holes in suspension parts, remove bumper supports and door bars, install lightweight wheels (for the purpose of weight removal), etc... that is deliberate "weight reduction." There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it isn't "simple," and definitely not the same thing as installing an exhaust system.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've already established that Doug has to refer to his car as a "FBO, extreme weight reduction, internally modded, and faceplated trans" from now on since he wants to be so literal.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Yeah, most S550s are not that great stock. Once mods start, Scat Packs cant keep up doe' From what I see, there are not that many FAST bolt on only Mopars, other than the Hellcats of course..
All LBO cars. I can get 6-10 more listings of low 12's stock and high 11 slips but it doesn't matter to me really. Dodge doesn't have near the following either as Ford or GM. There are people pulling these times with minimal effort. ON 20'S FOR THE MOST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post5538978

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post5930441

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6105857

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6575969

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6576113
Old 06-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Yeah, most S550s are not that great stock. Once mods start, Scat Packs cant keep up doe' From what I see, there are not that many FAST bolt on only Mopars, other than the Hellcats of course..
Your forgetting the manual guys that can leave hard at will stock with a good set of tires.

For instance I would be P.O'd if I couldn't get a 1.7 60ft with a set of slicks. I plan to try that sooner than later.

Meanwhile the A6 guys will always be held back buy the stock converter.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Scat's > 6gen
Old 06-17-2016, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been impressed by the scat packs
Old 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

We have zero issues with wheels/tires, catback etc cutting weight off the cars
It seems the Hio crew tends to want to yank other things off their cars, including 5th gens just to be able to compete.

I GUARANTEE their cars at full factory weight like mine with only wheels, or catback reducing that weight, would get gapped. That's the big secret with the Hio crew.... they need very lightweight cars to prevent the gap train from running on them...
For starters you're not full factory weight

Secondly.....with your car at it's best right now you would be lucky if you beat phils 1le with his at full weight on stock wheels and all.
That's not at all what goes on, and people have been saying it for literally years on here. For example; the stock H-pipe on my '98 GT had SIX catalytic converters (2 pre-cats, 4 regular). Replacing that with a catless H-pipe probably dropped at least 25-30lbs, but it is simply an aside. Insisting that people list "weight reduction" as a mod when they replace their exhaust is silly. NOW, people who do things like deliberately drill holes in suspension parts, remove bumper supports and door bars, install lightweight wheels (for the purpose of weight removal), etc... that is deliberate "weight reduction." There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it isn't "simple," and definitely not the same thing as installing an exhaust system.
What about the guy that does his research and finds the lighter cat back vs the heavier one. Would that not be weight reduction?

Here'sthe way i see it.......bitch *** furd guys cry their *** off when the gm is lighter. When the gm is heavier it's lookat that fat pig. That's the way it goes down.

There is no end to furd guys tears.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
We've already established that Doug has to refer to his car as a "FBO, extreme weight reduction, internally modded, and faceplated trans" from now on since he wants to be so literal.
Here's how nate describes his car.

I don't have one
Originally Posted by Its Stock
Scat's > 6gen
More like sexgen > all
Old 06-17-2016, 06:46 PM
***Repost Police***

What about the guy that does his research and finds the lighter cat back vs the heavier one. Would that not be weight reduction?
I have never in my life heard of someone picking a cat-back system because of weight, it is always about power/sound. In either case, no I personally wouldn't consider that to be "weight reduction." It would be (more than likely) a very expensive "exhaust."
Old 06-17-2016, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
All LBO cars. I can get 6-10 more listings of low 12's stock and high 11 slips but it doesn't matter to me really. Dodge doesn't have near the following either as Ford or GM. There are people pulling these times with minimal effort. ON 20'S FOR THE MOST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post5538978

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post5930441

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6105857

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6575969

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ml#post6576113
Well, I probably should have worded it differently. In my area I dont see many fast ones. In the US? Yeah I am sure they are out there.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Popps. I been down to Charlotte twice now in a few days. HOW in the **** is it even possible to street race there LOL. Traffic is egregious.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Your forgetting the manual guys that can leave hard at will stock with a good set of tires.

For instance I would be P.O'd if I couldn't get a 1.7 60ft with a set of slicks. I plan to try that sooner than later.

Meanwhile the A6 guys will always be held back buy the stock converter.
You have a point there. Stock stall does hold back somewhat but its not so much the stall, as the power. I know guys who have stock stall with nitrous or power adders running 1.5-1.6 60ft times... I believe Kelly Aiken went 1.4s with the oem stall in his TVS S550.

For starters you're not full factory weight

Secondly.....with your car at it's best right now you would be lucky if you beat phils 1le with his at full weight on stock wheels and all

More like sexgen > all
Ha! You mean Phils car with full exhaust long tube headers, xpipe etc? I have already taken out a 429rwhp SS with long tibes, no cats, full exhaust, cai, tune, on radials at the track more than once. And those are geared better for digs than the 1LE. And it wasnt just beat.. I pulled away the whole runs. We left pretty even on our radials.. the gap city. Oh...... and I forgot.. I was on 93 then, and didnt have the skinnies on the front of the car (hadnt ordered them yet)

I have never in my life heard of someone picking a cat-back system because of weight, it is always about power/sound. In either case, no I personally wouldn't consider that to be "weight reduction." It would be (more than likely) a very expensive "exhaust."
Yep.. this... I listened to every single youtube s550 exhaust video I could find..over and over again before I settled on my catback. I knew there would be no performance gains.. I HAD to get that quiet assed oem catback off the car.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

That wasn't phils car tho. You can't compare these guys thst don't know wtf they're doin to us. Trust me.......you would have your hands full.

You 93 and your street wherls you lose without a doubt
Old 06-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

So no Camaro kills count unless Phil is driving, got it.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Huh? DUDE... seriously... my 12.4 run was BONE STOCK suspension. The ONLY mod was the catback. My springs and links went on AFTER I got the tune etc. You are trying really hard aren't you?

The suspension mods on my car have helped it ZERO. I have proof in many many slips before and after those mods showing 60ft times. The only thing that helped my 60ft go down is the ET Streets.

S550 would dog the **** out of a 5th gen MOD FOR MOD, and you and the Hiocrew know it. I am willing to prove it, but it seems Hio needs to throw MORE mods on a 5th gen just to keep in the same zip code as me.
Bone stock you were running around 8.4-ish, which is about right. Same as a 5thgen.

Modded you edged a stock 5th gen.

S550 is not fast by any means unless it's very modded, just like most cars. It's a 13.0-12.9 car. Tbh that's like being a 3v these days
Old 06-18-2016, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Phil is down playing his car. He will beat any bro on this thread on pump and stock wheels.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Launching!

You have a point there. Stock stall does hold back somewhat but its not so much the stall, as the power. I know guys who have stock stall with nitrous or power adders running 1.5-1.6 60ft times... I believe Kelly Aiken went 1.4s with the oem stall in his TVS S550.

Ha! You mean Phils car with full exhaust long tube headers, xpipe etc? I have already taken out a 429rwhp SS with long tibes, no cats, full exhaust, cai, tune, on radials at the track more than once. And those are geared better for digs than the 1LE. And it wasnt just beat.. I pulled away the whole runs. We left pretty even on our radials.. the gap city. Oh...... and I forgot.. I was on 93 then, and didnt have the skinnies on the front of the car (hadnt ordered them yet)

Yep.. this... I listened to every single youtube s550 exhaust video I could find..over and over again before I settled on my catback. I knew there would be no performance gains.. I HAD to get that quiet assed oem catback off the car.
You make a good point to. A power adder changes things but while I think there is room for improvement with a good converter there to any n/a scenario will be held back far worst.

The third pedal comes into play but you need the driver mod with tires to both do well and not break it. Lol
Old 06-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
454 torque huh? More downplay from camp Ford? How about a 800hp 540 hydraulic roller street car? Not mine though. The old man's. Nice car btw

https://youtu.be/xKo_UYT02_8
That's a nice car, which heads he has on it? What about the the trans? Pro street or tubbed?
Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

That wasn't phils car tho. You can't compare these guys thst don't know wtf they're doin to us. Trust me.......you would have your hands full.

You 93 and your street wherls you lose without a doubt
And I am betting otherwise.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
Bone stock you were running around 8.4-ish, which is about right. Same as a 5thgen.

Modded you edged a stock 5th gen.

S550 is not fast by any means unless it's very modded, just like most cars. It's a 13.0-12.9 car. Tbh that's like being a 3v these days
My car ran the 8.0 at the same exact mods as the 8.4. Be butthurt about it if you want. Me no care.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Phil is down playing his car. He will beat any bro on this thread on pump and stock wheels.
No he won't.

Quick Reply: Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS