Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm

Just snooping around on the net, it seems the '13-15 CTSV sedans will run 11.90-12.2s @ 116-118 stock so.... I guess they are pretty close.. I would like to run one on a dead even start....and preferbly not from a 70+ roll....LOL

I see you got the silver, smart man.It's the fastest color.
Great looking car man congrats.

Wish we lived closer to each other and could partake in a few acceleration tests.
It would make for some pretty cool pics next to my GT.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just snooping around on the net, it seems the '13-15 CTSV sedans will run 11.90-12.2s @ 116-118 stock so.... I guess they are pretty close.. I would like to run one on a dead even start....and preferbly not from a 70+ roll....LOL
Sweet car, man! Yeah, the new 6G is a good run for the V's
Old 07-14-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1

I see you got the silver, smart man.It's the fastest color.
Great looking car man congrats.

Wish we lived closer to each other and could partake in a few acceleration tests.
It would make for some pretty cool pics next to my GT.

Thanks man! The Camaro is actually my wife's car... its an A8, 2SS.

But my other car is silver too...

Name:  4526F28B-2A20-4415-80B6-D55A4BC691E0-14303-00000BF30508CFFD_zps62f8686f.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  2.22 MB
Old 07-14-2016, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Buddy here bone stock 16 Camaro SS auto went 12.08@116
Old 07-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mannnnnnnnnnnn. I LOVE C5z's on CCW drag packs. That car looks soooooo good.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
You need to look closer at the Mustang view camera on the last race. I was a fender up and started my pull right when we let off... we only ran to 120ish or so. I made a poor choice in camera placement for those races. But being that I was there... I know whether I was ahead or not.

Needed them all? Wrong. You tell me how the cars are evenly matched when I am able to pull from half a car behind to a full car ahead in the span of 100mph. I know exactly how the races went, and how my car was pulling on the 6gen. Had we went to 140mph there would have been zero doubt even in the Hiocrews minds which car was the faster one.

At the track? It would have been a slaughter. Which it actually was.... we met first time at my local 1/8th mile track.
Yes...you have a modded auto with a drag pack and you beat a factory stock manual car at the strip. Im shocked.

Ive watched the vid. The cars are very very close IMO. And I do think you needed every mod you had. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Some perspective for you. How do you think the race would have looked with a drag pack e85 auto 6g vs a bone stock 5.0 m6? Wouldn't even be worth doing that's how bad.

Guess it just shows the dominance of the 6g judging by your excitement and bias over a very lopsided win
Old 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Scooting for a stock car no matter how you slice it. Can't wait to see them come down more on price. The 0% for 72 months I'm sure will help sales with those who like to purchase on debt.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

You need to look closer at the Mustang view camera on the last race. I was a fender up and started my pull right when we let off... we only ran to 120ish or so. I made a poor choice in camera placement for those races. But being that I was there... I know whether I was ahead or not.

Needed them all? Wrong. You tell me how the cars are evenly matched when I am able to pull from half a car behind to a full car ahead in the span of 100mph. I know exactly how the races went, and how my car was pulling on the 6gen. Had we went to 140mph there would have been zero doubt even in the Hiocrews minds which car was the faster one.

At the track? It would have been a slaughter. Which it actually was.... we met first time at my local 1/8th mile track.
I watched it several times to try and put a couple pennies in your pocket. 6gen 3 you 2

At the track he beat you once cause he had you harred

So 1:1 at the track. You shouldn't let 6gens upset you so much

Are you really tryin to bulk up on tryin to beat a stock car at the track with your modded one?? :rolmao:
And again... that was a unicorn LS7.. never has that output been matched stock by one, or a C6Z. Your argument is still invalid.

We had 3 full races that day.... at the end of all 3 I was ahead. It would have just gotten worse if we had pulled higher. Get over it.
Nothing unicorn about that ls7. Same dyno same day same operators......tough for you and others to swallow but the ls7 makes more power. No 2 ways about it.

Nice lookin rides!
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
They seem to be 12.2 or faster.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Yes...you have a modded auto with a drag pack and you beat a factory stock manual car at the strip. Im shocked.

Ive watched the vid. The cars are very very close IMO. And I do think you needed every mod you had. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Some perspective for you. How do you think the race would have looked with a drag pack e85 auto 6g vs a bone stock 5.0 m6? Wouldn't even be worth doing that's how bad.

Guess it just shows the dominance of the 6g judging by your excitement and bias over a very lopsided win
My god that would be a beat down. ....no purpose in even making that run happen. Even against poppa un full race mode it would be pointless.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 205 Likes on 159 Posts

Old 07-14-2016, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, its is old news that the 6gen is faster stock vs the S550. Bolt ons, the 5.0 seems to gain a little better. I cannot help the level of mods between the 2 cars when we raced. Before that I had not even seen a 6gen locally until we met at the 1/8th mile track and ran before setting up the roll races. I didn't make the video to prove that a modded S550 can beat a stock 6gen. We all know that should happen, as was the case. I made the video because a) there are not that many head to head private owner videos out there yet with the cars, and b) I wanted to throw a daytime video out there for everyone to watch and enjoy. My intention was not to cause a big debate. My intention was to let fellow car enthusiasts watch and enjoy 2 nice pony cars duking it out. I sowwy... I won't do eet agayne.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I watched it several times to try and put a couple pennies in your pocket. 6gen 3 you 2

At the track he beat you once cause he had you harred

So 1:1 at the track. You shouldn't let 6gens upset you so much

Lol! Alrighty then Mang! Whatever you say!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Well, its is old news that the 6gen is faster stock vs the S550. Bolt ons, the 5.0 seems to gain a little better. I cannot help the level of mods between the 2 cars when we raced. Before that I had not even seen a 6gen locally until we met at the 1/8th mile track and ran before setting up the roll races. I didn't make the video to prove that a modded S550 can beat a stock 6gen. We all know that should happen, as was the case. I made the video because a) there are not that many head to head private owner videos out there yet with the cars, and b) I wanted to throw a daytime video out there for everyone to watch and enjoy. My intention was not to cause a big debate. My intention was to let fellow car enthusiasts watch and enjoy 2 nice pony cars duking it out. I sowwy... I won't do eet agayne.

No need to explain yourself to these fegs, poppa.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

You are just as responsible as the rest of us for causing debate etc with some of your comments. Don't act like you're all innocent lol. I meant no disrespect I'm just giving it back to you a little bit. All in good fun

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
No need to explain yourself to these fegs, poppa.
Stop it you're hurting my feelings
Old 07-15-2016, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

You are just as responsible as the rest of us for causing debate etc with some of your comments. Don't act like you're all innocent lol. I meant no disrespect I'm just giving it back to you a little bit. All in good fun
True.. I have my times like everyone else. But without the back and forth it would be boring as hell in here.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Its Stock
Mannnnnnnnnnnn. I LOVE C5z's on CCW drag packs. That car looks soooooo good.
Thanks man!

I normally roll around on 19" IForged but have the CCWs for track/street playing.

It gets around ok...

I am having fun playing with mama's Camaro though...That thing drives like a space shuttle compared to my old dinosaur '02 C5Z...

We need more 6G battle vids posted up in here...

Who would have thought that slow *** 12 sec cars would cause so much hoopla?....LOL
Old 07-15-2016, 05:02 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
That's a big negative ghost rider.

Op said the weekend plans of each party didn't add up.

Get zyborg involved, he'll get it to happen.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Nice C5Z sir, looks like the ccw's fit the bill well with the mods list I see in the sig. Im sure the wife is happy with y'all purchase as well on the SS.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Nice C5Z sir, looks like the ccw's fit the bill well with the mods list I see in the sig. Im sure the wife is happy with y'all purchase as well on the SS.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
You heard the man Zyborg, make it happen!! Lol
Old 07-15-2016, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

LS have been around since they were released
Old 07-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
LS have been around since they were released

wat??

Quick Reply: *Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen