Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cammed 5th gen vs stock 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I guess I could be like Hio here and say yes most do because they're setups suck. Am I right?
lol yeah man. It sounds so ridiculous
Old 08-07-2016, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
That is your humble opinion Hio, doesn't make it right but you are entitled to it either way. I will say this much, I have been impressed by maybe 16 5g's from 2010 til now. I am assuming 96% of the 5g's out there are **** set up right according to you? My setup was as good as it was going to get on my budget without hacksawing the damn thing to be a track car. One thing I damn well know how to do is spec mods to go fast. Not bragging but my 08 Z was not slow, my 09 Z was not slow, my V wagon was definitely not slow, my 13 sti was not slow, etc etc. My 13 srt8 was slow bc it was a heavy *** brick, and my 16 Z06 was stock til I ate the motor (slow for the short while I had it).

So you tell me how the heck is my setup ****? I just had a slow heavy car with a good setup. Think what you want though, I won't lose sleep tonight if you think my setup was **** lol.
It's not my opinion. My bolt on ls6 is less than 50whp off your h/c ls3. It's a fact.

Yes 96% is **** set ups because they are like yours.

Slow?? You don't even know if it's fast really. Have you ever ran any at the track? If so post the results. But unless you address a couple know problems holding back the 5gen right off the bat.....and you didn't. ....then that's why your set up is ****.
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
As far as I'm concerned the dyno can say whatever it wants. What i'd like to see is one of these 500 + hp LS3 Camaros at the track, and see what they are trapping. That will quickly confirm or deny some of these dyno numbers
Let's face....most these dynos aren't that far apart. All the dyno jets I've been on read very close to each other if it's ran right.

There are many factors that make a car quick at the track..........power is not the only thing that determines that.
I guess I could be like Hio here and say yes most do because they're setups suck. Am I right?
You could......but we are talking pump gas stuff here. Did you make over 450 on pump? How fast did you go on pump?
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
lol yeah man. It sounds so ridiculous
What's ridiculous is a h/c ls3 only making 478 when they have been to 450 with not even full bolt ons.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Well Doug to make your self feel better I've never ran pump gas since I've started modding......you wouldn't either if you had it local.....and I know this makes you guys mad but I've never been FBO. Do I think a Coyote could make over 450 on pump gas? ABSOLUTELY......easily.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Actually i would've ran it on pump.....just like i didn't bother putting a dr on it till it went 11.5.

And look....you're talking over 450. I've showed you a cam only ls3 making over 520 on pump.

Btw....you could still say what you ran on pump.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:03 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Well Doug to make your self feel better I've never ran pump gas since I've started modding......you wouldn't either if you had it local.....and I know this makes you guys mad but I've never been FBO. Do I think a Coyote could make over 450 on pump gas? ABSOLUTELY......easily.
I'm pretty sure E85 comes out of pumps by you. Sounds like pump gas to me.

PS. Hio is really stipping the **** out of all this dyno racing too. LMAO
Old 08-07-2016, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

As far as I'm concerned the dyno can say whatever it wants. What i'd like to see is one of these 500 + hp LS3 Camaros at the track, and see what they are trapping. That will quickly confirm or deny some of these dyno numbers

#boltOnOnly

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 08-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Actually i would've ran it on pump.....just like i didn't bother putting a dr on it till it went 11.5.

And look....you're talking over 450. I've showed you a cam only ls3 making over 520 on pump.

Btw....you could still say what you ran on pump.
Now we're comparing a max effort cam only LS3 to a LBO 5.0? Lol ok. What gear was in that 520 car 3:42? Dyno queen....go to the track and fail like 9-10 vettes. Doug when we race You better be on God's **** fuel because I don't want none of these excuses about fuel this fuel that.....
Old 08-07-2016, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Bolt On LS3 Corvette Goes 10.42@128 - YouTube

#boltOnOnly

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
That's pretty phenomenal! Any idea on the weight?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Teching In

#boltOnOnly

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Same MPH as the bolt on Bros.....wow that's weird and the Bros were 300+lbs heavier....weird again. Doug is all about MPH because it shows power this power that. Same MPH in a heavier car means the motor is making more power...
Old 08-07-2016, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

That's pretty phenomenal! Any idea on the weight?
No clue. Looks like a pretty simple setup
Old 08-07-2016, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Same MPH as the bolt on Bros.....wow that's weird and the Bros were 300+lbs heavier....weird again. Doug is all about MPH because it shows power this power that. Same MPH in a heavier car means the motor is making more power...
No bro is going 128 on 91 sorry. Bro's are around 120 mph on pump max effort
Old 08-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Don't be sorry....just imagine the Bro at the same weight....oh wait we have already seen what a Bro does when it's light.....but nobody wants to talk about that. Sorry.

You and Doug sound ridiculous with your fuel excuses.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:20 PM
7 Second Club

Everything is a simple setup
When are you going to the track again? What fuel you gonna be on?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Don't be sorry....just imagine the Bro at the same weight....oh wait we have already seen what a Bro does when it's light.....but nobody wants to talk about that. Sorry.

You and Doug sound ridiculous with your fuel excuses.
There's no need to be upset. Br0 is a nice motor. Just inferior to ls3. Use whatever fuel makes you happy. This LBO vette would be even faster yet on FTW
Old 08-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Teching In

There's no need to be upset. Br0 is a nice motor. Just inferior to ls3. Use whatever fuel makes you happy. This LBO vette would be even faster yet on FTW
I disagree it's inferior....I think they are extremely close. I am not mad at all here just simple car talk. If someone runs a max effort but holds back on fuel thats there fault. My car seems to do OK on E85 and it's a 1.79 so that's no brainier right ? Also noticed it was cold in that video and it's at Sacramento Raceway which I've been told by a good friend who races there that that track has seen -1500 DA in the winter.....now you guys should know what that does for MPH even though that vette laid down badly up top for a super light car.
TECH Fanatic

I would still love an ls3 c6 some day. Run pretty damn good numbers with a mild cam and bolt on setup and drive it every day
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
I'm pretty sure E85 comes out of pumps by you. Sounds like pump gas to me.

PS. Hio is really stipping the **** out of all this dyno racing too. LMAO
Well.....in the 5br0 vs ls3 build off they didn't run those motirs on different fuels to compare them. So why would you?

#boltOnOnly

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Nice
Now we're comparing a max effort cam only LS3 to a LBO 5.0? Lol ok. What gear was in that 520 car 3:42? Dyno queen....go to the track and fail like 9-10 vettes. Doug when we race You better be on God's **** fuel because I don't want none of these excuses about fuel this fuel that.....
When we race you better run ftw and pray to god i miss 4th.

I have no idea what gear it was in. Fact is it doesn't need a **** ton of gear because the engine actually makes power.

Yea man.......I go to the track and watch 9/10 vetted run like poo on their run flats too. The difference is i know the difference.
It takes ftw fuel in the 5br0 to run what that vette did on 91 octane. And even then the 5br0 trap 126.

You have said yourself ftw shows 3+ mph on coyotes. So now take the ftw out of the record cars and your looking at a 5mph difference.
Very simple. No ewp....no rockers......no e85.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Well.....in the 5br0 vs ls3 build off they didn't run those motirs on different fuels to compare them. So why would you?

Nice

When we race you better run ftw and pray to god i miss 4th.

I have no idea what gear it was in. Fact is it doesn't need a **** ton of gear because the engine actually makes power.

Yea man.......I go to the track and watch 9/10 vetted run like poo on their run flats too. The difference is i know the difference.

It takes ftw fuel in the 5br0 to run what that vette did on 91 octane. And even then the 5br0 trap 126.

You have said yourself ftw shows 3+ mph on coyotes. So now take the ftw out of the record cars and your looking at a 5mph difference.

Very simple. No ewp....no rockers......no e85.
I pray you hit 4th and I'll still be ahead when that monster motor go kart bounces off the limiter in 4th....how would you miss 4th in a faceplated trans and you don't even use the clutch??. A few Bros have now been 128. Take FTW fuel out and make the weight even anyway you wanna look at it....add 300+lbs to the Vette or drop -300lbs off the he bro you have the same logic..... actually the he weight will yield better results . Actually we saw how well a light LBO bro does and this vette doesn't touch it......
Old 08-07-2016, 07:37 PM
7 Second Club

Well.....in the 5br0 vs ls3 build off they didn't run those motirs on different fuels to compare them. So why would you?....
2 things...
1. IDGAF
2. Keep dyno racing like a lil faggit, instead of actually racing.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

I pray you hit 4th and I'll still be ahead when that monster motor go kart bounces off the limiter in 4th....how would you miss 4th in a faceplated trans and you don't even use the clutch??. A few Bros have now been 128. Take FTW fuel out and make the weight even anyway you wanna look at it....add 300+lbs to the Vette or drop -300lbs off the he bro you have the same logic..... actually the he weight will yield better results . Actually we saw how well a light LBO bro does and this vette doesn't touch it......
You act like those record coyotes are full weight or some ****.

You take ftw out and they don't hardly run 10s.

You likely will not be ahead anywhere on our run. This ain't a 123 mph car you're running and starting in the wrong gear.
Originally Posted by islander033
2 things...
1. IDGAF
2. Keep dyno racing like a lil faggit, instead of actually racing.
Lol.....watch out you mught get hacked and have to run and hide like a *****.

Quick Reply: Cammed 5th gen vs stock 6th gen