Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Coyote Hunting (in a 6th Gen) - Episode 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016 | 12:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
Id like to see quotes saying that phil was going to waste poppa. Br0's being salty and making things up
Id like to see those quotes as well.... Poppa-thug gang be making stuff up...
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
I read the the whole thread. Just cause I don't get involved in a bunch of arguing with a bunch of 5.0 nut swingers. You still are not seeing the car run right with the 5.0 that you 5.0bros put on a pedestal. Without a tune lol.
Both of my threads against 1le's was full of "you beat a shitty driver, Phil and and his properly modded 1le would run totally different."
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:09 PM
Teching In

Show quotes ********!
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Both of my threads against 1le's was full of "you beat a shitty driver, Phil and and his properly modded 1le would run totally different."
I remember something along those lines as well. Don't care enough to find the posts.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
1 month ago...

A good number of Ls guys: "no 5.0 can touch Phil for his mods."......"why don't you find a well driven car like Phil's and then you'll see 5th gens are no slouch."

Now....

A good number of Ls guys: "bro he isn't even tuned!!!!!"......"bro but he kept up soooo well!"
Damn as I read on BlkMach is just slaying y'all left and right. Lmao
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:17 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Made up posts are made up lol
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZYBORG

After talking all this ****, about how 5th gens couldnt compete, how he would it would be "gap city".... He couldnt deal with the fact that the runs with Phils 5th ss were very competitive, the outcome just depended on who took the hit and what speed they ran up to.

He was called on his bullshit and resorted to attacking Hio (who he had already met and had a lunch with). He stated that people would have to pay $100 dollars to see under his hood from now on. He then became so enraged that he threatened to "knock" Hio's "teeth out" and deleted the thread....
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
It is sad that both sides can't acknowledge that the other car is a great performer. I'd be happy to own either personally.
What would have been nice is if there was not so much **** throwing back and forth, these two could have added mods or re-tuned their cars and ran them again when it was convenient for both.
I would have been nice to see the gains made by different mods. Some people just cant seem to keep it civil though.
Hey brother man, I am not sure how you missed it BUT acknowledgement of how both cars are good performers and how competitive they are, is what all the LS gang has been stating.

Imstead, it is the delusional 5bros that state how it is "gap city" for the LS3 and so on...

It is definitely sad that there womt be a re-run, Unfortunately Poppa and his Poppa-thug crew took it to another level...
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even if it was said before I'm sure Doug ninja edited the post like he's done in the past to save face.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:23 PM
Teching In

If by "slaying left and right" you mean, how an auto, drag radial, LTs, CAI and tune 15 5.0 managed to run next to a tune only, 6-speed 5g ss with bald tires....?

The yes, YES he is!

Mode like "staying left and right"...LMAOOOOO...
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Where do you come up with this ****? Poppas motor was not sucking hot air. The hole left from modding the airbox was blocked off to utilize the fresh incoming air. I remember him saying he did logs and the air temps was lower than the steeda. Hence modded air bix worked better. Good find on his part.

Phil had no catch can. The 1le comes wuth a catch can in the trunk.....not installed. I've tried to get him to put on his stock catch can.

If you toss the run where traffic got involved like poppa wanted to when he ran the 6gen then it's 1-1-1.

No one stipped on our end. That was all cobrohomo crew. I'm sure someone will recall i told him to bring all he had or he WOULD lose for sure. He thought he could get away with less. That was proved wrong.

Pretty much in a nutshell.
Smh, Hio just spouts of bs about poppa's induction choices he doesn't even have a clue about.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:44 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

So are 5th gens ok or are coyotes horrible turds...?
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Not sure where all the BS is coming from. The 5th gen crowd said poppa would get wrecked. The 5.bro crowd said Phil would get wrecked. NEITHER OF THEM PERSONALLY said such a thing. Both poppa and Phil have said from the beginning that it would be close. The fanboi **** behind each team were making it out to be an annhiliation.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Smh, Hio just spouts of bs about poppa's induction choices he doesn't even have a clue about.
Oh look, another 5.br0 sticking up for a guy that threatened physical violence over a street race.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:48 PM
Teching In

If by "slaying left and right" you mean, how an auto, drag radial, LTs, CAI and tune 15 5.0 managed to run next to a tune only, 6-speed 5g ss with bald tires....?

The yes, YES he is!

Mode like "staying left and right"...LMAOOOOO...
Yea, 255 wide all season pzeros (with 15k miles) drag radials. I had a catch can too, guess I was hiding mods. You're so silly.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Keep kissing the *** of a guy who threatened physical violence over a street race. That makes you just as much of a tool.
i dont know how many street races you have been apart of and im not talking ricer fly bys and this isnt a direct shot at you but before i even had a car watching street races go down that were pre arranged from a dig with large pots of money up for grabs it was not that un common for someone to be a bitch that lost or felt they had been cheated and fights to break out. not saying all races or even most of them.but the fact is this everyone on here has so much time.money and love into there ride if someone is taking shots at it or claiming u were hiding mods or that u lost when u didnt or even that in a different day didferent race different tires different fuel the outcome.would be different most ppl get upset about it were dudes it happens its not even the first time i seen it on srk before
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:49 PM
Teching In

Hey brother man, I am not sure how you missed it BUT acknowledgement of how both cars are good performers and how competitive they are, is what all the LS gang has been stating.

Imstead, it is the delusional 5bros that state how it is "gap city" for the LS3 and so on...

It is definitely sad that there womt be a re-run, Unfortunately Poppa and his Poppa-thug crew took it to another level...
Maybe so. Maybe the 5.O guys were a bit to confident and thought that a bolt-on 5G would not even be close. I think deep down, there is now a greater respect for the 5G. I never doubted a 5G and always thought they were a competent car. A little heavy but none-the-less, a good performer. I think Poppa and Marc said the same thing.

Regardless, all the **** talking simply gave us was a deleted thread and multiple pages of talk that went nowhere and in someone else thread.

It is sad that a group of people with similar interest can't even meet up for some racing and bs'ing without it getting ugly. You have to admit, it would have been good to see the two cars come along on their modifications and run each other again. Oh well. I guess **** happens.
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=BlkMach1;19363841]Both of my threads against 1le's was full of "you beat a shitty driver, Phil and and his properly modded 1le would run totally different."[/QUOTE

All I am saying is that if Phil's car would have been tuned then I would agree with you. It's not properly modded if it hasn't been tuned for the mods it has. That shouldn't be that hard to understand.
Both cars run awesome and did great in my eyes. ]
Old 08-19-2016 | 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big hammer
So are 5th gens ok or are coyotes horrible turds...?
Proper Ls3 5Gs are ok. L99s are more often the turds.
Old 08-19-2016 | 01:07 PM
Teching In

Hio (to no ones surprise) started it all by saying "there's a red 1le in (somewhere) ya'll should stay away from" while down playing the 1le's driver's driving skill.

Heck I'm willing to bet bambinos tune only 5g will beat or stay even with Phil.
Old 08-19-2016 | 01:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZNix
Not sure where all the BS is coming from. The 5th gen crowd said poppa would get wrecked. The 5.bro crowd said Phil would get wrecked. NEITHER OF THEM PERSONALLY said such a thing. Both poppa and Phil have said from the beginning that it would be close. The fanboi **** behind each team were making it out to be an annhiliation.
Bullshit.

Show quotes...."5th gen crowd saying poppa would get wrecked"....

But here, I got something for you:

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I could have my street tires on, with 93octane in the tank and gap your 5th gen. If you planned on going fast in a straight line, you sure picked the wrong car. We can take them to the strip too if you like.
You are the one dreaming.... lots of 5.0s out there running shitty for the mods. Your tank wouldnt stand a chance against my setup.... and I would throw the street tires on and 93 in the tank so you can still use binoculars to read my tag. If we were closer, we could throw some green on it. Your tank wouldnt stand a chance

Anything short of a cam swap in 5th gen and you dont stand a chance. I have already dispatched FBO 2015 SS more than once, along with a healthy cammed L99 auto car. Get that cam in there so you can keep up with my catback, tune GT.
(

Quick Reply: Coyote Hunting (in a 6th Gen) - Episode 1