Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

List of cars I've beaten doesn't match Dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well dyno numbers shoukd always be corrected. They make no sense if you don't correct them even to your own previous dynos.

Another thing is most cars are dyno'd with the hood open. That may help some cars.....it may hurt them. Another thing is ram air systems typically help on road power.
The reason I said 'dont look at corrected numbers' is because in a cold weather day, you'd stand to make higher numbers on the dyno, and weather correction would most likely chop that number down a bit... so if the goal is to make numbers on a dyno for bragging rights... thats how it can be done. And the dyno operator could obviously tweak the numbers too.

Dyno is a tool to me, not the end-all or measuring stick of performance.

Originally Posted by ZNix
Does this read like a humble brag to anyone else?
A lot of **** in this section comes off like that, and theres a few guys humbly bragging it up in here.

Originally Posted by Prototype007
Same here.

The car runs what it runs.
Yeah. Correcting track slips... thats not how it works in my book. Post the times and DA, but post up a time like thats what you run because it calculated out to that if you had potentially run in ideal weather, at 0 DA, with tailwind factor or some ****.

Or do what I've been doing and don't post ****. Tell everyone you run mid 13s, say you make 279whp, and surprise the living **** out of everyone.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:10 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My car made 369whp on the bolt on setup lol. That made a few people scratch their heads when I told them what it made. Pretty obvious that isn't what it's actually making, but hey, they asked.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
The reason I said 'dont look at corrected numbers' is because in a cold weather day, you'd stand to make higher numbers on the dyno, and weather correction would most likely chop that number down a bit... so if the goal is to make numbers on a dyno for bragging rights... thats how it can be done. And the dyno operator could obviously tweak the numbers too.

A lot of **** in this section comes off like that, and theres a few guys humbly bragging it up in here.

Yeah. Correcting track slips... thats not how it works in my book. Post the times and DA, but post up a time like thats what you run because it calculated out to that if you had potentially run in ideal weather, at 0 DA, with tailwind factor or some ****.

Or do what I've been doing and don't post ****. Tell everyone you run mid 13s, say you make 279whp, and surprise the living **** out of everyone.
Originally Posted by Its Stock
My car made 369whp on the bolt on setup lol. That made a few people scratch their heads when I told them what it made. Pretty obvious that isn't what it's actually making, but hey, they asked.
Lol I may have to go back to having the worlds only LS to 4.6 2v swap with flow master and bama tune only.... 189 rwhp
Old 08-21-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth

Yeah, buuuut..... you have a picture of our car with flames coming out of it in your sig. Tough sell.

Quick Reply: List of cars I've beaten doesn't match Dyno numbers