Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I'm interested to see how it plays out as well. I know CC (ochristano) on here ran 7.2X-7.3X in the 1/8th with e85, converter, NPP, cat delete, wheel/tire but think he ran like 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4. Curious to see what he can do in better DA.

I know one c7 (a6) has hit the 10's with bolt ons but I'm just curious to see how many more do after the aftermarket catches up.
I do not think it is the aftermarket, so much as it is in the tuning.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm interested to see how it plays out as well. I know CC (ochristano) on here ran 7.2X-7.3X in the 1/8th with e85, converter, NPP, cat delete, wheel/tire but think he ran like 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4. Curious to see what he can do in better DA.

I know one c7 (a6) has hit the 10's with bolt ons but I'm just curious to see how many more do after the aftermarket catches up.
Yeah cat delete too I forgot. Think that's worth about 4 hp.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

MSD and headers and a better converter and he will be around 10's at full weight. That's badass
Old 09-12-2016, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
I do not think it is the aftermarket, so much as it is in the tuning.
I think you are right. Guys are trying to same tricks as the 6l80 and trying to iron out the kinks
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Yeah cat delete too I forgot. Think that's worth about 4 hp.
On their own website, they have tested the primary cat delete AC Performance sells for 11rwhp/12rwtq and 20rwhp/rwtq in the midrange.
Originally Posted by big hammer
MSD and headers and a better converter and he will be around 10's at full weight. That's badass
That would be pretty gnarly. Of course I want a 2SS so I'll be slow.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I think you are right. Guys are trying to same tricks as the 6l80 and trying to iron out the kinks

On their own website, they have tested the primary cat delete AC Performance sells for 11rwhp/12rwtq and 20rwhp/rwtq in the midrange.

That would be pretty gnarly. Of course I want a 2SS so I'll be slow.
Independant testing on c6 showed 4 hp. 10-11 hp after re-tuning. Depends how you look at it. They get 8-10 from a tune anyways so
Old 09-12-2016, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a buddy in Fayetville NC who has a 5G with the 6 speed auto and it was tuned by 4 different people and not a single one could make it not a pile of turd sacks. It would go down to the wrong gear too soon, or go back up after going down then go back down. Painful to see it slosh around. With the added 2 gears I could see a mediocre tuner really fudge up the tuning. I can see that if the new 8 speed stays into production then it will get the kinks eventually streamed down to smaller tuning companies. But I fear with the new 10 speed auto coming out this will disrupt the 8 speed mastering, simply because of the newer=better mindset and that the desire of fine tuning will be offset and too spread out. I could be wrong and both could turn into greatly tuned transmissions but I do not know! I can barely keep up with things anymore.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Independant testing on c6 showed 4 hp. 10-11 hp after re-tuning.
Sounds correct. I would hope one retunes after adding a certain exhaust component like that

Then again, we had guys like Fenix on here racing his "untuned" H/C TA for years

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
With the added 2 gears I could see a mediocre tuner really fudge up the tuning. I can see that if the new 8 speed stays into production then it will get the kinks eventually streamed down to smaller tuning companies. But I fear with the new 10 speed auto coming out this will disrupt the 8 speed mastering, simply because of the newer=better mindset and that the desire of fine tuning will be offset and too spread out. I could be wrong and both could turn into greatly tuned transmissions but I do not know! I can barely keep up with things anymore.
I fear you are correct. That's part of the reason why I'm glad I'm waiting a bit for a 6G. Badbowtie Sean on here has stated he has seen guys slow down with subpar a8 tuning as well.

I know the 2015 C7 A8 was plagued by converter issues but I think GM has that ironed out for the 2016+ 6G
Old 09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

There are two bolt on LT1 cars at OSR and one at Palm that run 11.2-10.9 depending on air. There is a 10 second one here at work but its a C7. I heard there are 4 others in MD area at Cecil/Atco. Na the LT1 is superior like the LS3. LT1 seems to be limited compared to the LS3 especially in regards to fuel and head. Only thing that keeps the bros close is the gearing. That flips with boost though. Bros especially the new ones are insane with boost.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Just a note... you keep mentioning "rare motor with cnc heads etc".. but the 2015+ 5.0 flows just as good and makes and can hold just as much power as that "rare" Boss
It's not rated as as much power is it? foes it rev as high in oe form?? I think not

Fact is comparing a full sausage motor like that to a engine that ended up in a sedan is kinda crazy.
UltraZ, you seem pretty up to date and informed on 6Gs - do you know of any 10 second bolt on 6Gs yet?

I'm sure there will be many to come once the aftermarket catches up.
Nice deflection......so no stock 11 sec 5br0s eehh?
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
You are right. Its NOT comparable to a motor swapped gutted 4th gen
Who has a gutted 4gen?

Cc went 7.1......I'm the second one here to mention ut. Why do you insist on dumbing down his times?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
There are two bolt on LT1 cars at OSR and one at Palm that run 11.2-10.9 depending on air. There is a 10 second one here at work but its a C7. I heard there are 4 others in MD area at Cecil/Atco. Na the LT1 is superior like the LS3. LT1 seems to be limited compared to the LS3 especially in regards to fuel and head. Only thing that keeps the bros close is the gearing. That flips with boost though. Bros especially the new ones are insane with boost.
Scooting for sure with bolt ons
Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Cc went 7.1......I'm the second one here to mention ut. Why do you insist on dumbing down his times?
We both know there isn't any 11 second stock Br0s. I never deflected like you did from the original question at hand. You're just trying to change the subject to suit your narrative, per usual.

Last I knew CC went 7.2-7.3 in the 1/8th. Glad to know he knocked it down to 7.1 if he did. I haven't seen the 7.1X slip although I have the 7.2-7.3 ones. He ran 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4, right?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Not giving anything calling exactly how it is. It's not a simple bolt on car it has an aftermarket tranny. It's also running race fuel. It is not comparable to hios car IMO.

The 500+ rwhp bolt on 5.0 has been done by both jpc and evolution. Its obvious it won't make a difference to some so I'm not wasting my time finding the links. Let's just assume over 500 rwhp is normal for a couple bolt ons on a 5.0 and that if you mention the fuel you're an idiot. It's pretty comparable to 93. This thread is only good for a laugh to me now.
So no link... ? I don't believe anything that I don't have a source for. I don't even believe what you are saying the 5.0 did. It sounds ludicrous to me. Just because you are saying it, doesn't make it true. Sorry about that, I guess? Your word just isn't reliable enough.

Hio's trans isn't stock..

It's not rated as as much power is it? foes it rev as high in oe form?? I think not

Fact is comparing a full sausage motor like that to a engine that ended up in a sedan is kinda crazy.

Who has a gutted 4gen?

You mean the LS6 that came in the baddest corvette of its era? The one that ended up in a sedan... Something, something downplay?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Scooting for sure with bolt ons

We both know there isn't any 11 second stock Br0s. I never deflected like you did from the original question at hand. You're just trying to change the subject to suit your narrative, per usual.

Last I knew CC went 7.2-7.3 in the 1/8th. Glad to know he knocked it down to 7.1 if he did. I haven't seen the 7.1X slip although I have the 7.2-7.3 ones. He ran 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4, right?
I think that was before his cat delete.
Originally Posted by ZNix
So no link... ? I don't believe anything that I don't have a source for. I don't even believe what you are saying the 5.0 did. It sounds ludicrous to me. Just because you are saying it, doesn't make it true. Sorry about that, I guess? Your word just isn't reliable enough.

Hio's trans isn't stock..

You mean the LS6 that came in the baddest corvette of its era? The one that ended up in a sedan... Something, something downplay?
My trans is faceplated and i have a ls6. Both of which causes mounds of butt hurt.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that was before his cat delete.
Originally Posted by oChristiano
Didn't run it in between mods. Stock with a DR we went 7.9 @ 90. E85, tire, convertor and primary cat delete I went 7.20 @ 95 and got booted due to Hoosier Slick faster than 7.25.
Originally Posted by oChristiano
10's will be easy in a bolt on 6G. I'm not even close to FBO and went 11.4 in horrible weather, my 1/8 was 3+tenths off and 3+mph slower than I usually run.
He posted these last month. Has he ran quicker since?
Old 09-12-2016, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

7.20 it is then. Pretty good for no more mods than it has and still being in a experimental state
Old 09-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I did a short bit of research on this Boss and I found a thread that was posted January 2015 over on SVTP: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...oss&highlight=

Edit: It also contains a YouTube video of the run at the bottom of the OP.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

So the boss is a full sausage motor? Lol
Old 09-12-2016, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Late to the party...

I know they are lighter than a 6th gen, but not by much. 6th gen has a very small HP lead. I'll try and find one and see what an auto will do. My guess is BOSS by a car, maybe two with an great driver.

wrong again...every cai but the new roto fab will actually hurt performance.
Most of that problem is coming from the autos. There are some weird things going on with the MAF on the dyno in A8s. There are a few parties doing some testing on it right now though.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AWPer
I did a short bit of research on this Boss and I found a thread that was posted January 2015 over on SVTP: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...oss&highlight=

Edit: It also contains a YouTube video of the run at the bottom of the OP.
Thanks....on ftw and slicks i think i could be all over that thing.

Somehow i don't think he's telling the whole starry tho.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Doug my car did break 121 bolt ons. 121.xx.....oh yeah at +3200 DA and a raceweight of 3760lbs. The car was stock suspension and under geared. I'm sorry that bothers you guys. There has already been people on here message me about the Boss....so in my eyes the people that care about it already know about it. You just wanna talk about here because 99.9% of this site is as delusional as you and cannot give another car credit. We already know your gonna tear this Boss down so get in kik where we can talk about it.....forums take forever.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks....on ftw and slicks i think i could be all over that thing.

Somehow i don't think he's telling the whole starry tho.

Of course you think he is lying....is that because you lie? I know the changes he has made and I am not sure where your gonna pick up close to a second and 8-10mph to beat him.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen