Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016 | 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks like London KY is 2.5hrs North of my brother in laws place. This could be doable. I will probably be H/C by then and possibly have the blower on by then as well. It would be a true test of the car. 15hrs round trip plus the racing. I like it.
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pray
It looks like London KY is 2.5hrs North of my brother in laws place. This could be doable. I will probably be H/C by then and possibly have the blower on by then as well. It would be a true test of the car. 15hrs round trip plus the racing. I like it.
8s or bust
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
8s or bust
​​​​​​​LOL, I wish. It is just a tiny LT4 blower. I have very low expectations. I may port it but I am not sure yet. The goal for the car is 9.99 on the stock converter with cross country drivability. I really want to keep the AFM but I would have to stay with a Comp cam to do that. I am leaning towards TSP. 10.50 H/C and 9's on boost or bust.
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the goals! I daily my Poopstang rain, sleet, snow, or shine, so I can respect somebody else who wants to ball with a daily driver.
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

I may have to make the trip now and see this!
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Please guys do not use Comp cams
Old 12-28-2016 | 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Daddy Mio has spoken!
Old 12-28-2016 | 05:00 PM
On The Tree
10 Year Member

SRD & cam motion ftw
Old 12-28-2016 | 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I like the goals! I daily my Poopstang rain, sleet, snow, or shine, so I can respect somebody else who wants to ball with a daily driver.
Yeah man, about 300 miles a week. So no compromises on this one. I really don't want to do a cam but I have to fuel this pig some how. I need that larger lobe. I will also have to do a ZL1 pump mimimum.

​​​​​​​I hate using an ET number as a goal since I have always been a MPH guy. That is what wins highway roll races and street tire races. So 99% of real life encounters. The drag strip really isnt my thing to compare cars by. But it lets us know the speed capability of a certain platform and combination in ideal conditions. I am not going to roll around on my drag pack. So my track numbers are complete BS when it comes to real life encounters. I honestly don't consider a car fast till it can trap over 140. That is where my confidence level in winning goes up. This car will probably never see that kind of mph.
Old 12-28-2016 | 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

​​​​​​​I switched to TSP for my custom cams a while back. They just don't do any AFM cams.
Old 12-28-2016 | 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

​​​​​​​I switched to TSP for my custom cams a while back. They just don't do any AFM cams.
I think they actually grind their own cams now

Originally Posted by Nick.H
SRD & cam motion ftw
Kip at Cam Motion is awesome.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
All you're foin is talking a in circles and creating bullshit. It was fun to watch you backpedal on pray tho.

My car is very much bolt ons. If you consider a outside source of power like ftw is then it's much closer to bolt ons than ANY car you have mentioned.

Besides i went faster than your bolt on stuff with out the rockers.

Post up proof of someone using them with out a pile of other custom **** you dumb ****. How come you didn't put .600 cams in your own turd of a coyote?

Eat that **** dumbfuck

Again....post up actual **** here. There are cams for ls stuff well over .800. People don't use them in street cars but it's out there.

I may not be a hero but you are muh bitch.

Show me.

The problem with your ****** theory is i cam put a head on that 6.2 to thrash the coyote. So all you can do is post a ******* if.

I'm sure you seen the ls3 vs coyote results

No lies bitch. As i said. No pass .4 faster than any of the others. If there were then there would be a 10.3 stuck in there.

And for the last 2.....more proving your ******* lies and bullshit.

https://youtu.be/_VzZ88XRLYE

If anyone needs to leave assin it's you. You've been on a ******* eternal build with your coyote. You haven't made a pass ever in it and still haven't crossed 450whp with all the **** you talk.
Everything I am saying is 100% true. Your car is not bolt ons. And no you didn't you went 11.39 internal modded max effort. We have covered this many times. Backpedal on Pray? You can't be serious..... Actually your Doug,. You probably are. Lol pray said above 10.50s Head's and Cam is his goal. I'm hoping to go faster LBO small off the shelf cams only.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

​​​​​​​LOL, I wish. It is just a tiny LT4 blower. I have very low expectations. I may port it but I am not sure yet. The goal for the car is 9.99 on the stock converter with cross country drivability. I really want to keep the AFM but I would have to stay with a Comp cam to do that. I am leaning towards TSP. 10.50 H/C and 9's on boost or bust.
This is pretty much my build in the nutshell on my 17 ss Pray. Stock lt4 blower, ported lt4 heads, ported snout and throttle body, comp boost cam, trunion upgrade, 2 inch headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust. I went with upper and lower pulleys as well on mine and fully forged the bottom end. My goals are 9's (once I master the track) as I'm a roll racer, and also drive my cars cross country.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they actually grind their own cams now

Kip at Cam Motion is awesome.
​​​​​​​That is what I meant. I use their cores and lobes for my custom grinds.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
This is pretty much my build in the nutshell on my 17 ss Pray. Stock lt4 blower, ported lt4 heads, ported snout and throttle body, comp boost cam, trunion upgrade, 2 inch headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust. I went with upper and lower pulleys as well on mine and fully forged the bottom end. My goals are 9's (once I master the track) as I'm a roll racer, and also drive my cars cross country.
​​​​​​​Let me know how it turns out.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Everything I am saying is 100% true. Your car is not bolt ons. And no you didn't you went 11.39 internal modded max effort. We have covered this many times. Backpedal on Pray? You can't be serious..... Actually your Doug,. You probably are. Lol pray said above 10.50s Head's and Cam is his goal. I'm hoping to go faster LBO small off the shelf cams only.
​​​​​​​I am staying baby cam for the stock converter. Not going to max out the heads either. I think 10.50's is a realistic goal.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corysmach1
With a stock converter. Stock transmission. Guessing a mild build if hes using a stock converter. Not apples to apples at all.

Launch your car off idle and see how it keeps up the that mild h/c build.

Why do you keep saying lbo with cams? you are officially not lbo in any way of you have cams. And last I knew you had an intake manifold and im guessing headers.

Car as a whole...yeah I suppose lots of things could still be done. But cmon man...you have cams and don't even have the stock transmission. And you say lbo with cams?

You are near FBO (motor wise) plus cam plus e85 plus aftermarket tranny. Clutch as well im sure.

Not taking away from your car at all...but why the bullshit?

List out all the mods done to your car and I guess we can decide if its LBO. Prove your point. But that's never going to happen.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
With a stock converter. Stock transmission. Guessing a mild build if hes using a stock converter. Not apples to apples at all.

Launch your car off idle and see how it keeps up the that mild h/c build.

Why do you keep saying lbo with cams? you are officially not lbo in any way of you have cams. And last I knew you had an intake manifold and im guessing headers.

Car as a whole...yeah I suppose lots of things could still be done. But cmon man...you have cams and don't even have the stock transmission. And you say lbo with cams?

You are near FBO (motor wise) plus cam plus e85 plus aftermarket tranny. Clutch as well im sure.

Not taking away from your car at all...but why the bullshit?

List out all the mods done to your car and I guess we can decide if its LBO. Prove your point. But that's never going to happen.
Is this real life? I'm being a full time trolling on here and you guys but it. Your calling me out but agree with Dougs dumbass his car his just bolt ons? Hahaha C'mon man. Join are group and I'll tell you every single detail about my car. Send Islander a PM we will get you in. BTW my transmission slowed me down 10 grand later.
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Bros will be bros

Why do you guys want to use the stock tiny LT4 blower???
Old 12-28-2016 | 07:49 PM
Teching In

Bros will be bros

Why do you guys want to use the stock tiny LT4 blower???
We are all Bros at the end of the day.

Quick Reply: LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123