Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang vs Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
IIRC it was before he went turbo
He didn't specify what setup he was using.

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
He was talking about is cam only set up, simple jack. See what I mean, you haven't got a clue. If my gears are holding me back so damn much, then how did I run with Cwarta from a roll? He is lighter, significantly bigger cam and much bigger stall, AND he was shifting much higher. Again, you don't have the slightest clue. Getting my tune adjusted helped out a lot more than a silly gear change. Guaranteed. There are plenty of other mods I can do to give me more gains than gears also. Ignorance is bliss, kiddo.
You ******* retard. Everyone knows a looser converter doesn't work as well from a roll. That's one of the reasons he walked all over your dumbass from the dig along with proper gearing.

Getting a proper tune helps everything and nowhere did I say it didn't. You're so desperate to justify yourself that it's pathetic. Stick to your 2.73's so we can continue watching your H/C/I setup be an embarrassment to the LSX nation.

p.s. Let me know how that beast runs at the track. Or continue to be scared of the real world results like you always have.

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
I didn't read all of that because I stopped once you said compare my turbo build. I have yet to run it at the track with my turbo setup, and if I did and it only ran 11's, I'd burn it. All of my track times that I have slips and video for are na. Cam, exhaust, and stall.. everything else was stock.

I'll read the rest of you post to see if it holds any relevance to this conversation now that you know I was na. Because as I stated earlier, you would run a different converter with a different str for a turbo or nitrous build.

Edit: I talked to yank about my converter and gear change, they told me it will work perfect the way it is. They said there isn't any reason to change it and it's in my tune. I figured I'd listen to them since it is their converter. I do my homework on everything I do to this car and I do all of my own work. It's had 4 builds in less than 2 years now, so I'm not just rambling nonsense I know nothing about. I'm not here to argue, I only was straightening out the facts on a gear change on a sub 500rwhp car, that's all.

Also, you must have magic secrets if you're the only guy continually gaining et and trap from a gear swap with a 3600+ stall. I'd like you to pm me some secrets because I could use them. You usually gain in the 1/8 and lose mph. It it so minimal at our na power levels that it isn't even worth a mod.
You didn't specify which setup you was using.

Now, I'm having a very hard time believing that a company told you a restall wasn't necessary to get the most out of your change in your setup. Running a stall meant for a 3.42 setup and going to a 2.73 will loosen the stall up. Running a stall meant for 2.73 gears and going to a 3.42 will tighten it up. Hence the need for a restall every time.

When a car does not gain from a gear change it's either the gear you selected was incorrect for the rpm you'd cross the 1/4 mile mark at, you was having problems or you simply did not run your car under the same track conditions as you stipulated.

Did you ever Dyno your car at any point or was tuning done on the street? If on the Dyno, did you base you gear selection to be the best for the rpm range and mph & rpm range you'd be crossing the 1/4 mile in?

I will say once again in my closing statement that I've never had a car not gain across the entire timeslip from a gear change. Auto, manual, N/A, sprayed, turbo, above 500 hp & tq or below.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Joe makes a lot of fantastic points here.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZNix
Thanks.

Experience speaks and I'm always continuing to learn.

Next will be that transmission gearing has no effect on anything. Spec'ing gearsets is just so silly.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototype007
Not this specific time, I didn't. I have talked about it many times in the past and just assumed since I mentioned being stalled for boost or nitrous that it would be taken as for his setup.

Now, I'm having a very hard time believing that a company told you a restall wasn't necessary to get the most out of your change in your setup. Running a stall meant for a 3.42 setup and going to a 2.73 will loosen the stall up. Running a stall meant for 2.73 gears and going to a 3.42 will tighten it up. Hence the need for a restall every time.
Like I said, I research all of my setups and actually call the manufacturers or sponsors here to make sure it's right. You can call yank and they will tell you what I have replied with here. I don't think it ran too bad for the basic cookie cutter mods and being 100℅ full weight, so the stall worked the way it should have.

My stall isn't as efficient to begin with since it's str is a 2.5, but I can tell you that I honestly didn't notice that big of a difference being "loose" with the 2.73's. the car took off on its own from stoplights without giving it gas with both gears. I could tell a difference, but not enough that I woupd consider it to be loose.
When a car does not gain from a gear change it's either the gear you selected was incorrect for the rpm you'd cross the 1/4 mile mark at, you was having problems or you simply did not run your car under the same track conditions as you stipulated.
I stated that my runs were all within about the same da. To be more specific, it was less than 100da.
Did you ever Dyno your car at any point or was tuning done on the street? If on the Dyno, did you base you gear selection to be the best for the rpm range and mph & rpm range you'd be crossing the 1/4 mile in?
It made right at 390rwhp and was dyno and street tuned by Dave Steck. He is a very capable tuner and can find his car and many other on YouTube, just search DSX tuning or CBI streetcars. And no, I did not sit down and figure out the exact gear I needed to go across the traps when I am out of gear. The car shifted at 6500rpms and fell to 5100rpms on shift. I'd wager just about anything that picking the gear to run out at the traps would be about zero. Stalled cars are not like m6 cars, they are more forgiving with the slippage and you already know that.

I will say once again in my closing statement that I've never had a car not gain across the entire timeslip from a gear change. Auto, manual, N/A, sprayed, turbo, above 500 hp & tq or below.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
I'm not here to argue if his points are fantastic, I am here disputing that he is incorrect about ther gear change and not having to swap my converter.

To be honest, I'll just let anyone else here that thinks me and alot of the others on this site that has documented their gear changes think that we are stupid and don't know what were talking about. Then when someone changes them out and doesn't see any changes in et or trap, or gain .1 tenth, then just remember this thread. Some people just cannot grasp the fact that things don't work like they should. I know because I was one and wasted the time and money swapping it.

I'm not going to bother anymore. But call yank and ask them about their ss converter and the gear change and swap those gears out so your pants can feel all that extra torque and power. Bring a spare pair because you'll likely rip them right through to your *** cheeks.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You will go faster with better gears. The less gear your motor has to pull, the faster it will be. It don't matter if your motor stays directly on peak power with a stall. It will have the mechanical advantage with better gears to get the car accelerating faster.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Not talking boosted setup here, we're talking sub 500rwhp na builds. I've said all I have to say about it though. I'm only trying to help save someone from wasting time thinking it will get them good gains so they can spend $$$ elsewhere. That's what everyone tried to tell me, but I didn't listen either. The info is all iver this site, just read for yourselves and good luck

This site is supposedly to help people out, but it seems that if you're not part of the certain crowd, then even if you have evidence it's not worth listening.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Next up is how camshaft grinds and gearing has no correlation.

Stay tuned folks!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

Laugh if you will and I hope everyone takes your advice. I won't have to say a word, because their track times will say it for me and the others that's tried telling it to say it

This place has been pretty entertaining lately, I've had some good laughs at work

I see why so many take a break from this place as I have, because it's the same old arguments from each side about each gen of cars. And no one listens to anyone's tech advice, no matter who they are, or how proven their results are in srk. Good stuff!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
Laugh if you will and I hope everyone takes your advice. I won't have to say a word, because their track times will say it for me and the others that's tried telling it to say it

This place has been pretty entertaining lately, I've had some good laughs at work

I see why so many take a break from this place as I have, because it's the same old arguments from each side about each gen of cars. And no one listens to anyone's tech advice, no matter who they are, or how proven their results are in srk. Good stuff!
Haven't you left this thread twice already?

It's ok. As I make progress with yet another car and setup, I'll personally let you know how it once again improves with a gear and matching stall. When you put a gear in, restall and go faster, just remember you've already been forgiven by me. I won't hold a grudge.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Haven't you left this thread twice already?

It's ok. As I make progress with yet another car and setup, I'll personally let you know how it once again improves with a gear and matching stall. When you put a gear in, restall and go faster, just remember you've already been forgiven by me. I won't hold a grudge.
I never once said I was leaving this thread if you would read back. I said I was done talking about my side as to why the gear change is virtually zero. And it would literally be impossible for me to care if i am forgiven or anything from you. And I am sure not worried about any of your slow cars either, so keep on keeping on
Old 12-15-2016, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My LT1 picked up .2 and 2 mph from 3.23 to 3.73s lol
Old 12-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Gears = PMS- Poor man supercharger.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up 6.1x seconds with my gear change alone. How u say. Well with broken 3.55 gears I went no time with new 3.27 gears I went 6.1x top that ****
Old 12-15-2016, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Marc has called ME out repeatedly. Nice try, junior. And embarrassed? I lost by 2 lengths on a dig and was reeling him in up top. Then the roll was close. How is that getting embarrassed? He was even surprised at my car. Leave it to derps like you with 15 second turds to talk out their asses. it's obvious that stalls are one of a great number of things that your ignorant *** can't comprehend.
Why should he come to you without cash on the line, when you've already proved that you have no ***** unless there is guaranteed money in it?

Considering you've talked **** about how you've beaten all of these bad *** rides, yet got a bus length put on you by an 11.9@114 IROC, I'd call that getting embarrassed.

I don't have to talk out my ***, we have videos that prove your fail.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:18 PM
Banned

He didn't specify what setup he was using.

You ******* retard. Everyone knows a looser converter doesn't work as well from a roll. That's one of the reasons he walked all over your dumbass from the dig along with proper gearing.

Getting a proper tune helps everything and nowhere did I say it didn't. You're so desperate to justify yourself that it's pathetic. Stick to your 2.73's so we can continue watching your H/C/I setup be an embarrassment to the LSX nation.

p.s. Let me know how that beast runs at the track. Or continue to be scared of the real world results like you always have.

Are you special? My car was shifting at 6300 rpm. What can't you comprehend about that? It shifts at 7k now. And has more timing. I could have stalled it up more on the dig also. I also left it in Drive for the roll. my car runs a lot harder than most of you derps think. And how come a 550+ rwhp Cobro did worse from a roll against cwarta? A ******* ram air kit would do me way better than a gear swap. Among many other mods. A few of these other tards are only agreeing with you because I get under their skin too. Please continue to amuse us all, simple jack.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JC316
Why should he come to you without cash on the line, when you've already proved that you have no ***** unless there is guaranteed money in it?

Considering you've talked **** about how you've beaten all of these bad *** rides, yet got a bus length put on you by an 11.9@114 IROC, I'd call that getting embarrassed.

I don't have to talk out my ***, we have videos that prove your fail.
He ran 11.8 @ 117 into a 40 mph head wind and a 2.1 sixty foot because of oil all over the track. His car is capable of high 10s in normal conditions. Keep the ignorance coming, little girl.

And why don't you show us some footage of your turd?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

He ran 11.8 @ 117 into a 40 mph head wind and a 2.1 sixty foot because of oil all over the track. His car is capable of high 10s in normal conditions. Keep the ignorance coming, little girl.

And why don't you show us some footage of your turd?
It went 11.9@114 into a 35mph headwind with no changes. After he changed the tune, that is when he did the 11.87@117. Without a headwind, he would have been running in the 11.5@119 range, which puts you in as a 12 second catfish.

As for me, I don't need footage of my turd, I'm not the one talking **** about the potential to run 10's, while getting my *** kicked by a 13 second 2V and an 11 second IROC.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Wow guys look! It's a list full of sub 500 whp cars that uses high stall converters, but don't run 2.73 gears.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html

All those silly boys should know they'd be faster if they ditched those steep gears and got them some good ole gas saver gears!

More tears from Deeohgie and Jake in 3, 2, 1, go!
Old 12-16-2016, 02:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow guys look! It's a list full of sub 500 whp cars that uses high stall converters, but don't run 2.73 gears.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html

All those silly boys should know they'd be faster if they ditched those steep gears and got them some good ole gas saver gears!

More tears from Deeohgie and Jake in 3, 2, 1, go!
I actually made this same argument months ago and I was shown some pretty convincing evidence that gears did very little when combined with a stall. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the thread that jake is giving me **** about right now, where I showed my lack of stall converter knowledge.

Quick Reply: Mustang vs Camaro