Jake is definitely slow.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zyborg where you live at in Florida?
Old 02-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Teching In

I have family in the Ft. Lauderdale area. I live in TX at the moment.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Hopefully he at least tunes it so he doesn't run the Nick crew ETs
Tr00f. Those are the saddest et's
Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Kph maybe
Wrong, that would be you, pumpkin ****.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys want me to post my slips and dyno graphs that correspond? It is hard to tell what is a real question and what is just goofing in here. On pump gas modded as I am the most I have made is 458/477rw IIRC. What I put down before going to the track was 445/460rw. Seems to be what it was running at or there abouts last time out. The most on E is 498/515rw but don't have a graph for that so I can't prove it. I have a graph for 492/509rw. I have no issue posting up what I ran the other day. It is up to Poppa to post our run together. My highest trap of 124.6 is almost exactly 492rw in a 3,840lb car.

Like the catch can and engine cover thing. Not sure if that one is directed at me or not.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Dont listen to Zyborg, he's not sure yet whether he's a ford guy or a GM guy so we're being gentle with him
Old 02-28-2017, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
Do you guys want me to post my slips and dyno graphs that correspond? It is hard to tell what is a real question and what is just goofing in here. On pump gas modded as I am the most I have made is 458/477rw IIRC. What I put down before going to the track was 445/460rw. Seems to be what it was running at or there abouts last time out. The most on E is 498/515rw but don't have a graph for that so I can't prove it. I have a graph for 492/509rw. I have no issue posting up what I ran the other day. It is up to Poppa to post our run together. My highest trap of 124.6 is almost exactly 492rw in a 3,840lb car.

Like the catch can and engine cover thing. Not sure if that one is directed at me or not.
I for one don't give a damn about how many mods it takes to run a certain number, what fuel you run, or N/A or FI. I do know that if you do this to impress some random keyboard racer on a forum, you'll never win.

If bolt on 10's is your goal, I hope you get it.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pray, I can assure you a lot of the sarcasm on this forum is not directed at you. You're an honest guy and real racer.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Half the guys in here don't know how to give a direct response lol Pray everyone in here respects you. The catch can thing is making fun of Poppas detractors. The engine cover thing is making fun of the people who have a problem with Hios friend who is also a member on here. They have their own little rivalry.

My only question is I know you were starting the tune over from scratch and basically switching e85 for LTs, but what the hell was changed in the tune to make you lose 53rwhp/55rwtq? I'm going off the highest numbers you put down on e85 and the ones right before you went to the track last time out.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing is directed at you mang. Its trolling between the usual suspects who argue on here.. me included.

Here you go Zyborgy:

Here is mine and Pray's run.. I am in right lane.

And here is my best run of the day:

Old 03-01-2017, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Thing back halves like a beast bro! Top end screamer for sure

Definitely a beast in a roll race. Still lacking a bit from a dig to a comparable lt1 imo. Extra cubes and torque hard to beat down low.

Think I might surpass you pretty soon we will see. Nice times very solid.

Pray hooked me up sending me a new TB before the claim is settled so I can get my car going. Really cool guy I talked to him on the phone. Down to earth strait up guy for sure and he does great work.

I think you need to pull some weight (all seats) and really get the tune dialed in to have a shot at tens. Remove the axleback. Even then I'm just not sure you got the mph. Maybe add a DS as well if you haven't already ? Good luck

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 03-01-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
Half the guys in here don't know how to give a direct response lol Pray everyone in here respects you. The catch can thing is making fun of Poppas detractors. The engine cover thing is making fun of the people who have a problem with Hios friend who is also a member on here. They have their own little rivalry.

My only question is I know you were starting the tune over from scratch and basically switching e85 for LTs, but what the hell was changed in the tune to make you lose 53rwhp/55rwtq? I'm going off the highest numbers you put down on e85 and the ones right before you went to the track last time out.
Hmm, where to start. Every time I put this car on the dyno the first pull is almost always 5rw more than subsequent passes. Usually run three is down a total of 8rw but levels out and that is where I do my tuning. I have no idea why that happens. It is definitely the car. I use three different dyno's pretty consistently and it happens on all of them. I don't do cool downs either. I drive up, strap down and roll. I monitor all parameters critically to ensure all my runs are as consistent as possible and that only tune changes show out. The other issue is that the dyno I use the most basically sits out side. That is why when I test a product I do it back to back and on that day.

On the day I layed down the 492/509rw on E it was -1,100 or so. I don't care how awesome your SAE correction factor is, if the air isn't there you can't lean on the car. Plain and simple. When I lay out the correction factor to SAE from Uncorrected on this dyno the numbers are correct. I just can't make Uncorrected numbers if the weather isn't there to lean on the car with. So even if the correction factor is the same it doesn't mean the weather was nor was the tune up. On E in that weather I have timing up into the 27* area and I am seeing dyn/cyl numbers up to 1.01 or better. The last time to the dyno before the track passes I think it was +500 DA or so and I was only seeing .95 dyn/cyl. However, if I compare my two pump gas runs there was a slight weather difference and that showed in the correction factor. My best pump gas runs with headers the correction factor was 1, last time out the correction factor was 1.01. I was only able to get 24* of timing into the car last time out. This is minute but the devil is in the details. IIRC I was at about 12% E with my highest pump gas runs. I was at 9.8% or so with the last pump gas runs. Is a couple % of E worth a couple hp, I doubt it. But I looked back at the logs and the car was taking another degree of timing. I can't regulate what comes out of the pump.

At the track the other day the best dyn/cyl I saw when we first got there was .94. By the time I left it was .91. But with the tuning I was doing I still ran the same times as I did when I got there. I need to hit up a night session where the DA gets better as I get the tune dialed in. With all my day running it just gets worse. So as I dial the tune in I just compensate for the weather with no "gains". I was also having to keep the fuel rich and the timing down in the 23* range to avoid KR.

Last time to the track on E I started the day on NGK LTR7's. I was able to lean the car out a bit and run a ton of timing but wasn't going any faster. So I swapped back to the stock plugs and picked up a tenth or two and a mph or two. So I figured the NGK LTR6's were the correct plug. It seems they are too hot. That is what I was running the other day. I didn't bring my stock plugs last time to swap to see if there were any gains to have. The rest of the tune up has to do with tq tables, trans setting, cam phasing, and a bunch of other stuff I was messing with.

I also beat the **** out of this car. Well over 100 dyno passes, probably as many drag passes. Hundreds of street runs. I am honestly concerned that I may have hurt something. I constantly push the envelop with this car and I am honestly impressed with all the abuse it has taken. I will have to log each cylinder individually to see which on is giving me KR. I have also drained my rear end twice now and each time it looks like my posi's clutch packs have decided to disintegrate and attach themselves to my magnets. I haven't drained it since my last time out. I feel the loss in power is legit and there could be issues with my trans and rear but I won't blame any of the runs on that until I have solid data. When I have time I am going to tear back into the car and see what's what.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Talking

Nothing here is directed at you. Just the usual Ford vs Chevy banter. There are several people here that try and talk **** about the 6g car you have. I say "try" because as much as they try to discredit the 6g, it only takes one look at their argument to realize why they are sour grapes and their moaning and crying bears no weight.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Nothing is directed at you mang. Its trolling between the usual suspects who argue on here.. me included.

Here you go Zyborgy:

Here is mine and Pray's run.. I am in right lane.

And here is my best run of the day:

Good stuff!

Good trap for only "dien do nutffin" E, cat delete pipes, catch can and engine cover removal!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:34 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

When you say "dyn/cyl" are you talking about lambda? Don't think I've ever heard the term.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope the trans and rear works out, Pray. Glad I have people like you to push the 6G to help me determine how they hold up over time in a consideration to acquire one.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Hey Marcky Marc, you never answered my question.... lol
Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Lol.....like you're gonna get a straight answer from marc.

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
The catch can thing came from when we showed up to run poppa there were actually several mods that he didn't disclose. Once he got to cryin i called him on that ****. Then he got to whining about "all the stuff gone under the hood. He could see the ground" the only thing gone on the 5gen was the engine cover. Then the cobro crew just cant admot to poppa getting beat ever....even with solid beginning and end screenshots. You can figure out where the actual problem is there.

Pray doin a good job fo sho. He diving into the some pretty good stuff. These latemodel cars have way more **** goin on than the old 4gens.

So poppa.....you admit you got beat by a less modded 6gen? Or do i need to screenshot that to?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hio, whinning per usual.

Quick Reply: Sexgen vs S550 local action