Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT350 vs E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

That award goes to you mr flaming liberal.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWPer
I think the Ford fanboys on this site might have had a Chevy at some point in their life and thus made an account here for information.
True Dat.

I would be in a newer corvette, or even a 6 gen right now except for the fact that when GM took the bailout in '08 they also threw all the retirees into the street. Lost their pensions, healthcare, etc, and put union goons on the board at GM. Then a year or so later the exec's take huge bonus checks and retire. My dad was a 30 year man at GM and lost it all. He has since passed, but my mother has to depend on SS and Medicare.
As much as I like the new Camaros I will not likely ever buy another GM product, simply because I think the people at the top are unethical, and just don't give a **** about there employees. I won't even get into the fact that they kept putting defective ignition switches in production vehicles for years after it was proven people were dying as a result.
Just my $.02
Old 10-28-2017, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

You think the furd company is any different?

As far as the bailout goes the only difference between furd and gm/Chrysler was furd secured their loans before the financial collapse where credit dried up.

This of it like this. You go to your parents to borrow some $. But your sister was there the week before and borrowed all the $ they had to lend. So you still need a loan. You go to another institution for a loan. In this case the only institution left was the gov because the banks were getting bailed out.

As far as the pensions go i agree they should be made to stand behind that. But if you think furd woulda did it any different you're just kidding yourself. None of those big companies give much of a rats *** about most of us.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Ignition switch < exploding pinto
Old 10-28-2017, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you're really sticking it to the guys at the top by not buying a single GM product. I'm sure they really miss that extra $30-$50k in their pocket..
Old 10-28-2017, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Ignition switch < exploding pinto
Especially when the switch was over loaded with to much **** on a key chain.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it just impacted my family more than most on this forum. I don't care how much my decision impact's GM's bottom line. I just don't want their product in my driveway anymore. My entire life all I ever owned was GM. After watching what happened to my folks in their retirement years when they really couldn't do anything about it due to their age, and then the people at the top of the food chain at The General taking bonuses and retirement packages 'because it was in their contract' did it for me.
They did of coarse pay the loan back, to the tune of $.40 on the dollar. So not only did they screw the retirees and the shareholders, but Joe Taxpayer as well. Maybe if they one day offer a taxpayer thank you rebate I will fall back into the fold. But for now, No Thanks.
I am not gonna hijack this thread, so this is my last post on this subject in this thread.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Hey man i can agree with you. But if anything i blame the government for allowing it to happen like it did. As far as I'm concerned they should've let all the "bail out " companies go out. But in the end what happened was not gm's fault ....it was the governments and banks. The government should've protected the people from something like that. Not handed out money.

All these ceo's and they're huge bonuses are out of control. Hell furd paid someone to leave. How the **** does that even work. I mean **** should i just come over to your house and wait for you to write me a check to go home?

Quick Reply: GT350 vs E55 AMG