Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 t/a beat by a saturn ion

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it's true Satrun IONS and Dodge Neons can trounce an LS1 powered F-Body.

So, if there are any in my area wanting to race for money get ahold of me. I'm willing to give you all of my cash
Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Sporting? Come race MY "almighty v8" with EVERYTHING you could POSSIBLY fit onto that tiny little engine of yours .... every bolt-on/turbo/whatever .... then you can tell me what your car has or does NOT have the ability to do.

I honestly think the SRT-4 is a pretty cool car, and a good concept ... family type sedan that can rip it up pretty well ... HOWEVER, they are absolutely NO match for any sort of sports car, regardless of what you think. A high 11 second car is NOT a fast car .... fast for a neon, yes, fast "sports" car, no. And the drivers of those things who for some reason have it stuck in their head that they are driving 9 second beasts, makes me Seek out and Rip apart every single one I have found so far (even though I rarely street race).

I have found that all SRT-4 drivers have a pattern they go through after they lose ...
1) Denial ... "omg, I can't believe that just happened"
2) Excuses ... "**** man, my flux capacitor isn't working, I missed a shift, and my right rear tail-light is out"
3) Explination... "I honestly don't know what happened, I walk those things all the time"
4) Questions ... "so what the hell do you have in that thing?"
5) Oblivious Praise .... "well that's a nice camaro you have."
6) More excuses ... "well if my front passenger side tire wasn't low on air, I would've definately made up the 5 buslength lead you had and won...."
7) Finger .... generally comes after a bunch of ****-talking by me, but ends up happening 80% of the time.

Well, I guess that's what happens when you have some odd idea placed in your head that a little 4 cyl can "take down the almighty 8 cyl."

Btw, my car is N/A ... no turbo needed ... just raw power ... Thanks for participating in our little conversation and enjoy your trip to the supermarket.

let the truth be told
Old 07-05-2004, 12:45 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-05-2004, 12:48 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Old 07-05-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moltenice

Im not sure if i would have posted that....... or done that to begin with...

Now every ion i pass with chicks in it slows to see what im drivin.... but they quickly go on their way cause they know ions can only take LS1's not SRT-4's

Dude, you drive a neon
Old 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by enisguy
DSMs are totally different from SRT-4s, DSMs can but up the awesome numbers and are into the 8s. SRT-4 owners tend to think of their cars as the next DSMs, which they absolutely are not. They talk **** by the ton, not even realizing that the fastest SRT-4 in the world is only running a low 12- which is pathetic in my book since that's bolt-ons away to an LS1.
It's bolt ons on a 2g AWD DSM... I know I guy who just bolted on a used turbo from a 1g dsm (bigger), 3" mild steel home brew exhaust, manual boost controller, K&N, junk yard injector upgrades (rx7 low impedance), ans a hacked MAF and ran high 11's... on the stock sidemount intercooler!!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
It's bolt ons on a 2g AWD DSM... I know I guy who just bolted on a used turbo from a 1g dsm (bigger), 3" mild steel home brew exhaust, manual boost controller, K&N, junk yard injector upgrades (rx7 low impedance), ans a hacked MAF and ran high 11's... on the stock sidemount intercooler!!!!
Uh, nobody asked. I was talking about SRT-4s.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Alright...... I wasnt tryin to freak you guys out by sayin that a car with half the cylinders, twice the doors, 10 times as much cargo space, and a more drag then a SUV, could... give or take certain conditions... beat a Z28.....
An for you LT1 guys... I have never lost to one......

What makes your Z28's anymore "sports" car then the SRT-4? Nothing. There is gonna be a street SRT-4 in the 10's on stock internals within the year.
An to reach low 11's in this car isnt that bad. It's actually great. I guarantee that car could drive around and hand tons of cars their asses.. including most any Z28 or SS that they'd meet on the street.
AS for getting in to the 11's..... His mods were actually pretty minimal.
11.9 exhaust, 17psi, k&n filter agp fmic, nx 75shot

Another guy "dave" got 11.416@126.233 mph with a new turbo.
I'm gonna race my Next door neighbors Newer LS1 with from what he says "A full intake and exhaust kit" and i'll tape it and put it on here..... I just need to find the camera......
Old 07-05-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congratulations on naming two SRT-4s in the 10s and 11s. Do you have any idea how many f-bodies can claim that?

And as for "nothing" making our cars more sporty than a Neon... are you on crack? The WS6 looks like it wants to eat everything in its path. The Neon just wants to make friends.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

make friends.. lol...

true the WS6 looks mean.. but i've seen plenty of mean looking ricey civics.... so that doesnt make a bit of difference...
How about the fact that the SRT-4 is a limited production vehicle.. or that it's actually designed by SRT/PVO... SRT 10 - SRT 10 - SRT8(soon) - SRT6 - and SRT4... Thats the Sports car line up for Chrysler....
But GM on the other hand, ....... The corvette, Saturn ION Redline...... umm yeah....LoL... wel atleast we know the ion is fast
Old 07-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Velocity
Congratulations on naming two SRT-4s in the 10s and 11s. Do you have any idea how many f-bodies can claim that?

And as for "nothing" making our cars more sporty than a Neon... are you on crack? The WS6 looks like it wants to eat everything in its path. The Neon just wants to make friends.
They are all capable of it..... I just only named 2...
You see the mods that the first one had..... thats like 2 grand in mods or something like that.... thats not that hard to replicate.....
Old 07-05-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

There is gonna be a street SRT-4 in the 10's on stock internals within the year.
That's a bullshit rice statement. Nobody cares what the SRT-4 "could do within a year".

The current fastest LS1 is a 388 cube 17psi blown LS1/C5-R convertible weighing in at 3900 lbs running mid-8s. Any idea what a 436 cube 20+psi C5-R weighing around 3000 lbs could do? I guess we'll find out 'within a year'...

An to reach low 11's in this car isnt that bad. It's actually great. I guarantee that car could drive around and hand tons of cars their asses.. including most any Z28 or SS that they'd meet on the street.
Bullshit, there are tons of LS1s on the road that run 10s. All an LS1 needs to get into 11s is nitrous. That's $500. And the car will still get 20 mpg and be totally docile on the road.

What is it with all of these SRT-4 drivers thinking their cars can even touch the DSM or LS1? 11s don't even come close to the marks set by them.

true the WS6 looks mean.. but i've seen plenty of mean looking ricey civics....
This is definitely the typical retarded *** **** that would come out somebody who would have the ***** (or lack there-of) to modify a Neon. The words "mean" and "civic" don't belong in the same sentence. Hell, my 45 year old mother laughs every time she sees a riced out Civic. And she drives a ******* minivan.

It all comes down to superiority. Nobody gives a **** what your car is running, when it comes down to it, the whole point is which platform is faster. In this case, the LS1 is faster than both the DSM and the SRT-4. The DSM and LT1 also totally blow away the SRT-4. SRT-4s will never hit the times that DSMs, LS1/LT1s can because they ARE NOT SUITED TO BE DRAG CARS. You simply cannot drag efficiently with FWD. Just look at all of the FWD Honda drag cars- with their weight and the power they put out they'd be in 8s if they were RWD. But they aren't, so they run 10s.

Show me an SRT-4 platform that runs 8s, and I'll be impressed. Until then, they'll always be slow to me and many other DSM, F-Body, and Mustang drivers.

Last edited by enisguy; 07-05-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enisguy
That's a bullshit rice statement. Nobody cares what the SRT-4 "could do within a year".

The current fastest LS1 is a 388 cube 17psi blown LS1/C5-R convertible weighing in at 3900 lbs running mid-8s. Any idea what a 436 cube 20+psi C5-R weighing around 3000 lbs could do? I guess we'll find out 'within a year'...

Bullshit, there are tons of LS1s on the road that run 10s. All an LS1 needs to get into 11s is nitrous. That's $500. And the car will still get 20 mpg and be totally docile on the road.

What is it with all of these SRT-4 drivers thinking their cars can even touch the DSM or LS1? 11s don't even come close to the marks set by them.

This is definitely the typical retarded *** **** that would come out somebody who would have the ***** (or lack there-of) to modify a Neon. The words "mean" and "civic" don't belong in the same sentence. Hell, my 45 year old mother laughs every time she sees a riced out Civic. And she drives a ******* minivan.

It all comes down to superiority. Nobody gives a **** what your car is running, when it comes down to it, the whole point is which platform is faster. In this case, the LS1 is faster than both the DSM and the SRT-4. The DSM and LT1 also totally blow away the SRT-4. SRT-4s will never hit the times that DSMs, LS1/LT1s can because they ARE NOT SUITED TO BE DRAG CARS. You simply cannot drag efficiently with FWD. Just look at all of the FWD Honda drag cars- with their weight and the power they put out they'd be in 8s if they were RWD. But they aren't, so they run 10s.

Show me an SRT-4 platform that runs 8s, and I'll be impressed. Until then, they'll always be slow to me and many other DSM, F-Body, and Mustang drivers.
Where in the **** did I put that damned...AHHH HAAA...here it is:

Buh-bye now. Go play with your toy car.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
Where in the **** did I put that damned...AHHH HAAA...here it is:

Buh-bye now. Go play with your toy car.

Feels good to take part in some good ole fashion STF ricer ownage again. I haven't been round these parts much lately. Hope yas didn't miss me too much.

PS - figured it was finally time to pimp STF in the sig.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn... I missed this thread. Good ownage guys! No need for me to add in some myself...
Old 07-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

That was a lot of typing for nothing.

Last edited by unit213; 07-05-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright...... I wasnt tryin to freak you guys out by sayin that a car with half the cylinders, twice the doors, 10 times as much cargo space, and a more drag then a SUV, could... give or take certain conditions... beat a Z28.....
An for you LT1 guys... I have never lost to one......

What makes your Z28's anymore "sports" car then the SRT-4? Nothing. There is gonna be a street SRT-4 in the 10's on stock internals within the year.

Another guy "dave" got 11.416@126.233 mph with a new turbo.
I'm gonna race my Next door neighbors Newer LS1 with from what he says "A full intake and exhaust kit" and i'll tape it and put it on here..... I just need to find the camera......

ok you pull up with your neon and i'll pull up with my WS6 and we'll see what the ladies perfer and anybody with any common sense perfers
Old 07-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

i'll win because i can fit more...

I'd probably win because most girls love neons........
Old 07-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Get used to it:

Old 07-05-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd probably win because most girls love neons........
LOL

I nominate this for the king dumbest statement I've ever heard in my ******* life.

More than a Corvette? Wow, you're delusional.