Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 valve vs LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 06:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced a bolt on 3v two summers ago. Put about 7 buses on it in the 1/8 mile.

And JC still doesn't know jack **** about automobiles.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

That test is well known the camaro was on wore out tires. For christ sakes in the vid all they do is roast off the rear tires in it. It was also their long term car.

In the vir results everything was fresh. Manufacturers are there to make sure their **** is in tip top shape.....not on wore out tires and some longtermer that could have got the alignment nocked out where even a little is huge on cars of this caliber.

3vs are turds

But at any rate....the z28 beats the 4seat gt350 in every test . Don't you furd guys whine when the 2seater vette gettes pitted against the 4seat mustangs.......yea you do. Eat it bitch.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Here are a couple of 12 second bolt on 3V's, no cams.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...ormance-parts/

A lovely 12.3@108 without cams.
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=77222

That's a lovely list, but it doesn't give a lot of factors. What days were they tested? What were the conditions during the tests? Were they all the same driver?

Wanna see a test on the same day with the same driver?

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...t350r-mustang/

Oh dear, looks like the z28 got it's *** kicked. Bummer.

Really shouldn't be jumping into this ensuing **** show, but that first article was not impressive at all...halfway through they were still running high 12s/low 13s with a 3k stall, 4.10 gears, no front sway bar, tubular front brace, chromoly drive shaft, and intake? Not gonna bring another shitty motor into this and mention my LT1, but lets just say it ran better then that with less mods and as a daily driver...that still had a front sway bar and tires that you can safely drive in the rain .
Old 01-14-2018, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

A 95 pushrods 5.0 stock for stock is a drivers race with a c5.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That test is well known the camaro was on wore out tires. For christ sakes in the vid all they do is roast off the rear tires in it. It was also their long term car.

In the vir results everything was fresh. Manufacturers are there to make sure their **** is in tip top shape.....not on wore out tires and some longtermer that could have got the alignment nocked out where even a little is huge on cars of this caliber.

3vs are turds

But at any rate....the z28 beats the 4seat gt350 in every test . Don't you furd guys whine when the 2seater vette gettes pitted against the 4seat mustangs.......yea you do. Eat it bitch.
Great idea in theory about the tires, except for the fact where it pulled more lateral G's, and clocked the exact same 1/4 mile ET and figure 8 times as when it was first tested.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...28-first-test/

Originally Posted by Puck

Really shouldn't be jumping into this ensuing **** show, but that first article was not impressive at all...halfway through they were still running high 12s/low 13s with a 3k stall, 4.10 gears, no front sway bar, tubular front brace, chromoly drive shaft, and intake? Not gonna bring another shitty motor into this and mention my LT1, but lets just say it ran better then that with less mods and as a daily driver...that still had a front sway bar and tires that you can safely drive in the rain .
I've already said multiple times in this thread that the 3V sucks in a straight line. Just Hio trying to claim that you can't get beyond mid 12's with cams, when you can get there with simple bolt ons.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've already said multiple times in this thread that the 3V sucks in a straight line. Just Hio trying to claim that you can't get beyond mid 12's with cams, when you can get there with simple bolt ons.
That's just silly, I think he is trolling and exaggerating to rile you guys up . While some motors definitely have advantages over others in certain situations, ANY car can be great at something with the right mods and enough money thrown at it.

LS1, LS6, LT1, 3v, 4v, LS2...all these motors are old news now anyway. Hios car runs great for what it is, but that doesn't change the fact that in today's time you can build something WAY faster for much less money than throwing an LS6 in an Fbod. Hell, it could even be an import *gasp*.

I just find it weird to argue about which obsolete old tech is better than other obsolete old tech. Just buy what you like and have fun with it. Some of us are just the kind of people that would mod ANYTHING, so its stupid to criticize someone else for doing it. If I was dead broke and all I had was a $1000 craigslist civic, you better believe I would still be making my own air intakes, changing the exhaust, and pinching pennies to throw an ebay turbo on it so I can sqeek into 12's and hopefully not blow it up .

Some people don't care about being the fastest, but still want to improve what they have.

Sorry for long thread in SRK. Bit tipsy, so slightly more verbose than normal.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
captain insano truly shows no mercy..
Old 01-14-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's just silly, I think he is trolling and exaggerating to rile you guys up . While some motors definitely have advantages over others in certain situations, ANY car can be great at something with the right mods and enough money thrown at it.

LS1, LS6, LT1, 3v, 4v, LS2...all these motors are old news now anyway. Hios car runs great for what it is, but that doesn't change the fact that in today's time you can build something WAY faster for much less money than throwing an LS6 in an Fbod. Hell, it could even be an import *gasp*.

I just find it weird to argue about which obsolete old tech is better than other obsolete old tech. Just buy what you like and have fun with it. Some of us are just the kind of people that would mod ANYTHING, so its stupid to criticize someone else for doing it. If I was dead broke and all I had was a $1000 craigslist civic, you better believe I would still be making my own air intakes, changing the exhaust, and pinching pennies to throw an ebay turbo on it so I can sqeek into 12's and hopefully not blow it up .

Some people don't care about being the fastest, but still want to improve what they have.

Hammer trolls, and he does it very well. Jake is a retard that isn't worth talking to. Hio is a different animal, he actually believes his own bullshit, regardless of proof. He shows classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder. That's why it's so much fun to screw with him.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Yea 3v's are much better suited to running 12yr old lt1 cars. Even then they get spanked.

Do you think it's funny that jc is tryin to splain the merits of a 3v when he couldn't get his 4v in the 13s

Great idea in theory about the tires, except for the fact where it pulled more lateral G's, and clocked the exact same 1/4 mile ET and figure 8 times as when it was first tested.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...28-first-test/

They do struggle to get to the 12s. Beyond mid 12s is almost none existent.

Well......i guess if the gt350r was truly better as you said then it woulda been a clean sweep vs a 10yr old chassis and motor. But it ******* wasn't now was it dumbass. Be a sight to hear you morons if they woulda used a long term mustang to test the z28 against.

Faster is not always a goal. Sometimes just a well rounded hotrod is the goal. That is much more difficult than just goin fast for a 1/4 mile.

If i had to set my *** in a civic i damn sure would spend as little on that pos as possible so i could buy something better.

Hammer trolls, and he does it very well. Jake is a retard that isn't worth talking to. Hio is a different animal, he actually believes his own bullshit, regardless of proof. He shows classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder. That's why it's so much fun to screw with him.
Aaaaahhhhh..........moron. I'm not the one making shitty youtube vids telling everyone how shitty their cars are you little bitch. The narcissistic disorder is yours......or you wouldn't do that dumb ****.

Classic signs of a snowflake right there. Tries to put off their own issues on you like they're perfect. When in reality they've never left the 14s but think they've been 9s.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 01-15-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug have you ever been wrong before
Old 01-15-2018, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea 3v's are much better suited to running 12yr old lt1 cars. Even then they get spanked.

Do you think it's funny that jc is tryin to splain the merits of a 3v when he couldn't get his 4v in the 13s

They do struggle to get to the 12s. Beyond mid 12s is almost none existent.

Well......i guess if the gt350r was truly better as you said then it woulda been a clean sweep vs a 10yr old chassis and motor. But it ******* wasn't now was it dumbass. Be a sight to hear you morons if they woulda used a long term mustang to test the z28 against.

Faster is always a goal. Sometimes just a well rounded hotrod is the goal. That is much more difficult than just goin fast for a 1/4 mile.

If i had to set my *** in a civic i damn sure would spend as little on that pos as possible so i could buy something better.

Aaaaahhhhh..........moron. I'm not the one making shitty youtube vids telling everyone how shitty their cars are you little bitch. The narcissistic disorder is yours......or you wouldn't do that dumb ****.

Classic signs of a snowflake right there. Tries to put off their own issues on you like they're perfect. When in reality they've never left the 14s but think they've been 9s.
You seem to be under the impression that I can't get a 4V into the 13's, I've never tried. There are plenty in the mid/low 12's, but yeah 11's are much harder NA, only 3 or 4 that I know of.

There is a few reasons for this. One being that everyone had Ford's number by the 3V and that number was boost, fewer people trying with bolt ons and cams. Second reason is morons that went with the hot rod cam, which sounded great, but should have been a factory cam.

Ah, the jealousy of my youtube again, delicious. Must really eat you alive that I have fans, and no one cares about the great Hio.

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Hah! Good luck getting an answer for that question. Like prying e-mails out of Hillary.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

I'm under the results you didn't get a 4v in the 13s.

The reason they go to boost is because those engines are turds na.

Dude your ******* fans are dumber than you. The fact that you think you have fans further proves you are the narcissistic one here.

Snowflake.....erryone knows you are a hillary supporter. The proof is in your lack of rounded facts abd your constant twisting of the truth.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong. When i aay jc never left the 14s that is a truth........when i say your cammed ls1 performed **** poor and never left the 13s.......that's true also.

Just because you don't like the facts don't mean they are not the facts. It does mean you are a snowflake dem no matter how you voted.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Oh no never...only just every time you open your mouth to say what mods i “have”
Old 01-15-2018, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

And that’s just one person
Old 01-15-2018, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong. When i aay jc never left the 14s that is a truth........when i say your cammed ls1 performed **** poor and never left the 13s.......that's true also.

Just because you don't like the facts don't mean they are not the facts. It does mean you are a snowflake dem no matter how you voted.
All I did was ask a question man.

And you still didn't answer it
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Oh no never...only just every time you open your mouth to say what mods i “have”
Says bolt ons in your dig.
All I did was ask a question man.

And you still didn't answer it
I answered it as it pertains to this conversation.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

I just meant in general. As in "ever"
Old 01-15-2018, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

My dick is bigger than everyone's

I can **** farther too

My car is the fastest

I am the smartest

I am the strongest

I am the coolest

Don't you ******** get tired of arguing the same **** over and over?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm under the results you didn't get a 4v in the 13s.

The reason they go to boost is because those engines are turds na.

Dude your ******* fans are dumber than you. The fact that you think you have fans further proves you are the narcissistic one here.

Snowflake.....erryone knows you are a hillary supporter. The proof is in your lack of rounded facts abd your constant twisting of the truth.
I'm under the results that you've never gotten a geo metro into the 13's. You're so lame, you can't even get a geo into the 13's. See how that works? Had I actually tried, then you could give me ****, but I never did.

I'll set this **** straight for the first and last time. I've had three 4V mustangs. One I swapped for $500 because a friend blew up the 2V that was already in the car. Price was the same as a 2V swap.

Second one was a 97 Cobra that looked like complete ***. I focused entirely on getting fixing the exterior. Had an ORH pipe and heavy 03 cobra wheels. It's the only one that I took to a 1/4 mile track. It ran 14.3@99 in **** DA and I only got one run in that day due to bracket racer overflow.

Third was a 98 Cobra, which I bought to resell.

I don't think I have fans, that's a verifiable fact.

Quick Reply: 3 valve vs LS1