Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4 kids inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know, I prefer them being on Ls1 tech bothering me, then trying to bother me at the track. Of all the mopar, the SRT-4 sure does talk alot for so little go, everything else but a Neon. Maybe in a world of rice.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

I don't mean to be harsh to most SRT-4, thought I would come back and say so. Just I don't understand people who come to car forums to bash that car or start trouble, it tends to be the same people you see with a big wing the night before who talked about walking on you and then only gets walked on.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by slik98z
Ill race you. under these conditions, If (when) i lose, I getta dinner date for two, clothing optional. (no offense brains, promise iw ont keep her out too late),

but if i win, same as above applies just drinks are on you
Old 07-07-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanSSull
I don't mean to be harsh to most SRT-4, thought I would come back and say so. Just I don't understand people who come to car forums to bash that car or start trouble, it tends to be the same people you see with a big wing the night before who talked about walking on you and then only gets walked on.
They have nothin' better to do with their life than to start stuff on forums and act like 10 year olds on the internet. But I leave it as their problem, not mine. Guys like slow4dr are rare these days; especially on forums, every "sport compact" owner does nothin' but talk **** and act tough behind their computer monitors. I didn't think SRT-4 owners would become just as bad/worse than the majority of ricers out there, figuring they have a domestic too so they'd wanna represent the anti-rice, but the majority of SRT-4 owners' attitudes on the internet and street are nearly worse than any ricer before them. The cool, normal owners are few and far between, but apparently the SRT-4 is just the next Civic of the ricer community, and fast or not, most of the owners are just immature, insecure idiots.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Thumbs down

I think it is funny how some of those ignorant Neon owners say that f-body owners all have mullets. Don't they realize they are driving what most people would consider a "bitch car"? Since when did driving a girl car become more cool than driving a V8 musclecar?

Don't forget your roots:

hi.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zangel
I always enjoyed chasing and I actually don't mind bracket racing at all. I used to bracket race every month out at Sealy in the Car Club Bash. I have good reaction times! Just make sure you pay attention to those lights... I have a way of making people nervous

...so, when ya coming to Houston
hehe I have butterflies everytime I race anyway. Let alone when a 9 second(oops can I say that?) beast comes flying by me with a female driver.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mhulslan
Sorry. You're taking me on first. I don't bracket race, though. Two miles of highway, or one circle track, and I'm there. I'd even run a normal Solo 2 course with you.
Oh crap neither of my cars turn very well. I think I am gonna have to get some tires and some prothane suspension bushings for the SRT soon. After I installed the rear sway bar this car has incredible oversteer. I can actually make the cars rearend step out. Which in a FWD is very interesting because you just pedal it and it will go where you point it.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Oh this is good stuff.

It's been slow at work, and LS1 Tech gets me through the day

And the next time I crush a Neon, I won't be a gracious as I have been. These asshats deserve NO props.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
They have nothin' better to do with their life than to start stuff on forums and act like 10 year olds on the internet. But I leave it as their problem, not mine. Guys like slow4dr are rare these days; especially on forums, every "sport compact" owner does nothin' but talk **** and act tough behind their computer monitors. I didn't think SRT-4 owners would become just as bad/worse than the majority of ricers out there, figuring they have a domestic too so they'd wanna represent the anti-rice, but the majority of SRT-4 owners' attitudes on the internet and street are nearly worse than any ricer before them. The cool, normal owners are few and far between, but apparently the SRT-4 is just the next Civic of the ricer community, and fast or not, most of the owners are just immature, insecure idiots.
I have actually met quite a few really nice guys from the SRTforums. Unfortunately at the expense of meeting a lot more idiots. One thing that has always puzzled me is when I see another SRT driving and I give them a wave............nothing. I guess maybe I shouldn't expect people to be "into" cars like I am. This is probably the main reason why I travel to the RWD V8 sites as you guys are "into" cars like I am.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you guys know that they have diff. threads for the diff colors of the srt-4? They have a tread to post pics just for yellow, red, black, blue and silver srt-4's. how gay is that. im going to join and make a tread for only the rainbow colored srt-4's and find a bunch of srt-4 pics and put them there b/c they all are pretty
Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just Slow4dr's is the only cool one. not all those other idiots!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
Did you guys know that they have diff. threads for the diff colors of the srt-4? They have a tread to post pics just for yellow, red, black, blue and silver srt-4's. how gay is that. im going to join and make a tread for only the rainbow colored srt-4's and find a bunch of srt-4 pics and put them there b/c they all are pretty
I dont post in any thread that has to do with looks/stereos or anything that doesn't make the car faster or handle better. That is just me and I dont hold it against the people that are into those kinds of things regardless of what they drive.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by slow4dr
hehe I have butterflies everytime I race anyway. Let alone when a 9 second(oops can I say that?) beast comes flying by me with a female driver.
9 seconds? Damn, my memory is fading faster than I thought Nah, that's my goal, but I'm not quite there... yet. I understand what you are saying about the butterflies though. Once I got so excited that I forget to turn the traction control off. It is pretty funny trying to do a burnout with it turned on. It aint no thang though... everyone makes mistakes. As long as you have fun in the process, that is all that matters... oh, and winning is nice also!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Launching!

9 seconds? Damn, my memory is fading faster than I thought Nah, that's my goal, but I'm not quite there... yet. I understand what you are saying about the butterflies though. Once I got so excited that I forget to turn the traction control off. It is pretty funny trying to do a burnout with it turned on. It aint no thang though... everyone makes mistakes. As long as you have fun in the process, that is all that matters... oh, and winning is nice also!
Oh wait your car doesn't run 9's. Myfault definitely has a chance now.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

any of you srt4 drivers live near md/pa/de?

i will race *ANY* srt4 at cecil co dragway...and ill be on street tires...
Old 07-07-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

No man, give them a chance. Do it on bald tires, with the T-tops off, and the mods removed...
Old 07-07-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yea, and 87 octane...
Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
any of you srt4 drivers live near md/pa/de?

i will race *ANY* srt4 at cecil co dragway...and ill be on street tires...
I think you guys scared them all off. Sorry, too far of a drive for me.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Oh wait your car doesn't run 9's. Myfault definitely has a chance now.
Who has a chance?

I did a little research yesterday. Is it true that the fastest SRT in Houston runs a 10.87 and he isn't on the street? After being told that the best 60ft time a SRT can pull is a 1.7... I decided to look into that a bit more. Those poor things just have the hardest time launching. Well, that has to suck!

Last edited by Zangel; 07-07-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Who has a chance?

I did a little research yesterday. Is it true that the fastest SRT in Houston runs a 10.87 and he isn't on the street? After being told that the best 60ft time a SRT can pull is a 1.7... I decided to look into that a bit more. Those poor things just have the hardest time launching. Well, that has to suck!
OOPS sorry, myfault = svtkid. It requires quite a bit of suspension work to get them to 60 ft. in the 1.4/1.5 range. The first time I took my car to the track on a slick I couldn't get better than a 2.2 short time. I was extremely frustrated so I went back a few weeks later and the same thing. Unfortunately my local track you will get 3 runs in in a 8 hour period so it is hard to practice. I went back a few weeks ago and finally pulled a 1.9 LOL on the same tire as before. I think I was over driving them. I am used to the Galant which likes to be launched off the rev-limiter. I am switching to a bigger slick 24X8 so hopefully I will have some new times on saturday.