Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4 kids inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Excal
i didn't noticed this got flamed and i check it everyday, not quite a dent. In 4 months since i checked (february 2004) i'm glad they finally broke through to where stock motored c5s have been.

I predicted the srt-4 was gonna be THE sport compact out of the new batch (under 25K or whatever) way before it was released. I didn't know they were gonna be worse than civic and mustang owners.

too many 13 second cars killing cars than trap 10mph faster in the "kills" section, can't really be taken seriously now.
Umm I guess you could compare an SRT to a C5. It is THE sport compact as far as money invested is concerned. I wont make excuses for some nimrod that claims he beat a ZO6 in a stock or modified SRT. Find him on the street and beat his ***. I know better than that.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Brains
Anyone want to side bet on the ZAngel / svtkid race? I'm in for however much -- neutral third party holds the cash so you kiddies can't bitch out and risk me getting arrested
i will put the pink slip to my car down on that one and hey wasn't there a movie that was in? nah, i must be dreaming
Old 07-06-2004, 07:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a mad crazy day at work. Just got home. Sorry to have missed out on the fun.

Ah, these SRT-4 guys are hilarious.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unit213
An 11.9 is pretty solid for 7000ft of elevation. No one is going to deny that. The real story behind that is that there are less than a handfull of srt4's running 11's while the MAJORITY of people on this board are in the 11's...and it can be done easily with bolt-ons only.
Very true! I guess you could consider that SRT a bolt-on car as well though. Probably roughly $2000 in mods retail.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this was in our multimedia forum ls1 vs srt-4
www.thunderms.com/multimedia/Videos/misc/Camaro.WMV
Racing friend's SRT4
Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's actually a pretty pathetic performance from the Camaro. Too bad one of those guys can't run into me or someone like Levi (Cannibal). They'd learn a hard lesson.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I have had a mad crazy day at work. Just got home. Sorry to have missed out on the fun.

Ah, these SRT-4 guys are hilarious.

Me too. What the HELL happened in here?

As already stated, props to unit for accomplishing nothing at work and dealing with 20+ trolls.

In related news (not really), I closed my first loan today (YAY!) I am now $200 closer to kicking your ***, unit
Old 07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Velocity
Me too. What the HELL happened in here?

As already stated, props to unit for accomplishing nothing at work and dealing with 20+ trolls.

In related news (not really), I closed my first loan today (YAY!) I am now $200 closer to kicking your ***, unit
Congrats!

And yes, props to UNIT for holding the fort.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man. I would've liked to pummel those *** clowns. I tried to take the high road since I represent LS1Tech...sort of. I slipped here and there. I wanted to give it to 'em STF style. They don't want any part of me.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:25 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Thanks man. I would've liked to pummel those *** clowns. I tried to take the high road since I represent LS1Tech...sort of. I slipped here and there. I wanted to give it to 'em STF style. They don't want any part of me.
The irony is that the best way to deal with the SRT4 guys is simply ignoring them. They crave attention. Denying them their chance to troll was just the right thing to do.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Is is hilarious looking through their kill section!

Bone stock SRT-4
I pulled up to a light next to this really nice looking red car (turned out to be a 2000 LS1 Camaro). We go off one light and he kinda pulls on me and we do that till we get stopped again. I knod and he knods back, the light goes green. I get a pretty darn nice launch and roast him out of the whole and all the way to 100 until I shut it down, I had at least 7+ car lengths on him. We pulled over and stopped at the next rest area. He wanted to know how I was so much faster and blah blah
Most of the people on here, myself included could have gotten a brand new SRT-4. I just couldnt fathom the idea of driving a neon, so I paid the extra for a real car.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I considered buying an srt-4. But for the same price I got two, yes two, vehicles that in my opinion are better vehicles. One of which is unquestionably faster than their neons
Old 07-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kckid
I considered buying an srt-4. But for the same price I got two, yes two, vehicles that in my opinion are better vehicles. One of which is unquestionably faster than their neons
I used to sell bikes. I am to damm of an aggressive driver to be anywhere near a bike. Although they are extremely fun. I considered alot of different vehicles before I bought the SRT. I could have never guessed how much fun it was gonna be. I have been lucky though. I was one of the first owners in Cali so I called every company out there to get free parts. Here is a list for those that care. AEM CAI, AEM SRI, K&N FIPK, DC sports cat-back exhaust, Thermal R&D turbo-back exhaust(still waiting for production unit), DC strut tower bars, Mopar S1, Dynoworks motor mounts, $5 catch can, Eibach Springs & sway bars.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Fiery Features Director

ahh man.. you banned those guys? I was having fun! I haven't been called out in such a long time.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zangel
ahh man.. you banned those guys? I was having fun! I haven't been called out in such a long time.
I will bracket race you. I will be at the 330 mark before you leave though. Dont get impatient you might get the BIG red eye.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kckid
One of which is unquestionably faster than their neons
Check this out. Hopefully new to you. http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/...er=asc&start=0
Old 07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cefiro
Is is hilarious looking through their kill section!

Bone stock SRT-4 Quote:
I pulled up to a light next to this really nice looking red car (turned out to be a 2000 LS1 Camaro). We go off one light and he kinda pulls on me and we do that till we get stopped again. I knod and he knods back, the light goes green. I get a pretty darn nice launch and roast him out of the whole and all the way to 100 until I shut it down, I had at least 7+ car lengths on him. We pulled over and stopped at the next rest area. He wanted to know how I was so much faster and blah blah

Most of the people on here, myself included could have gotten a brand new SRT-4. I just couldnt fathom the idea of driving a neon, so I paid the extra for a real car.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by slow4dr
I will bracket race you. I will be at the 330 mark before you leave though. Dont get impatient you might get the BIG red eye.
I always enjoyed chasing and I actually don't mind bracket racing at all. I used to bracket race every month out at Sealy in the Car Club Bash. I have good reaction times! Just make sure you pay attention to those lights... I have a way of making people nervous

...so, when ya coming to Houston
Old 07-06-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Sorry. You're taking me on first. I don't bracket race, though. Two miles of highway, or one circle track, and I'm there. I'd even run a normal Solo 2 course with you.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
I always enjoyed chasing and I actually don't mind bracket racing at all. I used to bracket race every month out at Sealy in the Car Club Bash. I have good reaction times! Just make sure you pay attention to those lights... I have a way of making people nervous

...so, when ya coming to Houston

Ill race you. under these conditions, If (when) i lose, I getta dinner date for two, clothing optional. (no offense brains, promise iw ont keep her out too late),

but if i win, same as above applies just drinks are on you