Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobra gets beat by Nissan SUV

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
So it took mods and a tire to run with a bone stock 4V, got it.
Stop using motorweek for information, their 1/4 times are always horrible.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Damn....looks like several tpi cars in here was significantly faster than jc 4v. But jc won't believe anyone because he knows it all but builds turds. Just watch his raging fagger vids.....narcissistic af. Anyone else see the commonnality here?

​​​
Old 06-06-2018, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

You're not grasping how much of a POS that cobra was, nor are you grasping how shitty a driver I was back then. Plus you're a know liar about mods, so I seriously doubt any "Stock" claims out of you. No, that TPI really can't.

Heritage edition prototype 92 Camaro with a 270HP L98 and a ZF6. 14.3@100, right with my junk Cobra. So a nastier version barely hangs with a clapped out cobra. Tell me again how close they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCpF57Zy4YE

So it took mods and a tire to run with a bone stock 4V, got it.
your 4v wasn't bone stock. You've mentioned exhaust on it before. My guess is you had a cai to. So who lies?

no i do not lie about mods. I have no reason to. My **** performs as it should. So you can shut your pie hole bitch.

if you like i can find where they tested a 1le 3rdgen 305 5speed car that ran 13s.

i love 91 z28
Old 06-06-2018, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Motorweek 85 was chock full of ringers, unless you believe that an 85 4bbl mustang ran 14.2@92. Vast majority of TPI 350 cars were 15 second cars, not sure how you ran a 14.2, because my mom has an L98 IROC and it's painfully slow.

Has more to do with me being an inexperienced driver than the failing of the car. Still trapped 5-7mph more than a stock L98 and right with an LT1.

You are smoking some good stuff. My car Formula going 14.2s was nothing out of the ordinary. A 90 and up SD car was even faster. Maybe your mom's car was a single cat 273 geared car? Or something was wrong with it. I added AFP and wacked it up by 4psi,air foil,removed screens from MAF and the heat risers,gutted the cats and a SLP prom(two of these mods did nothing).

Vette 13.4 timeslip had those mods plus HIo ported runners,Hio ported plenum and Hio ported TB(which was strangled by stock base) and a CAI

Old 06-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Lol you cant even keep your BS straight. So this guy with a "stock LS1" puts a couple cars on a teenager with a stock cobra probably shifting at 5,500 because he doesn't wanna hurt his dads cars motor. Yet your stock camero puts busses on a sueprcharged one? Cant even keep your lies straight.
That literally made NO sense, you ****** *** fart flower.

My lid only a4 pulled a stock termi by 2 cars. And a stock 08 GT100 by 1-2 cars. A 98 cobra with just gears would have gotten BUSED baddddd. Keep crying over my old mystic z28, you blubbering little bitch lol. I am the owner of you, cunny.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
That literally made NO sense, you ****** *** fart flower.

My lid only a4 pulled a stock termi by 2 cars. And a stock 08 GT100 by 1-2 cars. A 98 cobra with just gears would have gotten BUSED baddddd. Keep crying over my old mystic z28, you blubbering little bitch lol. I am the owner of you, cunny.
If only you owned a roof over your head instead of living at moms.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

I own a nicer roof than your fat ***. And a faster car lol. Your mom still feeds you fish sticks. Get on my level, cunny.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28tek
Unless it works in GM's favor, then every car runs that.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
your 4v wasn't bone stock. You've mentioned exhaust on it before. My guess is you had a cai to. So who lies?

no i do not lie about mods. I have no reason to. My **** performs as it should. So you can shut your pie hole bitch.

if you like i can find where they tested a 1le 3rdgen 305 5speed car that ran 13s.

i love 91 z28

I caught you lying with two lousy pictures, imagine what I could do if I saw the car in person.

Reading owns you. He said that his car ran an 8.8, which translates to a 13.7, which is where properly driven B head Cobra's run, hence the bone stock comment. Mine had an ORH, flowmasters, 04 Cobra wheels, a junk short throw, and nothing. No CAI, no headers, no tune, no nothing. That 1LE was a joke, as is that "stock" G92 that's on youtube.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You are smoking some good stuff. My car Formula going 14.2s was nothing out of the ordinary. A 90 and up SD car was even faster. Maybe your mom's car was a single cat 273 geared car? Or something was wrong with it. I added AFP and wacked it up by 4psi,air foil,removed screens from MAF and the heat risers,gutted the cats and a SLP prom(two of these mods did nothing).

Vette 13.4 timeslip had those mods plus HIo ported runners,Hio ported plenum and Hio ported TB(which was strangled by stock base) and a CAI
Yeah, hers is a single cat 2.77 car. Your car running the 14.2 makes a little more sense with the free mods, the SLP prom alone can add .2. Any mods that free up that god awful intake will add significant power, add that to the C4's weight and ability to launch, yeah I can easily see the 13.4.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28tek
Only when their tests are performed at a road track like Roebling. Most of their tests are run with track timers at an old dragstrip, and are quite accurate.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

SLP prom was garbage though. It just turned on the fans earlier and locked the converter. SLP once again ripping people off. Yes a single cat 277 geared car will be slow and a 4 valve will eat it alive as will a PI 2 valve.

Vette also had a pulley which I forgot to mention as did the Bird on the 13.8 run which I forgot to mention after reading my notes. Hio bypassed the TB coolant lines too. Vette also had aftermarket catback which I forgot about. It now has a ZZ4 cam,custom prom,bigger y pipe with no pre cats,muffler delete,85 Converter(2800),1.6 rockers with springs,ported exhaust manifolds,Bosch 3 injectors and a mini battery. I hope it runs 12s on drag radials next time out(it went a best of 13.3 last time with rockers added to prior combo). I am still waiting on spare heads,Big mouth lower and Edelbrock runners to be ported by Kris Starnes. It should run low 12s who knows...I set it up for light to light action at the beach so it will never run decent in the 1/4.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
SLP prom was garbage though. It just turned on the fans earlier and locked the converter. SLP once again ripping people off. Yes a single cat 277 geared car will be slow and a 4 valve will eat it alive as will a PI 2 valve.

Vette also had a pulley which I forgot to mention as did the Bird on the 13.8 run which I forgot to mention after reading my notes. Hio bypassed the TB coolant lines too. Vette also had aftermarket catback which I forgot about. It now has a ZZ4 cam,custom prom,bigger y pipe with no pre cats,muffler delete,85 Converter(2800),1.6 rockers with springs,ported exhaust manifolds,Bosch 3 injectors and a mini battery. I hope it runs 12s on drag radials next time out(it went a best of 13.3 last time with rockers added to prior combo). I am still waiting on spare heads,Big mouth lower and Edelbrock runners to be ported by Kris Starnes. It should run low 12s who knows...I set it up for light to light action at the beach so it will never run decent in the 1/4.
The 49 state legal SLP prom added significant gains, the California edition was the **** one. That C4 should be fun when you're done with it.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

I caught you lying with two lousy pictures, imagine what I could do if I saw the car in person.

Reading owns you. He said that his car ran an 8.8, which translates to a 13.7, which is where properly driven B head Cobra's run, hence the bone stock comment. Mine had an ORH, flowmasters, 04 Cobra wheels, a junk short throw, and nothing. No CAI, no headers, no tune, no nothing. That 1LE was a joke, as is that "stock" G92 that's on youtube.

Yeah, hers is a single cat 2.77 car. Your car running the 14.2 makes a little more sense with the free mods, the SLP prom alone can add .2. Any mods that free up that god awful intake will add significant power, add that to the C4's weight and ability to launch, yeah I can easily see the 13.4.
you've never caught me lying because i simply don't give enough ***** to lie. It's really that simple.

but you know what??.....you're dumbass was just caught lying because you said your cobro swap was stock. Now it has a orh, shifter, and flowmasters......but that's nothing. That means stock in your book eehh you little bitch. Lyin bitch at that

oh....so now your yt vids are the only ones that count. Straight up narcissistic bitch right there.

​​​​​that 13.9 305 1le g92 m5 car was likely very accurate. Only one i ever seen tested . Rare car....light....optioned for performance. Very doable.

now run along snowflake bitch.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

JC gettin bent by Doug. Dayum
Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wink

you've never caught me lying because i simply don't give enough ***** to lie. It's really that simple.

but you know what??.....you're dumbass was just caught lying because you said your cobro swap was stock. Now it has a orh, shifter, and flowmasters......but that's nothing. That means stock in your book eehh you little bitch. Lyin bitch at that

oh....so now your yt vids are the only ones that count. Straight up narcissistic bitch right there.

​​​​​that 13.9 305 1le g92 m5 car was likely very accurate. Only one i ever seen tested . Rare car....light....optioned for performance. Very doable.

now run along snowflake bitch.
Ok, so you conveniently forgot. Again, you're confused, my mark VIII swap was bone stock down to the paper filter and 4 cat mid pipe. That car was a red 96 GT 248a package. This car I'm posting now is my old white 97 Cobra. That G92 guy has mods, LT headers, UDP's, SLP runners, injectors, etc. He was trying to pass that bitch off as stock early on.

Mark VIII swap car.

Cobra.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

The only thing confusing hete is you chasing your *** from one junk build to another while trying to tell these guys what THEIR tpi cars ran. Now stfu
Old 06-06-2018, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only thing confusing hete is you chasing your *** from one junk build to another while trying to tell these guys what THEIR tpi cars ran. Now stfu
I'm pure truth, I am not biased one way or the other. Big shock, I was right about all of these, none were close to stock 4V territory without mods. I don't blame you for not being able to keep up with all of my mustangs, hell I can barely keep up with them. I still find it amusing that you can't say the words "I was wrong", even when you're clearly shown that you are.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Well i wasn't wrong. ....but you were. You can't even keep your story straight.

fact is stock tpi cars went as fast as high 13s in testing. Same with the 4vs....but replicating the 4v performance in real life is harder. You proved that. End of stary.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

No, motorweeks 1/4 times are usually pretty bad.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again, you're confused, my mark VIII swap was bone stock down to the paper filter and 4 cat mid pipe. That car was a red 96 GT 248a package. This car I'm posting now is my old white 97 Cobra.
Well i wasn't wrong. ....but you were. You can't even keep your story straight.

fact is stock tpi cars went as fast as high 13s in testing. Same with the 4vs....but replicating the 4v performance in real life is harder. You proved that. End of stary.

Hmm, looks to me like you were just proven wrong. Where is my story changing? The 1LE was essentially a factory race car and barely got tested at all, it's in there with the Cobra R. Even if it did run a 13.9, it's still quite a bit slower than a B head 4V.

This right here is probably the most comprehensive and unbiased TPI article out there. Says that the fastest of the IROC'S were 89-90, with the 5.7L running 14.4. I was right about the single cat versions running 15's, but wrong about the top end models being into the 14's.

https://axleaddict.com/cars/Camaro-VS-Mustang-Revisited
Old 06-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Teching In

I love how this race involved a Nissan and yet this thread still turns into a GM vs Ford **** show.