Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6g vs 6g. Equal mods. Tuning is everything .

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018 | 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by automach1
His car has ported heads IIRC.
Now it does and runs 10.70's in much worse air.
Old 08-21-2018 | 03:10 PM
Teching In

Prays porting and tuning are the best in my book ive tooken down cars i aint suppose to be taking down that gtr i raced was the hardest and closest races i have experienced in a while but it makes me want more power lol i believe i have prays stage 3 cam here in my house ready to be put in but i really want to get the heads ported before i swap out the cam but we'll see
-REAPER-
Old 08-21-2018 | 03:11 PM
Launching!

Go to the track.
Old 08-21-2018 | 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02reaper_tdr
Sorry it took so long to feed in to the convo. As far as i know my friends know the gtr he just now told me supposedly that night it ran 50/50 mix of e85 and 93 and it has full exhaust/cold air intake and a cobb tune and he had a damper of some sort dont really know what that means lol but yea it was a great night as far as my headers brand and exhaust its cheap priced speed engineering headers and exhaust straight piped to the back roto fab cai msd intake manifold ported by pray 17 in racestars in back with 305 45 17 mickey Thompson et street r's and now as of yesterday i have prays new 95mm tb and a ra
hey man nice of you to join us. Hope you don’t mind me sharing your results I was impressed. You may not know but I’m Troy from comments on your YouTube channel. Been talking to you about future mods

when you say RA are you talking about the cold air scoop? I built mine last week

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
So are these TM files that unlock huge power in manual cars also?

Ultra how do you think your car would perform vs a pray tuned car?
would be comparable. I have a couple mods over Gary (reaper) currently so I may edge him out on my 26 drag pack but who knows. Pray is probably the best 6gen tuner out there. Ryan from GPI my tuner is great as well. And as Pray said he has helped me with my tune in the past as well. My car according to logs does not have any throttle closure or TM problems. But I think some of the shifts could be smoother. My 4-5 seems delayed still. My 10.85 run was in around 0 DA nothing crazy and I only hit a hard 60ft once that night. Prep was ****. My car has more in it for sure and I’ve added more mods since. I should be at least 10.7s this fall. Hitting a 127-128 trap would be awesome too. Well see

When I first got serious about tuning Pray was not using hptuners yet. That’s the main reason he is not tuning my car. I’m tempted to jump ship but Ryan has been great. I’m in a tough spot as I think that pray knows a few things over even Ryan. And I want to run as fast as possible. Decisions...

Originally Posted by Pray
There is some in the M6 cars. It is also the way you set up the VT and shift recovery tq and timing. There are improvements to be had. There are three or four things that effect these new DI motors. People just don't understand how the system works for the most part yet. What is not being taken into consideration is the difference in tracks and weather conditions when comparing the times people have run.

I helped Ultra out with his initial tuning and ported products. He has since moved on. A lot of these cars are now copy and paste. I have shared every ounce of information I have found with these things over the last two years or so. Why some picked up on it and others didn't I am not sure. I am pretty positive I have had a hand in all the fast bolt on and H/C cars out there right now.

I was going to have a couple cars at the Fall Brawl I and a fried are hosting but we had to change the date so my cars are out for now.
You speak truth. And I appreciate all your help. We’ve been over why I jumped ship it’s nothing personal bro.
Old 08-21-2018 | 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

What is not being taken into consideration is the difference in tracks and weather conditions when comparing the times people have run.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Thats why its great to compare times at same track, same day.
I comply with these statements.
Old 08-21-2018 | 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Well I just paid for Preys ported Tb/Intake cant wait to see how she runs with that and his tuning later on . Seems like everyone I’ve talked to loves his work .
Old 08-21-2018 | 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

I was told the GTR was around 600rw and has gone high 10's at the track. That is all I know about it.

Reaper has vids of him taking out Hell Cats as well. I don't know what else to tell you guys. My FBO cars are all capable of high 10's at 126 or so in good weather. They will show out this winter.

I guess the proof for everyone will be when we get the H/C package on this car sometime in the near future.

Some of you guys have run with Poppacap's GS. Race weight for that thing is a little over 3,600lbs and went 10.80's at 127+ with the stock ported IM/TB. Not sure of Reapers final weight but I would bet it is right around 3,650.
I believe it...I pulled on that hell cat and I am still on 20's with less mods...factory fun flats too!
Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Well I just paid for Preys ported Tb/Intake cant wait to see how she runs with that and his tuning later on . Seems like everyone I’ve talked to loves his work .
I dropped about 1.5 tenths from it with stock tune...tuning will unlock more potential from those mods.
Old 08-21-2018 | 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I believe it...I pulled on that hell cat and I am still on 20's with less mods...factory fun flats too!

I dropped about 1.5 tenths from it with stock tune...tuning will unlock more potential from those mods.
wow that’s impressive now I’m wondering if I should go ahead and buy a rotofab Intake or just a panel filter
Old 08-21-2018 | 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Rotofab will net you a little more gains then a panel filter now, but will be better in the long run as your mods increase. Pray tested a Rotofab vs a stock modified box with green filter on a bolt-on car and the Rotofab trapped over 1mph more in slightly worse DA.
Old 08-21-2018 | 09:23 PM
Teching In

Hey troy whats going on brotha yea its good to hear some familiar names im starting to get to know some awesome peeps in the world of the 6 gens and yea by RA i mean the ram air scoop i actually made mine with a bendable spectre intake tubing and a old 88ish mustang 5.0 stock air box loli noticed some pull up top with the RA it really did work haha but i would seriously want to know what times im running but the san Antonio raceway just switched owners and the new owners do really crappy prep no one i know has been able to hook at all in that track anymore so it be useless to go i know stictly street did a 11.8 with no intake manifold and no good DA and ive beaten a couple cars that are even in the 10s on rolls and some that are 11.40s on digs
Old 08-22-2018 | 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

hey man nice of you to join us. Hope you don’t mind me sharing your results I was impressed. You may not know but I’m Troy from comments on your YouTube channel. Been talking to you about future mods

when you say RA are you talking about the cold air scoop? I built mine last week

would be comparable. I have a couple mods over Gary (reaper) currently so I may edge him out on my 26 drag pack but who knows. Pray is probably the best 6gen tuner out there. Ryan from GPI my tuner is great as well. And as Pray said he has helped me with my tune in the past as well. My car according to logs does not have any throttle closure or TM problems. But I think some of the shifts could be smoother. My 4-5 seems delayed still. My 10.85 run was in around 0 DA nothing crazy and I only hit a hard 60ft once that night. Prep was ****. My car has more in it for sure and I’ve added more mods since. I should be at least 10.7s this fall. Hitting a 127-128 trap would be awesome too. Well see

When I first got serious about tuning Pray was not using hptuners yet. That’s the main reason he is not tuning my car. I’m tempted to jump ship but Ryan has been great. I’m in a tough spot as I think that pray knows a few things over even Ryan. And I want to run as fast as possible. Decisions...

You speak truth. And I appreciate all your help. We’ve been over why I jumped ship it’s nothing personal bro.
Thanks for the kind words man. I know why you went another direction. No choice at the time. I wasn't set up for remote tuning at the time with HPT. NBD.

Ryan is a great tuner, definitely no worse than I am. I just own a 6th Gen and have spent thousands of hours on this platform. I also don't branch out much anymore with tuning other platforms like Ryan does. So you're in good hands. I will still give you all the help I can as usual.
Old 08-22-2018 | 04:56 AM
Teching In

I haven’t seen any pray tuned cars locally causing chaos. In the contrary, the pray car has been beat by the buster.
Old 08-22-2018 | 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I haven’t seen any pray tuned cars locally causing chaos. In the contrary, the pray car has been beat by the buster.
Interesting. There are only two cars down there right now that are actually tuned by me. One M6 and one A8. M6's are also more driver and weight than pure tuning. The M6 cars vids I have seen going 50/50 with the Buster with my ported stock IM/TB on "my car" with the Buster being 100lbs lighter. They are never more than half a car apart either way from what I have seen. Except from the lower rolls where the exact words from Buster were "We got murdered, it wasn't even close" I have also been working behind the scenes with the Buster for a while. We talk quite frequently and he will be getting some of my parts very soon. The Buster is a student of the game and he has a very well sorted car. I am glad to be a small part of his progress. "My" M6 car just got a ported MSD set up and they haven't re-raced. There are other cars down there with my parts but not with my tuning. The A8 car I just finished up should run real well. But I appreciate your comments, thanks for chiming in.

Last edited by Pray; 08-22-2018 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2018 | 05:55 AM
Teching In

To be fair....if I had a 6gen Camaro it would be an A8 and it would be tuned by you. You put a lot of focus on track times and me likey dat.
Old 08-22-2018 | 05:56 AM
Teching In

Interesting. There are only two cars down there right now that are actually tuned by me. One M6 and one A8. M6's are also more driver and weight than pure tuning. The M6 cars vids I have seen going 50/50 with the Buster with my ported stock IM/TB on "my car" with the Buster being 100lbs lighter. They are never more than half a car apart either way from what I have seen. Except from the lower rolls where the exact words from Buster were "We got murdered, it wasn't even close" I have also been working behind the scenes with the Buster for a while. We talk quite frequently and he will be getting some of my parts very soon. The Buster is a student of the game and he has a very well sorted car. I am glad to be a small part of his progress. "My" M6 car just got a ported MSD set up and they haven't re-raced. There are other cars down there with my parts but not with my tuning. The A8 car I just finished up should run real well. But I appreciate your comments, thanks for chiming in.

sup pray, yes your right from a 30roll I couldn’t keep up. Race stars and radial vs stock tire with all seasons I couldn’t even stay on the throttle. But I ran him from a 40/50 and took it by a car at most. Your tuning is great and your knowledge is beast. Just because I don’t get tuned by you don’t mean you don’t matter in the game. Thanks for the help. Quest for 500whp fbo on the way!!!!!
Old 08-22-2018 | 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The buster

sup pray, yes your right from a 30roll I couldn’t keep up. Race stars and radial vs stock tire with all seasons I couldn’t even stay on the throttle. But I ran him from a 40/50 and took it by a car at most. Your tuning is great and your knowledge is beast. Just because I don’t get tuned by you don’t mean you don’t matter in the game. Thanks for the help. Quest for 500whp fbo on the way!!!!!
Thanks man. I never wanted to mention you or our affiliation. I am not like that. I am not looking to steal any credit and I help anyone and everyone regardless of who they are associated with. I just wanted to set the record straight.

You have done a killer job with your car and it shows. I thought you were on a tire though. Must be the other guy with the red 1LE. Like I said. Just glad to be a small part of it.

Last edited by Pray; 08-22-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-22-2018 | 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
To be fair....if I had a 6gen Camaro it would be an A8 and it would be tuned by you. You put a lot of focus on track times and me likey dat.
Well, what are you waiting for. I am down to what ever I can to help when you come to the dark side. LOL.
Old 08-22-2018 | 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Well, what are you waiting for. I am down to what ever I can to help when you come to the dark side. LOL.
he has a boosted s550. He'd be going backwards. Lol

Old 08-22-2018 | 08:45 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

The Buster!
Old 08-22-2018 | 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
he has a boosted s550. He'd be going backwards. Lol
Backwards on power but not on cars. Hahahahahaha.