Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6gen vs 5.0's vs 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Whatever you say. He gained about a 1/2 car on my 2-3 shift. Then I didn't fall back. Yes I did loose. Did he have the same mods at that time? I'm not positive. Also he's still on his street tire tard. I gained 3mph when I put a tire on my car. He's got even more tq to put down than me too.

K. Uh no I'm not scared of that car or your junk. Racing is not a waste of time for me. To much BS is a waste of time. I know you call that one h/c ls3 I ran slow because of it's track times down here also. Right?
​​​​I'm sure Hio would race you. He might even put money on it.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by spikestang
being his car is down for an engine again he can't race him. Lol
Old 12-20-2018, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
dougy likes to leave out that buster was on street tires and couldn't launch the car hard when it went 120

The pray manual car with basically same mods as buster and a drag pack went 11.0@124.

Edit actually here is that cars mods , so buster has better intake and TB
My ported stock IM/TB, Kooks headers, RF dry, my FF sensor and tuning. 28" drag pack.
He tries hard. Lol.

That's awesome for a mani, bolt on, car. Close to a 10.

Has anyone raced him? Lol.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lol. Well it's good enough for me. Obviously not good enough to be in the hiho crew. Good thing I don't mod my car for other people. It makes me smile when people talk down about my ride.
weird. I hear the stance guys say that around here...

Good runs. Yeah your definitely on worn suspension, when i first got my car and decided to race, someone commented at auto x about my massive bodyroll, and on the street my car did just like yours in a race.

I scored a BMR spring set and much newer Bilsteins for my SS from a totaled z28 in my local junkyard.

It dropped the car probably 1.5-2inches (swapped wheels too) and ive gotta say id neeeeever go back to the stock setup unless i was buying everything brand new, and building it for a friend.

The turning response and performance is great, im like you and have spots here in the VA/NC area where id have to go offroad or hit some decent slanted entrance ways. Just be gentle. lol
Old 12-20-2018, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Whatever you say. He gained about a 1/2 car on my 2-3 shift. Then I didn't fall back. Yes I did loose. Did he have the same mods at that time? I'm not positive. Also he's still on his street tire tard. I gained 3mph when I put a tire on my car. He's got even more tq to put down than me too.

K. Uh no I'm not scared of that car or your junk. Racing is not a waste of time for me. To much BS is a waste of time. I know you call that one h/c ls3 I ran slow because of it's track times down here also. Right?
i didn't say any of the h/c ls3 cars you ran were slow.....they did beat you.

No reason to be scared tho. But it wouldn't be close at all.

dougy likes to leave out that buster was on street tires and couldn't launch the car hard when it went 120

The pray manual car with basically same mods as buster and a drag pack went 11.0@124.

Edit actually here is that cars mods , so buster has better intake and TB
My ported stock IM/TB, Kooks headers, RF dry, my FF sensor and tuning. 28" drag pack.
Ok....doesn't mean buster will run that. And i know jose. But until any of us does then we haven't. Just how it is even for myself.

we're like 800miles apart. Likely would never happen. But it would take a legit 130mph car to run with the old bolt on ls6 and that was at 417whp and not the 451 it made after further refinement. It was a animal after that.

being his car is down for an engine again he can't race him. Lol
yup....it's down at the moment.

He tries hard. Lol.

That's awesome for a mani, bolt on, car. Close to a 10.

Has anyone raced him? Lol.
there has been guys on here i have run.....been a while tho. I've ran 123mph turbo mach, 500whp honda, turbo s2000 that trapped 124, pullied sra swapped 03 cobro, 630whp gtr, 124mph coyotahs, numery h/c and cam only cars over the years including a 130+ mph cam only ls3 vette. The only thing i came across that beat the car on the street was the 10sec 135 mph gtr......from a dig.

Bolt on Coyotes were no run for it......like not at all. Really besides the gtr the cammed ls3 vette was the only thing that stayed close.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-20-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Good runs
Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Lol. I'm obviously not the best/fastest on the shifts. I kept trying to get more turkey & ham lol..
it just takes seat time. what shifter/stick are you using ?

Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

I really would like to see how my transam would do against the 383. I was able to hang with a cammed auto 6g last week . the auto and converter are so much faster than a manual . even tho my manual fbody is the faster one LOL
Old 12-21-2018, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

These new auto's are changing the game, so I can see why the street guys like them, but its still boring IMO unless its an all out drag car.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick V.
weird. I hear the stance guys say that around here...

Good runs. Yeah your definitely on worn suspension, when i first got my car and decided to race, someone commented at auto x about my massive bodyroll, and on the street my car did just like yours in a race.

I scored a BMR spring set and much newer Bilsteins for my SS from a totaled z28 in my local junkyard.

It dropped the car probably 1.5-2inches (swapped wheels too) and ive gotta say id neeeeever go back to the stock setup unless i was buying everything brand new, and building it for a friend.

The turning response and performance is great, im like you and have spots here in the VA/NC area where id have to go offroad or hit some decent slanted entrance ways. Just be gentle. lol
Lol. Who are the stance guys? It was just a joke as not many people talk down about my car in real life. I would still smile. Lol.

Thanks for info. Maybe one day I'll come around to it.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
i didn't say any of the h/c ls3 cars you ran were slow.....they did beat you.

No reason to be scared tho. But it wouldn't be close at all.
Ok. Well yea by less than a car right? As I could prolly say the same thing as no gap. Also just going from his speeds. Think he'd wanna run again? He's in the crew right?

Someone said he should gap me by five cars. I'd like to see this.

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
Good runs
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by madmike9396
it just takes seat time. what shifter/stick are you using ?
Yea I'm a slow shifter. Pretty sure still stock shifter. Tried a short throw stick but took it off. So say all stock. Lol.

Originally Posted by Mavn
I really would like to see how my transam would do against the 383. I was able to hang with a cammed auto 6g last week . the auto and converter are so much faster than a manual . even tho my manual fbody is the faster one LOL
It'd be cool to run you man. I know you know your stuff. Did you put a rear gear in it? Or what does third pull out to? Your mani car is a beast!

Last edited by SoFla01SSLookinstok; 12-21-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:53 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Lol. Who are the stance guys? It was just a joke as not many people talk down about my car in real life. I would still smile. Lol.

Thanks for info. Maybe one day I'll come around to it.

Ok. Well yea by less than a car right? As I could prolly say the same thing as no gap. Also just going from his speeds. Think he'd wanna run again? He's in the crew right?

Someone said he should gap me by five cars. I'd like to see this.

Thanks man.

Yea I'm a slow shifter. Pretty sure still stock shifter. Tried a short throw stick but took it off. So say all stock. Lol.

It'd be cool to run you man. I know you know your stuff. Did you put a rear gear in it? Or what does third pull out to? Your mani car is a beast!
Yeah man I did gears ! I plan to go to FL2K in 2019 for sure
Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah man I did gears ! I plan to go to FL2K in 2019 for sure
What gears did you throw in? Never been to one of those. I'll check it out & maybe be able to get out there. I'm thinking you'd bring the beast though?
Old 12-22-2018, 12:21 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

What gears did you throw in? Never been to one of those. I'll check it out & maybe be able to get out there. I'm thinking you'd bring the beast though?
3.90'a. Pulls good now ..still needs tweaking but jm getting there. Gotta bring both! It's the only way hahaha
Old 12-22-2018, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

3.90'a. Pulls good now ..still needs tweaking but jm getting there. Gotta bring both! It's the only way hahaha
Nice! That would be awesome. I'll check the event out. Be cool to say what's up.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Cool it's over in Bradenton. Only about 3 hrs or so from me. I'll plan on making the trip.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice! That would be awesome. I'll check the event out. Be cool to say what's up.
Its been a really good turn out and the meets afterwards usually don't disappoint