Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6gen vs 5.0's vs 4th gen

 
Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 PM
  #1  
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,473
Default 6gen vs 5.0's vs 4th gen

Met up with some good people for some fun runs. Had a great time & great runs. To start off, between 4 cars, two meros & two 5.0's, there were really no gaps on good runs. I'd say the most was a car length, at between 140-150, before the end of run. Also Lucille(Leo) was not on full kill mode that day. He had his heavy 19" wheels & street tires on. So pretty much anything under a 40 roll he would be getting sketchy & sliding from spinning. Besides a couple other things as well. The Buster was out & doing real good. His 6gen runs real strong & I don't think he's done at getting faster. I think I was really the only car on a DR. Besides the one black 5.0 who was trying to set up for dig runs. Had a great time. Shot out to Leo & Buster for being cool peeps.


SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:19 PM
  #2  
Teching In
 
lucille2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 0
Default

we had a blast that day and like rick said very good runs overall everyone was impressed how clean and well set up rick's car is , i came out on my daily driving set up initially it was to try it out vs buster to find out the difference a drag set up makes . Hopefully we can do it again before my paxton kit goes in , shout to Rick for agreeing to come and race i tip my hat to you sir . thank you
lucille2018 is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:27 PM
  #3  
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by lucille2018 View Post
we had a blast that day and like rick said very good runs overall everyone was impressed how clean and well set up rick's car is , i came out on my daily driving set up initially it was to try it out vs buster to find out the difference a drag set up makes . Hopefully we can do it again before my paxton kit goes in , shout to Rick for agreeing to come and race i tip my hat to you sir . thank you
Close runs are the best! Had a great time & it was cool how close all our cars were. Appreciate comments sir. Really glad I met you guys. Now time to step up to Carlos' world. Y'all gonna make me spray or something. Lol.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:35 PM
  #4  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,034
Default

Good runs....buster has a long ways to go yet for getting faster. He just toying with yall really.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:32 PM
  #5  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (2)
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phenix City, AL
Posts: 211
Default

Great runs. Seemed that cars was pretty even on clean runs.
ohioborn80 is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 PM
  #6  
8 Second Club
 
islander033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Crossfield, AB
Posts: 154
Default

Good pulls!
islander033 is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:37 PM
  #7  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Pray tune , driveshaft, light weight clutch and dragpack , race brakes Buster would be gapping the bros with ease
OneSlowV is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 07:54 PM
  #8  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,034
Default

Seems i have trained you well....but there's even more to it.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 08:35 PM
  #9  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
UltraZLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanover, Michigan
Posts: 1,253
Default

Fuel. Shorter tire height. Just off the top of my head.

buster needs a cold air scoop and crank pulley too.
UltraZLS1 is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 10:06 PM
  #10  
On The Tree
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 173
Default

Nice runs! I should have my Camaro back in the area in Feb, might have to meet up with you guys, looks like fun!

Yalls comments are ridiculous - All 'x' needs is more hours in labor and thousands of dollars in mods and it will easily beat 'y'!.. No ****!
zz4camaro1980 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 04:22 AM
  #11  
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (27)
 
madmike9396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,013
Default

Looks like the 4th gen driver was making sandwiches between shifts. those were some tight races
madmike9396 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 06:33 AM
  #12  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (2)
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phenix City, AL
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
2017 camaro SS
Rotofab intake
Tsp catless headers
Full E85
Mbrp axleback
Msd manifold ported
Ported ZR1 throttle body
Tuned by Kustomtuning
487/482 dynojet
buster has good mod list going already.

​​​​​​​
ohioborn80 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 08:16 AM
  #13  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,034
Default

Originally Posted by madmike9396 View Post
Looks like the 4th gen driver was making sandwiches between shifts. those were some tight races
lol.....I'm not sure if it's him or the car. But either way it's flopping around like a fish outta water on the shifts.

My guess is it's the car and driver is to dumb to analyze and fix it.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980 View Post
Nice runs! I should have my Camaro back in the area in Feb, might have to meet up with you guys, looks like fun!

Yalls comments are ridiculous - All 'x' needs is more hours in labor and thousands of dollars in mods and it will easily beat 'y'!.. No ****!
Originally Posted by ohioborn80 View Post
buster has good mod list going already.

​​​​​​​
there are some mods more effective than others
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  #14  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980 View Post
Nice runs! I should have my Camaro back in the area in Feb, might have to meet up with you guys, looks like fun!

Yalls comments are ridiculous - All 'x' needs is more hours in labor and thousands of dollars in mods and it will easily beat 'y'!.. No ****!


Your in SRK guy that's all these post ever turn into lol.
Chris25 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 08:56 AM
  #15  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (2)
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phenix City, AL
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
lol.....I'm not sure if it's him or the car. But either way it's flopping around like a fish outta water on the shifts.

My guess is it's the car and driver is to dumb to analyze and fix it.




there are some mods more effective than others
some mods are more effective it's why most bros go boosted because they double power for price of bolt ons. Lol
ohioborn80 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:22 AM
  #16  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,034
Default

Ir it's because they simply cant keep up when you only use the engine to make power.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:23 AM
  #17  
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by madmike9396 View Post
Looks like the 4th gen driver was making sandwiches between shifts. those were some tight races
Lol. I'm obviously not the best/fastest on the shifts. I kept trying to get more turkey & ham lol.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
lol.....I'm not sure if it's him or the car. But either way it's flopping around like a fish outta water on the shifts.

My guess is it's the car and driver is to dumb to analyze and fix it.
It's ok you can blame it all on me. The front end does jump around. That's 17 year old shocks & springs for ya with some hp. Still rides great though.

I've thought about things. Hey that's stock for ya. Nothing is broken lol.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:32 AM
  #18  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
Lol. I'm obviously not the best/fastest on the shifts. I kept trying to get more turkey & ham lol.



It's ok you can blame it all on me. The front end does jump around. That's 17 year old shocks & springs for ya with some hp. Still rides great though.

I've thought about things. Hey that's stock for ya. Nothing is broken lol.
Time to swap in some Konis and Springs. I really liked the BMR springs I had on my Formula or Stranos.
Chris25 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:41 AM
  #19  
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Time to swap in some Konis and Springs. I really liked the BMR springs I had on my Formula or Stranos.
It would def help with keeping the car down & look better. But even with the stock ride height there are places I know to stay away from. If lowered I bet the headers/exhaust would start to get dents from contact. If I see a lowered f-body I always look under car. Usually always see dented headers/exhaust & scrape marks all over. Really don't want that. Trying to keep her nice.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:44 AM
  #20  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
It would def help with keeping the car down & look better. But even with the stock ride height there are places I know to stay away from. If lowered I bet the headers/exhaust would start to get dents from contact. If I see a lowered f-body I always look under car. Usually always see dented headers/exhaust & scrape marks all over. Really don't want that. Trying to keep her nice.
I was lowered on the BMR springs with SE 1 7/8 headers and TSP true duals dumped before the axle I would rarely scrape just takes some time to get the exhaust tucked up nice and neat.
Chris25 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: