Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Lancer Evolution Kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default My Lancer Evolution Kill

I was coming home from the movies with some friends tonight. We were in my buddies automatic gt mustang convertible, all he has done is a flowdisaster catback, catted h pipe and a cold air intake so basically its slow as dog nuts. but this evolution was beside us, completely dericed. I gave himt eh thumbs up and we pulled off at the light and my buddy is a bit misinformed about what a turbo 4 cylinder can do. (atleast to a auto gt), and i hear the turbo spool up and he goes past us pretty easily.

So at the next stop light we hit, i told him to meet me at the local sheetz if he wanted to talk and perhaps run something that mght give him a challenge. So i had my buddy drop me off and i picke dup the z and met him at the sheetz and he asked what i had done to it so i showed him, looked at his, finally a guy with an import that knows what he is doing with mods. he had a great sounding exhaust, no fart can or anything...really cool guy.

SO we went out for some fun, but it was limited to two kind of short runs. first one off the line, he wouldn't rev up to get the turbos spoolign so i beat the **** out of him off thel ine but when i shifted into second he caught up and was at the rear of my passenger door, then i went into third and i pulled very hard on him, got about a car and a half to 2 cars on him and shut down. so we pulled a U turn at teh next light and this time from a roll, i ******* demolished him. He was a pretty good driver, I am not too good, still getting the hang of it. but still got him by 3 cars. at about 47 i put it into second so i think that had alot to do with why i pulled on him so hard.

so we met back up at sheetz, exchanged props where props should be given and i told him ina bout 2 more weeks id have the new NX wet kit put in and if he wanted to go for a spin to give me a call. very cool.

So I can't bash on the 4 banger this time, very respectable runs imo. I think if he got the tubor spooled up on the launch it would have been even closer on the first run.

so that was my night, oh btw go see Anchor Man, that **** is hilarious!
T
Old 07-10-2004 | 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Nice thats amazing, most Evo's think they are unstoppable hear, ever since one beat a stock Z06, with a 16 year old driver who put 20's on it. One yellow one rolled around with "Warning Surgeon Generals warning: Kills V8's" or something, until it was destroyed by a V8, but thats sweet you found a good run with a import. Congrats. Nice kill.
Old 07-12-2004 | 07:29 AM
STF Veteran

Sounds like cool guy and a few good kills. After all the recent bullshit with the SRT tools, it's good to know there's still some cool 4 banger guys out there.
Old 07-14-2004 | 03:14 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Nice kills on the cool Evo driver. He must have clutch anxiety.
Old 07-14-2004 | 06:25 AM
STF Veteran

Nice kill! It's nice to hear about someone with a car like that that isn't dumb as a stump.
Old 07-15-2004 | 08:08 AM
formerly BlacKSS2oo2 (9-20-2012)

Evo's are all wheel drive and only have one turbo Wait I think I know to much about those **** mobile's. That's kewl that you beat him from a dig, normally, they stop *** from 0 to 60 then fall on there faces..A buddy of mine has one with a bunch of mod's and he runs 12.30's all day long. Still hate them tho
Old 07-17-2004 | 02:22 PM
Banned

cool n there are other cool 4 bangers out there too. but i admit ls1 over any four banger right now except the sti well atleast 1/4 mile. top end my srt would romp the sti or evo. actually right now i can take a stock ls1 but remember i said stock.
Old 07-28-2004 | 08:56 PM
Teching In

Good kill. Nice to see everyone respectable to each other.
Old 07-29-2004 | 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlacKSS2oo2
Evo's are all wheel drive and only have one turbo Wait I think I know to much about those **** mobile's. That's kewl that you beat him from a dig, normally, they stop *** from 0 to 60 then fall on there faces..A buddy of mine has one with a bunch of mod's and he runs 12.30's all day long. Still hate them tho

yeah i just noticed my type-o just now. Turbo, not turbos. This guy was pretty intelligible, I was even waiting for him to spool it up, and he just sat there at idle. when he finally spooled up, those things pick up speed pretty damn quickly. With the right driver, and the right mods (none of this ricer aluminum wing and zero-side wall tires bullshit), its a very respectable car. But lemme tell you i was ready for the ricer bull ****. When i told him the nitrous kit was coming he just said "Christ".

Sunday I'm actually gonna go hang out with this dude and some of his buddies. Perhaps learn a little more about 4 cylinders and turbos. Oh, and the NX kit goes on friday and the cam goes in saturday
Old 07-29-2004 | 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

I thought you were going to say you beat him in the auto vert gt with people in the car. I was about to break my foot off'n your ***.
Old 07-29-2004 | 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ooh no lol, that thing has a difficult time beating vtech hondas and **** with people in the car. it really does look nice but jesus, its all dick no *****, sounds mean, like every mustang does, but has nothign to show for it.