Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Amag fatness vs some stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019 | 07:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneSlowV

Lack of fueling and ring gap is what kills the lt1 . Other than that they are great motors you can make more NA safety than with just boost . They can runs 9s heads/cam and we are just now seeing aftermarket heads for them 😎
i understand they run well NA. They still aren’t a stronger motor than the Gen 2 coyote + stuff. That they respond well to a NA mods is another topic, and I agree. They do close to 600 wheel fairly simple NA.
Old 01-25-2019 | 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlkMach1

i understand they run well NA. They still aren’t a stronger motor than the Gen 2 coyote + stuff. That they respond well to a NA mods is another topic, and I agree. They do close to 600 wheel fairly simple NA.
Chevy also didn't have to revise the engine like furd did with the Gen 1 coyote stuff. Who knows maybe they will on the 2020 model and this argument will be moot.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:00 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A well set up ls isn't going to lose to a coyote.....if you don't believe me go run bambi.
Now LS needs boost to be proper????

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
....Well in hiho dream land this may be true. How bout you find a P1-SC 5th gen to run with a TT coyote? Ooops no advantage to GM. Lol.
He wouldn't want a fair race.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
...Mac and islander does the lying here you stupid ****. Take this for example......they will tell you your car runs good. Makes you all happy eehhh? Now that coming from a furd guy on hos 3rd blower who hasn't left the 10s with a weight reduced 2 power adder gt100 on race brakes that's supposedely heavier than autodumb full weigh car with a ice take in the back...
- I like Rick's car, it does what he wants it to do and he has fun with it. Only Hiollary could have an issue with that.
-3rd blower? Are you buying me one? Yes!
- It's only one power adder when it shares a common tube. Hiollary recently made this rule, not sure how she learnt to count.
-WhiteWhale® has been waaaay faster than Hiollary blower only, even with ~1000lbs more than her. Ouch
-Could you imagine how fat it would be without any WR? lol

Woahhhhhh the anger is real bro. LMAO. You doing a great pumping this up from the sideline like you did DB. Iosef said last week I believe that he's dealing with some potential head lifting issues. No one is dodging no one, you old hag.

Keep it up. We know you're more like a chihuahua than anyone here. Lots of bark online and at the track meet you were a very well behaved and well mannered little girl.
Is DB still ducking you?
Wonder why Bambi car is lifting heads if there is lots left in it???

Hiollary was well behaved and quiet at 420. Sent my buddy (that was at 420) a SS of how Hiollary acts on here. He was blown away and said.. "that lil quiet guy was nothing like that in person". LOLOL
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris25
Chevy also didn't have to revise the engine like furd did with the Gen 1 coyote stuff. Who knows maybe they will on the 2020 model and this argument will be moot.
well ford didn’t erase the mustang from earth like GM did the Camaro in 2002. Who cares what was changed and when? LT1 isn’t as strong as Gen 2 or Gen 3 coyote. LT1 is about on par with strength of gen 1 coyote that came out in 2010, a couple years before the LT1

Last edited by BlkMach1; 01-25-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033
Now LS needs boost to be proper????

He wouldn't want a fair race.

- I like Rick's car, it does what he wants it to do and he has fun with it. Only Hiollary could have an issue with that.
-3rd blower? Are you buying me one? Yes!
- It's only one power adder when it shares a common tube. Hiollary recently made this rule, not sure how she learnt to count.
-WhiteWhale® has been waaaay faster than Hiollary blower only, even with ~1000lbs more than her. Ouch
-Could you imagine how fat it would be without any WR? lol

Is DB still ducking you?
Wonder why Bambi car is lifting heads if there is lots left in it???

Hiollary was well behaved and quiet at 420. Sent my buddy (that was at 420) a SS of how Hiollary acts on here. He was blown away and said.. "that lil quiet guy was nothing like that in person". LOLOL

LOL at lil quiet guy. I have no idea where that man is. He’s been missing since Jun2018, his poor fan must be heartbroken.

I’ve ran a P1sc 5gen at same boost as me, while he has cam and E85 and I’m unopened motor and pump gas. Wasn’t close...poor poor hiollary.

Old 01-25-2019 | 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I met MM once & he said he was cool in person. The thing is it's a lot easier to type lies than to say them to a persons face. About hihos criticism? It means as much of a load of dog **** to me. I find it amusing. Never has anyone ever said my car runs like **** in real life. I usually get compliments. If anyone ever did talk **** about how my car ran I'd love to run them. **** it may be some fast bolt on car right? Let's do it!
Same here, no one ever told me in person that my car ran like ****, I only received compliments. But I also ran with and beat some n2o and supercharged LS cars and obliterated a couple supercharged 2v and 4v mustangs. I do know those cars were not setup very well also. But still, my car did have some pretty crappy bolt-on's and poorly selected internal parts that definitely hindered performance quite a bit. I just didn't get around to making more improvements before I was offered more than enough to sell it. I'm sure the same goes for your car (as well as pretty much any car out there), there are things that can be improved upon and changed to make it faster. But the car is what you want it to be and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

well ford didn’t erase the mustang from earth like GM did the Camaro in 2002. Who cares what was changed and when? LT1 isn’t as strong as Gen 2 or Gen 3 coyote. LT1 is about on par with strength of gen 1 coyote that came out in 2010, a couple years before the LT1
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the changes from gen 1 to gen 2 coyotes a basically forged bottom end ?
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:31 AM
Teching In

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the changes from gen 1 to gen 2 coyotes a basically forged bottom end ?

google it friend. Still dont change the fact that LT1 is not as strong as Gen 2+ coyote. Anyone who thinks so it’s once denial.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:32 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Are you upset that Ford isn't scarred to make improvements during a generation and GM shys away from it?

Look at S197 GT100. 4 different motor setups and 3 style changes.

This really is how you keep the public interested in a platform and sell lots of units. IMO
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Are you upset that Ford isn't scarred to make improvements during a generation and GM shys away from it?

Look at S197 GT100. 4 different motor setups and 3 style changes.

This really is how you keep the public interested in a platform and sell lots of units. IMO
Actually what I'm getting at is the opposite what I'm saying is let's see if GM makes revisions to lt platform for 2020 making the argument moot.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

google it friend. Still dont change the fact that LT1 is not as strong as Gen 2+ coyote. Anyone who thinks so it’s once denial.
Lol jeez man learn to read I'm not denying the lt1 needs help mainly ring gapping to compete with boost vs the coyote. I'm just saying let's see if Chevy like Ford makes some changes. Don't get all in your feels over the lt1....
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:55 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Actually what I'm getting at is the opposite what I'm saying is let's see if GM makes revisions to lt platform for 2020 making the argument moot.
Ok. Say what you mean then.

PS. Camero needs to do something. Being 3 place isn't the best way to make cash for the platform to improve.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Ok. Say what you mean then.

PS. Camero needs to do something. Being 3 place isn't the best way to make cash for the platform to improve.
I've read some rumors of a budget v8 version being announced for 2020 probably to help with sales possibly a stripper model so it's a wait and see thing I guess.
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

The price and that ugly front end is not helping sales...
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

2019 camaro is ugly really the only new car to get would be a 392 no issues with them . On the 2018 5.0 and up to many issues with motors and can’t keep the trans together unless you wanna roll the dice .
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Same here, no one ever told me in person that my car ran like ****, I only received compliments. But I also ran with and beat some n2o and supercharged LS cars and obliterated a couple supercharged 2v and 4v mustangs. I do know those cars were not setup very well also. But still, my car did have some pretty crappy bolt-on's and poorly selected internal parts that definitely hindered performance quite a bit. I just didn't get around to making more improvements before I was offered more than enough to sell it. I'm sure the same goes for your car (as well as pretty much any car out there), there are things that can be improved upon and changed to make it faster. But the car is what you want it to be and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
And really I wouldn't mind if someone criticized my car in person. I'd love to hear what they have to say. Ahh so you sold the car before making changes? My car is nowhere near a max effort setup. Ever since I had the motor installed there have been upgrades to the car. Porting intake manifold, 3" dumped exhaust, vacuum pump, 2" headers, Turn-one P/S pump, EWP.

Also knowing my car runs poor at the track. I don't understand how people don't read the slip a little better. So guys running low elevens or a ten say trap between 124-127. But they have 1/8 mile speeds in usually high 90s. As on my most recent slip it's a 92mph 1/8 to a 121mph 1/4. Guys like hiho just stuck on the 1/4 trap. I'm not going to say my car traps this or that because I don't know. But I do know it would be faster 1/4 trap with a higher 1/8 trap. I don't like saying my car is slow because that's like saying people I race are slow. I respect others cars.
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

They weren’t built for boost the amount of money is crazy how much it cost for a good fuel system if you go all out after rods/pistons . Though it will take 1000 hp no problem after that . Heads/cam on one make over 600 rwhp and run 9s close to 140 is more than enough for me .
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

2019 camaro is ugly really the only new car to get would be a 392 no issues with them . On the 2018 5.0 and up to many issues with motors and can’t keep the trans together unless you wanna roll the dice .
Or you could buy a gt350 and hope the motor don't seize all the while driving around putting a quart of oil in it at every stop light lol voooooooooodoookie
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Or you could buy a gt350 and hope the motor don't seize all the while driving around putting a quart of oil in it at every stop light lol voooooooooodoookie
I will say seeing them in person and hearing one id rock it . I think it’s one of the best looking cars on the road. But I just don’t want a car that not reliable lol .
Old 01-25-2019 | 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

I will say seeing them in person and hearing one id rock it . I think it’s one of the best looking cars on the road. But I just don’t want a car that not reliable lol .
Better buy the ESP plan lol