Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 07:00 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Should have been good for 550whp

Hey, just got into a “talk” (rather loud) with the wife about another C6Z - she listens to Dave Ramsey all the time. Wants to save every dollar until we’re 70 then we’ll be millionaires- and too old to do a damn thing.

Theres a balance - in life

I pay student loans for her p/t job then pay 75% of remaining bills.

Women

Looks like the 5.0 will end up runnng 8’s

Of course our of spite for my wife now

I know, I know - TMI

Too much whisky on a Sunday (Thank you Jesus) - Amen
hahahaha...nice!
The following users liked this post:
JayplaySS (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I may pick up another C6Z

But it won’t run 8’s

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1852/overview/
I it's not like you gonna run 8s with your 5br0 either.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Good. Hope it stays together

The motor noises have been labeled from anything from valve train ticks, piston slap, direct injection type ticks, charge motion plates rattling and so on. As of about early 2018 when the new 3rd gen 5.0L cars started to come through local shops and dealers here, even while still entirely stock; you could hear some of these various ticks and noises on several of them. Some of them had what clearly sounded like a old school collapsed lifter type tick coming from the top of the motor, some had what clearly sounded like piston rattle/slap under very light load while motor temps were still cold. Some of these noisy 5.0Ls had gone back to the dealer for fixes while under warranty only to get the car back with no clear answers as to what fixed it, and some even received new motors (under warranty) only to have the ticks or noises return shortly afterwards. So far there has been no definitive word or explanation on what is going on or what is being done (if any) for a permanent fix. Then again there are others that are quiet, others that make racket and run single digits. Very odd.

More ammo for Hio

https://ls1tech.com/articles/ls-dest...UpwsRNbZVDEK_U
That was a thorough *** kicking right there. Na, $ spent, both boosted properly the ls just hands mods/5br0s their *** on a platter.

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Similar to a LS, The Coyote's oil pump is bolted to the block and crank driven...so it's located behind the timing cover and you are opening up the engine to gain access. However, the amount of work involved in order to swap those gears compared to a LS( which sounds relatively simple), I could probably do H/C/I swap on a LS. So please explain to me how you can rationalize a billet OPG being a mod that doesn't alter the engine from being SBE? My opinion is, if you open up the engine on either platform by removing any of the covers and changing any of the factory parts behind those covers, then the engine is no longer truly SLB or SBE.

Nope I haven't. It's not proper according to SRK standards anyway. It needs drag pack, seats pulled, race brakes, race seat, custom ram air, light battery, rear spoiler removed, lexan windows, short belt, and rockers...then it might be getting close.
Lolz.....my **** was a long way from proper by those rules.

Originally Posted by snake95
Hio probz removed the oil as WR on those old motors of his.
Nah......but if you're really on top of things that is a strategy for some.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Going a step further with my custom otr cai

the bow tie is directly in the way and will limit airflow quite a bit. Found this badgeless grill for 80 bucks and think they look fine without the bow tie . Thought about doing the flowtie grill but they want 400 bucks. Not paying that

Looks good. I made my own flow tie on my 2500hd.

I keep seeing you guys talk about an LS7

What were the details? Hio had an LS7?
I had the ls7 for years. It was in parts when i acquired it. Basic freshen up the bottom end but the heads were brand new. As a true car guy and not one that waits for the next greatest thang constantly i was having plenty of fun with the ls6. So i was in no hurry to put the ls7 in. I figured however i refined the car with the ls6 would just make the ls7 in the car that much better.
Originally Posted by Chris25
I think it was in the old BS thread but long story short HIO had been hyping an ls7 he had sitting to the side his ls6 popped and went to swap the ls7 in and it popped ........ Condensed version.
The ls6 didn't blow up. I bent 3 valves testing a load cell ignition cut. I fixed those 3 valves and it was fine. Probably shoulda put new lifters in it in hid sight while the heads were off.

Originally Posted by 6gmarc
Duggeh has had quite the bad luck with motors. Call him Slobr0.

Don’t wish it on anyone
Idk how bad of luck can it be when i beat the tar out of the ls6 for 90k miles.

I don't even mention other people's bad luck......especially over and over.

Damn that’s rough luck

Must have cost a few dollars, too bad.

LS7 Camaro is a wonderful thing -

No need for him to be mad

Did he refresh it?
Idk what happened to the ls7 as it is still in the car. I starts and runs fine. But if you put water in the rad it mixes with the oil. My guess is a unknown issue with the block. On first start it was fine. It made pressure....ran for nearly 1hr in the shop. Started it for a few guys on here when they showed up at my house from here for a little get together weekend for a rental. Next day went out to check it out and the water level was a bit low. Nothing strange on a fresh start up about that but i did notice the oil was a little high....nothing drastic just slightly. Didn't think much of it.

Backed it out the shop and i can coast down my rode to the main road. Took off at the stop sign and i noticed the temp was up. By temp being up on that car I'm talking 210....i had only got up to speed so far so i pulled off the road to check it. Ewp wasn't working right so i got it goin. Turned around to address the ewp issue better and noticed it didnt cool down. So i pulled over and squeezed the hose and it didn't have any pressure. So i turned it off, checked the oil and was like ffffuuuuccckkkk.

I wasn't gonna put the ls6 back in w/o a rebuild. No use in putting a 90k mile engine in that was only gonna get ran harder imo. So a mild freshen with some upgrades should make it a even stouter piece.

Originally Posted by islander033
The LS7 makes milk shakes with some sort of fluid..... ?
She's had a rough run on motors in that camero. Karma can be a bitch I guess.

I'm sure she'll chime in on how the LS7 came to her possession. (IIRC, it was given to her when she was a pro tire changer for a race car team.)
Stock refreshed LS7, she put it in her camero after the LS6 ate itself on a money shift. The LS7 lasted a few hours before it started making milk shakes.

INB4Hiollary shows up mad.....
Remember all the years of **** talk about how fast she was gonna be when she finally drops the "7" in the camero? oh boy

Note: this "7" was FBO when she dropped it in too. So who knows what she did to the motor internally.....
Ima give you this warning right now. The best thing you can do for yourself is stop mentioning anything to do with me.

All you are is a pos bitch. I don't like you and there is no reason for us to converse. Best thing you can do is forget about me. I didn't tell you what a pos i think you are the first time i met you....because you didn't act like you do on here. I will if there's ever a next tho.

In order for there to be a karma's a bitch stated by your dumbass i woukd have to make fun of/revel/keep mentioning others engine issues. I don't......not even yours. You stupid **** faced bitch. That alone shows the ****** dumbass thought process you have.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:48 PM
7 Second Club

Looks like I was in before Hiollary showed up mad.

I was right! yay
Old 07-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Damn DD found the spot...
Old 07-21-2019, 07:57 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Damn DD found the spot...
That might be a new high score....
Old 07-21-2019, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

He's a bitch.....sick of hearing his bitch mouth. Same old stupud **** out if his stank **** mouth.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Man the jealousy here over dug is reaching atomic levels
Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I love the adjectives used when rug discusses his own ****. "Mild refresh" aka some **** you'd call full zoot ***** to the wall max effort SBE rebuild if the motor belongs to someone who frequently makes you super pissed off with facts I bet if he ever sprayed it, it would be "mild nitrous that doesn't have the same hit as full on nitrous."

And WOW islander broke the rug mad-o-meter this time! That karma comment really hit the bone.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I it's not like you gonna run 8s with your 5br0 either.

That was a thorough *** kicking right there. Na, $ spent, both boosted properly the ls just hands mods/5br0s their *** on a platter.

Lolz.....my **** was a long way from proper by those rules.

Nah......but if you're really on top of things that is a strategy for some.

Looks good. I made my own flow tie on my 2500hd.

I had the ls7 for years. It was in parts when i acquired it. Basic freshen up the bottom end but the heads were brand new. As a true car guy and not one that waits for the next greatest thang constantly i was having plenty of fun with the ls6. So i was in no hurry to put the ls7 in. I figured however i refined the car with the ls6 would just make the ls7 in the car that much better.

The ls6 didn't blow up. I bent 3 valves testing a load cell ignition cut. I fixed those 3 valves and it was fine. Probably shoulda put new lifters in it in hid sight while the heads were off.

Idk how bad of luck can it be when i beat the tar out of the ls6 for 90k miles.

I don't even mention other people's bad luck......especially over and over.

Idk what happened to the ls7 as it is still in the car. I starts and runs fine. But if you put water in the rad it mixes with the oil. My guess is a unknown issue with the block. On first start it was fine. It made pressure....ran for nearly 1hr in the shop. Started it for a few guys on here when they showed up at my house from here for a little get together weekend for a rental. Next day went out to check it out and the water level was a bit low. Nothing strange on a fresh start up about that but i did notice the oil was a little high....nothing drastic just slightly. Didn't think much of it.

Backed it out the shop and i can coast down my rode to the main road. Took off at the stop sign and i noticed the temp was up. By temp being up on that car I'm talking 210....i had only got up to speed so far so i pulled off the road to check it. Ewp wasn't working right so i got it goin. Turned around to address the ewp issue better and noticed it didnt cool down. So i pulled over and squeezed the hose and it didn't have any pressure. So i turned it off, checked the oil and was like ffffuuuuccckkkk.

I wasn't gonna put the ls6 back in w/o a rebuild. No use in putting a 90k mile engine in that was only gonna get ran harder imo. So a mild freshen with some upgrades should make it a even stouter piece.

Ima give you this warning right now. The best thing you can do for yourself is stop mentioning anything to do with me.

All you are is a pos bitch. I don't like you and there is no reason for us to converse. Best thing you can do is forget about me. I didn't tell you what a pos i think you are the first time i met you....because you didn't act like you do on here. I will if there's ever a next tho.

In order for there to be a karma's a bitch stated by your dumbass i woukd have to make fun of/revel/keep mentioning others engine issues. I don't......not even yours. You stupid **** faced bitch. That alone shows the ****** dumbass thought process you have.
You made fun of me for weeks because I bought a car with an “unforeseeable” issue..
Old 07-21-2019, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I love the adjectives used when rug discusses his own ****. "Mild refresh" aka some **** you'd call full zoot ***** to the wall max effort SBE rebuild if the motor belongs to someone who frequently makes you super pissed off with facts I bet if he ever sprayed it, it would be "mild nitrous that doesn't have the same hit as full on nitrous."

And WOW islander broke the rug mad-o-meter this time! That karma comment really hit the bone.
Rug lol someone is typing angry
Old 07-21-2019, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
He's a bitch.....sick of hearing his bitch mouth. Same old stupud **** out if his stank **** mouth.
Yah but now they know they get to you so it ain't going to get any better..... Just got to shake it off but in all fairness man you get what you give sometimes just keep that in mind ya know. I talk my fair share of **** so I don't take it to heart when I get it back.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:31 PM
7 Second Club

Yah but now they know they get to you so it ain't going to get any better..... Just got to shake it off but in all fairness man you get what you give sometimes just keep that in mind ya know. I talk my fair share of **** so I don't take it to heart when I get it back.
Karma got to her in more ways than one.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
You made fun of me for weeks because I bought a car with an “unforeseeable” issue..
Wait you actually owned a car. Well damm
Old 07-21-2019, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Karma got to her in more ways than one.
Yah It always has a way of coming back.... But in all honesty man Hio is a good dude I know he talks allot of **** on here but he's always been extremely helpful with any build questions and genuinely knows his **** when it comes to LS motors but I get the way he calls people's builds out tends to rub people the wrong way.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:37 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

So I’m going to be the only one turning 8’s at 160+ in here?

Stock OPG’s too
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Stock OPG’s too
Ain't islander running 8s
Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 PM
7 Second Club

Yah It always has a way of coming back.... But in all honesty man Hio is a good dude I know he talks allot of **** on here but he's always been extremely helpful with any build questions and genuinely knows his **** when it comes to LS motors but I get the way he calls people's builds out tends to rub people the wrong way.
She's the last person I'd ever ask advice from. It's like looking for a tooner, If your toon guy isn't faster than you, keep looking.

PS. My slow car, on it's first day out, with no traction and a trans that wouldn't shift for ****....... went about 1 second faster than her fast car has ever gone in 20 years of modding. LOL

Stock OPG’s too
Yes!
Old 07-21-2019, 08:48 PM
7 Second Club

Ain't islander running 8s
Big difference between low and high 8s.....but you know this.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Islander running stock coyote times with his co owner race car
Chris25 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Big difference between low and high 8s.....but you know this.
Lol I'm sure he can see your sig.
JayplaySS (07-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019