Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Islander running stock coyote times with his co owner race car
Actually coyotah has been waaaay faster than my team car. hahaha
Old 07-21-2019, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go drive one off the dealer lot and runs 8s........ Sheesh doing it all wrong lol
Old 07-21-2019, 08:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go drive one off the dealer lot and runs 8s........ Sheesh doing it all wrong lol
Hahah....one would think. I like doing it the hard way I guess. Geeeeze
Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Man the jealousy here over dug is reaching atomic levels
Troof

Originally Posted by snake95
I love the adjectives used when rug discusses his own ****. "Mild refresh" aka some **** you'd call full zoot ***** to the wall max effort SBE rebuild if the motor belongs to someone who frequently makes you super pissed off with facts I bet if he ever sprayed it, it would be "mild nitrous that doesn't have the same hit as full on nitrous."

And WOW islander broke the rug mad-o-meter this time! That karma comment really hit the bone.
Has stock rods, the pistons actually create less compression. How is that not mild? It's certainly not the max effort aftermarket headed monster you have that you're afraid to make a pass with .....and those are real fact. Not the dem ones like your dumbass uses.

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
You made fun of me for weeks because I bought a car with an “unforeseeable” issue..
I made fun of your dumbass not because you had a failure. But because your dumbass was stupid enough to buy someone elses problem instead of getting a decent car and walking your way through bolt ons to figure them out. You still don6know anymore than you knew the day you bought that pos. You still have yet to do anything at all. Your dumbass still has yet to figure out why i broke you down like a shot gun......you just like it i guess.

Yah but now they know they get to you so it ain't going to get any better..... Just got to shake it off but in all fairness man you get what you give sometimes just keep that in mind ya know. I talk my fair share of **** so I don't take it to heart when I get it back.
Actually i get to them. They're the ones that chase me around tech. I don't even go in they're threads. I left they're tip touching queer chat because it'sthe same stupid **** you see in here....so they followed me back here.

Karma got to her in more ways than one.
Karma is coming your way.

Wait you actually owned a car. Well damm
He did for like 6 min.

Yah It always has a way of coming back.... But in all honesty man Hio is a good dude I know he talks allot of **** on here but he's always been extremely helpful with any build questions and genuinely knows his **** when it comes to LS motors but I get the way he calls people's builds out tends to rub people the wrong way.
Thanks. ....but why would telling someone they did something wrong rub anyone the wrong way? Don't attach feelings to parts. They're meant to evolve and be changed

A couple pages ago jay was praising being able to tell what mods did what because of the research.......that's all ive been doing. This **** has always been pretty basic. There has always been a right or wrong way of doing it.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
So I’m going to be the only one turning 8’s at 160+ in here?

Stock OPG’s too
#in4jayrunning8s
The following users liked this post:
JayplaySS (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

You know I’m just ******* around right.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:12 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
You know I’m just ******* around right.
Yes I do.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:15 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
.......Karma is coming your way.....
Is it 5ft4 with grade 7?
Old 07-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Lol I'm sure he can see your sig.
Yes sir just stirring the pot trying to calm things down
Old 07-21-2019, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I it's not like you gonna run 8s with your 5br0 either.

That was a thorough *** kicking right there. Na, $ spent, both boosted properly the ls just hands mods/5br0s their *** on a platter.

Lolz.....my **** was a long way from proper by those rules.

Nah......but if you're really on top of things that is a strategy for some.

Looks good. I made my own flow tie on my 2500hd.

I had the ls7 for years. It was in parts when i acquired it. Basic freshen up the bottom end but the heads were brand new. As a true car guy and not one that waits for the next greatest thang constantly i was having plenty of fun with the ls6. So i was in no hurry to put the ls7 in. I figured however i refined the car with the ls6 would just make the ls7 in the car that much better.

The ls6 didn't blow up. I bent 3 valves testing a load cell ignition cut. I fixed those 3 valves and it was fine. Probably shoulda put new lifters in it in hid sight while the heads were off.

Idk how bad of luck can it be when i beat the tar out of the ls6 for 90k miles.

I don't even mention other people's bad luck......especially over and over.

Idk what happened to the ls7 as it is still in the car. I starts and runs fine. But if you put water in the rad it mixes with the oil. My guess is a unknown issue with the block. On first start it was fine. It made pressure....ran for nearly 1hr in the shop. Started it for a few guys on here when they showed up at my house from here for a little get together weekend for a rental. Next day went out to check it out and the water level was a bit low. Nothing strange on a fresh start up about that but i did notice the oil was a little high....nothing drastic just slightly. Didn't think much of it.

Backed it out the shop and i can coast down my rode to the main road. Took off at the stop sign and i noticed the temp was up. By temp being up on that car I'm talking 210....i had only got up to speed so far so i pulled off the road to check it. Ewp wasn't working right so i got it goin. Turned around to address the ewp issue better and noticed it didnt cool down. So i pulled over and squeezed the hose and it didn't have any pressure. So i turned it off, checked the oil and was like ffffuuuuccckkkk.

I wasn't gonna put the ls6 back in w/o a rebuild. No use in putting a 90k mile engine in that was only gonna get ran harder imo. So a mild freshen with some upgrades should make it a even stouter piece.

Ima give you this warning right now. The best thing you can do for yourself is stop mentioning anything to do with me.

All you are is a pos bitch. I don't like you and there is no reason for us to converse. Best thing you can do is forget about me. I didn't tell you what a pos i think you are the first time i met you....because you didn't act like you do on here. I will if there's ever a next tho.

In order for there to be a karma's a bitch stated by your dumbass i woukd have to make fun of/revel/keep mentioning others engine issues. I don't......not even yours. You stupid **** faced bitch. That alone shows the ****** dumbass thought process you have.
Did you use your new booster seat when typing this out at your computer desk or? And I just wanted to bring this back up bc it's hilarious!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Looks like just another post by your dumbass that makes no sense.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Rug lol someone is typing angry
Keep up fren, rug is what I've been calling him for like a week or more now. Words are hard mkay!
Old 07-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah rug all I hear is blah blah blah I'm rebuilding the bottom end but want to make it sound like it's nothing.

Now your mods make less power than before Are you a Nissan guy or a chevy guy?
Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Were you running 18 intake? It mentions intake on YouTube. What headers? Converter? Thank you
No, the 18 wasn't out yet. Had GT350 IM, Pypes stepped 1 7/8 headers into catted mid. SW catback from there. Converter was Circle D 5C. Lund Tuning by Jon II.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Wheres that guy who said no one in here has gone faster than him in a bolt on 5.0???? Quicker and faster! Nice poppa
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
I'm right here. You clearly havent been paying attention. You notice he didnt quote me for a reason right? Ask him if his car had OPG and crank gears. Go ahead.

Is OPGs bolt ons now? I'm proving the point of you guys hypocrisy very well here lol thanks.
I am unsure where you think OPG and CG would add ANY power or performance to a bolton car. Hell, it wouldn't do anything performance wise for a boosted one either. I added the OPG and TG because I was planning to go turbo and was prepping things.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Note the C8 at the unveiling was a Z51 which has a lot more upgrades then Z51's on previous generations. It's no longer just a handling package. You get more power, suspension, wheel/tire, interior upgrades...etc. the car everybody is seeing is actually going to be a lot more money then the sub 60k price they are talking about for a base C8. Not saying the C8 isn't a bargain for the base price but it would of been nice if the Z51 price was mentioned at the unveiling. My guess is the Z51 is 75k + still not bad for what you are getting but I believe people have that 60k price and the red Z51 car in their minds.
The Z51 does not get added power. Just the better gearing(as it is on C7s with base gearing at 2.41 vs2.73 for Z51/GS). Mid 70s for a Z51 is pretty much close to what the C7s Z51s were. GS will be in same realm... I MAY jump on a GS

So if Poppa would have switched stock OPGs back on, then it would have been legit?
My car would have ran the EXACT same times with bone stock OPG/TG. It's not even a valid argument. Pre-planning for future boost and had mechanic put them on while car was in his shop when I did the exhaust etc.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
The Z51 does not get added power. Just the better gearing(as it is on C7s with base gearing at 2.41 vs2.73 for Z51/GS). Mid 70s for a Z51 is pretty much close to what the C7s Z51s were. GS will be in same realm... I MAY jump on a GS

My car would have ran the EXACT same times with bone stock OPG/TG. It's not even a valid argument. Pre-planning for future boost and had mechanic put them on while car was in his shop when I did the exhaust etc.
True but I think the argument was more once something that touches oil has been swapped it's no longer bolt on regardless of performance value. But I guess the same could be said for a trunnion upgrade since they are similar mods.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:55 AM
10 Second Club

Keep up fren, rug is what I've been calling him for like a week or more now. Words are hard mkay!
Yea....so original. So creative......if you're a retard.

Yeah rug all I hear is blah blah blah I'm rebuilding the bottom end but want to make it sound like it's nothing.

Now your mods make less power than before Are you a Nissan guy or a chevy guy?
Yea.....kinda like this guy i know that changed his cam then never ran again. Just a bunch of blah blah blah.

Meanwhile the gap only widened from his mustang to mine. True ****** starry right ttthhheeerrrr

No, the 18 wasn't out yet. Had GT350 IM, Pypes stepped 1 7/8 headers into catted mid. SW catback from there. Converter was Circle D 5C. Lund Tuning by Jon II.

Thank you sir

I am unsure where you think OPG and CG would add ANY power or performance to a bolton car. Hell, it wouldn't do anything performance wise for a boosted one either. I added the OPG and TG because I was planning to go turbo and was prepping things.
I know what your saying. That 4whp from rockers that i got didn't do anything either.

Nuffin does nuffin

Here's the deal. If no one wants anything to change that touches oil then NOTHING changes. No cam timing changes....no opg changes.....no rocker changes. Nothing.

Now you open that pandora's box and it's on. 5br0s swing cams.....i change rockers. 5br0s change opg......i do crank scraper. Seems fair right. It's much simpler if no one eff's with anything in the motor. But furd guys are liberals on their mods and conservatives on gm mods.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:32 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

For engine knowledge and expertise please contact Hio.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Article I read says Z51 gets 495hp vs the the base Stingray 490hp. I believe the C7 base Stingray was 455hp and the Z51 and GS were 460hp.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 07-22-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just a lurker that's been here a while, but I have an '18 A10 GT with 17k miles on it and that motor is a ticking machine lol. It is horrible after a fresh oil change and then will quiet down, some, until the next oil change. I don't worry about the ticking because the car runs strong to me and the A10 is still shifting really nicely. I saw some people talking about what it takes to run E85 in an '18+. I did not have to do injectors or make any modifications to the fuel system, all I did was load up my PBD E85 tune with the nGauge and started datalogging with a fresh tank of E85. I believe most tuners will say because of the dual-injection system, one doesn't have to worry about fueling all the way up to what most would consider FBO NA. I do however keep my nGauge mounted and look at my fueling, knock, and timing quite often. At WOT, the engine runs 32.5 degrees of timing from like 3,000 all the way up to the 7,800 rpm redline, with zero knock, even with all of the "ticking." 0.81 to 0.83 lambda all the way through the power band at WOT. Also, in true bro fashion, I do daily drive with my back seats fully removed, I do however still have the factory driver and front passenger seats in.

However, I am just not feeling the car anymore. I thought I would always be a RWD V8 guy, but I am wanting to get into something different. I have my eyes on the '18+ Audi RS3s with AWD. I would have considered the V3, but I can not keep a car stock, and I think Chevy screwed that LT4 over with making it direct injection only. I think it costs like 5.5k to buy a proper fuel system from WeaponX that will allow the motor to run port injection... However, I don't know what I want, I just know that I want a fast four door with modability.

If you guys want a no BS video that is good to just listen to while doing other things, here is a guy who tunes for Lund and is admittedly a Ford nutswinger, talking about how well Chevy has done with the C8 Corvette and how Chevy basically made the new GT500 dead-on-arrival:

Last edited by AWPer; 07-22-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019