Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

What’s everyone’s opinions on pre filters ?

just worried this otr is gonna get dirty as **** very quickly. Pre filter would prevent this.

what kinda power loss do they cause ?
Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Sharp vette, zz4.
Thank you! I cant take any credit for it though, its down to the filter stock, Ive sunk way to much $ into the other two that I decided to keep that one stock... for now.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Really like the color. What's it called?
Old 07-25-2019, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Very nice!
Only one I could find of mine:

Unfortunatly, they're all slow,
Love the Vette man.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

just worried this otr is gonna get dirty as **** very quickly. Pre filter would prevent this.

Mine gets disgusting after a month or so lol bugs dirt u name it never felt any noticable power loss from it and I just clean it monthly.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

All the dirt lol
Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Really like the color. What's it called?
Supersonic Blue. 436hp of fury!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zz4 beat me to the punch. Love that color. Given my Corvette ballicker self I have to proclaim the bias towards his GS as well
Old 07-25-2019, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris25
Love the Vette man.
Thank you. I realize Im crazy by saying it, but its my least "favorite" out of the bunch. Simply because I have the least time in it. Still an amazing car, though.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thank you. I realize Im crazy by saying it, but its my least "favorite" out of the bunch. Simply because I have the least time in it. Still an amazing car, though.
I hear yah man I tossed around the idea of getting a c6 always loved the styling. You in Florida?
Old 07-25-2019, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6gmarc
Zz4 beat me to the punch. Love that color. Given my Corvette ballicker self I have to proclaim the bias towards his GS as well
The yellow calipers took me a second, but this color combo just works so well together. I love it! You really cant go wrong with any wide body C6!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

I hear yah man I tossed around the idea of getting a c6 always loved the styling. You in Florida?
Sorry for the multi quotes.

Yeah, Im just north of West Palm Beach.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

+1, didn't you agree to meet at PBIR, then we got the "race track is a stip" nonsense?
Actually that was after.

I ran the 1LE, they said Bambino was THE race
i ran Bambi and won, they said no phil was THE race
then I went boost.
then they tried to setup a local NA guy with a bolt on c6z06 at the track. Some said that’s puppy kick and put my name in the hat. I said sure I’ll go. Then they cried that it needed to be a roll. I said whatever bro just name it. They cried some more but guy never responded my PMs.
Now hio says based on videos and his math that he can beat me. *shrug*

EDIT: oh and Bambi is back to being THE race, according to Hio. He makes somewhere around 300whp more than me.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 07-25-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Japan - 1

Hio’s build - 0
Old 07-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Japan - 1

Hio’s build - 0
Truth x200000000
Old 07-25-2019, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sunday November 17 fall brawl v2

wirking on buying car trailer

rumor has it Cecil is slightly downhill and few feet short lol
17ft elevation drop from start line to traps
Old 07-25-2019, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Youd be hard pressed to find a tuner better than Mike @ VR

You know them better than I though
Not familiar with Mike... Definitely not doubting his skills. As far as my comment it was just based off who is tuning/building the current fastest batch of LT cars. The LT platform tuning wise is a huge departure from what the LS crowd was used to.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

I like GS Vettes too! Nice one ZZ4!
Old 07-26-2019, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

First off the same could be said for you and everyone else with the tired *** 1.2 60ft **** lol but hey when it's your narrative 22 pages is fine. Secondly you just folded like a cheap paper towel and your going to tell me how to be a man you can't make this **** up sometimes. Oh well moving on next.....
Troof
Do track and rolls. Simple solution
Sounds like a plan

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Worm last business trip to Florida purposely got a room at the airport because he didn't want to get near a court and get schooled by a Yankee in front of his coworkers
Mmmm....your head looks like a basketball. Snail woukd get confused and dribble it.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Why because I looked back and realized this callout was about having to drive a few hundred miles? C’mon. I’m kinda on your side I don’t expect anyone to take time out of their life to get a race car to a track a few hundred miles away. Quit being a confrontational baby.

I couldn’t care less about Hio’s time. By now I know he’s more into forum drama and cutting grass than into actual racing.
I guess you don't cut your lawn.....your place looks like a overgrown **** hole. Or maybe you have no place.

Count yo slips punk

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Five of my kids in one picture....
Toyotas are poop mmmm
To be fair, Hio has been on here for 10+ years acting like he is better than everyone (especially anyone with a Ford) because of his "accomplishments" with "bolt ons". I would say everyone here is giving him a taste of his own medicine, but they actually have valid, logical points. Which is a complete 180 from his non-stop changing of the goal posts and preaching #boltonlife. Hio is getting the karma he deserves. Until he realizes that everyone can mod their cars they way they want, then I say let the beatings continue until morale improves.
Reason why i talk about bolt on stuff is because there are many that think a cam or a said of heads is gonna fix their slow woes. If that were the case i should get outran by the vast majority of h/c cars instead of outrunning the vast majority if head cam cars. So bolt ons teach guys there's more to it besides the weekend special flavor of the week cam. Most like you are to dense to think about it like that.

Sure you can mod it like you want. But if it sucks after you do then don't be a bitch about hearing **** about it.

To be short and sweet I’ll hardly ever go at Hio unless he addresses me. I’ve been a member here for a while. I enjoyed reading and seeing the races. Mostly just adding “good race” to threads. After getting my 5.0, I put headers, intake and tune. A friend of mine said he knew a guy with same setup on a 1le 5G. We went out and ran, shook hands, no biggie. Excited about my first race with the car I posted here without playing “ford is the best” ****. Hio and Zyborg proceeded to turn that into a multiple (could’ve been 10+) page thread downplaying the kill and saying how that Camaro sucked and how I needed to run someone else (local) to prove myself, putting it nicely. So as far as I’m concerned, Hio deserves all the trolling he gets.
Zyborg stretched yo anus. Made room for several fellas in there just like you like.

It very much seems like I'm the one getting constantly addressed. I'm the one typically saying "good run".......only to hear dumb **** afterwards.

True but it's also the same group that chase him thread to thread regardless of what he says. I'll be the first to say I don't always agree with Hio or what he says all the time but the constant group jumping on one person gets a lil old.
Same idiots over and over and over

+1, didn't you agree to meet at PBIR, then we got the "race track is a stip" nonsense?

I wish it would stay in the BS thread. But if you look, Hio gets torn apart by numerous other people (see said FI thread). He's just got a natural inclination to **** people off with his NA/bolton BS... see my previous post.
Lol @ the fi thread. Those guys got donkey punched with logic. Especially after i asked op his acceleration goals. 500whp na > 550whp fi in a 2500lb car like that erryday any day. Now if it were a truck.....yup turbos. Power delivery ftw and it's very application specific.

Then they were gonna build turbo systems in 2hrs.....they were done at that point.

Then on top of that 2 of their badazz boosted h/c builds was barely faster than my bolt on junk.......bolt ons.....na.....vs their h/c boosted.......lolz

I like turbos.....said it many times. But they were so content with having their blinders on they couldn't fathem me saying you don't turbo a 5.7 for 550whp. You turbo it for 700+.

He's a punching bag, and rightfully so.
Not at all. When you squirm and lie you're the one getting hit.

Pre filters help shed water. But picking the air up that high it won't be to dirty.

I can see it. I thought phils 1le was a more fun car to drive. No denying the built in advantages of a vette tho.

Actually that was after.

I ran the 1LE, they said Bambino was THE race
i ran Bambi and won, they said no phil was THE race
then I went boost.
then they tried to setup a local NA guy with a bolt on c6z06 at the track. Some said that’s puppy kick and put my name in the hat. I said sure I’ll go. Then they cried that it needed to be a roll. I said whatever bro just name it. They cried some more but guy never responded my PMs.
Now hio says based on videos and his math that he can beat me. *shrug*

EDIT: oh and Bambi is back to being THE race, according to Hio. He makes somewhere around 300whp more than me.
You picked your booster he picked his. I thought the coyotah was so magnificent with boost......guess not

Db never ran much. It's a shame. His car shoulda been a animal. And you stipped the eff outta that race.

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Japan - 1

Hio’s build - 0
Your build.......ooohhh wait

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
17ft elevation drop from start line to traps
Damn.....should be able to coast to like a 16 second run.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Not familiar with Mike... Definitely not doubting his skills. As far as my comment it was just based off who is tuning/building the current fastest batch of LT cars. The LT platform tuning wise is a huge departure from what the LS crowd was used to.
I can see that. Even later ls is a big difference than early stuff.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:59 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

What's the crew callout rule? He called me out so he can drive here?....
Correct, they better start driving to you.

Hiollary all for rolls in 2019
Hahah...digs only until she thinks she has an advantage. Then flippy floppy all over the place.

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I like GS Vettes too! Nice one ZZ4!
They nice.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019