Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Lol @ Hio still calling Toyota poop while he drives a 20 year old ‘Chevy’ with 4 rebuilt motors... meanwhile Toyota is still kicking *** in the reliabilty department for years.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

What medicine Hio? I think its retarded that you think no GM tuner can get the most out of an LS/LT in similar from to that coyote.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Need a little input on buying tires

ok guy has a supposedly brand new set of Hoosier 275/50/15 dr2 drag radials for sale for only 215 bucks. They even come mounted on some new cheap American racing wheels I don’t need and can sell. These are the tires and size I planned on buying

anyway the only catch is they are 5 years old. Supposedly they have been stored in his climate controlled garage and never been run or exposed/sat outside. They are just mounted on the wheels and sitting for 5 years. Guy claims they look like new. No cracks. No flat spots. Hold air. Etc etc.

the price is very good less than half of new . Looking around on the net it seems about 70/30 people say they will be fine vs some apprehension. IMO I think they should be good but idk

well?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Not a fan of that Z4 rebadged car. But nice runs.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

ok guy has a supposedly brand new set of Hoosier 275/50/15 dr2 drag radials for sale for only 215 bucks. They even come mounted on some new cheap American racing wheels I don’t need and can sell. These are the tires and size I planned on buying

anyway the only catch is they are 5 years old. Supposedly they have been stored in his climate controlled garage and never been run or exposed/sat outside. They are just mounted on the wheels and sitting for 5 years. Guy claims they look like new. No cracks. No flat spots. Hold air. Etc etc.

the price is very good less than half of new . Looking around on the net it seems about 70/30 people say they will be fine vs some apprehension. IMO I think they should be good but idk

well?
A) They will work as designed - same as if you bought a fresh set (but safer).

B) If something does go wrong, there's a whole lot on the line at 120+ mph, more than just damaging your car. Some things can't be fixed (I/E - you).
Old 08-13-2019, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Lol @ Hio still calling Toyota poop while he drives a 20 year old ‘Chevy’ with 4 rebuilt motors... meanwhile Toyota is still kicking *** in the reliabilty department for years.
You sound like a 14yr old punkass bitch that don't know a thong but thinks he does.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
What medicine Hio? I think its retarded that you think no GM tuner can get the most out of an LS/LT in similar from to that coyote.
The medicine you tried to dose to me when you said you'd like to see me with a 5br0

And for every 100 gm tuners out there you might find 1 good one. Pretty much all the gm shops concentrate on selling **** vs making the car accelerate . They mostly just sell the dream of the bestest h/c package.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

well?
I'd say they be fine for a auto car. My notch drs are 12 yrs old. I would definitely say they're not as good as new tho. Same with other dr's ive had. I could tell a difference after 1 yr.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Teching In

LOL damn dude you're weird. I said that because the coyote platform is reliable enough to allow you use your "vast knowledge" without breaking every other week.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Hmmmm
Old 08-13-2019, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

LOL damn dude you're weird. I said that because the coyote platform is reliable enough to allow you use your "vast knowledge" without breaking every other week.
The fact that you're ******* stupid enough to think my **** broke every other just shows what a dumbass you are.

The fact that you overlook all the gutted race braked nitro fueled coyotahs that struggled to get around a engine from 2002 shows what a queer fan boi you are.

Not to mention the 2 cammed coyotahs in here that failed to go as fast as a simple bolt on ls6.

Lets add the fact that none of your na coyotahs has even went as fast as a bolt on ls1 car i helped with.

Lets also add that in the boosted coyotah vs ls that the coyotah failed at a power output the ls just flat creamed. We can also add that there is no coyotah block available from furd w/o significant cost and machine work that is able to make any where near ls power .

What were you saying again? Cause it sounded like you had mouth full of ****.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Can you guys PLEASE for the love of Jesus think of something to post instead of insults?

Huge blank canvas here - anybody have something good to discuss?

What other forums do you spend time on? I really can't stand Corvette Forums - I was that C6Z guy that didn't wave back.
The Mustang6thgen forum is pretty ;lame too, IMHO - a member did just post another 8 sec (8.95 @ 156 with 13lbs) 18 stock motor with LPF kit.
The following users liked this post:
S8ER95Z (08-17-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Wow he went off the deep end again for job reason. I have nothing to say to all that mess. Has nothing to do with me. Lol
Old 08-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I used to be on corral.net a lot more but it's dwindled down quite a bit since they sold out to AB or AG or something. Same place that got YellowBullet.

I do frequent yellowbullet more now than ever mostly because it's got so many people there's always something new being posted.

In other news we've been in South Carolina for like 6.5 months now and we love it.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't logged onto the Corral in a long time. I've been a member there for 20 years now. I mostly stay on yb these days too.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Can not stand Corvette forums or Corral anymore sad to say. Most Vette people down here are morons
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How about some old street racing tricks/shenanigans. Old guy I know with a 72 corvette said they used to use snow tires as to the unsuspecting they looked like a street tire but would get sticky with a good burnout. Also always thought that using dr pepper syrup as a prep was pretty cool and funny.
Anybody else know any good tricks?
Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Can you guys PLEASE for the love of Jesus think of something to post instead of insults?

What other forums do you spend time on? I really can't stand Corvette Forums - I was that C6Z guy that didn't wave back.
The Mustang6thgen forum is pretty ;lame too, IMHO - a member did just post another 8 sec (8.95 @ 156 with 13lbs) 18 stock motor with LPF kit.
How bout you tell them to stop the dumbass lying bullshit.....then I'll have no reason to insult them.

To fix a problem you must first find the root of it.
Wow he went off the deep end again for job reason. I have nothing to say to all that mess. Has nothing to do with me. Lol
Cause i covered all the bases.

Originally Posted by snake95
I used to be on corral.net a lot more but it's dwindled down quite a bit since they sold out to AB or AG or something. Same place that got YellowBullet.

I do frequent yellowbullet more now than ever mostly because it's got so many people there's always something new being posted.

In other news we've been in South Carolina for like 6.5 months now and we love it.
What part of sc you in?

Wife and i like the obx area......all of it. But we ain't much on myrtle beach area. To crowded for us.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Can not stand Corvette forums or Corral anymore sad to say. Most Vette people down here are morons
They are. Most in general have no clue. They would rather talk about what h/c is on their car like its some magical bs for making speed.......and at the same time get waxed by solid bolt on stuff that just stuck to the basics.

Originally Posted by Cole Curtis
How about some old street racing tricks/shenanigans. Old guy I know with a 72 corvette said they used to use snow tires as to the unsuspecting they looked like a street tire but would get sticky with a good burnout. Also always thought that using dr pepper syrup as a prep was pretty cool and funny.
Snow tires was the dr of the 80s....lol. that would go even farther to guys using dirt track tires.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Sure, you may flame me for my god awful paint and body skills. My mom bought a 57 cadillac coupe Deville a good 10 years ago that had the ever loving hell beat out of it by a falling tree. Was running and driving, but severely damaged. Gave it to a paint and body guy to fix, and his estimate went from 2 weeks right up to "I'll get it done when I'm good and ready", so I took the car back. Been sitting for at least 5 or 6 years now, and I've been doing a fast and dirty restoration to get it back on the road. Latest update on the build.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Body guys are ********

As long as you and them are happy it's all good.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole Curtis
I used to buy used McCreary G60 15's from the local dirt track guys back in the 80's. For $15 dollars a pair, they worked great on the street.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Here ya go. Im pretty excited about these! Ive always ran street tires on my Camaro, its going to be nice to get a decent 60' for once.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019