Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 197 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Idk if it’s the tuning or the converters have improved or what but some pretty relatively basic setups are going 10.0-10.2 right now in terrible air 3000+

or maybe they gutted them more idk

theres a relatively basic bolt on car that’s still kinda heavy that just ran a 6.6 in 3000+ DA. That’s a shocker too

personally I’m hoping that the bigger converters are now locking sooner and they figured that out. I haven’t talked to pray or anyone to know for sure but just a hunch.
Yes I seen that. Stage 4 cam, stage 2 heads, ported msd, 2" headers, big stall...still retains the interior at least. Definitely impressive for sure, but honestly the bolt-on cars are probably the most impressive.

It's pretty much a given that you can go low 10's high 9' around 136-138 in 3k da NA or Boost pretty easily. With boost you can do it and lose no driveability. Car drives better then stock...power everywhere. NA you are going to give up some street manners and it's going to be loud. So in the end it comes down to goals...I don't think one way is any smarter then the other. If you want a stealth build then a Whipple or Maggie setup is a no brainer. If all you care about is track times, the NA setup with some weight pulled is cheaper in the end. I did plenty of research before choosing the direction I went. Yes if limited to a SLB with boost, NA can go just as quick in the 1/4. But either way we are talking low 10- High 9 second cars here which is plenty for a street car. Again I went Whipple for the stealth factor. Somebody pulls up next to me at a light they probably think my car is stockish with maybe a exhaust. So far I am enjoying this setup over my previous setup and not because this one is faster, it is simply a lot more fun to drive.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 07-01-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Yes I seen that. Stage 4 cam, stage 2 heads, ported msd, 2" headers, big stall...still retains the interior at least. Definitely impressive for sure, but honestly the bolt-on cars are probably the most impressive.

It's pretty much a given that you can go low 10's high 9' around 136-138 in 3k da NA or Boost pretty easily. With boost you can do it and lose no driveability. Car drives better then stock...power everywhere. NA you are going to give up some street manners and it's going to be loud. So in the end it comes down to goals...I don't think one way is any smarter then the other. If you want a stealth build then a Whipple or Maggie setup is a no brainer. If all you care about is track times, the NA setup with some weight pulled is cheaper in the end. I did plenty of research before choosing the direction I went. Yes if limited to a SLB with boost, NA can go just as quick in the 1/4. But either way we are talking low 10- High 9 second cars here which is plenty for a street car. Again I went Whipple for the stealth factor. Somebody pulls up next to me at a light they probably think my car is stockish with maybe a exhaust. So far I am enjoying this setup over my previous setup and not because this one is faster, it is simply a lot more fun to drive.
Just seemed like they were struggling to hit 9s before. Had to have great air and more weight out etc. it looks like it’s about to be commonplace

supposedly Andrew roarks cam only 9 second run was with the stage 3 no flycut cam. 1 7/8 headers. Basically same WR and RW as me. They just changed a bunch of stuff but I’m pretty sure that’s what it had when it hit 9.9 in great air

all I want is a setup that will hit 9s in great air. I don’t necessarily want a huge cam and stall. That stage 1 car with a 3c looks like it ******* rips from a roll and made 560rwhp. But I am guessing I’ll need just a bit more converter to hit 9s. But that car is impressive for being such a mild build.

as you can see I’m still struggling with my decision lol.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-01-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So far it seems bolt on zl1 has. None are as fast. And that's using that pissy *** oe blower on them. What do you think would happen if it had its choice of aftermarket blower like you?

Here's what would happen. It would continue to be a superior performance car to EVERY mustang to date. And then it would out accelerate you with authority.:

Like said. Id welcome the race. I like my odds compared to all the bolt on Zl1s out there. Will I lose to a couple?? Hardly ever are you faster than everyone, but I can handle the vast majority. OEM blower as crappy as mine, if he upgrades I upgrade. LOL
Old 07-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hio, when most of the forum does not respect you, your info and your tact, that means one of 2 things.

Something wrong with them or something is wrong with you.

I was as as polite as I could be proving my point on what you’d call the Bro results and I was even respectful with that. If you want to carry that debate on further just post up anything similar to an 8.6 @ 164

This data has nothing to do with me it’s all over the internet

Ive got something for you since you were the one to bring up comparisons

Same day same gears Mustang weighs a hair more and traps more, that means

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...ison-test/amp/

Ill pay close attention to you actually giving us any data on anything
Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I’m not mad at all. Just stating facts. Where did I make any excuse about why that C7Z get walked? Even stated in the original thread how it wouldn’t matter anyway even it had every bolt on known to man and H/C. Hio is right it’s LBO. I understand everyone needs a good feel good story. Just like saying someone else bought my car when in fact DD don’t even fully own his drag car. Fake news vs. facts. And his co owned drag car is slower than stock bottom end 5.3’s right here in Indiana lol.

More Facts
Wait how did we get to his other car? I thought we were talking about his Shelby sending the C7Z home with the tail between its legs?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Same day head to head here as well

camaro is 3 tenths quicker. 2 mph faster

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556485
Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 AM

2 out of 3

Smaller motor and heavier car by a few. Doing a lot with a little

Last edited by JayplaySS; 07-01-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:33 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Wait how did we get to his other car? I thought we were talking about his Shelby sending the C7Z home with the tail between its legs?
Hahah...both my cars bring the upset SJW's out of the closet.

Close race!

PS. It has NEVER been a secret that Cobro ® is a team car and has been stated as such from the very first day of purchase.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 197 Likes on 139 Posts

Just seemed like they were struggling to hit 9s before. Had to have great air and more weight out etc. it looks like it’s about to be commonplace

supposedly Andrew roarks cam only 9 second run was with the stage 3 no flycut cam. 1 7/8 headers. Basically same WR and RW as me. They just changed a bunch of stuff but I’m pretty sure that’s what it had when it hit 9.9 in great air

all I want is a setup that will hit 9s in great air. I don’t necessarily want a huge cam and stall. That stage 1 car with a 3c looks like it ******* rips from a roll and made 560rwhp. But I am guessing I’ll need just a bit more converter to hit 9s. But that car is impressive for being such a mild build.

as you can see I’m still struggling with my decision lol.
True...however If Brett took the time to dial in a SLB FI combo I am sure we would see some pretty stellar results. He pushes the NA game because it's where the money is at...more affordable and easy to remote tune.

I would say if you don't mind the converter and added noise from the cam then just stay NA.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 07-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
True...however If Brett took the time to dial in a SLB FI combo I am sure we would see some pretty stellar results. He pushes the NA game because it's where the money is at...more affordable and easy to remote tune.

I would say if you don't mind the converter and added noise from the cam then just stay NA.

Theres nowhere to grow staying n/a (in anything these days)

You’re fighting for 5-8whp for every different intake, cam and throttle body change the vendors find.

A year from now it’ll be even worse.

I’d jump now and have plenty of room to grow

IMHO
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nitrous if I want more and cheap.

If I decide to do an na build for now

theres room to grow with going with a more expensive head. A hi ram intake. A solid roller setup. Quite a few guys did similar things this year who are fighting for the record. 50-100 hp over a basic heads cam and setup. 600-650 rwhp vs ~550 rwhp.
Brandon hills new setup is near 650 rwhp and he’s still hydraulic. He gained 70 rwhp from going to cid heads, slightly bigger cam and a hi ram

I’m leaning more toward a mid to high 500 rwhp setup with my ported msd and a mid size converter. Just enough to get into the 9s and still be as street friendly as possible. Then if I want more for some reason I’ll do nitrous.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-01-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:10 AM

Nitrous if I want more and cheap.

If I decide to do an na build for now

theres room to grow with going with a more expensive head. A hi ram intake. A solid roller setup. Quite a few guys did similar things this year who are fighting for the record. 50-100 hp over a basic heads cam and setup. 600-650 rwhp vs ~550 rwhp.
Brandon hills new setup is near 650 rwhp and he’s still hydraulic. He gained 70 rwhp from going to cid heads, slightly bigger cam and a hi ram

I’m leaning more toward a mid to high 500 rwhp setup with my ported msd and a mid size converter. Just enough to get into the 9s and still be as street friendly as possible. Then if I want more for some reason I’ll do nitrous.
I remember how impressed I was at 636whp in my LS7 (3000lb car) but it’s crazy how quick you get used to the power too

To each their own
Old 07-01-2019, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Like said. Id welcome the race. I like my odds compared to all the bolt on Zl1s out there. Will I lose to a couple?? Hardly ever are you faster than everyone, but I can handle the vast majority. OEM blower as crappy as mine, if he upgrades I upgrade. LOL
So you have a aftermarket blower of your choice but if the bolt on car upgrades his blower then you want a bigger blower......cause your blower was stock i guess. I think i made muh point there. And addressed that some more below.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Hio, when most of the forum does not respect you, your info and your tact, that means one of 2 things.

Something wrong with them or something is wrong with you.

I was as as polite as I could be proving my point on what you’d call the Bro results and I was even respectful with that. If you want to carry that debate on further just post up anything similar to an 8.6 @ 164

This data has nothing to do with me it’s all over the internet

Ive got something for you since you were the one to bring up comparisons

Same day same gears Mustang weighs a hair more and traps more, that means

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...ison-test/amp/

Ill pay close attention to you actually giving us any data on anything

Hell I'm waiting for the rest of you boosted 5br0s to run 8s. It's easy.....dddooo eeett

Let's take a look at the ones that don't respect me. Dd....whiny bitch and i don't gaf what he thinks. Has 900+whp and runs 10s. Snail93....talks mad **** about his h/c fox running a 11.8 and gets walked all over by 12.2 cars that trap 114 and has a slower furd than me. Mac-aka 2010camaro.....has a h/c 6.0 ta that couldn't leave the 12s with a cam only 5gen that likely won't leave the 12s(btw phil and i left the 12s with a 5gen and bolt ons). Soslo.....built 383 ls that barely leaves the 12s. Lots of cam only or h/c car guys on here that probably hasn't left the 12s or 13s. Likely alot of the boosted guys, especially the ones that were similar speeds as my bolt on 90k mile ls6. Dbuttsniper......like who cares, dude calls himself a problem solver and can't figure out why a fart stinks. Hell i wouldn't like me either if i was some of them power adder, h/c, gutted guys on here and i was getting wore out by a dumbass that apparently can't spell with bad grammar but knows how to make a simple bolt on engine out accelerate that junk.

Now since you want to figure out how all the forum dislikes me I'm sure you have a good idea of the ones that actually do like me. Compare the quality of those people to the quality of the ones that don't and you'll figure out real fast why i don't care about the ones that don't.

Might want to check muh pm's to. Ive had to empty it before because it was full. There's alot in there now to.......you know. Conversing with guys that has no respect.

They gonna whine no auto.

Theres nowhere to grow staying n/a (in anything these days)

You’re fighting for 5-8whp for every different intake, cam and throttle body change the vendors find.

A year from now it’ll be even worse.

I’d jump now and have plenty of room to grow

IMHO
It's called hotrodding.......jesus have people forgot that?

Or is it just buy the latest greatest car and slap the biggest blower on it you can afford and talk stupid ****. Is that what it is now? I guess you go around to all the superstock guys in the pits and tell them they did it wrong. It's bad enough

I remember how impressed I was at 636whp in my LS7 (3000lb car) but it’s crazy how quick you get used to the power too

To each their own
Vettes are very well composed. I haven't drive a z06 but i imagine it's more composed than phils base car. If you still had stock gears in it and that heavy *** clutch then there was a pile left on the table.

What dud you run in your z06?
Old 07-01-2019, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Let's take a look at the ones that don't respect me. Dd....whiny bitch and i don't gaf what he thinks. Has 900+whp and runs 10s. Snail93....talks mad **** about his h/c fox running a 11.8 and gets walked all over by 12.2 cars that trap 114 and has a slower furd than me. Mac-aka 2010camaro.....has a h/c 6.0 ta that couldn't leave the 12s with a cam only 5gen that likely won't leave the 12s(btw phil and i left the 12s with a 5gen and bolt ons). Soslo.....built 383 ls that barely leaves the 12s. Lots of cam only or h/c car guys on here that probably hasn't left the 12s or 13s. Likely alot of the boosted guys, especially the ones that were similar speeds as my bolt on 90k mile ls6. Dbuttsniper......like who cares, dude calls himself a problem solver and can't figure out why a fart stinks. Hell i wouldn't like me either if i was some of them power adder, h/c, gutted guys on here and i was getting wore out by a dumbass that apparently can't spell with bad grammar but knows how to make a simple bolt on engine out accelerate that junk.

Now since you want to figure out how all the forum dislikes me I'm sure you have a good idea of the ones that actually do like me. Compare the quality of those people to the quality of the ones that don't and you'll figure out real fast why i don't care about the ones that don't.
You don't respect the opinion of guys slower than you, yet you don't respect the opinion of the guy that's light years faster than you either. You talk about your "simple bolt on" car, which is actually an engine swapped, purpose built race car, which put up lackluster ET's for the trap speeds. You think you're the best, when you're not even close.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

that is the build I’m heavily leaning toward. We have the same size headers. Same intake and manifold setup. I believe our raceweights are similar. Ported stock heads and a medium size cam 22x/23x requiring no flycut. Made 548 in 5th gear so it’s a good 570 rwhp.

the car ran 9.9 cam only in hero air. He has now added a good 30 rwhp with prays stage 2 heads. As you guys can see in the link he ran 10.0@135.5 in 3000 DA and 91f. He also missed his best 60 by nearly a tenth. Probably has 9s in it even at 3000 DA. Damn thing might even touch 140 in hero air and be well into the 9s

he also said driveability is great and the converter locks by 3rd gear. Runs great from a roll etc. looks like it back halved we’ll for the da and being an na stalled auto. Converter is also tight enough to run nitrous. The build pretty much sounds like exactly what I want.

So for now this is my plan lol....
Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Teching In

So you have a aftermarket blower of your choice but if the bolt on car upgrades his blower then you want a bigger blower......cause your blower was stock i guess. I think i made muh point there. And addressed that some more below

You seem concerned that they will take an L.

I dont see where im asking anything out of this world. Similarly sized blowers capable of roughly similar power. Zl1 has a nice 10spd which you have called the saviour of the 5.bros, I have a slushbox 6spd, ZL1 with will make about the same power I do and hell of a lot more torque. Easily 200wtq. And you want to change the statement to now give the “bolt on car” a blower upgrade so it can make 800+whp? Lol
Old 07-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Teching In

How did this statement from hio

“In the real world a lt4 with bolt ons thrashes all the aftermarket boosted 5br0s in here.”

become

“In the real world a lt4 with BIG BLOWER UPGRADES and bolt ons thrashes all the aftermarket boosted 5br0s in here.”

???
Old 07-01-2019, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

N/A or PD blower with a manual transmission is life.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

So you have a aftermarket blower of your choice but if the bolt on car upgrades his blower then you want a bigger blower......cause your blower was stock i guess. I think i made muh point there. And addressed that some more below.Hell I'm waiting for the rest of you boosted 5br0s to run 8s. It's easy.....dddooo eeett

Might want to check muh pm's to. Ive had to empty it before because it was full. There's alot in there now to.......you know. Conversing with guys that has no respect.They gonna whine no auto.It's called hotrodding.......jesus have people forgot that?

Or is it just buy the latest greatest car and slap the biggest blower on it you can afford and talk stupid ****. Is that what it is now? I guess you go around to all the superstock guys in the pits and tell them they did it wrong. It's bad enoughVettes are very well composed. I haven't drive a z06 but i imagine it's more composed than phils base car. If you still had stock gears in it and that heavy *** clutch then there was a pile left on the table.

What dud you run in your z06?
Literally every time my car is brought up in conversation with you, it's by YOU. Not only that, you lie about my car

The reason is you never know the subject matter well enough to actually discuss the topic. Your only hope is to try to change the topic to be about someone's car instead of talking about the topic at hand.

You're insecure and aware that your knowledge base is far smaller than you like to pretend it is, so you can never have a normal conversation.

For the effort and time/money invested both of your cars underperform by light years, and you're aware of this, too. This explains why you hate forced induction so much. You're so embarrassed by your camaro's performance that you hang onto an obvious timing error as your PB.

Why didn't you bring up your boosted car in the FI section?
Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Most of my cars are slower than Hio. I do not take things personally if he disagrees with me. Unlike some of the passive aggressive guys in here I call him in names in the face and vice versa. That said he is very very smart,giving and real when it comes to this game and has helped me a lot. Some of the things he comes up with I would have never thought of. Some of the fabrication he comes up with is out of this world. I mean he does down play his car but it does run the numbers he says.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019