Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

that is the build I’m heavily leaning toward. We have the same size headers. Same intake and manifold setup. I believe our raceweights are similar. Ported stock heads and a medium size cam 22x/23x requiring no flycut. Made 548 in 5th gear so it’s a good 570 rwhp.

the car ran 9.9 cam only in hero air. He has now added a good 30 rwhp with prays stage 2 heads. As you guys can see in the link he ran 10.0@135.5 in 3000 DA and 91f. He also missed his best 60 by nearly a tenth. Probably has 9s in it even at 3000 DA. Damn thing might even touch 140 in hero air and be well into the 9s

he also said driveability is great and the converter locks by 3rd gear. Runs great from a roll etc. looks like it back halved we’ll for the da and being an na stalled auto. Converter is also tight enough to run nitrous. The build pretty much sounds like exactly what I want.

So for now this is my plan lol....
You know, this kind of et and trap wasn't possible n/a just a few short years ago and it's unusual to me there aren't more than just a handful of guys pushing it so much. Last time I was the track here in Ga, Silver Dollar Raceway, there was not a single LT car at all. Unusual to me
Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You know, this kind of et and trap wasn't possible n/a just a few short years ago and it's unusual to me there aren't more than just a handful of guys pushing it so much. Last time I was the track here in Ga, Silver Dollar Raceway, there was not a single LT car at all. Unusual to me
There’s quite a few now man. This is more of a daily driver friendly middle of the road build that should be pretty reliable. That cam and stall aren’t that huge at all.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So you have a aftermarket blower of your choice but if the bolt on car upgrades his blower then you want a bigger blower......cause your blower was stock i guess. I think i made muh point there. And addressed that some more below.

Hell I'm waiting for the rest of you boosted 5br0s to run 8s. It's easy.....dddooo eeett

Let's take a look at the ones that don't respect me. Dd....whiny bitch and i don't gaf what he thinks. Has 900+whp and runs 10s. Snail93....talks mad **** about his h/c fox running a 11.8 and gets walked all over by 12.2 cars that trap 114 and has a slower furd than me. Mac-aka 2010camaro.....has a h/c 6.0 ta that couldn't leave the 12s with a cam only 5gen that likely won't leave the 12s(btw phil and i left the 12s with a 5gen and bolt ons). Soslo.....built 383 ls that barely leaves the 12s. Lots of cam only or h/c car guys on here that probably hasn't left the 12s or 13s. Likely alot of the boosted guys, especially the ones that were similar speeds as my bolt on 90k mile ls6. Dbuttsniper......like who cares, dude calls himself a problem solver and can't figure out why a fart stinks. Hell i wouldn't like me either if i was some of them power adder, h/c, gutted guys on here and i was getting wore out by a dumbass that apparently can't spell with bad grammar but knows how to make a simple bolt on engine out accelerate that junk.

Now since you want to figure out how all the forum dislikes me I'm sure you have a good idea of the ones that actually do like me. Compare the quality of those people to the quality of the ones that don't and you'll figure out real fast why i don't care about the ones that don't.

Might want to check muh pm's to. Ive had to empty it before because it was full. There's alot in there now to.......you know. Conversing with guys that has no respect.

They gonna whine no auto.

It's called hotrodding.......jesus have people forgot that?

Or is it just buy the latest greatest car and slap the biggest blower on it you can afford and talk stupid ****. Is that what it is now? I guess you go around to all the superstock guys in the pits and tell them they did it wrong. It's bad enough

Vettes are very well composed. I haven't drive a z06 but i imagine it's more composed than phils base car. If you still had stock gears in it and that heavy *** clutch then there was a pile left on the table.

What dud you run in your z06?
You talk a lot of **** for a guy that hasn't done much.

Facts about Doug:
1. He never raced at the rental at US41
2. He is on his 4th engine in his Camaro
3. His terminology swap notch that makes more power than his bolt on Camaro ran slower than his Camaro
4. For a guy saying he knows a lot about FI his car never came close to backing it up
5. It's ok for him to have issues and no one else
6. He is the biggest hypocrite there is on this forum
7. He ignores facts unless it helps his argument
8. He left the Kik group bc he got destroyed daily
9. He broke his ls6 so he didn't have to race cman
10. He acts like he knows the L's engine very well yet again he is on his 3rd engine under a year

Should I keep going or do we all get the point?
Old 07-01-2019, 05:17 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

....Let's take a look at the ones that don't respect me. Dd........
Dearest Hiollary - I can't respect a person that lies constantly and can't admit when they are wrong. You ma'am, do one or both of them daily on here. Really shows your lack of character and intelligence.

But hey, no one is perfect right?
Old 07-01-2019, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Facebook Post

dont know if that vid will post, but its a all motor coyote running 8.77 second 1/4 mile. 5 liters ----8.77.

i sure as **** wish it could be punched out to 6 liters.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

better ET and more MPH than a certain 388.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i owned one of those with a 5 liter and N2o. it was decent for so long ago. it was even lighter than my stripped out 2700 lb hatch. its been so long ago i can remember much about the car.

it was more like 2400-2600 lbs with a full interior. it didnt have any options from the factory. a full interior in 1983 was just cloth seats and hand crank windows. nothing was removed. im willing to bet that car weighed 1900-2300 lbs.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A few weeks ago we teased—on social media—dyno testing of Project #PureEvil’s new engine combination, dubbed PE-2. It sounded rowdy, angry, and it crushed last year’s combination by a wide margin. The new Rich Groh Racing masterpiece has more of everything and produced 744rwhp on JPC Racing’s chassis dyno. For those keeping score that is 104rwhp greater than the engine we are now calling PE-1.

744 rwhp on motor from 5 liters

https://www.racepagesdigital.com/pro...PaRpo1B9Buls-8
Old 07-01-2019, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

It’s a 339.

there are race build na ls engines over 1000 hp. Not sure what this proves or a 2000 lb shopping cart running 8s
Old 07-01-2019, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We will reveal the details over the next few weeks as to how we cranked out 744rwhp from our new Coyote engine. The new setup displaces 339ci, features a significant amount more compression ratio (17:1), ported GT350 cylinder heads with larger valves, larger cams, and a lot of other little tricks. Our goal is also to shed light on more details about running the car like setting up the factory suspension system and using data for clutch changes. The car is a rolling test bed and we intend share what we’ve learned.
here we are. the coyote development continues.

oh and BTW 744 rwhp from 339 cubes is decent eh? 17:1 CR is pretty stout lol.

one thing about the GT350 head. it is as good as anything on the planet. it's not a head the average joe can get to work, but it can be done. it takes cams with cross plane profiles and the rest of the gt350 head specific valvetrain.

IMO this would be the only head i would consider running with locked cam timing. folks are swapping this head. i know the gen 3 can be ported to 370 cfm, but i havent asked what this one can do.

744 rwhp (800-850) on a engine stand is impressive from 339 inches.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It’s a 339.

there are race build na ls engines over 1000 hp. Not sure what this proves or a 2000 lb shopping cart running 8s
**** man there are race engines making 2140 hp on motor. what does that have to do with accessible coyote power?

pour UltraZ is salty in his old age.

lots of 339 inch LSx making 744 rwhp on motor.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ght...-440ci-na-lsx/

this is nearly as much hp per cubic inch. 1029 hp at 440 cubes

https://speedsociety.com/1100hp-all-...-aspirated-ls/

here is 1100 hp at 450 cubes

compared to 339 800 hp they are in the same ballpark. A smaller cylinder will always be more efficient than a larger one aside from all the other differences between the motors
Old 07-01-2019, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by assasinator
**** man there are race engines making 2140 hp on motor. what does that have to do with accessible coyote power?

pour UltraZ is salty in his old age.

lots of 339 inch LSx making 744 rwhp on motor.

You are like 20+ years older than me

why am I salty? All I proved is that the motor you showed was nothing special. Not even with the mustang guys favorite argument of hp per liter. Looks like accessible coyote power is well behind an ls na. Hundreds of hp behind

seems as if you were salty bringing in na race cars when I was talking about my build
Old 07-01-2019, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ght...-440ci-na-lsx/

this is nearly as much hp per cubic inch. 1029 hp at 440 cubes

https://speedsociety.com/1100hp-all-...-aspirated-ls/

here is 1100 hp at 450 cubes

compared to 339 800 hp they are in the same ballpark. A smaller cylinder will always be more efficient than a larger one aside from all the other differences between the motors

i dont care about per cube ****. 744 is a good number and good track result.

https://www.sonnysracingengines.com/...-racing-engine

BBC has them all owned.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

seems as if you were salty bringing in na race cars when I was talking about my build
i havent read any posts in a while. i didnt know you were posting about your build.you took this personal, as though i was taking a shot. ill read a few pages back now. sorry.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

here we are. the coyote development continues.

oh and BTW 744 rwhp from 339 cubes is decent eh? 17:1 CR is pretty stout lol.

one thing about the GT350 head. it is as good as anything on the planet. it's not a head the average joe can get to work, but it can be done. it takes cams with cross plane profiles and the rest of the gt350 head specific valvetrain.

IMO this would be the only head i would consider running with locked cam timing. folks are swapping this head. i know the gen 3 can be ported to 370 cfm, but i havent asked what this one can do.

744 rwhp (800-850) on a engine stand is impressive from 339 inches.
Very nice, had no idea they were in the 8’s n/a. Looks like it’s a factory Ford intake (CJ) to boot, nothing fancy on the intake side just a JLT

That makes me want to try n/a first too
Old 07-01-2019, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

i dont care about per cube ****. 744 is a good number and good track result.

https://www.sonnysracingengines.com/...-racing-engine

BBC has them all owned.

Good God
Old 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
You don't respect the opinion of guys slower than you, yet you don't respect the opinion of the guy that's light years faster than you either. You talk about your "simple bolt on" car, which is actually an engine swapped, purpose built race car, which put up lackluster ET's for the trap speeds. You think you're the best, when you're not even close.
Wtf do you know about a swap.....other than not leaving the 14s with one.

You're so damn stupid you think respect comes down to how fast you went with a damn car......that's what a idiot you are. You think you deserve a participation trophie.....you really do.

How many purpose built race cars drive to the track? How many run pump gas? How many have ac, cruise, full interior, all sound deadening + some, jack/spare in it, drives in the rain on same set up as at the track?

Nope I'm not the best but i damn sure ain't to stupid to look around and learn.......unlike you who tries to call bs on **** they don't even understand.
Originally Posted by BlkMach1
You seem concerned that they will take an L.

I dont see where im asking anything out of this world. Similarly sized blowers capable of roughly similar power. Zl1 has a nice 10spd which you have called the saviour of the 5.bros, I have a slushbox 6spd, ZL1 with will make about the same power I do and hell of a lot more torque. Easily 200wtq. And you want to change the statement to now give the “bolt on car” a blower upgrade so it can make 800+whp? Lol
Originally Posted by BlkMach1
How did this statement from hio

“In the real world a lt4 with bolt ons thrashes all the aftermarket boosted 5br0s in here.”

become

“In the real world a lt4 with BIG BLOWER UPGRADES and bolt ons thrashes all the aftermarket boosted 5br0s in here.”

???
So what you're saying is you want to be able to run whatever blower you want and restrict the zl to a stick blower......that's so 5br0ish of you.

And you still ain't running 8s......weird

Originally Posted by snake95
Literally every time my car is brought up in conversation with you, it's by YOU. Not only that, you lie about my car

The reason is you never know the subject matter well enough to actually discuss the topic. Your only hope is to try to change the topic to be about someone's car instead of talking about the topic at hand.

You're insecure and aware that your knowledge base is far smaller than you like to pretend it is, so you can never have a normal conversation.

For the effort and time/money invested both of your cars underperform by light years, and you're aware of this, too. This explains why you hate forced induction so much. You're so embarrassed by your camaro's performance that you hang onto an obvious timing error as your PB.

Why didn't you bring up your boosted car in the FI section?
My boosted car was brought. But i don't think anyone there thinks anything is off about it. So

The only timing error ive seen is from your turd. It's hilarious that you think it ran a 11.8 pass after it got drug by a 12.2 car......like ******* hilarious.

Now for the biggest act of hypocrisy from you. Wtf was you doing in the boosted section of LS1tech? Do you dream of boosted ls cars? Does na ls cars run away from your turd so fast that you think they boosted? Do you have a ls? Are you gonna go ls swap and boost your fox?

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Most of my cars are slower than Hio. I do not take things personally if he disagrees with me. Unlike some of the passive aggressive guys in here I call him in names in the face and vice versa. That said he is very very smart,giving and real when it comes to this game and has helped me a lot. Some of the things he comes up with I would have never thought of. Some of the fabrication he comes up with is out of this world. I mean he does down play his car but it does run the numbers he says.
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroS
You talk a lot of **** for a guy that hasn't done much.

Facts about Doug:
1. He never raced at the rental at US41
2. He is on his 4th engine in his Camaro
3. His terminology swap notch that makes more power than his bolt on Camaro ran slower than his Camaro
4. For a guy saying he knows a lot about FI his car never came close to backing it up
5. It's ok for him to have issues and no one else
6. He is the biggest hypocrite there is on this forum
7. He ignores facts unless it helps his argument
8. He left the Kik group bc he got destroyed daily
9. He broke his ls6 so he didn't have to race cman
10. He acts like he knows the L's engine very well yet again he is on his 3rd engine under a year

Should I keep going or do we all get the point?
All a bunch of bullshit by you. You're nothing but a lying bitch your ddaddy.
1. Wtf does racing at us41 have to do with anything? One thing fo sho no one showed up there to watch your dumbass run slower in your own car than nick did in the same configuration. But we all got a good laugh about it.

2. 4th engine....1st one not hurt by me. Ls6 ran for 90k miles. I did hurt it. I fixed it to. Ls7 was a no fault.....done explained all this. I could have put the ls6 back in. But with 90k HARD miles i thought it was pertinent to rebuild it. After i do know what gear I'm in even if it happened to be the wrong one . Unlike you.

3. Yea the termi notch is slower. Prime example of when i say acceleration is not just about power. But you're to damn stupid to comprehend that.

4. Seems like to me i furd some **** out about fi. The termi notch is almost 1sec faster than the previous owner had it at.

5. Your issue was you didn't even know what gear you was in. As evidence in the sig.

6.i do not hypocrite on anything. I only hold you guys accountable for the dumb **** you say.

7. You have no facts. Your view of reality is extremely disturbing and distorted.

8. Evidence of 7

9. More evidence of 7. Btw....cman car was a straight up race car. You know how i know? It's at muh house.

10. I must know them a little. I was the first bolt on ls6 over 130 traps. Then we backed up that combo with a bolt on 5gen faster than your cammed 5gen and the first bolt on 5gen over 120. Put that same combo on a ls3 vette and was the first bolt on ls3 vette over 130 and 2nd fastest et i do believe. We do alright i suppose

Originally Posted by islander033
Dearest Hiollary - I can't respect a person that lies constantly and can't admit when they are wrong. You ma'am, do one or both of them daily on here. Really shows your lack of character and intelligence.

But hey, no one is perfect right?
Nice try....but it's easy to see who the liar is here.

On the character front. You don't see me chasing your dumbass around a forum i don't belong on.

https://www.facebook.com/JPCRacing/v...oup_highlights

dont know if that vid will post, but its a all motor coyote running 8.77 second 1/4 mile. 5 liters ----8.77.

i sure as **** wish it could be punched out to 6 liters.
It still wouldn't make as much power as a ls.
better ET and more MPH than a certain 388.
And probably 1000lb lighter......oh you addressed that in yo next post lmao

That 5 points of compression may help to.

i owned one of those with a 5 liter and N2o. it was decent for so long ago. it was even lighter than my stripped out 2700 lb hatch. its been so long ago i can remember much about the car.

it was more like 2400-2600 lbs with a full interior. it didnt have any options from the factory. a full interior in 1983 was just cloth seats and hand crank windows. nothing was removed. im willing to bet that car weighed 1900-2300 lbs.
So you're saying foxes are light.......strange. you might have a hard time convincing some people here that.

It’s a 339.

Ouch

You are like 20+ years older than me

why am I salty? All I proved is that the motor you showed was nothing special. Not even with the mustang guys favorite argument of hp per liter. Looks like accessible coyote power is well behind an ls na. Hundreds of hp behind

He's always salty. His cam only coyotah doesn't make any more power than a certain bolt in ls6 so i can see why.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 07-01-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hio must not have much faith in the small little 1.7l LT4 ZL1 vs an even tinier P1sc br0.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Wtf do you know about a swap.....other than not leaving the 14s with one.

You're so damn stupid you think respect comes down to how fast you went with a damn car......that's what a idiot you are. You think you deserve a participation trophie.....you really do.

How many purpose built race cars drive to the track? How many run pump gas? How many have ac, cruise, full interior, all sound deadening + some, jack/spare in it, drives in the rain on same set up as at the track?

Nope I'm not the best but i damn sure ain't to stupid to look around and learn.......unlike you who tries to call bs on **** they don't even understand.
I know an LS6 didn't come in an Fbody. You're the first one to bring up someone's 1/4 mile times in an attempt to discredit what they're saying, even if it has nothing to do with racing, so you clearly don't respect the opinions of people that haven't been as fast as you. Hell, you just did it in this post. Bunch of race cars drive to the track on pump gas, look at hot rod drag week. How many street cars have engine swaps, faceplated transmissions, and holes drilled in them for weight reduction? I'm impressed that you actually admitted that you're not the best. Where have I called BS on stuff that I don't understand? I'm very much willing to learn, I didn't understand how stall converters worked, I was told different and educated myself.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019