Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Schooled a 98 mustang cobra driver.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schooled a 98 mustang cobra driver.

I don't mean to brag, but this is just getting too easy. Sorry mustang guys, but the only mustang I have respect for is the is 03-04 SVT's. I thought corbra's were supposed to be fast? My stock 03 boxster S VS. a stock 305hp 98 cobra, here's the story. There is a kid in my town that went to highschool with me. He just picked up a mustang cobra with low mileage for a nice price. Anyway, I go out to the gas station on Friday night to pick up some smokes. While I'm in the station, he pulls next to my car and so does another buddy of his driving a mr2 spyder. I walk out and talk to him for 5 min and then get ready to take off when he said something about racing. I told him sure if he wants to. So we take off heading outside of town torwards the 4-lane freeway. He asked what do you want to do? I said lets do a 3 honk start from 45-125mph and he agreed with a nervous look on his face. I asked him if he wanted a head-start and he looked pissed lol. I knew I had a real good chance of beating him because I had my top up, he had a passenger and I didn't and I was just about out of gas. I had a real serious weight advantage. So anywho, we get to the fianl light and I do the honks and nail the gas after shifting to 2nd gear. I took off and pulled away from him so badly I thought he decided not to race So I took it to approx 125mph and look in the mirrors and he is waayyyyyy behind. About 1/4 mile behind me. I slow down to 60mph waiting up for his slow ***. He finally catches up and says he was in the wrong gear and he wanted to do it again but from a stop this time. I said thats cool and luckily for us there is a nice straight road about two miles up off the freeway. He follows me to the spot and we set up again. He said what do you want to go up to 80..90mph? I said 90mph is fine and I honk the horn 3 times again. I get a shitty slow start because I'm not used to honking the horn from a standing start but somehow I actaully get a jump on this chump. I floor it, take it to 7,200rpm, and get a real nice chirp when the 1-2 shift quickly arrives. By the time I hit 2nd gear I was about a car out in front and the poor rustang couldn't couldn't do anything but fall further and further behind by the time 3rd gear came along. I got a real clean, fast shift into 3rd and I new it was over by then. I rapped out 3rd which is approx 95mph and looked behind me. He was about 5 cars back. I slowed her down and he came up next to me. His friend was on the celly telling some-one else about the recent ***-raping that just occurred. I just sat there and didn't know what to say. The guy said that he was very impressed. He was cool but he looked like he was in shock. He just got telling me 20min before about how he owned a mustang GT and now he just got raped by a boxster lol. I think the poor kid could learn to drive better but, even so, cobra just didn't have it. Chalk another one up for PD. I think my record is like 15-1 now. Luckily for me all the C5's around here are driven by old farts who probabbly never floor it or take it over 65mph. I am still really wanting to race the dude with the 03 NSX. I bet I will take him after I do the mods I plan to do and maybe some C5's since most of them are auto's. Hope you liked the story. I will keep them coming if they are post worthy, or gasppp if I get beat!!

-----------------
03 Boxster S in guards red over black. 18" carrera light wheels, xenons, bose digital stereo w/sub, painted to match roll bar and of course a 6 speed mated to a 3.2L flat 6 pumping out a whopping 260hp/230ftlb, weighing in at 2,900lbs and change.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO

Hoyl **** man, you are ******* unbelievable. You're car is slow as ****, and you talk about it like it's a supercar.

whopping 260hp
260hp is a ******* joke man, many of our cars are putting over 200hp more than that- to the ground!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Face the FACTS. Boxsters are the red headed step children of the Porsche world. They were built for the losers out there that think a car will actually get them some puss. They have zero performance abilities. The interior and exterior must've been designed by the queer eye for the straight guy folks.

Boxster =
Old 07-28-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

wow, and you have no respect for the Foxbodies at all?????????

that shows your ignorance about the ford brand! Currently right now, the fastest cars in Drag Racing are Fords, not to mention they have been a great competitor in many road racing circuits.

now for your car.... it is SLOW

i cant even start explaining how slow a 13 second quarter mile time is. I cant even think if we have a 13 second car in our shop, hell even 12 second cars. Why would you get something like that little turd floater ****....

OH YEAH, YOU WANT STYLE, and GERMAN ENGINEERING. Please go back to the hole you came from. I dig porches, very nice cars... but a boxter is not a huge superbeast bad *** car like you are trying to say it is.

and btw, i have even beat a 98 cobra in my bronco
Old 07-28-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

I liked his story... I dunno what everyone is bitching about
Old 07-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tudds
I liked his story... I dunno what everyone is bitching about
Read the other post. He's a troll.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:58 AM
STF Veteran

Yo Porsche bitch, what part of you're a flaming ricer, and we don't give a flying **** do you not understand. Nice mods you have there:

03 Boxster S in guards red over black. 18" carrera light wheels, xenons, bose digital stereo w/sub, painted to match roll bar and of course a 6 speed mated to a 3.2L flat 6 pumping out a whopping 260hp/230ftlb, weighing in at 2,900lbs and change.

Bet those ricey little xenons help you blaze your way to that 14 second slip. Go eat a one-eyed mushroom you ******* troll.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

#1 a boxter is not a fucken RICER!!..

#2..any mustang getting owned ammuses me ...

GREAT

ok you guys call him a ricer cuz he talks about racing cars..that have a chance of beating him??...whats up with that..?....any subscribed memeber here should get respect.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1

GREAT

ok you guys call him a ricer cuz he talks about racing cars..that have a chance of beating him??...whats up with that..?....any subscribed memeber here should get respect.

Read his post on the LT1 vs Boxster thread. He shows what a dick he really is.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:22 AM
STF Veteran

GREAT

Every mod he has is cosmetic. No, not everyone who's registered gets respect. I tell you what, why don't you hook up with him and you two can respect each other.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:24 AM
STF Veteran

I found a picture of Porsche Tool.
Attached Thumbnails Schooled a 98 mustang cobra driver.-ssnj.jpg  

Last edited by TA TED; 07-28-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

GREAT

You do know there are fast mustangs dont you?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

hahhaha I guess I should read more of the street racing stuff
Old 07-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Banned

Whoa, whoa, hold on here. Enis you geek I am being S-A-R-C-A-S-T-I-C ABOUT my the whopping 260hp. Everybody else seems to get it but you*shakes head*. Uh, and those aren't mods on my car......they are something called f-a-c-t-o-r-y o-p-t-i-o-n-s. You say that the boxster s is shitty yet it shares 40% of it's parts with great 911. Lets see, here's just a few things, shifter, brakes, wheels, and uh the entire enterior practically. The box and the 911 from the front seats up are almost identical. The 911 just has a small back seat with a boxster interior. I come on here and share my story about beating a LS1 vert TA and most of you guys get your panties in a bunch. Well too bad, I was there and you weren't so how can you say what happened. It's not completely unrealistic in the right circumstances. Some of you guys need to grow up.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Damn man just give it up and nver post again, no one likes you here. And why don't you take your wannbe sports car and race someone that's even worth it.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

I do race cars that are worthy. Modded Gt's and RX7 turbo. There are not a whole shitload of nice fast cars where I live so I pretty much take 99% of the stuff I see on the road. And I don't give a **** if no one here likes me. Did you think that I was expecting a warm welcome when I said my S beat a TA. mmmm probabbly not. you guys are very predictable. Did exactly as I thought you would.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

is this guy serious? drive on by North Carolina and we will see what u can do against my formula. this is what u have said "260/230 at 2900lbs" this is what i had STOCK-285/325 i weigh in at around 3300 lbs. now, if my stock performance is pretty close to yours(you have no mods) how are you going to beat an LS1 car???enlighten me
Old 07-28-2004, 12:10 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Porsche_Daddy
you guys are very predictable. Did exactly as I thought you would.
As did you. Vying for acceptance from a group who could care less about you or your cockwagon. Your feeble attempts at acceptance are a pitiful, yet true representation of the Boxster community. Now log off your computer, and carry your *** to Amercrombie and Fist and get some new Khakis and an argyle sweater vest, *****.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Banned

The guy I beat had a ragtop and it weighs more like 3,800lbs. Thats how