Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Scandalous Racing DVD rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StangStomper
All points well taken and we will deliver, we ARE currently shooting part II and we would love to visit some new cities with a BADD *** scene! Whachagot!

Be on the Lookout for Part II,...TWO and the bust!
come down to miami.. you will find allllllllll the girls that every guy is looking to see. as far as car goes, you guys didnt inform the right people here in miami since you guys had some weak *** races here in fl. let me know when you guys are planning on coming to the sunshine state and ill make sure that my friends twin turbo 69 ss is out there. when would u guys plan on being here?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

dont they sell this at Best Buy or somewhere?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by markss2oo1
dont they sell this at Best Buy or somewhere?
I highly doubt it.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by horist
i got it... parts were cool... parts were just for show... I got bored after the chitown section ... (the video claims it's all real... I recall a post a while back for chitown where people were asked to show up to park and be filmed... ) if the 2nd video is like the 1st I'm not buying it though... I'll get it... but I won't pay for it.... :wink:

But it's the closest to a real street racing video there is... no plot, but lots or mostly real street races ...
We asked people to come a be shot for the opening (intro to the DVD), not for street racing....all the racing is real,150% ask around, you are from here, ask the MFBA ask anyone in there....the intro is the only oart that is produced obviously!!!!!!! Just wanted to clear that up.

About not payin for it...do as you wish, i am not here to tell you right from wrong...we are not ricers though and shouldn't become them! Support is what keeps good products churning out!!! Or you can just watch "Street Fury Chrome".
Old 09-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Onyx Z
I highly doubt it.
The movie and apparal will be sold at best buy/curcuit city in a month or 2.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

best buy is going to sell apparel?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
best buy is going to sell apparel?

Negative on that, but we tried....still trying actually~!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

Street Races?..

L.A....and Newport Beach..or hell anywhere on PCH...hehe
Old 09-24-2004, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
Too bad the street racing scene here in Austin has gotten Ghey.

Watching the trailer just reminded me of that sad fact.
If you EVER want to head to H-town, let me know
Old 09-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

I bought this dvd a while ago, it wasnt bad but it could have been better.

id have to watch it again to remember why exactly, but some of the replays, some lack of music, and repadativeness got old. And the corny intros didnt help me either , and the 20 minutes of track drag racing got really old, it felt like it was never going to end.

But im not trashing on it, it had some good races in there and some fast cars, Id like to see more stuff like in the extras next time like goofing off and doing stupid stuff, and more stuff like what you guys did with the vette.

I dont feel like my money was wasted so give it a try
Old 09-26-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's cool but here's some constructive criticism.

Too much track time

not enough trash talking

bad bad bad intros (they were worse than a high school project)

Have some "feature cars" where you give a detailed run down

Get Harlan's car in there

People are asking for girls. The best way is to integrate girls rather than
doing a solid 5 minute block. It's not like it's spankage material.

I'm not buying the 2nd one unless I hear it's WAY more professional than the first.

real street racing is too secretive to watch for 2 hours. I recommend mixing it up with some fun races where we can actually see what's done to the cars.

One cool thing would be to build a sleeper and introduce it at the beginning and give all the info and then show all the asses you smoke with it. (like parish8's videos)

Last edited by kenkaru; 09-26-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kenkaru
Too much track time

not enough trash talking

I recommend mixing it up with some fun races where we can actually see what's done to the cars.

One cool thing would be to build a sleeper and introduce it at the beginning and give all the info and then show all the asses you smoke with it. (like parish8's videos)

-W3rd-
Old 09-27-2004, 07:37 AM
STF Veteran

I just ordered the video. I will give my review as soon as I see it. I'm glad I ordered it before I read all of this post. Anyway. I'll post back in a few days. Whats the turn around on shipping to NC?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Venkman
If you EVER want to head to H-town, let me know

let me know when you guys are going to make a trip down here... we will have a fair amount of action down here to hold you guys over.. or set something up
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

We are always greatful for support, happy customers and constructive criticism.

Your points are well taken.... we tried to mix it up as much as possible...some folks wants girls, some dont..me...I like em, everywhere, naked!!!!LOL

I TOTALLY agree about the trash talking, too many consultants without ***** that talk you into stuff, know what I mean!

Intros.... well same as above man, we are not actors, we are street racers, althoug, we have been taking some lessons as thier is interest in a series for TV (LS1tech is the FIRST to know about this) dont ask me when and where, cause I cant say.
Let me just say this, acting lessons is the GAYEST and most frustrating thing I have ever done.....really sucks...not as easy as it would seem, 18 hours a day of being annoyed is a great way to put it.

Feature cars, definately, WHO IS DRAGGING BUMPERS ON THE STREETS FROM HERE....lets hear it and get it on part II along with our new F-body!

The Track...it was the first event of its kind...some really fast ****...now, its been done, so we will all just have to keep that in the memory banks! try to have a shorter segment on that! Althoug there will bo some events coming to a track near you!

I think I have just about covered it....Thnaks for the lookout though, we appriciate it.

Too much track time

not enough trash talking

Have some "feature cars" where you give a detailed run down

Get Harlan's car in there

People are asking for girls. The best way is to integrate girls rather than
doing a solid 5 minute block. It's not like it's spankage material.

I'm not buying the 2nd one unless I hear it's WAY more professional than the first.

real street racing is too secretive to watch for 2 hours. I recommend mixing it up with some fun races where we can actually see what's done to the cars.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are on the verge of making something really ground breaking! If you can make all of the above happen, you might be suprised at how out of control your sales could get.

Maybe your movie will be a major factor that curbs the trend of riced out civics by showing more people about real fast cars.

Hey, your video rocked and I know the next one will be even better, but you've got to know someone who can do the intros better! I know you want to be in it and all but...

It's kind of like food. Even if you make the best tasting caserole, if it looks like sh*t, no one is gonna like it. It's all about the presentation. Think of the intros as garnish.

BTW, I'll still buy the 2nd one even if it isn't "way" more professional.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Ordered another copy for a friend.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

You guys are on the verge of making something really ground breaking! If you can make all of the above happen, you might be suprised at how out of control your sales could get.

Maybe your movie will be a major factor that curbs the trend of riced out civics by showing more people about real fast cars.

Hey, your video rocked and I know the next one will be even better, but you've got to know someone who can do the intros better! I know you want to be in it and all but...

It's kind of like food. Even if you make the best tasting caserole, if it looks like sh*t, no one is gonna like it. It's all about the presentation. Think of the intros as garnish.

BTW, I'll still buy the 2nd one even if it isn't "way" more professional.
LOL, Actually, we didnt want to be in it...consultants, ARGGG, although, with the acting lessons and such, we looked at ourselves and were quite surprized, although I wont quit my day job!.
It is amazing though the reponce, we werent even ready for it...but it is that way becasue it is REAL.......unbelieveable what has happened....maybe F-bodies on slicks and skinnies is gonna be the trend that we set.....no more giganto wings and such on the street....wouldnt that be great!!
Not all this F&F crap, no shaky cameras, professional shooting and all that, plus countles of my hours in the edit bay!!
What do you guys think of a show..(cant say what network yet) but it will be a major one...I am working on the script........let me hear your ideas.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:03 AM
STF Veteran

I just watched the video and I thought it was good. I am dissappointed in the Houston seen. I thought you guys had some cars down there. j/k I am looking forward to the next video.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:59 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much track time
not enough trash talking
bad bad bad intros (they were worse than a high school project).................
I'm not buying the 2nd one unless I hear it's WAY more professional than the first......

I agree. I didn't even finish watching the video I was so bored.

1. Too much of the sameeee ****. Same cars in multiple races, 10 minute long burnouts, too much preparations, etc.

2. WTF was 20 minutes of the TRACK doing in a video about "real street racing" .... hummm.

3. At least SOME info about the mods of the cars would be nice. I felt it somewhat pointless to watch 2 firebirds race, when I had no clue why one of them was winning by buslengths ....

4. More integrated women would definately be a plus.

5. Music ... why do we have cool music every so often, but then it ends randomly?

6. Intro's ... I think that has been covered, but they were wayyyy to long, and waaayyy to unprofessional.

7. Replays ... who the hell wants to see a full length replay of something they JUST SAW 10 seconds earlier?

Last but certainly not least ... if you are going to charge $20 something dollars for a video, it should be a professional quality video, with professional quality sound/editing/camera's etc, and this just was not. Half the time I couldn't even see what was going on. If the footage is too dark to see, you shouldn't include it.

Sorry boss, but for me to turn off a video about racing, something must have been terribly wrong.

Quick Reply: Scandalous Racing DVD rocks!!!