Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Scandalous Racing DVD rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, here is my opinion on this DVD.

I liked the racing, I liked the cars. But all of us who work on our cars are gear heads. I want to know at least some of what the cars had in them. It's not fun to watch races that are just happening withou knowing a little about the car that's racing so you can gudge or predict the outcome. This makes it more fun to watch. Overall, I liked the DVD. In the next one, I would love to see more technical info on the cars that are in the video. I realize getting that information from the owners while out there is kinda a bitch, especialy in the midst of all the trash talking. I'm sure however that if you told them that they would be part of a sucessfull selling DVD and their car might be fetured, they would spill thier guts out and tell you what they have all the way down to what type of head gaskets they were using.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Hey, I am the owner of the GreenZ. At that time and Im not joking it was a "Garage Sale Shortblock" in the car. I bought it from a guy in indiana. When I bought the car I picked it up from my buddy and he had gernaded the engine. I was only able to salvage the cam. It was Comps Nitrous cam, Heads that were done by myself and a stock 4L60E, with at that time a 3900 Vigi non lock up and a 3.73. It went 10.70s-.80s up here all day on a 150 dry shot. Down there I upped it to 200. I changed the stall to a TCS 3400 Lockup 9/11 and put a fogger on it. With a 200 shot it dropped to 10.40-.50s and the best 60 ft if ever cut was a 1.43 on a 10 bolt mind you

Its getting some other special things done to it now that I cant speak of since the next upcoming DVD. For the Silver Hatch its a 302 Based motor with a little spray The EZ Money Notch was......well....no one can ever find out that!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Thats Hot.......
Old 12-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

My friend got me the dvd for x-mas. It is badass! Great video. I agree though with knowing some of the mods like it could say bolt-ons, or turboed, or sprayed. That silver mustang was badass! I was sad that nobody ran it.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:59 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StangStomper
Workin on it now man....hittin some new cities and revising content as to the wishes of the public.....next ones gonna be even better, thanks for all the input.
Come over to my shop and film my madness. (see sig)

Seriously, I'm still on vacation at my folks (near Chicago) and was startled to see an ad for your DVD on the E! network here on cableTV. I still thought this was still kinda "underground". Guess NOT! That's cool and I hope the marketing pays off. Better get off my butt and order a copy.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Decent video... Most all the issues with the video have been covered.. So I don't have much left to say. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Peace,
Josh
Old 12-29-2004, 06:10 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

not bad just watched it yesterday. everything has pretty much been said. except for the next one try to get some actual fast cars on the street. the only cars that were fast were in the track section. most were just quick street cars. if you want pm me and i can hook you up with some footage of some vars around here that run for decent money. most are between 8.20- 9.60 cars some faster a few slower. but all quicker than what was shown on the movie running on the street.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Launching!

And this is on the street that you will get these cars? We will try any of those head up down here as long as its a 10.5 tire car. Since we only have "Quick street cars"
Old 12-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

I can swear that silver fox at the end had to at least be in the 10's.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:09 PM

yep on the street. right now the one locally taking everones money runs 5.50's 1/8 on a 28x12.5 et street and thats just because most of the faster ones are put up for the winter.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:33 PM

bigginz around here if you run 10's on the street all your gonna do is lose money
Old 12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 68maro
bigginz around here if you run 10's on the street all your gonna do is lose money
OK, I didn't say that they didn't. I just said that the silver fox "EZ Moneys" street car had to be in the 10's by what it looked like. All I know if I had a car running in the 8's or whatever they run where you are from I wouldn't run it on the street. Because it is a drag car and anything crazy can happen. But back on topic, DVD was GREAT!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:49 PM

when do you want to set something up?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

Default Scam Dvd

SCREW THE REPLAYS

SCREW THE BURNOUTS

WHO THE HELL SHOT THE H-TOWN CHAPTER- did you d.a. realize that you missed all the big action, either that or you dorks must be from
CHI-TOWN. H-TOWN has just as many or probably more big cubed fat tire rides out here. Funny how ya'll left that out. Unless you plan on chaging that on the next SCAM, don't send a reminder to me. Bring that weak *** Chicago crap out to Houston and ya'll are going home broke and you freeks know it, and that is the main reason the TEXAS part was so short just like your girlie *** d...s. I'M OUT
Old 01-08-2005, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Finally got my copy yesterday, watched it 3 times and counting...
Why are there only feature 10.5 tire cars or smaller? There are plenty of tubbed street cars out there....?
BTW I would like to see some New York action.... heard good things. lol
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 AM
12 Second Club

I just got the video from my buddy Chris(with the viper in the video). Great video and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Great Video...Just ...Gus is starting to scare the locals!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had the video for almost a year and still watch it. I agree on some action from NY although I know Fountain Ave. is shut down. There's gotta be some heavy hitters there as well as Chi-town. Scandalous guys, ignore the haters with personal beef, it was an excellent first effort and certainly miles better than the others I have seen. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for "Two and the Bust "
Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by electricz28
SCREW THE REPLAYS

SCREW THE BURNOUTS

WHO THE HELL SHOT THE H-TOWN CHAPTER- did you d.a. realize that you missed all the big action, either that or you dorks must be from
CHI-TOWN. H-TOWN has just as many or probably more big cubed fat tire rides out here. Funny how ya'll left that out. Unless you plan on chaging that on the next SCAM, don't send a reminder to me. Bring that weak *** Chicago crap out to Houston and ya'll are going home broke and you freeks know it, and that is the main reason the TEXAS part was so short just like your girlie *** d...s. I'M OUT

mmmmm....yeah...Ok Mr. 12 second turd club. we'll be right there...Oh wait, we were already there. Now it's YOUR turn to come up by us. July 9th at RSD would be a great time and place to see your toilets get flushed.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Default Finally got it

Finally got the DVD today... OH man words cant describe how bad *** it it. I bought some of those Ricer street racing DVDs they sell in the mall at those movies stores.. man those suck ***... they had some muscle cars on it but nothing like this DVD does. I miss Houston sooo much, Iowa sucks ***, Im moving back to Htown as soon as schools over with. Man where im at the fastest cars are in the high 11s low 12s area... i know how houston cars can be, i went to high school with a dude with a 5.0 stang who was running low 9s. I dont think my WS6 could ever be as fast as some of those cars in the DVD, but if i hit 11s or high 10s id be happy. Ok enough talking from me.. Cant wait till Number 2 comes out.

Quick Reply: Scandalous Racing DVD rocks!!!