Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

s r t 4 w$6k in mods tries a turbo LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue of the STS working is not why I started this thread. I just thought some of you might be interested in my encounter with the Neon. BUT, while we are on this, if
ANYONE in the Dallas area would like to check out the car and go for a ride, just e-mail me. No-one has had a ride that didnt think it was one of the best street kits you can buy. By the way, I wash my filter about every 2 months.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trtturbo
The issue of the STS working is not why I started this thread. I just thought some of you might be interested in my encounter with the Neon. BUT, while we are on this, if
ANYONE in the Dallas area would like to check out the car and go for a ride, just e-mail me. No-one has had a ride that didnt think it was one of the best street kits you can buy. By the way, I wash my filter about every 2 months.
S**t! Sorry 'bout that trtturbo. I got caught up in it too and forgot.....NICE KILL!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not familer with the STS kit. Anyone have any links I could check out?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
Sent you a pm with link.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
Also if you look in the Sponsor Specials & GP section you'll see a post by nine-ball welcoming JLTurbo (STS Systems) as a new sponsor w/link and great pics and video's.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

please excuse my previous post. My co-worker is a dousch bag!

Sorry about that fellas.
brb got something to do
Travis
Old 08-18-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slik98z
please excuse my previous post. My co-worker is a dousch bag!

Sorry about that fellas.
brb got something to do
Travis
Uh oh, not the "it was someone else on my screen-name" excuse again...
Old 08-18-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Uh oh, not the "it was someone else on my screen-name" excuse again...

yeah son of a bitch got me kicked off 4 other message boards (i post alot on youth hockey boards) cause he thought it was funny. So now i can't log into washingtoncaps.com, can't post on restonraiders.org (local hockey club), nor can i get into the jr caps message board which i go on alot to offer assistance...

Kinda pissed off about this. this site i don't really care too much, as most of the guys took it as being kinda funny.

sad thing is, im looking into the damn kit myself...just dont have 3k to put into it

he drives an automatic convertible moostang, he doesnt know what i means to go fast so again i apologize, its still my fault it happened tho.

BY THE WAY>>>Since "I" keep hijacking your thread dood....Nice Kill! at what rpm do you acheive full boost? and do you think there would be enough room to put a dummy exhaust tip on the driver side where the filter is? I have this dual outlet complex, i gotta have tips
Old 08-18-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slik98z
yeah son of a bitch got me kicked off 4 other message boards (i post alot on youth hockey boards) cause he thought it was funny. So now i can't log into washingtoncaps.com, can't post on restonraiders.org (local hockey club), nor can i get into the jr caps message board which i go on alot to offer assistance...

Kinda pissed off about this. this site i don't really care too much, as most of the guys took it as being kinda funny.

sad thing is, im looking into the damn kit myself...just dont have 3k to put into it

he drives an automatic convertible moostang, he doesnt know what i means to go fast so again i apologize, its still my fault it happened tho.

BY THE WAY>>>Since "I" keep hijacking your thread dood....Nice Kill! at what rpm do you acheive full boost? and do you think there would be enough room to put a dummy exhaust tip on the driver side where the filter is? I have this dual outlet complex, i gotta have tips
:cough: LIAR!!! :cough:

Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

You mean I got on my and ranted and raved and made an of myself for no reason
I will get you slik98z... Just kidding...
Doh sorry Billy. I hijacked your thread again.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

hehe no i actually liked your "rant". which wasn't really a rant as you were informing me...although im actually kinda diggin this kit...although...im not completely down with the idea of only having one tail pipe. but thats just a complex i have.

Billy, what kinda numbers wer eyou producing again? was it just over 400 rwhp? do you have lt's and ory pipe? how would you adjust the boost on the sts? a question that i keep asking myself is because this kit is mounted so far from the motor...is there any where in the rpm band, above 3k rpms of coruse, that the kit drops in power a bit? im assuming without dyno tuning with the kit there would have to be atleast one spot where the power would hit a plateau due to the a/f ratio...please correct me if im wrong...just trying to learn a lil bit!
Travis
Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ha nice story.... A srt-4 can be built to be really fast but in the end its still ******* neon... ewww...

6k on mods for a srt-4. what a waste of money. Most Srt-4s think they're all that and a bag of doritos cause they can beat Mustang GTs

haha stock turbo they say.... cant wait to see a stock nitrous car...
Old 08-19-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is useless now. Everyone is chiming in with a different irrelevant subject OR some desired info that can easily be found by searching.