Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

IS300 vs. Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004 | 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc300
im not talking about all the community...just the haters/**** talkers that doent even know what really happened in the video...it wasnt even the driver that took the video (it was the passenger and his point of view) and that he didnt do do any ricer flybys....he actually pulled on those guys that hard...Anyway, i was just defending my freinds and arguing on the interent is dumb...
Yes, arguing on the internet is quite dumb. And, sorry for the mis-communication, I did not mean that he was doing fly-bys, I meant that people who do flybys are ricers. That guy did seriosly rape some nice looking F-bodies and stangs.

-Todd
Old 09-01-2004 | 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sc300
blah blah..stfu...calling someone that drives a clean *** Lexus a ricer..What do you think you're gonna read or see in a street racing/kill stories forum??? (im not saying that its OK to street race) You and the other haters are just ******* bias cuz its not an LS1 that is beating everyone...

do you even own a decently fast car??? I can tell im gonna like coming to this site.....

what difference does it make if i own a fast car? does that make me any more qualified to judge whos being an idiot?

i think that lexus is nice as ****, i really like the is300's. if you read back to my first post in this thread you would know that and realize i'm talking about the driving WAY to fast in traffic and not the fricking car.

sorry if i got too spicey for ya with the no dick ricer bullshit, i'm sure the guy is a nice guy and all that. but think what would happen if while you were passing somebody on the right at 120, they pulled into your lane to get as far away as possible from the person (who they are looking at in their mirror) coming up behind them at 140 in thier left lane. i aint against street racing, but i am against doing it when there is a good chance of causing some innocent person drama or hurting them.

and btw, i have a very nice, pretty much stock 98 ws6 thats gonna get a little money thrown at it this winter while its hibernating.
Old 09-01-2004 | 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Is it time for a hug yet?
Old 09-01-2004 | 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
Is it time for a hug yet?
Dude, I really wish more vette owners were like you. Just this morning, I was driving along behind a black vette convertible (C5) with some nice rear-talight mods. I go to the other lane to give the guy a thumbs up and he wouldn't even look at me I knew he could here me cuz I left it in 2nd gear doing 55!

He eventually gave a peek when i just put it in neutral and revved but man

-Todd
Old 09-02-2004 | 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Having finally watched the video... WOW..I must give props. That car hauled ***.
Old 09-02-2004 | 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Dude, I really wish more vette owners were like you. Just this morning, I was driving along behind a black vette convertible (C5) with some nice rear-talight mods. I go to the other lane to give the guy a thumbs up and he wouldn't even look at me I knew he could here me cuz I left it in 2nd gear doing 55!

He eventually gave a peek when i just put it in neutral and revved but man

-Todd
Ahhh, that guy sucks.

Let me give you a breakdown of why this sort of thing happens.

THE EXEC—Most of the time, the typical vette owner is a guy in his 50's. Many men @ that age don't care to drive that car as it's meant to be, they just want A) style w/some power to pass or B) some vague attachment to youth, often due to a mid-life crisis. They're also the worst ones about cellphone use.

THE COLLECTOR—A lot of guys who appreciate a corvette treat it with kid gloves. They don't see a day of rain, WOT starts, not so much as a chirp of the tires. The Active Handling has never been turned off. It has 5 coats of Zaino. All they're doing is saving the car for someone else to enjoy, and that's five kinds of wrong. If you want a damned trophy, play softball.

THE SNOB—These are people who buy the vette because they fancy americana, or they want to attain a certain status in their mind. These people are the worst, as they give all of us a bad name. The Exec might put the hammer down to pass someone. The Collector takes care of his car. The Snob is the one that everyone remembers, the guy who thinks he's too good to even look at you & your car, as if seeing another domestic powerhouse would somehow taint his afternoon. This is also the same guy in his '87 C4 that swears he'll put bus lengths on your WS6.

THE DRIVER—Then there's guys like me. Guys who have done well enough (or sacrifice enough) early on to get a new vette. The ones who appreciate the handling & balance of the vehicle; those who love the style, & take care of the car without obsessing over it; those who appreciate it for its place in american automotive history; but most importantly, we're the ones who will beat the pants off in every situation. Drag, time trials, road courses, you name it, we do it— and we love it.

Last edited by GA_Driver; 09-02-2004 at 02:36 PM. Reason: missed a typo :P
Old 09-02-2004 | 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GA_Driver
Ahhh, that guy sucks.

Let me give you a breakdown of why this sort of thing happens.

THE EXEC—Most of the time, the typical vette owner is a guy in his 50's. Many men @ that age don't care to drive that car as it's meant to be, they just want A) style w/some power to pass or B) some vague attachment to youth, often due to a mid-life crisis. They're also the worst ones about cellphone use.

THE COLLECTOR—A lot of guys who appreciate a corvette treat it with kid gloves. They don't see a day of rain, WOT starts, not so much as a chirp of the tires. The Active Handling has never been turned off. It has 5 coats of Zaino. All they're doing is saving the car for someone else to enjoy, and that's five kinds of wrong. If you want a damned trophy, play softball.

THE SNOB—These are people who buy the vette because they fancy americana, or they want to attain a certain status in their mind. These people are the worst, as they give all of us a bad name. The Exec might put the hammer down to pass someone. The Collector takes care of his car. The Snob is the one that everyone remembers, the guy who thinks he's too good to even look at you & your car, as if seeing another domestic powerhouse would somehow taint his afternoon. This is also the same guy in his '87 C4 that swears he'll put bus lengths on your WS6.

THE DRIVER—Then there's guys like me. Guys who have done well enough (or sacrifice enough) early on to get a new vette. The ones who appreciate the handling & balance of the vehicle; those who love the stlye, & take care of the car without obsessing over it; those who appreciate it for its place in american automotive history; but most importantly, we're the ones who will beat the pants off in every situation. Drag, time trials, road courses, you name it, we do it— and we love it.
This should be a sticky all by itself
Old 09-02-2004 | 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Well, I dunno about THAT. However, the next time you run into a crap vette owner, just link the post for 'em. That should do the trick.

Old 09-02-2004 | 03:58 PM
Teching In

I'm the owner of the IS300 and I've been keeping up with this thread for awhile now but I think it's time for me to chime in...

First to all the haters and non-car enthusiasts, I could care less about the sucker punches and playground insults If you ever see me in person, I dare you to say any of those things to my face. You guys can only talk crap b/c it's the internet. As for the guy that said I'm compensating for a small pecker, think again, I bought a 4 door sedan with an inline 6, you probably got an american muscle car with a V8, cmon now, who's really compensating for something small here

Also, to the person(s) that said I should race someone in my own class, well wtf, there are tons of LS1s and F-bodies that look like sleepers, tell me how I'm suppose to know who is in my class and also, what class am I in? since you stated that, please tell me. I run mid 12s on street tires and my traps indicate I can probably do 11s, please define for me what an 11s car looks like so I won't make a fool out of myself next time

And to the person(s) that thinks we weren't racing, all I can say is I don't race to the 3 honking crap, that's for chumps. I give my competition the move, I match revs, I lunge forward and let off, when the other car moves, I move, thats how I race. All those cars in the vid wanted to race me first esp. after seeing me chase down the silver camaro. I would have loved to race faster cars but unfortunately there were none on the road at the time. I race for kicks so I could care less if I get cracked. And I do give props after every race, it may not be a thumbs up, sometimes just a head nod. Where can I buy a rule book for street racing?

And to the guy that said there were cars that could crack my *** that day, you're a chump, I never got any call outs to race, lemme know next time what you want to crack my ***, be glad to obliged. What you guys don't understand is, I have a fast street car, by far not a street race car. Its my daily driver and my fast *** grocery getter with plenty of room to seat 4. Yes, I coulda brought an LS1 and made it go really fast with all the money I spent but how BORING. I get more kicks seeing you LS1 owners eat my dust. So bring whatever you want to race me, if I lose, oh well, you get the satisfaction of saying you beat a glorifed toyota corolla, but if I win, you just look that much more pathetic

And finally, to the true car enthusiasts on this board, thank you much for all the props and showing respect for other cars. Peace.

P.S. I know racing on the streets is not cool but we did not race through traffic and I did not fly past anyone doing 120. We sped past bystanders at about 80 before even getting on it and we shut down plenty before kissing ppl's asses. Most of those races lasted only a few seconds b/c it was obvious who was winning (not gloating, hehe) Peace.
Old 09-02-2004 | 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Trekster - I retract my previous comments especially after seeing the video (I was at work when this was posted and was basing things upon others comments.. I have RDC/TSC (Terminal Services) and watching videos ...doesnt work very well ... Though I do still hold my comment about not digging Toyotas () Im sure you yourself may not be a fan of a car but respect it. after watching the video it was very easy to see you were indeed racing (cmon you can tell when a car is WOT by the sound..especially the GT and Z28 in the video).. and some of the peoples comments were uncalled for. Sorry. Thumbs Up.