Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

went down hard to a Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went down hard to a Cobra

My buddy and I were driving to pick up some and we figured we do a little run since neither of us would be driving later. He was driving his 04' Convertible Cobra with LT's, new x-pipe, new cat-back (he doesn't have cats), chip, pulley, and intake. I'm sure you all know what ensued. We went from about 15mph, he pulled pretty hard on me and put about 5-6 cars on me and let off at about 90. Fun race, but not even close; I want to race a stock 03-04 and hopefully make it a lot closer. Damn elevation always screws the n/a cars anyhow.
On another note, a cool guy in a 91' 5.0 stang with just 3.73 gears and exhaust wanted to run me for some reason. We went from 5mph and I probably put about 2 buslengths on him by about 85mph. I assumed he probably didn't know too much about LS1s (he looked pretty young). Fun race, but I wish it would've been closer to make it a better kill.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Ive raced a few of the ole snakes. Stock it will be more or less a drivers race, at least in my experiance. Ive been hammered by a few of the modded ones too, but ive a NX wet kit says that wont be happening any more.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

just look out for some of those old dirty looking 5.0's... they can be pretty sneaky....

but great kill/honorable death my friend
Old 09-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Dam Cobras. Bad *** cars. Nothing but respect for the 03+ Cobras from me. Nice death.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
Ive been hammered by a few of the modded ones too, but ive a NX wet kit says that wont be happening any more.
Don't be so sure.

75shot (100rwhp/150rwtq)

MJSLude99 - Nice kill and death. Sounds like it's time for a cam to help turn the tables on your buddy.

Old 09-19-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unit213
MJSLude99 - Nice kill and death. Sounds like it's time for a cam to help turn the tables on your buddy.
I wish. He's going twin turbo within the next few months. His kit is being made as I type. I'm screwed no matter what.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Ive raced a few of the ole snakes. Stock it will be more or less a drivers race, at least in my experiance. Ive been hammered by a few of the modded ones too, but ive a NX wet kit says that wont be happening any more.
Stock for stock, drivers race??!!?!?! Never raced one...but just figured I'd get walked on. Matter of fact...I haven't even seen one. to race, around these parts.

Justin
Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

looking at unit's engine bay, how the hell do you change plugs on that cramped engine bay? i would hate having to change plugs there.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
looking at unit's engine bay, how the hell do you change plugs on that cramped engine bay? i would hate having to change plugs there.
It takes 10 mins tops. It's 300 million times easier than a LS1. The plugs are located under the coil covers.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With your gears (Assuming it is a M6). I predict a 12 bolt will be waiting for you shortly and a lot of tire smoke with happen while trying to figure out how to hook it up.(Good luck).

I have raced a 03 Longtube header/X-pipe(loud as hell)/pullied/chipped Cobra,both from a 60ish roll and a dead stop.
Now i did not look back to see the gap between us,but i think i had him by 2.5 cars each time..
But.... I have a stalled A4 with a N/X wet kit/Longtubes/ORY/Borla/Nitto's and a real big need for speed.
I have yet to see a M6 car find a ton of traction on the street with the bottle and gears.
Dave
Old 09-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
I have yet to see a M6 car find a ton of traction on the street with the bottle and gears.
Good point Dave. From a dig on the spray, I roast the **** out of my 315 Nitto DR's. They just can't handle that kind of torque (~600ft-lbs). My A4 LS1 hooked spun a little on the hose then it would **** and git.