Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

wasted a turbo supra on the highway... imagine that

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wasted a turbo supra on the highway... imagine that

copied directly from my post on supraforums... word for word. i tried to dress it up a little so they dont get pissed cause a 185hp bike walked a supra

so i was coming home from a friends house and im about two exits away from my exit. i come up on the distinct tail lights and rear end of a supra. i was hoping it was a turbo, and hoping he wanted to play. well, he did.

i couldnt hear much as my exhaust is incredibly loud and i had my helmet on with ear plugs, but i did hear his bov. DAMN it was loud. we lined up, i couldnt hear any honks or anything so i waited till he made the jump and bam, instant 5 cars. i stayed in it for about 6 seconds, and let off at 160. he was a good 20-25 cars back. i could barely see his headlights in my side mirrors.

so he came by, and i gave him the thumbs up... i dont know if he saw it or not because he had tinted windows.

we lined up again, and i hear his turbo(s) spool up. he was brake boosting it sounded like. anyways, he lays into the gas and i flip the throttle and put numerous cars again. my guess is that it was a bpu supra. it was nice color, had stock chrome rims and a vanity tag that said 2JZ NAT. nice car and awsome color.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

nice!
what kind of bike? turbo 'busa?
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Question

You beat a car with a motorcycle? Is that special? I'm curious cause sport bikes will often pull up to me while I'm cruising acting like they wanna race, but I dont know why they would care to. That Supra was probably fast for a car, but cars dont usually compete with bikes. I've just always thought a race like that would be unfair. Its cool to race, but a bike beating a sports car is like a regular car beating an olympic sprinter on foot: the sprinter would lose, but the two arent supposed to be compared.

So, what does a bike owner get out of beating a sports car?
Old 09-20-2004, 02:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5HellRod
You beat a car with a motorcycle? Is that special? I'm curious cause sport bikes will often pull up to me while I'm cruising acting like they wanna race, but I dont know why they would care to. That Supra was probably fast for a car, but cars dont usually compete with bikes. I've just always thought a race like that would be unfair. Its cool to race, but a bike beating a sports car is like a regular car beating an olympic sprinter on foot: the sprinter would lose, but the two arent supposed to be compared.

my super hawk only does mid 11's in the 1/4, so a fast supra would probably be a pretty good race. a really fast supra would beat me!
there are some fast cars out there, and racing is fun.
you never try to start anything with those 'sporty' imports? most of the time you'll win, but every once in a while, watch out! same thing for bikes and fast cars.

but a 185hp bike is kinda in a league of it's own...
Old 09-20-2004, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by C5HellRod

from what you people post on here about killing bikes with stock z06's, yes it is. and there are quite a few supras that would tear my bike a new *** hole. and guess what? most of them were in atlanta this past weekend. and any two vehicles can be compared. stop your bitching, and either read or dont read the post. i flamed no one in this thread, and the supra was a nice color... rsp. and it was an na/turbo car. pt-61 with 13psi on pump gas... not terribly fast. probably high mid 12's on a tire.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:16 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

probably high mid 12's on a tire.
And trap speeds that would put an f-body easily in the 11's...

I race bikes all the time. What's the big deal? I have trouble with the newer sport bikes but anything older and anything harley get a nice look at my filled smooth black rear filler pannel.

Its probably hard to find competition for a 185 hp bike, and a supra roll race on the highway is proabably the best you'll do.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88GTA
my super hawk only does mid 11's in the 1/4, so a fast supra would probably be a pretty good race. a really fast supra would beat me!
there are some fast cars out there, and racing is fun.
you never try to start anything with those 'sporty' imports? most of the time you'll win, but every once in a while, watch out! same thing for bikes and fast cars.

but a 185hp bike is kinda in a league of it's own...

exactly. i saw on supra forums that there were going to be a lot of high hp supras out, and i wanted a piece. it happens that this one was a single turbo, just an n/a with a single turbo... kinda meh.

and my bikes trap speed woudl put an fbody probably into the low 9's... but they are two different beasts...
Old 09-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Launching!

I put 40 cars on a 86 Caravan the other day, does that give me the right to call someone a ******** just because of what they drive?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clipper
I put 40 cars on a 86 Caravan the other day, does that give me the right to call someone a ******** just because of what they drive?
You post. I'll moderate.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Clipper

sure. if thats what you want to do, go for it.

and i dont recall anywhere in my post where i called the supra driver a ********. if youre refering to the skittle thread, then yes i did. and i stand by that remark.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

you need to make a trip down here for Tx2k5...

you will have a fun time down here dealing with the countless 1000 rwhp supras and vipers

when i get more details i will let you know...

even the F-bodies and 700 ++ rwhp F-bods and Y-bodies come out to play... it is 3 days of pure roll racing action!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigBronco
you need to make a trip down here for Tx2k5...

you will have a fun time down here dealing with the countless 1000 rwhp supras and vipers

when i get more details i will let you know...

even the F-bodies and 700 ++ rwhp F-bods and Y-bodies come out to play... it is 3 days of pure roll racing action!

i live too far from texas to ride to, and ill be starting school the 22nd of november. id love to go down, i should have the nitrous kit on by then. hopefully some 9.4's are to be had on a stock swingarm.

too bad i didnt go to the UTI in houston.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
i live too far from texas to ride to, and ill be starting school the 22nd of november. id love to go down, i should have the nitrous kit on by then. hopefully some 9.4's are to be had on a stock swingarm.

too bad i didnt go to the UTI in houston.
you can still transfer... what setup at UTI are you doing... please dont say hot rod U... cause if so.. you should come down to houston and go to S.A.M.

Tx2k5 is in spring of 05 so you should have some time next year... it is going to be crazy
Old 09-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Unhappy

from what you people post on here about killing bikes with stock z06's, yes it is. and there are quite a few supras that would tear my bike a new *** hole. and guess what? most of them were in atlanta this past weekend. and any two vehicles can be compared. stop your bitching, and either read or dont read the post. i flamed no one in this thread, and the supra was a nice color... rsp. and it was an na/turbo car. pt-61 with 13psi on pump gas... not terribly fast. probably high mid 12's on a tire.
How was I bitching? I simply asked a question. We, as cars, get the thrill of beating something thats supposed to be faster than us, i.e. a Camaro SS beating a Viper (you can pick the years) is a big thing. If a C5 Vette beat a Mustang GT, it aint a big thing cause thats what generally happens. So, it makes me wonder why a sportbike would find pleasure beating a sports car. Someone mentioned imports. I dont bother smaller displacement cars, import or domestic, cause they dont usually come at me like they wanna race. If one does egg me on enough, we'll run, granted its safe. In this case, if the import beats me, its a great win (not tooting my own horn or anything, but you guys get what I'm sayin) but if I beat them, it aint a big thing in the V8 world. As for a stock ZO6 beating a bike, I wouldnt think thats a normal thing, and I'd be cause thats a big thing, unless it was a crappy bike.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

What gears are Supra's running? Their top end is nuts, I really want faster quarter times but at he same time taking down a top end moster like a Supra would be fun. What kind of setup do you think you would need?

I suppose I should stick to the f-body quarter mile, and let the aerodynamc Z06 worry about Viper's and those crazy Supra's and such.

Bike vs Car? Thats cool you won and all, its just not to impressive. You beat a busa, come back and post all day long.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah...go race the turbo busa with 300rwhp who posts on here. That would be a sweet race to watch. Good lord what a handful that would be to ride. My 600 just gets slower and slower reading this stuff....I guess i need to go buy the 1000 finally.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

and i stand by that remark.
Noted.