Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bend your wrist, hit it against your chest, and try to bite your ear....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMFAO!! this ***** great. the gf thing is soooo wrong! id hate to have a lady who looked like mr ed. its even worse that mr ed is a guy horse!! lol.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:34 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by markss2oo1
lol @ dudes girl looks like Mr. Ed,
poor guy, ugly girl and pos 1988 car

lolololololol
Old 10-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

CARROTS!!! That's too good!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE: this guy has come out of his hole again....after blowing his seal on his motor again, he talked to a friend of mine and now claims he has a bigger turbo that will put him in the 11's. he claims 340 rwhp with this new turbo, and of course, that he can whoop my ***(apparently just like he did last time) the last time i saw him at the track he was running 13.9-14.0 range on ET streets. what do you guys think? what kind of gains could he get out of this turbo. i highly doubt 11s anywhere, but i want to know whats possible

p.s. i just got stg 2 heads
Old 01-17-2005, 10:05 AM
B T
Launching!

Originally Posted by KALEL
UPDATE: this guy has come out of his hole again....after blowing his seal on his motor again, he talked to a friend of mine and now claims he has a bigger turbo that will put him in the 11's. he claims 340 rwhp with this new turbo, and of course, that he can whoop my ***(apparently just like he did last time) the last time i saw him at the track he was running 13.9-14.0 range on ET streets. what do you guys think? what kind of gains could he get out of this turbo. i highly doubt 11s anywhere, but i want to know whats possible

p.s. i just got stg 2 heads

Tell him I've got a Haltech E6k and 2 1600 cc secondary injectors for sale.

He's gonna need a **** more fuel and tuning for 11's or 12's LOL

High 13's on ET streets???

I was running that in my factory engine and turbo 1990 RX-7 turbo II ....
on 205 street tires with a 2.3 60'

Tell him to start saving for engine #3 #4 #5...yada yada yada

Oh, tell him I'll run him but I'm only going to use two gears in the 1/4 and still win lol

God, the Mr.Ed thing is soooooooo wrong!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B T

God, the Mr.Ed thing is soooooooo wrong!

hey man i cant help that acts and looks like a horse
Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

jeez 6500 in mods and a 14.0? wtf engine is he running, unless hes talking out his *** for mods. for an old 7 and 6500 bucks you could swap in a 20b with a fuel setup and a monster turbo, and the e/t streets. if he did that youd just be tucking your head between your legs and....well you know the rest.

however even if he did do that, just keep racing him untill it blows up. Rotary engines are great but apex seals arent, hence the reason I gave up ever wanting to own one.

so tell him to stfu and he lost, plain and simple.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

6500 includes a new engine as well as all the other mods. he blew the 1st one and just blew another seal. what would that motor with a big turbo run?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

depends what motor he puts in. The 20b is the 3 rotor and takes boost for breakfast. if he had that engine in it and a monster turbo 10's could happen easy, given the proper supporting mods.

if he has some other engine and a smaller turbo...who knows. need more detail

Oh yea, if hes not getting it tuned by a rotary professional, expect him to keep blowing the motors up.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:42 PM
B T
Launching!

6500 includes a new engine as well as all the other mods. he blew the 1st one and just blew another seal. what would that motor with a big turbo run?
How big a turbo? T66 or greater?

How much boost?

Is the car a factory pig, or does it have weight reduction?

Who the hell is building his crap (er, engines) and doing his tuning?

What is he using for tuning, fuel and timing adjustments?

I hope he has upgraded his fuel system.

On 20 PSI with a good tune and driver... maybe see high 11's and low 12's

Too many variables...

My money is on the engine!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im not sure exactly what he's got done. i havent talked to him. my buddy who knows him pretty well. he told my buddy that he was putting 340 rwhp.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Okay.... this guy with the RX-7 use to be my best friend until he got a horse for a girlfriend ....

Well anyway.... he has a 89 RX-7 with a pretty good street port and 3mm apex seal. He has a bullet proof tranny and rear end (supposedly good for 600 hp). He just got it back from getting a bigger turbo, stand-alone fuel system (with a laptop and everything), bigger injectors, and some sort of twin fuel pump system. He has a light-weight flywheel and some sort of aftermarket clutch. His intercooler is bigger than his radiator and he has relocated his battery, got rid of powersteering and AC. He has a carbon fiber hood that weighs like 10lbs and carbon fiber rims (like 15lbs ea) with ET Streets. He has gutted the inside of the car, and probaly done some other stuff he is not telling me....

He shoots like a 3 foot solid orange flame out of his tail pipe everytime he shifts gears. Well he was pushing like 21lbs of boost and fucked his apex seal . Now he has it set at like 18lbs, but he has to send it off to get a new seal. He says that he is also getting it ?half-bridge ported?

Well anyway, he is still a jackass, BUT he is no longer with Mr. Ed...

EDIT: You can now add about another $5000 to that previous total of $6500 in mods. So the grand total in mods for a 89 Rx-7 is around $11,500. And he is not done
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 PM
B T
Launching!

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
Okay.... this guy with the RX-7 use to be my best friend until he got a horse for a girlfriend ....

Well anyway.... he has a 89 RX-7 with a pretty good street port and 3mm apex seal. He has a bullet proof tranny and rear end (supposedly good for 600 hp). He just got it back from getting a bigger turbo, stand-alone fuel system (with a laptop and everything), bigger injectors, and some sort of twin fuel pump system. He has a light-weight flywheel and some sort of aftermarket clutch. His intercooler is bigger than his radiator and he has relocated his battery, got rid of powersteering and AC. He has a carbon fiber hood that weighs like 10lbs and carbon fiber rims (like 15lbs ea) with ET Streets. He has gutted the inside of the car.

He shoots like a 3 foot solid orange flame out of his tail pipe everytime he shifts gears. Well he was pushing like 21lbs of boost and fucked his apex seal . Now he has it set at like 18lbs, but he has to send it off to get a new seal. He says that he is also getting it ?half-bridge ported?

pretty good street port
>>>
ROTFLMGDFAO!

"pretty good" lol

Porting is not really worth that much on a FI rotary

half-bridge ported?
>>>

Oh Margrett, this is gonna be great!!!
Been there done that one bro!

Tell him I'll race him in my wife's auto o1 GAGT after he gets the BP work done. heh heh

stand-alone fuel system
>>>>
Does said system have a name?

I hope he can retard the ignition with said computer lol

He has a bullet proof tranny and rear end (supposedly good for 600 hp).
>>>
I split my sides wide open when I read this one!
That's good stuff!

Who built the trans and did his "rear end"?

carbon fiber rims (like 15lbs ea) with ET Streets.
>>>

I hope they are on the front lol

You forgot about the reverse throzzle nozzle right before the BOV and the "flap" door maf.

Those Titanium muffler bearings are da bomb yo!

Well, at any rate, I hope he's got a nice BC and 3 MSD 6A's like I had on mine.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B T
pretty good street port
>>>
ROTFLMGDFAO!

"pretty good" lol

half-bridge ported?
>>>

Tell him I'll race him in my wife's auto o1 GAGT after he gets the BP work done. heh heh

stand-alone fuel system
>>>>

>>>
That's good stuff!

>>>

You forgot about the reverse throzzle nozzle right before the BOV and the "flap" door maf.

im assuming all that crap he got done isnt as great as this guy said it was?? sorry i dont know anything about imports
Old 01-17-2005, 07:57 PM
B T
Launching!

im assuming all that crap he got done isnt as great as this guy said it was?? sorry i dont know anything about imports

im assuming all that crap he got done isnt as great as this guy said it was??
>>>

I doubt he has most of the mods claimed, But hey all I know is what I've been through with Mazda crap and that's what it is, crap.

$6500.00 ain't gonna get you much in the rotary Dept. trust me.

Unless he's spent alot more than we are being told.

I've been in the rotary engine thing for over 15 yrs and unless you have bunches of money to throw away, it's just a hobby.

That engine will never amount to a hill of beans.

When they are setup right they can be nice for a while but they will not last long when you more than tripple the NA power levels.

Oh, I almost forgot, "the replace the seal comment" lol

If he trashed an apex seal, that more than likely destroyed the rotor, the rotor housing for sure ( big bucks, no wammies!) and possible the center and front or rear housing depending on if was the front rotor or back rotor apex seal that broke.

BTW 3mm apex seals are not that great IMO.

To get a great 13B rotary with 3 mil seals is gonna set you back over $5000.00 just for a short block.

and it's a time bomb just waiting to go off also.

I've been dealing with Ari and Chris @ www.rx7.com for over 10 yrs...

They told be after blowing up and rebuilding my own engines and having "Hayes" build me a half BP that was total crap anyway, the only way I was getting over 500 HP reliably ( he said, a "refresh" of the engine makeing almost 500 would be required once a year"/ I said F that! @$4500.00 a year lol) was to go and buy a LS1!

At the time I thought he was nuts and I didn't even know what an LS1 was.

But, I took his advise and found out!!!

I'll never leave the DARK SIDE!!!!!!!!!

Torque RULES "." <----period

Any questions?

Any answers?

Would anyone like a stick of gum?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes gum please....lol

thanks for the info....i dont know too much about rotary engines. i have been told my my buddy who has a 3rd gen rx7 that they werent that great, but i didnt realize how many problems they really have...

my buddy w/ the 3rd gen still has it
but it carries an ls1 now
Old 01-17-2005, 08:38 PM
B T
Launching!

yes gum please....lol

thanks for the info....i dont know too much about rotary engines. i have been told my my buddy who has a 3rd gen rx7 that they werent that great, but i didnt realize how many problems they really have...

my buddy w/ the 3rd gen still has it
but it carries an ls1 now
EDIT: You can now add about another $5000 to that previous total of $6500 in mods. So the grand total in mods for a 89 Rx-7 is around $11,500. And he is not done

I need to go back and read replys more often lol
Originally Posted by SteelBallz

Well anyway.... he has a 89 RX-7 with a pretty good street port and 3mm apex seal. He has a bullet proof tranny and rear end (supposedly good for 600 hp). He just got it back from getting a bigger turbo, stand-alone fuel system (with a laptop and everything), bigger injectors, and some sort of twin fuel pump system. He has a light-weight flywheel and some sort of aftermarket clutch. His intercooler is bigger than his radiator and he has relocated his battery, got rid of powersteering and AC. He has a carbon fiber hood that weighs like 10lbs and carbon fiber rims (like 15lbs ea) with ET Streets. He has gutted the inside of the car, and probaly done some other stuff he is not telling me....

I still got him killed in the Mod Vs $$$ dept.

Although my T-76 Turbo has cost me some money after the last Majestic rebuild.

Oddly enough this car is starting to sound like what I have parked out at the farm, is it BLK/BLK loaded 54,000 on the OD and was the new trans air freighted from Japan?

Ground control coilovers and Tokico 5 ways...?

Anyone need such a car that needs a engine?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when it blows up again ill let you know
Old 01-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by B T
pretty good street port
>>>
ROTFLMGDFAO!

"pretty good" lol

half-bridge ported?
>>>

stand-alone fuel system
>>>>

>>>
That's good stuff!

>>>

Just to set the record straight.... I just summarized what the guy told me when I was talking to him at a gas station a few minutes before the post...

I know nothing about his car or about rotatary engines and I am not to be associated with this ******* in any way, shape, or form. I would love to see his car explode more than anyone else....

That was basically him talking and not me. This guy is a real jackass and it took alot out of me to even talk to him to ask him what he had done...

Now back to business...
Old 01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

how isnt porting good on a rotary....it helps spool the bigger turbos.

but uh yea....hes wasting his money...hence most of the 3rd gen 7's end up with ls1's in them....to bad hes not a 3rd gen.

Quick Reply: bend your wrist, hit it against your chest, and try to bite your ear....