Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bend your wrist, hit it against your chest, and try to bite your ear....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by generalchaos
how isnt porting good on a rotary....it helps spool the bigger turbos.

but uh yea....hes wasting his money...hence most of the 3rd gen 7's end up with ls1's in them....to bad hes not a 3rd gen.
im normally not one to judge people, but i can honestly say i have never met any one person filled with more BS than this guy is. he can actually make you angry just by talking to him about cars and nothing else. he deserves to ride a unicycle and thats about it.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
B T
Launching!

how isnt porting good on a rotary....it helps spool the bigger turbos.

but uh yea....hes wasting his money...hence most of the 3rd gen 7's end up with ls1's in them....to bad hes not a 3rd gen.
>>>

It's good if it's the "right" kind of porting.

A "BP" Bridge Port or even a Half BP will allow too much over lap leaving the exhaust and intake port open at the same time. That's not good for forced induction but will work great normally aspirated past 7 or 8K RPM but have even worse torque under 4K RPM.

Porting will gain a little more flow but it's nothing like a good cam for a V8 will do.
Since the engine is being forced fed air the porting makes just a little better flow.

The turbo size and flow is where they are getting the power from.

A rotary just like a 4 banger ain't crap with out the turbo.

I wanted to put a LS1 in my 90 TT Rx-7 and use it as a daily driver but the law says I can't due to emissions laws.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KALEL
im normally not one to judge people, but i can honestly say i have never met any one person filled with more BS than this guy is. he can actually make you angry just by talking to him about cars and nothing else. he deserves to ride a unicycle and thats about it.
wtf are you talking about. What is this BS im so full of?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wtf are you talking about. What is this BS im so full of?

not you...im referring to the guy in which this entire thread pertains to...nothing wrong with you.....as far as i know
Old 01-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KALEL
not you...im referring to the guy in which this entire thread pertains to...nothing wrong with you.....as far as i know

Ah ok, I was hoping that was the case , I didnt think I was off my rocker on anything.

Anyway keep us updated on this guy.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Well from what I hear... this guy's RX-7 is being sent off either this weekend or begining of next week to get the **** that he broke fixed and to get it "half-bridge ported"....

Updates will follow when I find out what all he messed up when he "blew his apex seal"...
Old 04-12-2005, 02:38 PM
B T
Launching!

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
Well from what I hear... this guy's RX-7 is being sent off either this weekend or begining of next week to get the **** that he broke fixed and to get it "half-bridge ported"....

Updates will follow when I find out what all he messed up when he "blew his apex seal"...

TTT

Update please.

inquiring minds wanna know...

Quick Reply: bend your wrist, hit it against your chest, and try to bite your ear....