Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Good Night 2 kills... No losses

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Night 2 kills... No losses

The other night me and my buddy decided we would go out on the town and just cruise around. We left the house and almost right away, a new GT pulls up beside me and revs on me. I was like, i know ill beat you but what the hell. We catch a light and we go and right away i pull on him hardcore. I raced to about 80 and he was about 3 car-lengths behind me. Naturally he does his ricer flyby. His car sounded mean as hell but it didnt back it up in the "fast" catagory. We cruise around a little more and i spot a new mach 1 at a stoplight in front of me. I weave through traffic to catch the light and get next to him. I compliment him on his car and he asks if i want to run him. I was a little hesitant to due to the fact that i had never raced one but i said i would. When the light turned green we launched good and already he was about half a car length ahead of me until i hit second and then we were even. By the time i hit third his front bumper was even with my rear bumper. After we raced we slowed down to around 40 and did a punch at 40. He made no kind of pull on me and we ended up going to around 100 and i had beat him by about 2 car lengths even with me letting off a little to go around a slight curve. We caught another light and i complimented on his car and he complimented mine and went our separate ways. Ill tell u one thing, for only being a 4.6 those new mach 1s can move, especially off the line. I thought it was all over when he instantly pulled on me.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Good kills!! What kind of car you were driving?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Teching In

1998 trans am. 6 speed. 95000 on the clock. With intake, exhuast, and jet stage 2 chip. unfunctional ram air hood
Old 10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_king95
1998 trans am. 6 speed. 95000 on the clock. With intake, exhuast, and jet stage 2 chip. unfunctional ram air hood
Chip huh......is that some sort of fuel ship that you add when you fill up? I heard those are good for 80rwhp, now you just need a 50 shot of stickers
Old 10-26-2004, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.jetchip.com/domestic/pcm.cfm?id=681
that is the chip. I have the stage 2 for my 88GTA. I think i could feel the diffence. I am not sure how they are on the newer cars, probably the equivilant of an inexpensive tune for lightly moddified cars like his. you only really need a custom tune when you start getting into new cams/heads/etc. right?
Old 11-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 88GTA
http://www.jetchip.com/domestic/pcm.cfm?id=681
that is the chip. I have the stage 2 for my 88GTA. I think i could feel the diffence. I am not sure how they are on the newer cars, probably the equivilant of an inexpensive tune for lightly moddified cars like his. you only really need a custom tune when you start getting into new cams/heads/etc. right?
Find me a chip for a 98TA, and I'll be all over it......
Old 11-07-2004, 05:32 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin Hall
Find me a chip for a 98TA, and I'll be all over it......
There is a chip dumbass. There never used to be, but Jet came out with a "module" (chip) awhile ago that you place into the harness of your computer.

Hell, he even gave you the website to go look for it ....