Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

94 or so Trans Am goes down!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 or so Trans Am goes down!

Alright, my 2nd race in my car. Driving down the road I pass this looked like a 94 Trans Am or so because it didnt have the high spoiler. It was a guy driving that looked about 19(3 years older than me) and we were goin but never really got a chance to run, so I turn off onto a long 4 lane street and he follows, we are goin about 30 and I downshift into 1st and wait for him to do the same and we both gun it. By about 80 I had a good 2 cars on him. Then we went again from 60, I downshifted to 2nd and he did the same and hit and i had him by about the same amount by 90. Then the last race from about 60, so again downshifted but this time he jumped first and I had about 3 cars on him by 110! Man I can barely type my adrenaline is pumping soooo much! I know i shouldnt of been racing because of my limited seat time and experience but I just couldnt resist. I turned off on my street(which i wish I would have kept goin) becuase right when i turned the light a few yards up turned yellow so we would of both been first at a light. Oh well, before I turned i gave him a thumbs up out my window and he did the same. As far as I could tell he had a different exhaust but thats all I know of. so thats LS1-3 and LT1-0! I would of probably beat him by more but im used to driving an automatic so I dont realize i have to shift so thats delayed alittle bit. It wasnt to good when I got home, i could smell the hint of burnt clutch. Oh well it will alright, I hope haha!
Old 10-30-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill, gotta get used to the clutch though so you can start power shifting and really take advantage of the LS1. I used to smoke my clutch a little when I first got my Z28, but I like to think of it this way, if I do break something I can just replace it with something better! Good job and start modding that WS6!