Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TR230 Cammed SS VS Pullied Cobra's! Vid

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I hear ya...but this guy is saying a bolt on (pulley'd) Cobra that makes 478rwhp traps 109mph? Stock Cobras have run 112mph. See what I'm saying?

You think I'd drop a full second going from Michigan to Florida? I race with a DA around 2500 usually and 85degrees F.

...and I could run a 11.7 while standing on the brakes before line.
thats what i am saying that you just happen to know how to drive it well enough to get those times. the heat and nasty humidity here is just making these cobras run slow for the rwhp figures. i should be posting the video of me vs the 460rwhp cobra sometime today and you will see what i am talking about.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

I hear ya...but this guy is saying a bolt on (pulley'd) Cobra that makes 478rwhp traps 109mph? Stock Cobras have run 112mph. See what I'm saying?

You think I'd drop a full second going from Michigan to Florida? I race with a DA around 2500 usually and 85degrees F.

...and I could run a 11.7 while standing on the brakes before line.
Ummm.It's easy to trap high spinning halfway down the track.This guy is on ET streets.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaegermeister2k
Ummm.It's easy to trap high spinning halfway down the track.This guy is on ET streets.
You're clueless.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
the heat and nasty humidity here is just making these cobras run slow for the rwhp figures.
Is it hotter than 85-90's with 80 percent humidity? Thats' when I race. since that's a typical Michigan summer.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Big Turkey
Nice runs!

Either on that 109mph run he missed a gear big time or his car is blew up and put it self back together.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

I got with an argument with jaeger and his Need2speed.com friends before about these claimed 450+rwhp Cobrakills. me vs all of them lol. There was no use trying to argue/reason with them.

I did really like jaeger's signature though...too bad that had to go, lol.

Whitecamaro, as stated in your other thread, i can't wait to see this video of your latest unbelievable kill. First an 04 Z06 w/ an X-pipe where you pulled up top??, now a 450rwhp Cobra. Lets see the vid!
Old 12-04-2004, 07:38 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

that was freakin awesum. nice kill and death
Old 12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
There was no use trying to argue/reason with them.
You're right on the money there. Don't waste your time. Apparently it only takes wheel spin to trap 130mph instead of raw horsepower and ET Streets cause people to lose 20mph or so.

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
I did really like jaeger's signature though...too bad that had to go, lol.
Me too...had to kill it though.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

You're clueless.
I was trapping 110 with stock tires and no cam.With tires and same setup my mph went down considerably.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I was trapping 110 with stock tires and no cam.With tires and same setup my mph went down considerably.
Of course it does. I don't dispute that...but not 15mph!! Maybe 2mph tops.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Of course it does. I don't dispute that...but not 15mph!! Maybe 2mph tops.
i never said 15.I was talkin about that idiots post above who thinks that a car with traction and a car spinning halfway down the track will trap about the same.NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For quick reference, this is my car, ONLY mods being 2.8 and CAI (stock mid pipe, stock c/b, stock everything else) with a custom tune. This was ON et streets, but not the best traction. Here is the timeslip, followed by the vid. If you want to force yourself into believing that cobra was running how it's supposed to, and it helps you sleep better at night, that is fine.

Temp F. 97
Relative Humidity 98
Absolute Baro 31.25

R/T... .489
60'... 1.804
330... 4.990
1/8... 7.620
MPH... 93.99
990... 9.799
1/4... 11.762
MPH... 119.36

http://home.comcast.net/~chalupa28/MYPASS1.WMV

But hey, if it makes you feel better that you put a whooping on a cobra that dynoes that high and walked it by that much, and still tell your self that cobra was running how it "should" have been (I don't know what was wrong with it), than go for it.

for ***** and giggles, that Z06 ran a 13.033@111.98 Someone needed some SERIOUS driving lessons!

EDIT: I have no clue of what my car dynoed at this time, but I am POSITIVE it was less than the guys you raced. My race weight was 3865 .

Last edited by 5.8litrels1eater; 12-04-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Administrator

i never said 15.I was talkin about that idiots post above who thinks that a car with traction and a car spinning halfway down the track will trap about the same.NOT EVEN CLOSE.
I agree 100% there.

I am referring to your buddy's Cobra. There is something seriously wrong with it or he just doesn't know how to drive. It should trap about 123mph. ET Streets might rob him a mph or two, but 109mph traps? No way. Something just ain't right. I'm not too far off that in the 1/8th.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
For quick reference, this is my car, ONLY mods being 2.8 and CAI (stock mid pipe, stock c/b, stock everything else) with a custom tune. This was ON et streets, but not the best traction. Here is the timeslip, followed by the vid. If you want to force yourself into believing that cobra was running how it's supposed to, and it helps you sleep better at night, that is fine.

Temp F. 97
Relative Humidity 98
Absolute Baro 31.25

R/T... .489
60'... 1.804
330... 4.990
1/8... 7.620
MPH... 93.99
990... 9.799
1/4... 11.762
MPH... 119.36

http://home.comcast.net/~chalupa28/MYPASS1.WMV

But hey, if it makes you feel better that you put a whooping on a cobra that dynoes that high and walked it by that much, and still tell your self that cobra was running how it "should" have been (I don't know what was wrong with it), than go for it.

for ***** and giggles, that Z06 ran a 13.033@111.98 Someone needed some SERIOUS driving lessons!

EDIT: I have no clue of what my car dynoed at this time, but I am POSITIVE it was less than the guys you raced. My race weight was 3865 .

Z06KILLA's car does about the same 1/4 mile times as yours but with less mph.

I get really tired of arguing about this.I've raced so many cobras,and alot of it has been posted on the net.Now i understang that it's hard to beleve that a car making 100 rwhp less then another winds,but it happens.But hey.If it helps ya sleep better at night to list every possible reason why that cobra is running like a pice of ****,then go for it buddy.

That same cobra on street tires btw way trappin alot higher then it is now.Like i said.His tuner had the car checked,and it seemed fine.He beleves it's driver error.But her.WHatever.A horse died in it,and now it's cursed.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Z06KILLA's car does about the same 1/4 mile times as yours but with less mph.

I get really tired of arguing about this.I've raced so many cobras,and alot of it has been posted on the net.Now i understang that it's hard to beleve that a car making 100 rwhp less then another winds,but it happens.But hey.If it helps ya sleep better at night to list every possible reason why that cobra is running like a pice of ****,then go for it buddy.

That same cobra on street tires btw way trappin alot higher then it is now.Like i said.His tuner had the car checked,and it seemed fine.He beleves it's driver error.But her.WHatever.A horse died in it,and now it's cursed.
I'm not arguing about it, but I would like to make one last point. When going from a roll, as you two did, the et doesn't mean too much since both cars "should" be getting decent traction. The more important factor IS the trap. My dyno numbers were probably about 30+rwhp DOWN than the ones he posted, and about 45 DOWN in tourque. My point of the previous post is that he should have been trapping MUCH higher than 107 (my car trapped 113 BONESTOCK). I just want you to realize that his car isn't at 100% as you claim it is. I don't know if he is on any of the sites, but he needs to seriouslyu get that **** checked out! It's clearly not making the same numbers that were posted in that vid. Simple point, than I will stop this internet bullshit fighting........

His car did NOT make 100 more rwhp than your car during that race. That is all .
Old 12-04-2004, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

His car did NOT make 100 more rwhp than your car during that race. That is all .
But the black cobra did.Well.Like i said before.I've raced ALOT of cobras with abotu the same outcome.What do you want me to do.Get every car check out before they race?if they can't keep power from the dyno to the races that's not my problem.We had some races,got it on video for your viewing pleasure,and hope you watch us again when our next video comes out.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But the black cobra did.Well.Like i said before.I've raced ALOT of cobras with abotu the same outcome.What do you want me to do.Get every car check out before they race?if they can't keep power from the dyno to the races that's not my problem.We had some races,got it on video for your viewing pleasure,and hope you watch us again when our next video comes out.
I don't remember the black cobra, but cbrtrx probably does (well with his mods he most likely makes LESS than 100rwhp more than you) and they are the results that I have gotten when racing cammed Ls1's when my car just had the 2.8 and intake, trapping 119. I'm really not trying to start ****, I'm speaking from my personal experience. I'm also not a hater of the LS1, but realize when something is up. I figured your car trapped 116 and was told you haven't had yoru car to the track, than someone posted up saying they watched your car go 113, than you said you trap 115. It's completely believable, but you just have to realize that a car that traps 115 shouldn't be beating cars from a roll that dynoes a number that other cobras are trapping around 123.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

I don't remember the black cobra, but cbrtrx probably does (well with his mods he most likely makes LESS than 100rwhp more than you) and they are the results that I have gotten when racing cammed Ls1's when my car just had the 2.8 and intake, trapping 119. I'm really not trying to start ****, I'm speaking from my personal experience. I'm also not a hater of the LS1, but realize when something is up. I figured your car trapped 116 and was told you haven't had yoru car to the track, than someone posted up saying they watched your car go 113, than you said you trap 115. It's completely believable, but you just have to realize that a car that traps 115 shouldn't be beating cars from a roll that dynoes a number that other cobras are trapping around 123.

Peiople just get too cought up with numbers.479rwhp is just a number that was captured at 1 RPM during the whole run.There's more to a car that peak HP or trapspeeds.Oh well.Can't please everyone.From now on it'll be.Jaegermeister2k vs. some dode.No mods no numbers.Maybe then everyone will be able to enjoy a video for what it is,and not a reason to start a 5 page wrzone in every messege board it has ben posted.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Administrator

You and I are on the exact same page, which doesn't surprise me since we are just stating what happens with 99% of our cars.

Jaeger - It's not about internet fighting...and sorry if I was a dick previously. Honestly though, something doesn't add up here. There's just no way a car with those mods is trapping that low. Maybe the guy isn't getting out of 3rd gear or is shifting at 5,000rpm. Who knows, but something's up.

A win is a win so kudos to you for that. No p-hation out of me there.

Just fyi...I had a LS1 that went mid 11's @ low 120's so I have been on both sides of the fence.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great vid Jeager! Love the music and good kill. BTW Jeagers got a nice little cam there. Alot of new cams have come out in the past year. Alot of cams that could put 3-4 cars on the cams of old. Now I doubt the cobra was making 100 more horse than the camaro. But I will say this a good cammed ls1 vs a pully+chip cobra and my money's on the ls1. I don't care if the cobra traps what he says he does or makes the power he says he has. Why worry about it? Just go race the Cobra yourself if you doubt his boasted numbers.