Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taught a lesson to 2 guys in a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There sure are a lot of 13.9's 1/4's on this page.

LS1 1/4 Times

More BS

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

i guess my stock vette would be a pretty good match with a stock z from a stop...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
The Evo, STi from a dead stop are even with the Z in the 1/4 slight advantage to the Evo. From a roll it's a Z all the way.

From a dead stop Z vs. LS1. It's a drivers race if not a slight advantage to the LS1.

05-06 Mustang from a dead stop again it's a drivers race.
Simply, and entirely, WRONG.

The EVO and STi will both pull a Z hard through the entire powerband. They run low 13s.

The LS1 will also pull a Z through it's entire powerband with no real effort. They run low 13s/high 12s with much higher traps than the EVO/STi.

The 05/06 Stang will be a drivers race if they can't drive, but if they can it's lights OUT for the Z.

I think the only driver's race we'll be talking about is a stock A4 LT1 vs a Z.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
Simply, and entirely, WRONG.

The EVO and STi will both pull a Z hard through the entire powerband. They run low 13s.

The LS1 will also pull a Z through it's entire powerband with no real effort. They run low 13s/high 12s with much higher traps than the EVO/STi.

The 05/06 Stang will be a drivers race if they can't drive, but if they can it's lights OUT for the Z.

I think the only driver's race we'll be talking about is a stock A4 LT1 vs a Z.
WRONG.... they run mid to high 13's. Alot of that is because of the AWD launch. Take the launch away and go from a roll the Z will beat it. No question. When my car was stock I raced plenty.

Respect
JET
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Magazine times say the evo/Sti run a 13.0 flat @ 105ish....... My eyes saw evo's and Sti's run high 13's and mid 14's. The drivers suck at the AWD launch.

Still what you are talking about is a great Z driver and a crappy Evo/Sti driver. Get a good driver in both cars and the Z will be seeing tail lights.

and everyone knows that nascar starts dont constitute as a race. The biggest factor in drag racing is the launch... and the drivers skill/cars ability to overcome inertia. Roll races take that away

take a look at those ET's you posted. Look at the trap speeds. A good launch and those cars would be doing a whole lot better... they definitely werent driven to their potential.

Jet I know what you are trying to say and do.... you will never win here though the way you are trying to.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Congrats at looking at page 31 of 33 to find a spot that proves your point. It also shows there are sure of alot people running faster than a 13.9 only ~675 of them.

Around here a stock fbody runs ~14.4 a stock 350Z runs ~15.2. A drivers race???? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-06-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jetpilot, whatever you have been reading you are dead wrong, I have raced a few Z's and it hasnt been a contest. One of my best friends recently bought a 350z and hangs out with a Z club and I have see their times as they have had local dragstrip days with their club and most cant crack 13's, a lot of low 14's. I think the best was a 13.9 @ 102 mph and that was with a pop charger and a borla catback. Honestly if possible try to get to a local track and watch some 350z's run and some ls1's run and i garauntee you will see the difference. Most people on this board respect any sports car (350z, s2000, evo, sti, etc, etc, etc) so you dont have to jump to the 350z's defense and bash f-bodys, especially on this website. I hang out with a bunch of evo's, sti's, srt-4's, m3's, vettes, other f-body's, and some 350z's and obviously we have run our cars against each other im telling you right now I would put money on an evo, f-body, sti, and maybe even an srt-4 stock for stock against a 350z. Now again this isnt taking fit and finish, handeling, etc into the equation, im just talking straight line performance. Just chill out before you get banned and you will find out that not everyone on this board thinks nothing can beat an LSx vehicle and can appreciate other sports cars, such as a 350z.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Jetpilot,
LOL! I love how you hand pick some of the slowest fbod runs. That proves nothing. If the same list existed for 350z's that particular page would consist of 14.9 runs. I don't care if this is an LS1 site or not, this is not about bias, this is just about fact, and the fact is an LS1 fbody is significantly faster than a 350Z given exact same driver skill, running condition, track condition, temperature, DA, etc etc.

you want to compare the best runs of the 350Z with the worst runs of Fbod's?? LOL. Heck there are vipers who have only run 13.9's, does that mean they are actually 13.9 second cars?? Does that mean that a 350Z is also a drivers race against a viper?? Give it up man, you are just making yourself look like an ***.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
WRONG.... they run mid to high 13's. Alot of that is because of the AWD launch. Take the launch away and go from a roll the Z will beat it. No question. When my car was stock I raced plenty.

Respect
JET
You have never been to a track, have you?

I frequent sacramento raceway and sears point. I've seen many.. many.. stock EVOs and STis run 13.2-13.4s consistantly, provided their drivers know how to drive.

The cars also trap slow for their quarter times, due to AWD, however they're no joke from a roll. I believe a Z would have an easier time from a roll, but would still get pulled. Not to mention the modding potential of a stock evo/sti over the z is incredible.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Now I'm glad the kill stories on the ImpalaSSforum.com is password protected. Keeps all the trolls outta it. I think it's pretty stupid that someone gets on here just to start bad mouthing a car involved in a race. Especially since the thread is a few months old.

Matt
Old 11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
You have never been to a track, have you?

I frequent sacramento raceway and sears point. I've seen many.. many.. stock EVOs and STis run 13.2-13.4s consistantly, provided their drivers know how to drive.

The cars also trap slow for their quarter times, due to AWD, however they're no joke from a roll. I believe a Z would have an easier time from a roll, but would still get pulled. Not to mention the modding potential of a stock evo/sti over the z is incredible.

Your right about the stock evos and stis. But their top end is severely limited and they won't take a Z from a roll as long as the gearing is fair. AWD kills power at the high end 22% drivetrain loss severely hampers the car from a roll.

Honestly I'd just ignore Jet at this point he's getting severely rediculous and doing the exact opposite of people saying the Z is a pos because it's not fast in straight line. Z is slower then a LS1 in the 1/4 mile. There's no questioning this what so ever. Doesn't mean the Z isn't a good car though and I don't see why your on this crusade to prove this Jet. Sounds to me like you bought the wrong car and you essentially look like you have ***** envy.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, a lot of people with shitty tires Jet. Look at the 102-106 mph they are posting.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

funniest thread i've read in a while....thanks to the ignorant people in this thread for making me laugh :tup:
Old 11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Im just a little confused. The origional kill was a straight line race. He didnt say they raced around a track so what does it matter who handles better in this thread?

Now go look in the mirror and tell yourself that a 350z can keep up with an ls1. See how long you can go without laughing.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, hey thanks for resurrecting my thread. You come on here being an ignorant jackass, attacking our cars, and you expect us to respect you. Lets see, where to begin.

1) Stock Z vs. Stock LS1..tailights for the Z, no question, nice looking cars, probably great handling, but with my 13 yr old cousin driving, the LS1 still pulls away.

2) An Fbody can be made to handle well, most people set them up for drag.

3) Wow, Z's are now in the 11's and 12's. The last thing you want to do is come one here and spout of some slow E/T's considering the majority of the guys on here run 11's and under all day long.

4) You make stupid ricer comments about 2 extra cylinders, run what ya brung or go home.

5) You unfortunately, represent a lot of the typical Z owners I come across, "The Z is a great car with a lot of history" bullshit, so is the Camaro, whats your point?

Pull up beside me in your Z, I will be glad to smoke you to, wanna go through some "twisties" ricer boy, my cars not set up for drag, it may not handle like a Z, but it does pretty damn well, and for where it may be lacking, it more than makes up for it in gearing and power. So go back to 350Zpricks.com and preach your incoherent rambling of non-sense, and leave the real car enthusiasts alone..Thanks

RESPECT
Ben

Last edited by HOSS; 11-06-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

well said. Lets end this one.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Blah Blah Blah Blah.....

Hoss...Does your 13 year old cousin have a mullet too?

JET
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

hey jetpilot, pilot your *** off a cliff. Face it your 350Z is not any bit a contender with an LS1 fbody or vette. The 350Z is one of the most overpriced overrated piles of crap on the market. 30,000+ for a heavy *** 287bhp tank. What is that at the wheels?? Maybe 230whp, what a joke, pre-2005 GT stangs put that to the wheels and we put train lenths on those fools. Learn your order in the food chain pal. Your car has only one thing going for it, good looks. That is all I can give it. I have punished tooooo damn many of these 350Z fools on the street. Hell, they wont even step up any more, they learned their lessons and went home w/ the tail between their legs. Will someone put the link up of the 350Z's and the bolt-on fbody's and cam'd fbody's going at it. There is a TT350Z that gets edged out by a cam only LS1. That sir is a sad *** car, to have twin turbos and still get beat by a cam only LS1. Glad to see so many smart people buy 350Z's and dump crazy amounts of cash into them only to get beat by a car w/ mild mods. It took a 60-1 trim turbo and supporting mods to beat cam'ed fbody's in that video, that is a friggin disgrace. Bone stock, at the shitty local track after some practice w/ the 6 speed I turned 13.3@106 mph STOCK. show me a 350Z that can even some close to that w/ bolt-on's. Lid and catback got me to a 13.1@107 and now w/ the mid lenth headers 12.9@111, so stuff that up your 350Z luvin *** you clown.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by HOSS
nope, runnin 70 its easy on new asphalt
How much HP and Torque you putting down to be able to spin at 70 mph... you would have to have skinny tires or 600 hp or more at the rear wheels..
Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
hey jetpilot, pilot your *** off a cliff. Face it your 350Z is not any bit a contender with an LS1 fbody or vette. The 350Z is one of the most overpriced overrated piles of crap on the market. 30,000+ for a heavy *** 287bhp tank. What is that at the wheels?? Maybe 230whp, what a joke, pre-2005 GT stangs put that to the wheels and we put train lenths on those fools. Learn your order in the food chain pal. Your car has only one thing going for it, good looks. That is all I can give it. I have punished tooooo damn many of these 350Z fools on the street. Hell, they wont even step up any more, they learned their lessons and went home w/ the tail between their legs. Will someone put the link up of the 350Z's and the bolt-on fbody's and cam'd fbody's going at it. There is a TT350Z that gets edged out by a cam only LS1. That sir is a sad *** car, to have twin turbos and still get beat by a cam only LS1. Glad to see so many smart people buy 350Z's and dump crazy amounts of cash into them only to get beat by a car w/ mild mods. It took a 60-1 trim turbo and supporting mods to beat cam'ed fbody's in that video, that is a friggin disgrace. Bone stock, at the shitty local track after some practice w/ the 6 speed I turned 13.3@106 mph STOCK. show me a 350Z that can even some close to that w/ bolt-on's. Lid and catback got me to a 13.1@107 and now w/ the mid lenth headers 12.9@111, so stuff that up your 350Z luvin *** you clown.
He's a clown agreed. But there was a 350z that did a 13.6 stock. Most people hit 13.7-13.9 in the Z and there's a Z now with bolt on's who hit 12. Considering what the car was designed for thats impressive.

Shrug you can pick up a base model Z brand new for about 26,000 out the door. Not a bad bargain really for a 300hp car that is really designed to handle well. I mean that's been the whole idea behind the Porsche Boxster. It does what it was designed to do well most cars do.

Still comparing these two cars are stupid they are designed for two entirely different things. For whatever reason Jet is on a 350z crusade with a need to prove something. I'm a big fan of a Z but I'd be quite happy to see him stop posting because he's overegaerate and been wrong about so many things with the Z.