Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taught a lesson to 2 guys in a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005 | 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I had to resurrect this thread after reading these ridiculous posts. To hear the “kill” stories of how much faster you cars are is absurd.
i jsut saw this thread and while the original post is extremely gay yours inst far off.

If you compare apples to apples here and look at hard numbers for stock vehicles you won’t be laughing so hard. The 98 Camaro with the 5.7 liter LS1 ran 5.3-60mph, and 13.6 in the quarter mile. The stock Z with a 3.5 liters motor runs 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 in the quarter. The true humor is that you have 2 more cylinders and 2.2 more liters, and still run a marginally quicker ¼ mile, and nil on the 0-60.
The Z will absolutely put to shame the Camaro on a road course. No competition there. Solid rear axles? The suspension on Camaro’s is archaic.
who cares? ls1 is still faster, BUT the Z absolutely puts the camaro to disgrace as far as interior, fit/finish, and most importantly in my opinion, feedback. ive driven 4th gens, they are boats and the brakes are so horrible it hurts my brain to think about them. the Z is a heavy car, but the steering, braking, everythign on that car is glorious when pushing it to its limits on a road course. not to mention the astounding torque from the v6, yes it is a v6 but drive one, teh torque is unbeleivable. no its not lsjuan torque but for a v6 it is nothing short of spectacular. and again putting a Z thru its paces on a road course is nothing short of pure joy even in stock form. a 4th gen with its crappy brakes and less than innovative suspension and feel cannot compete from what imo matters, a true drivers standpoint. i understand most you guys here are straightliners, but if you drive both cars around a road course they are not comparable. the Z is a much better car hands down. same with drifting too, but you guys dont wanna hear that.

So you raced some young kid with an automatic 350Z and you won. Big F*ckin deal. You should pay some respect to the Z it deserves it. for the same price the Z is a much better all around package than the LS1 Camaro/Trans Am.
i read OP 1st post and really doesnt soudn liek a race. soudns like the camaro pulled a ricer flybye, guy throws the peace sign for.....*gasp* a polite peaceful greeting, insecure in manhood camaro driver must display that he does have the larger *****, burns off and 350z guy probably honestly didnt give 2 ***** about racing, probably thought you were just out joyriding.

Greddy Twin Turbo Z’s running high 12’s? I have news for you. Single Turbo Z’s are in the low 11’s. As soon as tuners figured out the tuning maps it was all over. There are FI Z’s on stock blocks running 500 rwhp.
quoted for truth. a lot of people are turboing their Z's and only running 4 pounds because htey are too lazy to get them tuned, adn they jsut want that turbo sound. you know, like fbody drivers who only buy exhaust and longtubes to make their car sound "good" but they dont even know what a cam does.

The Z is rice? Because it comes from Japan? The Z is not rice any more than every Camaro driver has a mullet.
quoted for truth. the 350z is an awesome peice of machinery, and was not built to run 12's out of the box, it was made to be a true sports car, which it truley excels in.

Respect
JET
trolling doesnt allow respect, however i dont think having a post count but basically stating that deep down you are a ricer, and pulled a ricer flybye on a Z is deserving of any respect either. read most this thread, was bored and figured id get in my .02 on how gay this entire thread was.
Old 11-11-2005 | 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
i jsut saw this thread and while the original post is extremely gay yours inst far off.

who cares? ls1 is still faster, BUT the Z absolutely puts the camaro to disgrace as far as interior, fit/finish, and most importantly in my opinion, feedback. ive driven 4th gens, they are boats and the brakes are so horrible it hurts my brain to think about them. the Z is a heavy car, but the steering, braking, everythign on that car is glorious when pushing it to its limits on a road course. not to mention the astounding torque from the v6, yes it is a v6 but drive one, teh torque is unbeleivable. no its not lsjuan torque but for a v6 it is nothing short of spectacular. and again putting a Z thru its paces on a road course is nothing short of pure joy even in stock form. a 4th gen with its crappy brakes and less than innovative suspension and feel cannot compete from what imo matters, a true drivers standpoint. i understand most you guys here are straightliners, but if you drive both cars around a road course they are not comparable. the Z is a much better car hands down. same with drifting too, but you guys dont wanna hear that.

i read OP 1st post and really doesnt soudn liek a race. soudns like the camaro pulled a ricer flybye, guy throws the peace sign for.....*gasp* a polite peaceful greeting, insecure in manhood camaro driver must display that he does have the larger *****, burns off and 350z guy probably honestly didnt give 2 ***** about racing, probably thought you were just out joyriding.

quoted for truth. a lot of people are turboing their Z's and only running 4 pounds because htey are too lazy to get them tuned, adn they jsut want that turbo sound. you know, like fbody drivers who only buy exhaust and longtubes to make their car sound "good" but they dont even know what a cam does.

quoted for truth. the 350z is an awesome peice of machinery, and was not built to run 12's out of the box, it was made to be a true sports car, which it truley excels in.

trolling doesnt allow respect, however i dont think having a post count but basically stating that deep down you are a ricer, and pulled a ricer flybye on a Z is deserving of any respect either. read most this thread, was bored and figured id get in my .02 on how gay this entire thread was.
You sir, are a trip...If you re-read the first post in this year old thread, you will see that I gave these kids the jump, then proceeded to pass them like grandma on a sunday morning. Honestly, I really could care less how much better the Z can handle in stock form compared to the Fbody. I like both cars, I chose the Fbody because its pretty damn impressive in stock form. None of my suspension is stock on my car FWIW, and I think it can go around a turn pretty damn well, and as I said before, for where it lacks in the handling to the 350Z in a road course, it will more than make up for it in gearing and power. I also asked around a 350z forum, and MOST of them are running 8 lbs of boost and only putting down 380-400 rwhp. SAD in my opinion when you spend 4-5k and can barely get 400 rwhp out of it. So grab an ice cold Bud Light, Mr. Pseudo Polite Text Troll, and take your shitty opinion elsewhere, because I could seriously give a **** what you think after a year old kill.
Old 11-11-2005 | 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
Lets not get carried away. If you want a real sports car get a Z06. The REAL "Z"

Regarding the Fbod's, I agree the brakes aren't that great but with a few suspension tweaks, they handle a LOT better than you foreign fans think. Thats just the argument you guys love to fall back on since you are seriously overpowered by them. And regarding quality....it isn't much better on the 350Z from what I hear...
Old 11-11-2005 | 07:39 AM
STF Veteran

god can i jus like wax this guys *** ben???, and yeah im def bringing my yellow turd down this evening when i get off so get ready for a ride *****. but any way LS1!!!!!!

350Z BY LS1!!!
Old 11-11-2005 | 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love Grave Digging trolls...... may this thread RIP
Old 11-11-2005 | 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill regardless of how cool some of them are.
Old 11-12-2005 | 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

haha

evil stang, i was looking forward to seeing your car tonight when we were doing bens cam, when you plan on comming down let me know too i would love to check it out
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

end of story...