Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo couldn't hang ... then wrecks. Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:59 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo couldn't hang ... then wrecks. Pictures

I'm heading home from school and see what appears to be a "modded" new Evo in front of me. I make a slight detour onto a different highway and catch up to him. We get side by side and it's some "thugs-life" white kid all slouched over in his seat w/ 1 hand on the wheel bouncin his head and pimpin his ride.

He looks over and gives me the look like "pshhh, you wish buddy ..." which just made me smile. We are cruising around 60 or so, I honk 3 times and we go. He stays with for about a second while I get into my power band and then Poof, he is left. By the time I let off like 50 or so mph later, I had at least 2 bus's on him. He comes back for more, we slow to around 30mph or so, right in the prime of 2nd gear and Poof, destroyed even worse. One or two more times, same result.

So I figure I made my point and go around a cloverleaf to go back in the direction I came from and go back home .... he follows me (even though he was originally not going this way at all). We come up on the sweeping right hand turn that leads from the eastbound service road of this highway, to the southbound lanes of the other highway. I routinely do 70-75mph around this turn, and I find it to be tons of fun ... could probably do a least 85 or so before it would become a problem, but I have no desire to go that fast.

So here I am, driving up this onramp around 75mph or so, with the Evo following around 6-8 cars back. I'm watching him in my rearview as we sweep around the turn and he seems to be just following suit at my speed. I check the rearview just as I exit the turn and I see him ramping off the embankment, at least 3-5 feet in the air sideways over the 2 southbound lanes of the highway. He hits the ground right in the grass median in the middle of the highway and slides to a stop with tons of grass/dirt flying everywhere right before he enters into the northbound lanes of the highway.

I went back in my beater car a min or two later to check and make sure he was alright, which he seemed to be fine. The car however was pretty fucked up, with the whole front end smashed in, side skirts pretty damaged, rims and rear fascia had crazy dirt and grass in them, one of the tires looked like it had come off the rim (couldn't really tell with all the dirt) ... it was pretty badly messed up. I feel bad for the kid, but for the life of me I just cannot understand what the hell he did. He was not going faster than I was, it is a turn that a pretty normal car could probably do at like 65 or so without flying off the road ... how could an evo with all the crazy "grip" they are supposed to have, manage to fly off a perfectly easy onramp?

Evo Driver =

Footnotes:
1. WS6 beats Evo, baddddly (w/ no juice)
2. Evo Follows WS6 up relatively easy onramp.
3. Evo flys off onramp, into the air, and lands in the median.
4. Evo driver is okay, car is pretty fucked up.
5. See below for pictures.

As with all my stories .... this is a friend of mine, not me.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:02 AM

Pictures:
Sorry I didn't think to take them when the car was there, but I went back the next day and got some of the tracks ... so you guys can just picture a wrecked evo making the tire marks, that should be just fine.

The big truck is coming up the onramp, and I am taking the picture from the southbound lane of the highway we were getting onto.

Area between the onramp and the highway which he used to get airborne.

Looking Straight south .... notice the tiremarks stop and then start again at the opposite side of the road ....

The Median inbetween the north/southbound lanes of the highway ... where he landed, spun out, and finally came to a stop. The pictures didn't come out too good cause I was moving, but those are 6-10 inch deep ruts.

Ouch.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome I've been waiting to see those pics. Good kill. He was probably just showing off his off-roading powers for ya. One thing's for sure if that doesn't teach him to know his limits and be a little more careful nothing will.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

your suppose to have pics of the car lol

nice kill though
Old 12-13-2004, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Owned. :\ Glad the kid is ok, but I wonder what made that supposedly awesome rally car lose grip besides driver error....
Old 12-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's never cool to see someone wreck a car that they enjoy. Fortunately the kid's alright. Cars can be replaced.

With that being said, what a dumbass!

That's a serious kill phantom.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

How literal can you get?

That actually happened to me awile back. I murdered this black Camaro and he lost it around a curve after flying by when I let off. I posted about it, but didn't get any pics. CRAGER went by to verify that I wasn't lieing because there were doubters about some of my stories.......imagine that!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill Phantom! Darwinism at its best.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by baldurann
Owned. :\ Glad the kid is ok, but I wonder what made that supposedly awesome rally car lose grip besides driver error....
Yeah I know .... I talked to a good friend of mine who LOVES Evo's, and knows a good deal about them. The only thing we could come up with is that the middle section of the turn looks slightly sharper then it actually is ... so maybe he just misjudged it, over-compensated, and then lost it?

I agree it's never fun to lose the car you love, and if I was in his place I would be mighty pissed at myself (not to mention he followed me a good deal out of his way before he wrecked his car) ... probably would've been a good idea to just give up after he got destroyed a half dozen times. Either way I was glad to see he was okay .... I didn't even think about whipping out the camera until a few hours later, and by that time it was dark and the car was most likely long gone. I figured you guys would like these pictures anyways.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Goes to show that you don't race on roads that you aren't familiar with.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

white thug gets owned
Old 12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice Kill!!!

Sucks about his car, but not much you could do about it...
Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

that was literally a kill
Old 12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Banned

He must have thought he was EVOkanevil
Old 12-13-2004, 08:42 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedte37
He must have thought he was EVOkanevil

Good one!
Old 12-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Good one!
That was pretty good.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome man, that was kinda funny actually
Old 12-14-2004, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know what happened:

His white thug bandana must have fallen over his eyes, while his gold chain got kinked in the steering wheel, causing him to panick, which then made his pants slide down even further, effectively tying his legs together= he wrecks.

or maybe he pulled out his chrome nine, accidentally discharged it into his cd player, sending his destinys child cd into his forehead, he freaks out, causing him to fling his untied "timbalands" off, they then wedge themselves on the gas pedal= he wrecks
Old 12-14-2004, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by psykoTa
I know what happened:

His white thug bandana must have fallen over his eyes, while his gold chain got kinked in the steering wheel, causing him to panick, which then made his pants slide down even further, effectively tying his legs together= he wrecks.

or maybe he pulled out his chrome nine, accidentally discharged it into his cd player, sending his destinys child cd into his forehead, he freaks out, causing him to fling his untied "timbalands" off, they then wedge themselves on the gas pedal= he wrecks
ROTFL ... I guess one of those could possibly be the reason?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

way to go mike... you are really striving to take out the competition up there in new york eh?