Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 beat Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
****...I didn't know we where arguing about friends' cars. Here's a friend's car:

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...n_200pass.mpeg

Chris - unfortunately you're babble holds no water now that you drive a minivan
Um thats fast The best I can do is a Civic that runs 9.4???
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

turbos2k....you say you have hurt many of z06... have you ever raced a modded one without corky romano driving? i own a modded s2k and modded z06 and there is no freakin comparison. and lets not even talk about torque...no one is arguing that anything can be fast... but a modded s2k is gonna break and break and break.... that just the way it is when you take a 11.1 compression n/a motor and chnge the whole platform.... and add in the weak rear ends and you have to wonder whats the point.... its an awesome cornering car that has decent pick up and good looks, but its by no means a strait line street machine...you def. are in the 1% of s2k owners with that kinda of power but there are a **** load of camaro,vette,z06,mustang owners putting out 500-1000hp with the torque to match.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by u lose
turbos2k....you say you have hurt many of z06... have you ever raced a modded one without corky romano driving? i own a modded s2k and modded z06 and there is no freakin comparison. and lets not even talk about torque...no one is arguing that anything can be fast... but a modded s2k is gonna break and break and break.... that just the way it is when you take a 11.1 compression n/a motor and chnge the whole platform.... and add in the weak rear ends and you have to wonder whats the point.... its an awesome cornering car that has decent pick up and good looks, but its by no means a strait line street machine...you def. are in the 1% of s2k owners with that kinda of power but there are a **** load of camaro,vette,z06,mustang owners putting out 500-1000hp with the torque to match.
I know this. @ 430rwhp I only had 280lbs of Tq. I am on my 4th motor and going on my 3rd diff. It sucks, one thing that is funny is that we a re looking at putting the 8.8 in diff from a 03-04 Cobra. How do they hold up? I will have to have the Drive Shaft shop make me a drive shaft and axles
Old 01-05-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

no suprise your on your 4th motor.

and theres no way your pushing that much without a built bottom end.

so you've spent 15k or more on your setup.. 6k turbo setup, 6k bottom end.. + tuning for 430rwhp.. wow thats impressive. and that was on 2 bad pistons and a head gasket.. so i guess.. make that motor # 5 huh? lol
Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
I know this. @ 430rwhp I only had 280lbs of Tq. I am on my 4th motor and going on my 3rd diff. It sucks, one thing that is funny is that we a re looking at putting the 8.8 in diff from a 03-04 Cobra. How do they hold up? I will have to have the Drive Shaft shop make me a drive shaft and axles
if i had an piggy-bank like uncle scrooge (duck tales) than maybe i would be compelled to own a s2k and modd it to that level. Or have a garage with glass walls filled with every ride in exsistence.......either or, im spending the same amount of cash! J/K Serioulsy though, just doesnt seem as a smart decision.

Also, cant go around talking smack and posting anothers numbers to gain respect..........430 hp/ 280 trq. is not gonna cut it around here.you might be lighter and im gonna argue the handling dynamics but.........dont go around bragging about the races you've had around your part of town when you have no idea of wats really out there...also, i wouldn't be pleased if you used my ride for your benefit of respect or watever your goals when registering here.........

just remember, we all have the same goals when it comes to our trade....with obviouly different means........tell that to your buddies and maybe we'll have a communtiy of real enthusiasts relating about wat we like and how we achieved it.

unit, my bad.couldnt help myself..........
Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pikemike
What a thread! Some stupid ****** on that thread posted the worst lie of his life. Everyone knows how hard it is for a s2000 to beat a viper in a straight line. But then again they will beat the living **** out of just about any ls1(c5 excluded) on the track(autocross). hell even the gayest car in the world(miata) will **** on the c5 and keep up with the z06 on a circuit track. sure you can modify anything to beat anything in a straight line with enough $ but on a circuit track to make a ws6 or a camaro ss beat a s2000 would cost a shitload..

just my 2 cents on the topic
you cant be serious?!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

German V8, V10 and V12 muscle is pushing 4dr luxo sedans to 12 second et's.
Last supercar I knew of sporting a forced induction 4cyl was a Lotus Esprit.
What's it got now??? Ahh, exactly. Big cubes = big grunt, now, now, now... not eh, wait a second, er,oh! now! [turbo kicked in, but I just got my *** handed to me].

Top fuel dragsters, homemade dragsters, and other fast cars are all American muscle running 8 seconds or less in the 1/4 for much much much cheaper than a 4 cylinder POS with a 'GREDDY SUPER CATBACK EVO', or a turbo pushing way more boost than the tiny motors can sustain over a period of time.

Slap a turbo, or supercharger on a Vette or Viper or what have you, you have just made this car even faster.
If you want to compare stock motors under boost, then you have to compare a boosted V8 to a boosted VTEC or whatever.
Not a boosted VTEC to an N/A V8. V8's simply produce more power under N/A to N/A or boosted to boosted.

I've done over 70 passes at the strip with my Z, powershifting half of my shifts. The car still drives on it's origional clutch and other than oil, haven't done any maintenance on it. How many engine's would it cost you with a 400+ HP 4 banger?

Face it, you want to go fast, you go with big cubes.

Last edited by tlaselva; 01-06-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tlaselva
German V8, V10 and V12 muscle is pushing 4dr luxo sedans to 12 second et's.
Last supercar I knew of sporting a forced induction 4cyl was a Lotus Esprit.
What's it got now??? Ahh, exactly. Big cubes = big grunt, now, now, now... not eh, wait a second, er,oh! now! [turbo kicked in, but I just got my *** handed to me].

Top fuel dragsters, homemade dragsters, and other fast cars are all American muscle running 8 seconds or less in the 1/4 for much much much cheaper than a 4 cylinder POS with a 'GREDDY SUPER CATBACK EVO', or a turbo pushing way more boost than the tiny motors can sustain over a period of time.

Slap a turbo, or supercharger on a Vette or Viper or what have you, you have just made this car even faster.
If you want to compare stock motors under boost, then you have to compare a boosted V8 to a boosted VTEC or whatever.
Not a boosted VTEC to an N/A V8. V8's simply produce more power under N/A to N/A or boosted to boosted.

I've done over 70 passes at the strip with my Z, powershifting half of my shifts. The car still drives on it's origional clutch and other than oil, haven't done any maintenance on it. How many engine's would it cost you with a 400+ HP 4 banger?

Face it, you want to go fast, you go with big cubes.
I understand what you are getting at. Still, you have a motor that is more then 2 times larger then mine and I still make more Hp and better1/4 mile times. I like the car I have, if I was in a stock S2K and saw a Z06 I wouldnt even try. With what I have now I would kill a stock one beat a Mod. one and hang with a very fast one. I just think its fun to look over after your 4cyl just handed your *** to you. You guys do get mad!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

With what I have now I would kill a stock one beat a Mod. one and hang with a very fast one.
Honestly...that's not true. Bone stock Z06's CAN run high 11's given the proper driver. J-Rod has gone mid 11's bone stock in his Z06.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Well since your boosted, maybe you should run Harlen's car That be a fair boosted vs boosted race. You should check out this sites Forced induction list, and the list is big & fast, so is this sites Spray List (wish to be a part of soon)
Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 AM
B T
Launching!

Ok, this is great. You should slap your GTS buddy for this. I dont understand why everyone on here is talking ****. Any car can be fast. Like this guy that has a ZO6, sorry buddy but I would walk you *** at the track and on the street. 372rwhp, thats not much. I have made a offer to your buddy with the Viper. I will run him @ the track or street for $1k. If that is not bad I also have a 1.6 sing cam Civic that I will also put up $1k. Just because you have a V8 or V10, that means ****. I have HURT many Z06, GT3, and 2 vipers. Just remember, I make more Hp to the wheels then Mr GTS has at the crank. Have a nice day haters and I will be the new in town. If you have any questions you can go to www.inlinepro.com . I dynoed @ 430 rwhp with a blown head gasket and 2 bad pistons and over 450rwhp @ 18lbs. So

450rwhp @ 18lbs
>>>>

Take the turbo off and Dyno it again

Any takers on what that dyno graph would look like?

Just turn up the wick a little more too two atmospheres and maybe you'll clear 500

Got Boost? yes I do, now I just need to figure out where the hell this connecting rod came from!

Stuff it till she pops! again....

Hey, anyone wanna take a stab on figureing out how much 18#'s is good for on a tuned LS1? ( if it would hold together lol )

One second whilest I wipe off my screen .....I was just thinking how that kind of acceleration would feel with how my car is now.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't argue the whole "take off the turbo" thing. It's run what ya brung in my book.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
B T
Launching!

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I wouldn't argue the whole "take off the turbo" thing. It's run what ya brung in my book.

I hear ya, I was just pointing out how it ain't **** without it lol.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I'm with you on that. I won't pull my power adder off for nobody.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by pikemike
What a thread! Some stupid ****** on that thread posted the worst lie of his life. Everyone knows how hard it is for a s2000 to beat a viper in a straight line. But then again they will beat the living **** out of just about any ls1(c5 excluded) on the track(autocross). hell even the gayest car in the world(miata) will **** on the c5 and keep up with the z06 on a circuit track. sure you can modify anything to beat anything in a straight line with enough $ but on a circuit track to make a ws6 or a camaro ss beat a s2000 would cost a shitload..

just my 2 cents on the topic
Yeah like the ring. oh wait, Last I heard the C5 Z06 was one of the few cars under 100k who could do better than an 8 second lap on the nurburgring (it and the R34 I believe), and the z51 c6 was only a few seconds behind.

Man I hope to one day get to drive a couple laps on the Ring. Not a chance it's actually gonna happen tho.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bottlefed5.0
I'm with you on that. I won't pull my power adder off for nobody.
Affirmative!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

like was stated before.... if blkturbos2k is running 11.9 at 118 then that is right on par as to what a stock z06 can pull off with a good driver... my z06 has ,383 block, huge t-rex cam kit (that doesn't like the under side of 3000rpm), kooks headers, off road x-pipe no cats, corsa exhaust, donaldson intake,msd this and that, and a crazy aggressive tune. i put the power down to a set of 335 piolit sports in the rear......wonder what i'd run at the track...never ran it yet

to run with a very fast z06 is one that has a 383 or 427 worked...ever seen a 427 TT? npt to much can stand up to that, no mater how turbo'd the s2000 is..
Old 01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your Vett is slow
oh okay. You live close by. You know what that means. Only one way to find out how slow she actually is. Oh and by the way. I never said it was fast.

Last edited by Crypt keeper; 01-06-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

i here a whooping in the mist.........ding ding ding!!! ZO6 by.........wait a minute.....wheres the other driver?

OH there he is, on the side of the road spewing out smoke and covered with oils and metal shavings.......well, at least he can get to 9k rpm...hehehehehehe!!! but can he come back? hmmmm?

Quick Reply: S2000 beat Viper GTS