Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Best friend bought an '04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Best friend bought an '04 GT

And don't worry, I tried to talk him out of it.

Ok, so the Sunday after Thanksgiving, my good friend Bin went out and bought a beautiful black 2004 Mustang GT, 5-speed, fully loaded, In-dash 6 disc CD Changer, leather, the works. He's always had a thing for Mustangs and he got exactly what he wanted so I'm happy for him.

Race 1... 40mph roll, GT giving the signal...
So we get beside each other right around 40mph, both of us in 2nd, I look over and give him the thumbs up . 1 honk, 2 honks, 3 honks, I let him get the jump. So he guns it a split second before I do, by the end of my 2nd gear (~70mph) I had caught up and was starting to pull hella hard. Grabbed 3rd and thats all she wrote, by the end of 3rd (~95) I had probably 4-5 cars on him, shifted to 4th and ran it out to 115 and he was fading. Helluva race.

We pull over and hes got the biggest smile on his face, (these were his first races btw.)
I ask him, "Fun?"
He just laughs and says "Oh yeah."
"Go again?"
"Hell yea!"

Race 2... 40 mph roll, he decided he didnt like giving the 'go' signal, so I did.
Again, side by side at 40 (his car sounds incredible btw, but he said the same about mine) 1, 2, 3, and we're off. This time I took off with him and it was nastier than the first race. I only ran this one out to 95 because I saw him flash his highbeams. Had probably 2 cars on him by then.

Pull over again, same look on his face, even though he lost he was just enjoying the crap out of himself.
"One more?"
"Absolutly"
This time we decide on a 20mph roll so we can try 1st gear out. We wanted a stop, but we just couldn't get set up.

Race 3... 20 mph roll, I'm giving signal again.
Pull out of Go-Mart and there's nobody in front of us as far as the eye can see. So again, 1, 2, 3, and I roast my rear tires through the rest of 1st and all through 2nd . So he pulls out maybe a 1 car lead on me. I shifted the hell out of the 2-3 shift and in a flash I'm side by side with him again, then, bye bye Mustang. Top of 3rd I had a 2 car lead and was pulling away. Ran this one out to about 125, and he kept falling faster an faster.

After this 3rd race he decided he had to go home because he has to work early in the morning. So I asked him if he let off on any of the races, and he tells me he ran race 1 to 110-115, Race 2 to right at 100, and race 3 to 120. All in all it was an awesome night. I hated to end it so early.

He did let me drive the Stang for about 5 minutes, and I must say, I am jealous of the clutch in that car, very stiff and gives a great response.

I was hoping my friend Morgan was going to come with his '04 Skittle, btu he couldn't make it. His girlfriend was going to tape it all for us too

Hope you all enjoyed and drive safe!!

Cliffs notes: I beat my buddies Mustang pretty easily, from a 40mph roll twice, and from 20mph once while playing catch-up.

I love you LS1
Old 01-09-2005, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

wow good runs.. actually surprised at first the gt kept up so well being his first races and in a 5speed, then i see ur have but few mods. what if anything did he have done, im assuming a catback since it sounded good right? man wish hed bought a 05 gt, then we coulda heard some results from the new ones vs a relativly stock ls1!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
wow good runs.. actually surprised at first the gt kept up so well being his first races and in a 5speed, then i see ur have but few mods. what if anything did he have done, im assuming a catback since it sounded good right? man wish hed bought a 05 gt, then we coulda heard some results from the new ones vs a relativly stock ls1!
He's still stock and I might as well be. I just think those cars sound really good stock. And he's been driving a manual for the last 2 years, and by the time we raced he had a month or so of experience of driving the Stang. Maybe not racing, but I'm sure he had ran it hard quite a few times.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sixspeedfirebird
And don't worry, I tried to talk him out of it.

Ok, so the Sunday after Thanksgiving, my good friend Bin went out and bought a beautiful black 2004 Mustang GT, 5-speed, fully loaded, In-dash 6 disc CD Changer, leather, the works. He's always had a thing for Mustangs and he got exactly what he wanted so I'm happy for him.

Race 1... 40mph roll, GT giving the signal...
So we get beside each other right around 40mph, both of us in 2nd, I look over and give him the thumbs up . 1 honk, 2 honks, 3 honks, I let him get the jump. So he guns it a split second before I do, by the end of my 2nd gear (~70mph) I had caught up and was starting to pull hella hard. Grabbed 3rd and thats all she wrote, by the end of 3rd (~95) I had probably 4-5 cars on him, shifted to 4th and ran it out to 115 and he was fading. Helluva race.

We pull over and hes got the biggest smile on his face, (these were his first races btw.)
I ask him, "Fun?"
He just laughs and says "Oh yeah."
"Go again?"
"Hell yea!"

Race 2... 40 mph roll, he decided he didnt like giving the 'go' signal, so I did.
Again, side by side at 40 (his car sounds incredible btw, but he said the same about mine) 1, 2, 3, and we're off. This time I took off with him and it was nastier than the first race. I only ran this one out to 95 because I saw him flash his highbeams. Had probably 2 cars on him by then.

Pull over again, same look on his face, even though he lost he was just enjoying the crap out of himself.
"One more?"
"Absolutly"
This time we decide on a 20mph roll so we can try 1st gear out. We wanted a stop, but we just couldn't get set up.

Race 3... 20 mph roll, I'm giving signal again.
Pull out of Go-Mart and there's nobody in front of us as far as the eye can see. So again, 1, 2, 3, and I roast my rear tires through the rest of 1st and all through 2nd . So he pulls out maybe a 1 car lead on me. I shifted the hell out of the 2-3 shift and in a flash I'm side by side with him again, then, bye bye Mustang. Top of 3rd I had a 2 car lead and was pulling away. Ran this one out to about 125, and he kept falling faster an faster.

After this 3rd race he decided he had to go home because he has to work early in the morning. So I asked him if he let off on any of the races, and he tells me he ran race 1 to 110-115, Race 2 to right at 100, and race 3 to 120. All in all it was an awesome night. I hated to end it so early.

He did let me drive the Stang for about 5 minutes, and I must say, I am jealous of the clutch in that car, very stiff and gives a great response.

I was hoping my friend Morgan was going to come with his '04 Skittle, btu he couldn't make it. His girlfriend was going to tape it all for us too

Hope you all enjoyed and drive safe!!

Cliffs notes: I beat my buddies Mustang pretty easily, from a 40mph roll twice, and from 20mph once while playing catch-up.

I love you LS1
Nice job, the new gt isn't slow by any means. It runs mid/high 13s and it's 27k. It's a bargain for sure right now unless gm has an idea about the 2007 camaro. Only time will tell. Nice win again!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Nice job, the new gt isn't slow by any means. It runs mid/high 13s and it's 27k. It's a bargain for sure right now unless gm has an idea about the 2007 camaro. Only time will tell. Nice win again!
Thanks

Yea, the 05s run a little better, I dunno about mid 13s though? I've heard most are about 14 flat. But it will always be a Mustang
Old 01-11-2005, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool

Nice Kills! Don't like the new Gt's. Or the previous years. They are slow. The Mach 1's too..... They are slow.. I will say they are great to race after I happen to lose to a mod'd C5..
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sixspeedfirebird
Thanks

Yea, the 05s run a little better, I dunno about mid 13s though? I've heard most are about 14 flat. But it will always be a Mustang
yes, I was thinking of the 2005s. The mach ones are like 14 flat. Some high or lower but a good round figure.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
Nice Kills! Don't like the new Gt's. Or the previous years. They are slow. The Mach 1's too..... They are slow.. I will say they are great to race after I happen to lose to a mod'd C5..
Ah, but not that slow, hehe.