Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Racing and COPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left work at Home Depot once, and hauled *** down the street getting up to about 90 or so in a 40, then a few intersections sitting in traffic and i see about 4 squad cars pull up behind me and cut behind me in traffic. So im thinkin oh **** im busted, so im like i'll turn left and see if their going after me, sure enough i turn and they all turn their lights on so i pull over. One cop comes over to my car while the rest have their guns drawn out behind me and another cop kinda walkin on the passenger side. The cop comes over and says we got a report of someone stealing from the Dominicks, and im thinkin "wtf", so im like no i work at the home depot next door or w/e and their like drivers license and **** like that so i give it to them and their like oh wrong guy. Their like just take it easy leaving work next time. That was a close one.

Another time im at a light and nobody is around so i take off and am going through the gears and somewhere in 3rd gear doin about 80 or so in a 35 and i see a cop so coming the other direction so i slam on the brakes and the cop does a u-turn and turns the lights on. Comes over to me and says you know how fast you were going and im like ummmmm i dono 40 or so, hes like 55. Im like fukk im so getting a ticket for this ****. But he let me off with a warning so all was good.

Up here there is a mcdonalds on barrington road that a lot of racers would meet up at so one night there must have been a **** load of cars. We all went up there, all the sudden the exits are all blocked with cops and theres no way to get out and all the cars that were sittin there got tickets and ****, so were like crap how we goin to get out of here. All the cars that would leave kept getting pulled over and questioned why they were there and stuff. So we're like lets make a break for it down the side street here or w/e so we don't get caught. A few cars take off down the street, and one cops goes after us but he gets a slow *** ricer kid who couldn't keep up so we got off on that one.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
Uhh...maybe pickup his radio or cell phone and call it in. You guys just don't think do you. Or maybe it is his duty ride and he decides to do it him self, what is your defence. But probably he was just being smart and mature and knew when to end something before it got outta hand. Any way, good luck next time you get pulled over, smart ***.
Friggin Idiot!!! It amazes me you actually have a license!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Once I was lined up about ready to launch and they came right behind me & the other guy. I pissed in my pants so they gave me a break...
dude are u ******* serious....dont admit that **** in this forum
Old 02-11-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wlz28
I never found out if the cop did or didn't have my plates and if he didn't the boonies were just in front of me and there are no cops that patrole the country around there. But I have gotten away from them on more than 1 occasion Not like you see on TV or anything, but they were definately hunting for me. Here's another story! Me and a bunch of my friends get together on weekends and cruise around together (Terifies the local rice ) This night it was me in my camaro, Buddies in LT-1 WS-6, 5.0 Mustang, LS-1 WS-6 and an LT-1 TA. We all cruise down this main st. in town and there's a party on the corner. Drunk (under 21) kids everywhere most of them I had went to school with and hadn't seen in forever. We all go by and I think we all give the place a good rev. I turned down some side streets and the rest of the pack follows and I come up beside the place on the other road beside it. Everyone recognized me and Started taunting me. "Burn em tiimmmay burn em". So bein the show off I am I was happy to ablige. So I turn left and get rolling about 10-15 and just hamered down. The tires broke loose and reved to around 6 grand. (Long tubes off road y cat back and 2-3 story building on each side of the road, yea I was makin some noise.) Then my friends in the ws-6 and the 5.0 do the same behind me. Just as the mustage takes off "THE MAN" came outa nowhere and me and the ws6 were prolly already 50 ft. or so ahead of em at the next stop sign. We all stopped and when we seen the cop pull my friend in the mustang over in a parking lot we both turned right at the stop sign. and then split up at the next stop sign (Prolly 50 yds or so) I guess when the cop seen us pull away he told the 5.0 not to *****n move and got in his car to come get us. He ended up gettin my buddy within minutes and by that time I was out of town and had my car in the garage. I guess the cop was PO'd wrote them both up for wreckless opp. And they said no one new eachother. Drove through that town the verry next day and I got followed around a little bit but they had no proof of what happened the previos night so they had nothin on me
damn u have alot of stories but thats halarious about how u got away so fast!!! i would have hauled *** 2...kinda everyman for himself in those situtations
Old 02-11-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by johnws6
Left work at Home Depot once, and hauled *** down the street getting up to about 90 or so in a 40, then a few intersections sitting in traffic and i see about 4 squad cars pull up behind me and cut behind me in traffic. So im thinkin oh **** im busted, so im like i'll turn left and see if their going after me, sure enough i turn and they all turn their lights on so i pull over. One cop comes over to my car while the rest have their guns drawn out behind me and another cop kinda walkin on the passenger side. The cop comes over and says we got a report of someone stealing from the Dominicks, and im thinkin "wtf", so im like no i work at the home depot next door or w/e and their like drivers license and **** like that so i give it to them and their like oh wrong guy. Their like just take it easy leaving work next time. That was a close one.

Another time im at a light and nobody is around so i take off and am going through the gears and somewhere in 3rd gear doin about 80 or so in a 35 and i see a cop so coming the other direction so i slam on the brakes and the cop does a u-turn and turns the lights on. Comes over to me and says you know how fast you were going and im like ummmmm i dono 40 or so, hes like 55. Im like fukk im so getting a ticket for this ****. But he let me off with a warning so all was good.

Up here there is a mcdonalds on barrington road that a lot of racers would meet up at so one night there must have been a **** load of cars. We all went up there, all the sudden the exits are all blocked with cops and theres no way to get out and all the cars that were sittin there got tickets and ****, so were like crap how we goin to get out of here. All the cars that would leave kept getting pulled over and questioned why they were there and stuff. So we're like lets make a break for it down the side street here or w/e so we don't get caught. A few cars take off down the street, and one cops goes after us but he gets a slow *** ricer kid who couldn't keep up so we got off on that one.
u know after reading all 3 of those...u are one ******* lucky person...my *** wouldnt have made it none of those times....20 years old and im black w/ a red SS and 400hp on tap...LOL i dont get outta tickets
Old 02-11-2005, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Here's the scene: About 50 - 75 cars in a warehouse district with a long staight, no streets entering on one side of the street, and on the other side of the street warehouses and parking lots with streets entering about every 1/8th mile or less.

Cops plan: To come and surround the parking lot and block the only two entrances in and out of the parking area.

The Race: A supercharged LT1 Vette and my '93 Formula with bolt on's and a 75 shot. We are all lined up when I see the police lights coming in on the side street behind us... I start getting a little nervous and the flagger drops the flag. I was like f#@k it, and we both take off. We are approaching 90 mph when the police are coming out of the next side street and try to pull out and block us. We fly by them and stay on the gas. We shut down about 120 and he had about 2-3 feet on me... very close race. Anyways we jumped on the highway and went up a few exits and waited to see if anyone else made it out.

Results for the police: Well my friend got caught up in the parking lot and said they wrote at least 30 tickets if not more for MIP's, drunk in public, inspections and anything else they could write a ticket for. Needless to say the races were all but over for the night.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

I got bumped one time when I had my Mustang. I was at a light heading to my G/F's house and it was three lanes. On the outside lane was a sweet looking G/N, I didn't think anything of it (armed the juice just in case).light goes green and I take off like normal, until I hear the turbo spool. When he got to my front fender I let it fly. I go to slam third gearand glance in the mirror, whoopsy, those look like cop lights. I was kinda lucky though, after we had both stopped I was the first one on the chopping block. He has us out of the cars and handcuffed sitting on the curb and he asked us if we were having fun. I said "not anymore". He then asked us who was ahead when we stopped. (the big break) The moron in the GN proudly stated "I was ahead but I think it was short lived", He has a full head of steam on me when we started and I had not gone past him yet. The cop looked at me and said "you better thank him later". He arrested the GN driver and let me off with a warning. He made me sit there and watch him go thru the rights and put him in the car. After he was in the car the cop asked me if I had ever gone to the track, I replied "yeah itgoes mid 12's on the spray". He said he had seen me there and that he bracket races a mustang. He was mad when the guy in the GN spoke up so fast and that one of us had to go to jail and he didn't want to see my car in impound. I say I got real Lucky that HE had stopped us and have been alot more careful racing since then.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GREATWHITE
I got bumped one time when I had my Mustang. I was at a light heading to my G/F's house and it was three lanes. On the outside lane was a sweet looking G/N, I didn't think anything of it (armed the juice just in case).light goes green and I take off like normal, until I hear the turbo spool. When he got to my front fender I let it fly. I go to slam third gearand glance in the mirror, whoopsy, those look like cop lights. I was kinda lucky though, after we had both stopped I was the first one on the chopping block. He has us out of the cars and handcuffed sitting on the curb and he asked us if we were having fun. I said "not anymore". He then asked us who was ahead when we stopped. (the big break) The moron in the GN proudly stated "I was ahead but I think it was short lived", He has a full head of steam on me when we started and I had not gone past him yet. The cop looked at me and said "you better thank him later". He arrested the GN driver and let me off with a warning. He made me sit there and watch him go thru the rights and put him in the car. After he was in the car the cop asked me if I had ever gone to the track, I replied "yeah itgoes mid 12's on the spray". He said he had seen me there and that he bracket races a mustang. He was mad when the guy in the GN spoke up so fast and that one of us had to go to jail and he didn't want to see my car in impound. I say I got real Lucky that HE had stopped us and have been alot more careful racing since then.
glad u didnt say somthin first huh...damn that sucks for the other guy though...lol better them than u
Old 02-12-2005, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

This first story was like, 2-3 years ago.
I used to drive a focus, that was all riced out to hell (nice hood tho. the rest sucked. has straight piped exhaust...sounded worse than a bumble bee in a can, but was louder than hell =))
So i'm sitting at a light, cruising around town. when a guy in a probe pulls out of the line waiting, gets into the emergency lane, then takes the turn to the right (the turn around spot). so i follow, and a guy in a honda is behind me.
Right as the honda turns out, i see disco lights. "great. but i shouldnt get in trouble bwuahahahahha". so the cop comes hauling *** up behind the honda, cuts him off (almost putting him into the ditch i might add), and gets behind me. So i pull into the next lane, thinking he is going to go for the probe.
NOPE!!!! Turn into taco bell, gives me a ticket for making an "illegal turn". so i ask him, why didnt he go after the honda he almost caused to wreck. or the probe that started the train....his answer "you were closer". i said "bullshit you ******* don't lie to me. you got me cause my car is nicer than theirs" he says "good night" and leaves....bastard.
2nd story is in late october. on 75 south through Chatty, TN.
I am cruising along minding my own buisness when a white ws6 rolls up next to me. "oh god yes" i think.
I cant see into his dark *** windows, so i floor it and leave him by about 1 car. well i let off to keep the race fair, and he just FLYS by me. so i pound the accel again to give chase. (sorta hoping he would do the same and we could have a real take off).
well, i look down at the speedo, and see 145 fly by. "oh my god" i'm thinking, as i've never been this fast in my life lol.
then the needle touches me stearing colom, 155+.
the next thing i see, BLUE LIGHTS AGAIN! "oh ****. i'm going to jail". well, the guy in the white ws6 dosent even slow down, (i have the breaks for the floor this time. accepting the *** handing that is comming.) and lo and behold, the cop goes AROUND ME, and gets the guy in the ws6.
Never felt so lucky in my life.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mimic42100
This first story was like, 2-3 years ago.
I used to drive a focus, that was all riced out to hell (nice hood tho. the rest sucked. has straight piped exhaust...sounded worse than a bumble bee in a can, but was louder than hell =))
So i'm sitting at a light, cruising around town. when a guy in a probe pulls out of the line waiting, gets into the emergency lane, then takes the turn to the right (the turn around spot). so i follow, and a guy in a honda is behind me.
Right as the honda turns out, i see disco lights. "great. but i shouldnt get in trouble bwuahahahahha". so the cop comes hauling *** up behind the honda, cuts him off (almost putting him into the ditch i might add), and gets behind me. So i pull into the next lane, thinking he is going to go for the probe.
NOPE!!!! Turn into taco bell, gives me a ticket for making an "illegal turn". so i ask him, why didnt he go after the honda he almost caused to wreck. or the probe that started the train....his answer "you were closer". i said "bullshit you ******* don't lie to me. you got me cause my car is nicer than theirs" he says "good night" and leaves....bastard.
2nd story is in late october. on 75 south through Chatty, TN.
I am cruising along minding my own buisness when a white ws6 rolls up next to me. "oh god yes" i think.
I cant see into his dark *** windows, so i floor it and leave him by about 1 car. well i let off to keep the race fair, and he just FLYS by me. so i pound the accel again to give chase. (sorta hoping he would do the same and we could have a real take off).
well, i look down at the speedo, and see 145 fly by. "oh my god" i'm thinking, as i've never been this fast in my life lol.
then the needle touches me stearing colom, 155+.
the next thing i see, BLUE LIGHTS AGAIN! "oh ****. i'm going to jail". well, the guy in the white ws6 dosent even slow down, (i have the breaks for the floor this time. accepting the *** handing that is comming.) and lo and behold, the cop goes AROUND ME, and gets the guy in the ws6.
Never felt so lucky in my life.
yea u wouldve def. gone to jail....155+ probably in what 70-75..damn my lisence gets tossed in this area for **** like that...LUCKY
Old 02-12-2005, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

yeah it's a 75mph limit through that part of chattanooa
Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had a few close calls with the law, and one incident running from the cops. Stupid idea, but it ended good.

I was in this neighborhood by my parents house about an hour after I got done racing this CRX. ( My friend knew him from HS.) Anyway, my friend who was with me happened to know where he lived, so we decided to drive by it. His car was in the drive way, so I decide to do a brake stand outside his house. Anyway, I do it, smoke everywhere, lights in surrounding houses come on. We are sitting there waiting for him to come outside, when I look up the hill and I see this cop halling *** in my direction with his lights on. (He is parked in a church parking lot, and there is only one exit. So he had to backtrack about a block the other way to get to the main road so he could turn back down the residential street I was on) So anyway I decide I will work my way through the neighborhoods I know well, and I make it back my house safe.

Call it luck.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Teching In

im pretty much sold on the fact that once the cops get close to my *** and see the USMC sticker on the back, they leave me alone. i was in my truck and this mid mid40's old guy in a nissan caravan kept messing around. one light came and we both gunned it, i had him by about a car (i drive a v6 dak) then i drop her in neutral around 55-60, he gets ahead of me, then slows for the next light, which we catch. light turns green, we both punch it and as i'm passing him i finally see this 8-9 year old girl in the back seat waving(damn tinted windows), i cut it right then but we were doing about 45-50 this time, i look over to the left and i see a state trooper coming the other way, as soon as we pass him the lights come on, the trooper gets behind me(van was ahead of me, but in the right lane) i go to get in the right lane so i can pull over when all of a sudden the cop guns it and gets behind the guy in the minivan, and proceeds to make the guy pull over in a gas station, i get in the right lane and just wait for the cop to signal me over when i turn, still nothing, i watch the cop get out of the car, walk up to the minivan, and even start pointing(like hes explaining what the hell he just saw) needless to say, i didnt get a ticket or anything, and i hope that old man got a big fine cus the little girl wasnt even wearing a seatbelt, i mean she was standing up in the van, bracing herself on the seat and waving at the same time!!! WTF PEOPLE, street racing is dangerous(even in a 16 sec truck, hahaha) but why the hell would you subject your kids to the chances of it being dangerous for them, especially without wearing a goddamn seatbelt on city streets. i still thank the sticker though, plenty o'times i shoulda got tickets for speeding and various others, but either cop just followed me for awhile, or pulled me over and then let me go, an ooh-rah usually followed those though. hahahha.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Last summer I went out to the local airport to watch a race. After the first two runs I got bored and figured we had been there long enough so I get ready to go. There was a Ricer lined up to the left waiting for his opponent when I said "what the hell" and lined up beside him. He looks over and his eyes got real big while he was shaking his head and I laughed and launched for a dry run. I had a great run and backed down to a 100 or so for the left curve at the end, slowed down, made my left and went on back to the hangout. Later, the guys show up and said a cop turned in behind me just as I launched and for about 5 seconds tried to chase me. He never got close enough to see my plate and the guys with the scanner said he was hollerin' about the Cobra being too goddamned fast. Hell, I didn't have a clue. Now, they kinda look at me a bit when I'm rolling by. Especially when I throw 'em a playful rev as I go by.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a passenger in my buddies car one night when we got in a three-way race. We were in a 98 Z28 QMP turbo car 600hp/700tq, middle car was a WS6 with heads, cam and a 200 shot 600hp/700tq and the car in the far lane was a 2000 SS QMP car 700hp/800tq. We raced until about 140 when we started slowing down and saw the lights from the cops. We all kept going until about 185mph and the cop turned his lights off. I would have given up too.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
Whats he gonna do? NOTHING!!!

in his own car, probably in street clothes, then pulls out a "badge"
No, but he could have called it in, had an on-duty police officer write the tickets and then show up in court to testify
Old 02-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Racing, with my self..... So I get off work with a 2 day break ahead.... It's summer , the weather is perfect and I feel like I'm 18... I tell my wife "I'm going partying back where I grew up , for a day or 2" . She says ok, I hit the road, T-Tops out, stereo cranked. I'm in my '02 TA, with my vanity plates on - MRBOBO. I get on my favorite 2 lane ,country hiway: curvy, banked and smooth as glass, but: I got like 3 slo pokes in front of me and can't pass. I want to fly, but can't. Finally, I see a big opening, go to 2nd gear (M6) and burn all 3 of them W00T!!! Open Road! I get to about 100mph and just hold it there, slowing a little for corners, but not much. I see 2 cars oncoming, **** the 2nd one is a COP...radar detect. starts blasting... I mash the brakes.. anti-locks are engaged, the pedal is kicking back...Cop hits their lights. ****
I pull over, cop turns around, pulls behind me. Then the usual license/reg.... So SHE (the Cop) walks back to me and returns my license / reg, and has a ticket.
Cop: well, I got you locked in at 74mph (in a 55)
mrbobo: Ok. (shew!! I know I was doing 100, I'm happy about only 19mph over)
Cop: At least you wern't doing 100mph, weaving in and out of traffic!!
mrbobo: Excuse me ??
Cop: Let me refresh your memory: I-71S, 6:30 am, merging onto I270-W - you almost cut me off, doing over 100mph, I was off duty- I called ahead to my buds on my cell phone, but they most not have caught you.
mrbobo: (I'm thinking - yep, that's how I drive to werk...but hey bitch, I never cut anyone off) How do you know it was me ??
Cop: (points to my vanity plates) MRBOBO (in a snarly tone)
mrbobo: ok then
I grabbed the ticket and drove off , stayed all night at a hi school buddies place and put on a great drunk. I did not renew my vanity plates the next year.

Last edited by mrbobo; 02-17-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrbobo
Racing, with my self..... So I get off work with a 2 day break ahead.... It's summer , the weather is perfect and I feel like I'm 18... I tell my wife "I'm going partying back where I grew up , for a day or 2" . She says ok, I hit the road, T-Tops out, stereo cranked. I'm in my '02 TA, with my vanity plates on - MRBOBO. I get on my favorite 2 lane ,country hiway: curvy, banked and smooth as glass, but: I got like 3 slo pokes in front of me and can't pass. I want to fly, but can't. Finally, I see a big opening, go to 2nd gear (M6) and burn all 3 of them W00T!!! Open Road! I get to about 100mph and just hold it there, slowing a little for corners, but not much. I see 2 cars oncoming, **** the 2nd one is a COP...radar detect. starts blasting... I mash the brakes.. anti-locks are engaged, the pedal is kicking back...Cop hits their lights. ****
I pull over, cop turns around, pulls behind me. Then the usual license/reg.... So SHE (the Cop) walks back to me and returns my license / reg, and has a ticket.
Cop: well, I got you locked in at 74mph (in a 55)
mrbobo: Ok. (shew!! I know I was doing 100, I'm happy about only 19mph over)
Cop: At least you wern't doing 100mph, weaving in and out of traffic!!
mrbobo: Excuse me ??
Cop: Let me refresh your memory: I-71S, 6:30 am, merging onto I270-W - you almost cut me off, doing over 100mph, I was off duty- I called ahead to my buds on my cell phone, but they most not have caught you.
mrbobo: (I'm thinking - yep, that's how I drive to werk...but hey bitch, I never cut anyone off) How do you know it was me ??
Cop: (points to my vanity plates) MRBOBO (in a snarly tone)
mrbobo: ok then
I grabbed the ticket and drove off , stayed all night at a hi school buddies place and put on a great drunk. I did not renew my vanity plates the next year.
HAHA, NOW THAT IS "OWNED"
Old 02-19-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Old 02-19-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
Friggin Idiot!!! It amazes me you actually have a license!
I'm an idiot because I said the obvious that an imbasol like you can't fathem? Grow up!