TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a much deserved ego smash!!!!

nice kill.....
Old 02-13-2005, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by King02SS
Believe it or not retro sells. If GM had gone with some more retro panels on the new GTO it probably would be selling better right now. No offense to the GTO I personally love the car but I don't look at the body so much when I buy. As far as n/a ford motors go what about the newer mach 1? It's on par with our motors and powers that car to times that match us peg for peg. The vettes a whole nother story but noone has ever really competed with the vette or honestly made a car truly in it's category in a long time. The vette is in a class of its own.

I dont consider the Mach to be that fast. Yes it may be able to hang with a Z28. But cannot beat a SS, C5, or Z06. But thats the fastest N/A they can build. They had to put a blower in the Cobra just to keep up with the vette.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:29 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Matt SS
I dont consider the Mach to be that fast. Yes it may be able to hang with a Z28. But cannot beat a SS, C5, or Z06. But thats the fastest N/A they can build. They had to put a blower in the Cobra just to keep up with the vette.
I disagree. The Machs are both fast and nice cars.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Umm hate to break this to you the SS doesn't really cut any better times than z28s. Also the mach 1s will cut bottom 13s off the lot with the proper driver. Some even boast high 12s just like us. The Z06 and C5 will cut in the deep 12s some even 11s yes but the Cobra isn't in their category in anything other than price really. Two seater supercars vs 4 door pony cars just isn't a comparison. Now I know alot of people would debate the corvette being a supercar and that's right it's not a lambo or ferrari. The vette is more or less in a class of its own. The cobra didn't necessarily need the blower to hang with us though. It's a pony car too(I'll be it an pricey and supercharged one but a pony car none the less) and could've just gone the route of the mach 1 if Ford had wanted to.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Umm hate to break this to you the SS doesn't really cut any better times than z28s. Also the mach 1s will cut bottom 13s off the lot with the proper driver. Some even boast high 12s just like us. The Z06 and C5 will cut in the deep 12s some even 11s yes but the Cobra isn't in their category in anything other than price really. Two seater supercars vs 4 door pony cars just isn't a comparison. Now I know alot of people would debate the corvette being a supercar and that's right it's not a lambo or ferrari. The vette is more or less in a class of its own. The cobra didn't necessarily need the blower to hang with us though. It's a pony car too(I'll be it an pricey and supercharged one but a pony car none the less) and could've just gone the route of the mach 1 if Ford had wanted to.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are very very few 12 second stock mach's. The autos for the machs are also slouches from what I have heard.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

why should ford build a big inch motor when gas price's keep on going up and down. svt know's they cant get any bigger then a 281ci motor from ford so they slapped a supercharger on it to get better performance so what big deal! would you go up to john force and tell him that his funny car is slow and then say something stupid like all funny car's need supercharger's to go fast. nooooooooooo!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha, Good kill man!
I know how you feel... I was next to a guy the other day at a stop light and he had a passenger with him. They were in a yellow 03/04 Cobra... I said "Nice car man" and he said "Yeah" with a cocky look... and his friend laughed like it was funny...
Too bad there was traffic in front of us or we could have had some fun.

Once again Good kill...
Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You really need to read more and learn before forming opinions that are absolutely ridiculous.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got what he deserved!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Good kill!!! I'm a really friendly person and like to compliment people even if its not exactly sweet. We are lucky to have what we have in my book. I thank God every day that i've been as lucky as i am and i feel bad for the less fortunate. He obviously is a greedy bitch and got what he deserved...i wish he woulda blown his motor.

Rant Off.

Jake
Old 02-13-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
There are very very few 12 second stock mach's. The autos for the machs are also slouches from what I have heard.
There are also very very few ls1s f-bods that boast 12s bone stock but they're still there. As far as automatics that's a Ford auto for ya. I don't think anyone has as nice of a performance auto tranny as GM does.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, what I heard is that they weren't under-rated like the M5's were (and no, I am not basing this on the autos dyno lower..they were significantly lower than a normal auto should be when compared to a manual)..just what I heard though.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, what I heard is that they weren't under-rated like the M5's were (and no, I am not basing this on the autos dyno lower..they were significantly lower than a normal auto should be when compared to a manual)..just what I heard though.
Power delivery's not the point. The point is where the M5s tranny peaks at 600 horse before dumping itself onto the highway the 4L series and the older TH can handle ridiculous abuse lay down amazing shift times and track numbers for a fraction of the cost. Making GM autos the auto of choice for drag racing and performance street cars. However BMWs manumatic features and smooth shifts are cute if you're a euro freak like that.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Power delivery's not the point. The point is where the M5s tranny peaks at 600 horse before dumping itself onto the highway the 4L series and the older TH can handle ridiculous abuse lay down amazing shift times and track numbers for a fraction of the cost. Making GM autos the auto of choice for drag racing and performance street cars. However BMWs manumatic features and smooth shifts are cute if you're a euro freak like that.
I'm not talking about that at all........

I am speaking that the engine was de-tuned for the autos.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not talking about that at all........

I am speaking that the engine was de-tuned for the autos.
Oh you're talking about the m5 ford tranny yea they're detuned so the auto can handle the stress because ford autos aren't their strong point. For some reason I got BMW M5s stuck in my head. I musta been watching too much car and driver.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh you're talking about the m5 ford tranny yea they're detuned so the auto can handle the stress because ford autos aren't their strong point. For some reason I got BMW M5s stuck in my head. I musta been watching too much car and driver.

I was wondering how BMW got into the discussion.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Sweet kill.

I hate the new old look. That's the ugliest ******* Mustang that was ever created. Hell, the Mustang II was better looking than this heap.

I say this in frustration because I can get any Ford at true factory invoice (daughter's marrying into a Ford family in Michigan, car lots everywhere.)

I can't seem to make the switch though.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill.

I wish that I could catch a race against a new 'stang here in Monkeytown. It seems that they all disappear when I bring my car out though... like it's a conspiracy or something.

I had a friend of mine tell me that a stock '05 would "smoke my ***" on the street, whether it's an automatic or manual. He plans to get one soon. I told him to bring his checkbook, 'cause I'm gonna get all kinda money for new mods.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Ok, your right about the Z28 thing. It is the same in the 1/4 as the SS. But my point of my agrument is that the FACTORY ford 4.6 DOHC N/A motor is a POS compared to the LS1. The 96-01 Cobras cannot run with it, ive seen it at the track, street, and in the magazines. (I know the magazines dont run the best times) I believe that is the reason ford had to S/C the Cobra.