Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Cocky 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I hate those damn Viper owners..they get TWO extra cylinders! How unfare is that??!?! How can they call themselves stock?! I mean, C'mon..two extra cylinders!

And don't even get me started on Mach 1's...How can someone be stock with a 3.38 1st gear ratio! That is so high! I hate it when they do that!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

To me its a damn power adder being thrown on, thats the difference. Its my opinion sorry it doesn't agree with yours. I'm more about N/A with no forced induction, thats the real playing ground. To me ford could not come out with an engine that had the output of the F-Body so they threw on a damn SC, again my opinion! And if you READ and INTERPRET what I wrote before, I'm not bashing Mustangs, I like em, I just don't respect some of these ******** who trot around with their SC cobra acting like GOD, its always fun to remind them of the outcome would be without that supercharger. Thats why I keep saying **** it, i'm going the supercharged route and call myself "stock". Don't like it, too bad
Old 02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mc01ta
To me its a damn power adder being thrown on, thats the difference. Its my opinion sorry it doesn't agree with yours. I'm more about N/A with no forced induction, thats the real playing ground. To me ford could not come out with an engine that had the output of the F-Body so they threw on a damn SC, again my opinion! And if you READ and INTERPRET what I wrote before, I'm not bashing Mustangs, I like em, I just don't respect some of these ******** who trot around with their SC cobra acting like GOD, its always fun to remind them of the outcome would be without that supercharger. Thats why I keep saying **** it, i'm going the supercharged route and call myself "stock". Don't like it, too bad

Like they say, run what ya brung cause I will.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

yup, i can be a sour apple, sorry bout that, just my opinion. I do believe in what you brung to a certain point, it just kills me what people call stock these days.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:00 PM
STF Veteran

Thats why I keep saying **** it, i'm going the supercharged route and call myself "stock". Don't like it, too bad
I don't think you understand what the word "stock", when used in the context of cars and engine modifications, actually means. Or perhaps you do and are just annoyed that cobras come with power adders while LS1s don't.

I will repeat it again, saying that they are wrong for calling their car "stock" because it came with a supercharger from the factory is EXACTLY the same thing as a ricer saying that our cars are unfair because they have 4 extra cylinders. There is no difference. It is the same thing. I'm sorry if that is inflamatory to you, but it's the truth.

Reminding them what the outcome would be without that supercharger is same thing as your roommate the subaru addict saying "oh yeah, well we should try racing some time with you disconnecting the plug wires to 4 of your cylinders". It's retarded. The supercharger is not a power adder on a cobra, it's part of the engine (although certain racing classes may make a different distinction). You would never take 4 cylinders out of comission in the name of "fairness" and a cobra driver would never remove the supercharger in the name of fairness. Sure you can beat a cobra without a supercharger (well, probably)... but you could also beat the cobra if he removed the rear wheels? What's the difference? Either way, you're asking him to remove a component that is a vital part of the design of the car.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:07 PM
STF Veteran

yup, i can be a sour apple, sorry bout that, just my opinion. I do believe in what you brung to a certain point, it just kills me what people call stock these days.
"Stock" does not mean naturally aspirated.

"Stock" means "as delivered from the factory". If all the cars of a particular model/trim level have a particular piece of hardware, and the car is advertised/supposed to have that piece of hardware, then that piece of hardware is "stock", even if in previous years the piece of hardware was added aftermarket.

Would you call a new car that comes from the factory with an mp3 capible cd deck "not stock" simply because it was not an option offered on your car, and had to be added to your car after you purchased the automobile?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

I understand, but it is a power adder in my mind. Take that off and what do you have, a Mach. Yes i understand from the factory, trust me it makes since. I just don't agree and i'm leaving it at that.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt SS
Well this response i pretty much what i expected from a TERMINATOR owner. But insulting me wont get you anywhere. Yes i do agree with you that it is all about the money, but if ford had all the TECH to make a fast N/A, then why didnt they? BC it would be too much money??? FACE it ford copped out on improving there MODUALAR motor and just slapped on a S/C. A smart move but a cop out in my book. Where GM set fourth to design a truly REMARKABLE next gen engine the ls2 and LS7, which both got honors in HOTROD Magizine. Im sorry if i offended your high and mighty opinon of your wonderful fords. But keep in mind that this is a GM web site and i am a GM owner.
so i guess im a cop out because i supercharged my ss!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
If I remember correctly, Unit (along with most of the cobra owners here) owned an LS1 before he got his cobra, and bought it because he couldn't find an 02 WS6 in new condition.

That is the biggest ricer arguement I hear it come out of LS1 owners mouths, and the sad part is I hear it again and again and again. Is the Mercedes Benz E55 somehow not "stock" because it has a supercharger? How about the Evo and it's turbo? Or the Supra and it's turbos? HOW ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY GRAND NATIONAL AND IT'S TURBO (I swear, how many times do I have to repeat that one)? If you think that the 03/04 cobra engine is just the 99/01 dohc 4.6L engine with a supercharger in place of the intake manifold, then you havn't done much research into the engine. Different block, different pistons, different crankshaft, different heads. How much has to be different to qualify it as a new engine? Seriously, how much more COULD be different? Does it share a lot of dimensions and measurements with the old 4.6L DOHC engines? sure... but guess what, the LS1 isn't so terribly different from the small block 350 chevy invented half a century ago... at least not when compared to other engines. Does that mean the LS1 somehow isn't "Stock" because it comes with a kickass set of heads and a strong cam from the factory? The supercharged 4.6L DOHC had 2 years of heavy R&D put into it (why do you think there was no 02 cobra?). SVT wasn't sitting in the basement one day with a spare engine, dug a supercharger out of saleen's part bin, and viola - a new engine! No it was built from the ground up to be forced induction, the supercharger is an integrated part of the engine.

sheesh.
i agree with you 100% and it make's me at the fact that people act like they work up at ford motor compeny and start making *** nine comment's like putting a supercharger on a engine is a cop out that just kill's me so that mean's that all of top fuel and pro mod and also funny car driver's are cop out's to.

Last edited by 02ls1ss; 02-16-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by King02SS
Believe it or not retro sells. If GM had gone with some more retro panels on the new GTO it probably would be selling better right now. No offense to the GTO I personally love the car but I don't look at the body so much when I buy. As far as n/a ford motors go what about the newer mach 1? It's on par with our motors and powers that car to times that match us peg for peg. The vettes a whole nother story but noone has ever really competed with the vette or honestly made a car truly in it's category in a long time. The vette is in a class of its own.
MOST DEF!!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02ls1ss
so i guess im a cop out because i supercharged my ss!

Thats not what i ment if you actually read the post, I ment the FORD motor company copped out by putting the S/C on.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thats not what i ment if you actually read the post, I ment the FORD motor company copped out by putting the S/C on.
no,no i read the post you did call ford cop out's for putting supercharger's on there motor's so in that case there's a bunch of cop out's in the NHRA wright!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

o'h and dont take it the wrong whey but you do not work up at ford so you really cant make comment's like that killa!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ls1ss
o'h and dont take it the wrong whey but you do not work up at ford so you really cant make comment's like that killa!
damn i just read all these posts and all of u are really getting worked up over nothin...who gives a damn if ford put a SC on their stang....hell i still think there sharp cars and run every single one of em....if they beat me...**** they beat me....im still the proud Ls1 OWNER that he isnt....so **** em and quit arguing like lil bitches
Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

I agree, I didnt mean to start this war, i was just expressing my opinion and arguing what i knew.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well this response i pretty much what i expected from a TERMINATOR owner. But insulting me wont get you anywhere. Yes i do agree with you that it is all about the money, but if ford had all the TECH to make a fast N/A, then why didnt they? BC it would be too much money??? FACE it ford copped out on improving there MODUALAR motor and just slapped on a S/C. A smart move but a cop out in my book. Where GM set fourth to design a truly REMARKABLE next gen engine the ls2 and LS7, which both got honors in HOTROD Magizine. Im sorry if i offended your high and mighty opinon of your wonderful fords. But keep in mind that this is a GM web site and i am a GM owner.
I owned a LS1 first. I'm not offended. Just trying to open your eyes.

People are incredible. STOCK means from the factory folks. Geez. I thought this was a board full of intelligent people.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SStheBest
damn i just read all these posts and all of u are really getting worked up over nothin...who gives a damn if ford put a SC on their stang....hell i still think there sharp cars and run every single one of em....if they beat me...**** they beat me....im still the proud Ls1 OWNER that he isnt....so **** em and quit arguing like lil bitches
amen brother amen!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

I agree, I didnt mean to start this war, i was just expressing my opinion and arguing what i knew.
i understand matt.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

I dont consider the Mach to be that fast. Yes it may be able to hang with a Z28. But cannot beat a SS, C5, or Z06. But thats the fastest N/A they can build. They had to put a blower in the Cobra just to keep up with the vette.
Funny, I ran faster than your SS (13.4 @ 104 mph w/2.19 60' time) when my Mach was completely stock...

... so which foot is in your big mouth now???

Last edited by Angus66; 02-16-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Good Kill