Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Owned by a 350z . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again ur preaching about track times... On the street it's down to the driver. BTY: I highly doubt u pulled a 13.8 w/ intake exhaust.. That would mean i could run a 12.8 with intake and exhaust only. Did anybody else know that??? **** why don't we all get intake and exhaust and shave off 4/10's of a sec off our times....LMFAO

A professional driver pulls a 14.1 in the 1/4 at best. So about ur skills...

-Matt
Old 02-23-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

It would be fun to see that 350Z run a boosted LS1.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a black turbo 350Z try me on the other day ... some skinny dude. I weigh 220 and my wife (hehe, well, we won't go there ... LOL) was in the car ... anyway, I was at a weight disadvantage. I got away from the guy but it took some doing ... from 0-70, I was less than 2 car lengths ahead of him ... this was from a holeshot at a redlight. Those turbo 350Z's are pretty quick.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Once again ur preaching about track times... On the street it's down to the driver. BTY: I highly doubt u pulled a 13.8 w/ intake exhaust.. That would mean i could run a 12.8 with intake and exhaust only. Did anybody else know that??? **** why don't we all get intake and exhaust and shave off 4/10's of a sec off our times....LMFAO

A professional driver pulls a 14.1 in the 1/4 at best. So about ur skills...

-Matt

Wow! Ignorance is bliss! Thats a lot of off the top of the head talk. I ran a 13.9 stock with mine and there have been many others who have run all the way down to the 13.6 range stock with theirs. I am not saying that this is super fast or anything but they are respectable times. Just remember you guys have a lot huger displacement than us also. I just wish you could
do some research before speaking. Im sure not all of you are like this and can have some respect for cars other than yours. Calling us rice is the equivalent of us calling you "white trailer trash," or that you all have mullets as the standard stereotypical camaro/firebird drivers. I am not saying this because I am not going to step as low as some of you have. For the ones who have shown some respect for us thank you as I do have respect for your cars also. All I am saying is do some research before speaking.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Hey, we actually got to see who beat someone. I'm happy about that myself. I give respect to the 350Z, I think it is one of the best looking Nissans. Stock I find its performance at par with most of todays cars out, although I find some other Nissan's to my liking more. Either way, I'm giving my props to the 350, the cool 350Z guys and the owner who got his lesson in imports. They aren't all slow! Don't worry though, I got my lesson from a Integra I'm glad I'm stock.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Here's the thing; I consider most people that post in these forums to be Car Entusiasts. As such we should admire cars that perform well. Yes, there is a point at which things become ludicrous and be it a vehicle that performs well or not, it's just ugly. Still, you have to respect the performance of a well thought out and designed vehicle.

Since I own an 11 second SS and a "slug" 350Z, should I disrespect my Z because, with good conditions, it can only pull high 13's? Or should I disrespect my SS because in a decreasing radius turn it wants to swap ends and go backwards down the track?

I didn't get the Z to turn low 1/4 mile times. I got it to Autocross and run on road curcuits. If all I cared about was going really quickly down the 1/4 I would have been more than happy to continue driving the SS only. (I still drive her pretty much as a daily driver, I trade off days depending on my mood.)

Eventually, my Z will be quick and handle like a go-cart. But for now my funds are still going into the SS. Stroker kit in the garage to put in still and while I have her open I'm going to freshen up the top end components as well. However, in a couple of years the work on the Z begins.

Bottom line: As entusiasts, we shouldn't disrespect vehicles that are not LS1 powered. Besides, as soon as you don't give the proper respect to a car it blows by you and you are left looking at their taillights like this
Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM
TTT
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
It would be fun to see that 350Z run a boosted LS1.
What would be even more fun is to see if the 350Z owner's stock transmission holds up.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dave079
Wow! Ignorance is bliss! Thats a lot of off the top of the head talk. I ran a 13.9 stock with mine and there have been many others who have run all the way down to the 13.6 range stock with theirs. I am not saying that this is super fast or anything but they are respectable times. Just remember you guys have a lot huger displacement than us also. I just wish you could
do some research before speaking. Im sure not all of you are like this and can have some respect for cars other than yours. Calling us rice is the equivalent of us calling you "white trailer trash," or that you all have mullets as the standard stereotypical camaro/firebird drivers. I am not saying this because I am not going to step as low as some of you have. For the ones who have shown some respect for us thank you as I do have respect for your cars also. All I am saying is do some research before speaking.

what do u drive?? If ur talking about having respect for an LT1, i have the upmost respect retard...I was just explaining how it grilled a 350Z..U should pay close attention to what ur writing...I was talking about LT1 times not 350Z times..sooo..........what are u arguing

BTY: I was talking about ZUMAKUMA and his 97 30th LT1...

Last edited by ls1fbod; 02-25-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
what do u drive?? If ur talking about having respect for an LT1, i have the upmost respect retard...I was just explaining how it grilled a 350Z..U should pay close attention to what ur writing...I was talking about LT1 times not 350Z times..sooo..........what are u arguing

BTY: I was talking about ZUMAKUMA and his 97 30th LT1...
Okay. I've been civil with you... Till now.

What's your malfunction? You raise the BS flag that I pulled a 13.87 in a '97 Z28 with CAI and Catback? Christ man. Do you even know anything at all about GM products or do you just own one and talk out your rectal canal?

Stock the '97's were quite capible of pulling 14.1 or lower. I managed a 13.87 at Seattle International with only the mods listed. You are either too arrogant or ignorant (I have to guess it's a bit of both) to even carry on a decent conversation with!

LS1 powered '01's and above listed 13.2X in most rags out there. Yet I can grab you plenty of them that have dipped into the 12's stock. Get off your high horse and undo your rectal cranial inversion.

Last edited by ZumaKuma; 02-25-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Old 02-25-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 02-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by white00ws6
i was in 3rd gear then i manually dropped it into 2nd gear. leaving it in OD would be pointless and uneffective.
Surely you jest.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
It would be funny to see that 350Z run a boosted LS1.
fixed it for yah
Old 02-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Administrator

500hp is very nice...no question about it, especially when it's in a light car.
Personally, I wouldn't own a 350Z. They look too girly to me, but that's just my opinion. I respect them for what they are. I'm sure they are extremely fun to drive and I definitely would turn one down if I were given one.

Now...bring on this monster of an import so we can show him what American muscle is all about. I'm personally fond of letting them see this view.

Of course it would be much harder to see that view since the gap between cars would be so large.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

nice cobra unit
Old 02-26-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know about yall, but units bumper says 'co3ra'
Old 02-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by black00TA
i dont know about yall, but units bumper says 'co3ra'
Shadow.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZumaKuma
Okay. I've been civil with you... Till now.

What's your malfunction? You raise the BS flag that I pulled a 13.87 in a '97 Z28 with CAI and Catback? Christ man. Do you even know anything at all about GM products or do you just own one and talk out your rectal canal?

Stock the '97's were quite capible of pulling 14.1 or lower. I managed a 13.87 at Seattle International with only the mods listed. You are either too arrogant or ignorant (I have to guess it's a bit of both) to even carry on a decent conversation with!

LS1 powered '01's and above listed 13.2X in most rags out there. Yet I can grab you plenty of them that have dipped into the 12's stock. Get off your high horse and undo your rectal cranial inversion.
Alright dipshit, i'm not going to argue with u over and over....I personally don't believe a word u have said which is why im raising the again...
I ran plenty of times at the track and never pulled 12's stock...SORRY...and i am a pretty damn good driver... My buddy has a LT1 intake exhaust and pulleys.. best ET to date was a 13.95 and that was me behind the wheel.. I'm not going to argue with ur time...I'll just believe u, and quit acting like a hard *** over typing...U must be the quite comedian in ur town...
So this is over...

BTY: I'm such a newb w/ GM i dont know why i argue
Old 02-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Next post like that from anyone is getting deleted and the post is getting locked.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TTT
So now who are the ricers... the "slow" imports? Like my Nissan TTZ, I guess... at only 703 RWHP (exterior completely stock). What about Mustangs with ugly non-stock wings and shitty paint jobs? What about 6-cylinder LS1s with exhaust tips, racing stripes (good for at least 20 RWHP), stickers, and absolutely no performance mods? I think those cars own the market on rice (well, except for underpowered, poorly modified 4-cylinders). Ricers are people who "rice up" their rides, regardless of their make. If you want good examples, try www.beaterz.com, www.ricecop.com or www.laughatrice.com. You'll quickly see how there are numerous domestics which also look like total a$$.

I must agree - it is easy to stereotype import owners (especially Honda civic and CRX owners) as ricers, since that is predominantly what people see being "riced up." But it is not always that way.

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...?album=1&pos=9

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...?album=6&pos=2

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...?album=6&pos=7

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...?album=6&pos=8

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...album=14&pos=8

http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/d...album=20&pos=7

http://www.ricecop.com/viewpic.php?i...d6cb32896dd61f

http://www.ricecop.com/view_gpic.php...=000928-01.jpg

http://www.ricecop.com/view_gpic.php...=000893-01.jpg

http://www.ricecop.com/view_gpic.php...=000767-01.jpg
6-cylinder LS1's?????