Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt-1 Vs. Ls-what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:41 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enisguy
Always gotta make it into a north vs south thing, don't ya.

I know a ton of southern people who can spell and construct sentences without sounding like a ******* 5 year old, you must be one of those mountain hicks or something. How'd you get your hands on a computer?
yikes man it's all good, don't get all crazy on him! I'll lend you my car if you want, I know you're probably in F-Body withdrawl at this point. I definetely would be. How's your WRX doin'?

anyways

Brad
Old 03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Launching!

i was just kiddind around, no harm was intended.i honestly apoligize man.

fwiw i was born and raised in florida.

tampa florida
Old 03-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Launching!

oo'z.....new tampa bruce b. downs
Old 03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Gonna have to call on this one....

I'm in tampa alot and I'm pretty sure I would have heard about this via www.tamparacing.com

theres no way that happened unless theres something your not telling us about...

LT1's are dawgs compared to LS1's from all of my experiences (stock to stock)

prove me wrong you wont!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

at this thread.

and let me restate i loved my lt1.
but my ls1 was a full second quicker in the 1/4 stock.

so............something aint right
Old 03-04-2005, 01:09 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaredwayt
xphantomws6x
TECH Junkie"I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life."

i said ls-what b/c my syock *** 96' camaro ss beat the allmighty ls1, 8urls1 is not accually on my liscence plate, its an old screen name.and yes im looking for a ls1 to mod b/c there where very few of my cars made unlike your ws6 asc#20937.
I guess this makes sense to someone who has a 70 IQ ... but it's way Under my head.

a. Your stock *** 96 camaro ss, with "bald-*** tires" DIDN'T beat a I/E LS1 ... which was agree'd on by pretty much everyone who has chimed in here, including the LT1 owners.

b. You're looking for an LS1 because your car is rare??? You mean there is more to your LT1 SS than a slightly different intake/exhaust/suspension ... which would account for a barely noticable difference on the dyno??? Do you have a SPEDcial edition that is harder to get parts for then a standard LT1???? If anything, I would think people would sell their LS1 to get an LT1 if they were planning on modding it, since the aftermarket is much more expansive and so much cheaper.

c. Yeah, you're right ... the 2,500 96 SS's that were produced make it extremely rare compared to the 3,300 or so 1999 WS6's that were manufactured .... Nice job. Not to mention that your car, unlike most of the LT1's on this board, is just Another 14 second bone-stock LT1 ..... nothing at all would set it apart from those other 2,500 cars, except maybe that is has a dumbass driving it.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:38 AM
11 Second Club

a. Your stock *** 96 camaro ss, with "bald-*** tires" DIDN'T beat a I/E LS1 ... which was agree'd on by pretty much everyone who has chimed in here, including the LT1 owners.

You where spining the tires and him having a auto and stock he would have hooked hard and been gone. So you are saying with him hooking and you spining you stayed right with him. WOW
Old 03-04-2005, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8

You where spining the tires and him having a auto and stock he would have hooked hard and been gone. So you are saying with him hooking and you spining you stayed right with him. WOW

He not only stayed with him, he put a good 2-3 cars on the LS1 by 120 ....
Old 03-04-2005, 03:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
He not only stayed with him, he put a good 2-3 cars on the LS1 by 120 ....
I missed that thanks. I am traiding in my 02 LS1 right now for a LT1. NOT!
Thinking about it, maybe he is not lying. It could have been a V-6 with Z-28/Trans-am badges that would make sense right.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Launching!

i think this is somewhat comical, everybody wants to get into such a deep argument implementing name calling, which is uncalled for, i simply posted this thread to let everybody know what happend that night, and i dont post on tampa-racing b/c i dont like the 99% of ricers on that site, and every body talks crap on that site.im not talking crap, if any body including STANG2481 wants to come out and watch for their own eyes ill go out their again, on wednesday night at target on BBD.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think this is somewhat comical, everybody wants to get into such a deep argument implementing name calling, which is uncalled for, i simply posted this thread to let everybody know what happend that night, and i dont post on tampa-racing b/c i dont like the 99% of ricers on that site, and every body talks crap on that site.im not talking crap, if any body including STANG2481 wants to come out and watch for their own eyes ill go out their again, on wednesday night at target on BBD.

The bottom line is none of us believe you. None of us are going to believe you whatever you say next. None of us are dumb enough to believe that your m6 LT1 especially with bald tires you have a prayer against a stock a4 ls1 from a roll. For him it would have been "fire and forget."
Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Somebody should go back elementary school and learn proper english, spelling, grammer, punctuation, and anything else learned at that time in your life.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
grammer...

Grammar.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Somebody should go back elementary school and learn proper english, spelling, grammer, punctuation, and anything else learned at that time in your life.

And look at this first line does it make any sence?

Somebody should go back elementary school
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'll run you, but my car isnt stock
Old 03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either it was a badged v6, or the car had a couple of missing sparkplug wires...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AOC
Grammar.

Typing too fast at work owns me.

02Blue, no you dont make any sense.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

I make perfect sence you put somebody should go back elemetary school you need to put a to in between back and elementary.

When you tell someone they should go back to school. You should re-read your post and make sure you did not mess up and make yourself look like a fool.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02BlueFormula
I make perfect sence you put somebody should go back elemetary school you need to put a to in between back and elementary.

When you tell someone they should go back to school. You should re-read your post and make sure you did not mess up and make yourself look like a fool.
Again, typing too fast at work owned me, big deal. You got the point, its not my fault your **** retentive.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:21 PM

Again, typing too fast at work owned me, big deal. You got the point, its not my fault your **** retentive.
haha You guys are retarded.