Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT-4 KILLED! By 5.3 powered Toyota :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robino
what kind'a HP does one of these make when supercharging them/bigger injectors/etc...

I see a black Formula at Moroso pretty often, with a huffer, tucked in slicks and skinnies up front that runs flat-low 10's. The thing is stock interior/body with every amenity inside yet when the hammer drops the ****** takes off like a raped ape yanking the wheels off the ground and all...amazing.

Wondering how much HP a car that size has to make to run times like those with a full interior/every option/AC, etc...
Edit: Didn't realize you were talking about FI setup at first.

If I threw slicks and skinnies on my car, I'd probably be able to run 10.9's (with proper suspension), but my car is not set up for that at all. That car, if A4, probably makes the same amout of hp as mine (maybe a bit more). I'd venture to say it takes at least 500rwhp to run consistent low 10's with our cars. We can't boost too much FI on our stock bottom end. Low 500rwhp is pushing it.
Suspension and tire goes a long, long way with F-bods. I'd say it's more important than horsepower for good ET's (as with any car).

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 03-22-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got a highway run in with that kids rocket. Just as soon as my needle burried for about 1 second i had to shut it down due to the rapidly approching traffic. So we slowed down, and the kid told me it was an even 130MPH. This i know wasnt ****, the truck was still pulling, i JUST burried the needle, and i sure as hell didnt stay into it as long i have before or when i raced that Srt-4. I still wanna get a hardcore top speed run on it with the rocket to reach my 150+ mph goal. Gotta go on the highway around 3am when its super dead.

Il try to get some pics tonight posted.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

v8-7, do you own that 82-ish RX7 with no hood that I saw at RSD's last year or the year before? I think it was yellow or white.

Sounds like your 'yoda' is pretty fast, I believe you, I bet the truck is <3000 raceweight. Is it a handful at higher speeds?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by robino
difference between me and the srtboard douchebags is, i'm 36 not 16, i like all cars that have potential, regardless what they are so long as they're domestics.
i saw a huge potential in the srt and bought one.
Same here. I could care less about looks(I don't mind driving a rollerskate w/ a hood scoop). I'm married and care less about trying to look cool or pick up chicks.

Unfortunately everybody treats you like your a damn 12 year old in this car. I need to tint my windows or something.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Launching!

-PSJ
The yellow Rx7 with no hood is some guy that lives in chicago. Its a ls6 powerplant and the chassis is the first gen Rx7 76-83 or some range like.
The black Rx7 (might have had his hood removed at one point) which is a second Gen rx7 85-91 is Ray from WI, hes LS1/t56 powered 100% stock. Ran 12.1s with mild 60's on 100% stock LS1 through the cats at 310Rwhp.
Now my car,,, lol. Isnt running yet, but its the 3rd gen (93-95) and is black for now, i plan to change the color maybe this year. If i get my act together and stop playing around with my hondas i might have my Rx7 project done by summer. (crosses fingers)
Theres a guy (turbogarrett on this board) from WI with a blue/green Ls1/rx7 same year/style as mine. He has his running already and made it to the track last year. (GLD)

As for the yota, 2850 without me in it. Goes in a straight line like no other. Thanks to the locker when its locked. Trying to turn it is another issue. haha. high speed cruisin is best, holds 100 like nothing and is super smooth.